Any comment on Dr. Adrian B Woodworth from Thomson Women Clinic

Eunice: congrats... so nice baby is out le... look at the sexy lips.. its soo red.. :D

Eufrasia: Doc owaz say rest rest rest... Doc nvr mentioned anyting abt braxton hicks.. my last gynae still give me notes on braxton hicks and advise wat to expect during real labour.. hehe.. Anyway adrian only say tis may come out early cos its 2nd preggie... mi now in 38 wks le.. pah pah :p

Sometimes I will feel dizzy if stand too long.. 1st preggie I nearly "white out" cos sun too hot and heart cannot pump enuff oxygen to my brains.. & I cannot take MRT cos I feel breathless.. This time round is btr though...

Icebaby: I tink Eunice uses TMC :D

Ladies have you got ready your hospital bag and all everything for baby?? I havent open up playpen for baby wor.. hehe

Eufrasia,

Try putting a cushion jus under your tummy. Will relief some discomfort. Also put a cushion behind your back to prevent yourself from sleeping on your back. Not good for bb to sleep on your back leh.

Ling,
so doc alwas tell u to rest rest rest? hee.. but tis time doc tell me to rest till few times.. n last time he very seldom tell to rest.. or perhaps i din notice or forgot.. hee.. nowadays always forgetful..

btw, what is the braxton hicks like? read in the book it is painless.. heard it's tightening in the tummy.. care to share ur last gynea notes?
happy.gif

me too.. will get dizzy if stand or even sit too long.. i tot i'm getting weak.. hubby afraid i cannot push baby later on.. arrrgh.. he makes me worried..

but it's good for you that u're better now with ur 2nd preggie now
happy.gif

Athen,
tks for ur advice..
actually i've put a bloster behind my back.. but when i woke up i found myself slept on my right side hugging the bolster.. haaa.. usually i always sleep in one position..

hmm.. perhaps should put a cushion as ur advice instead of bolster.. hee..

Cheryl,
Last week i have pelvic pain. i figure out it bcoz i sit too long.. try not to sit too long and get up once in a while and take a walk to get ur drink or go toilet..

aaarr.. i hate going to toilet in the office.. kinda troublesome.. nid to clean the toilet seat 1st.. but i'll be on leave tis 15oct.. so no more trouble going to toilet.. heee...

are you gals sweating a lot lately? the weather is very very hot.. i sweat like mad at home.. seems that my pores is like a tap water..

Ling,
talking abt dizziness.. lucky me that doc gave me MC today.. coz tis morning i was so dizzy.. like going to faint..

but i m only in my 20week+
sad.gif
maybe really sit too long.. walk too long oso pain...

yes nowadays quite hot. but last 2 days is ok leh... i can even slp without sweating

cheryl

Pelvic pain will get worse. It is due to Pelvic opening out to accomodate the bb. Dr asked me to take panadol the last time.

Eufrasia

Very normal for preg woman to sweat a lot.

babycupid

Was on Duphaston for the whole of 1st trimester. Spent $700+ on the tablets.
sad.gif

Babycupid,
i also took duphaston in my 1st trim to stabilize the baby..

Cheryl, Athen,
Ic.. they said preg woman feel more warm than others..
yup.. these last 2 days better.. can feel a bit cold in air-con room at nite..
but in the day.. still sweat alot.. esp now am at home on mc..
want to stay in the bedroom but dun wan to turn on the aircon for the whole day.. hee..

Babycupid..
i was given tat in my 1st trimester coz i was having frequent cramps..but heng only need to take 2 packs nia...

icebaby..
Yap..i went to TMC...opt 4 bedded than given 2 bedded lor...

Eufrasia...

Good news!!!So eat more ICE CREAM & more MILK!!!
happy.gif

i admit at 9am...than Adrian came at about 9.30am to check on me & than brust my water bag...than about 10.15am the nurse started to put me on the drip to induce labour...than never felt anything althought machines sahow pain level...hehe..so ask nurse to check..than felt mild contractions from about 1pm..real pain set in at 3.15pm so i ask for laughing gas...than bb pop at 3.40pm...actually can pop early but Adrian haven reach so the nurses keep pulling my legs straight & massage me...but i keep kicking her hands away,got urge to push how to tahan...
than hubby saw Adrian running in,in polo t,shorts & slippers nia..haha..think i shock him coz he presume i going to pop at abt 4pm bah...

For me..i find induce is more bearable than my normal delivery of my gal..coz maybe my mind etc are so called prepare lor...than nurses was quite amaze tat i only ask for gas sooo late,when meter show my pain level hit 100 liao...also maybe bcoz my boy smaller than my gal,so overall pain is lesser bah...

be prepare lor..coz after on drip than cannot get down from bed liao...lucky i brought along my PSP,lastest issue of Today Parents,the newspaper,straits time etc...somemore the nurse also on tv for me to watch...

Athen..
Yap...Induced,natural....anyway heard from some othe mummies & nurses...recently TMC super packed..on monday there was not enough labour room & nurses...wa..think all mummies choose date bah..than even the single room was fully booked...

Eunice,
hee.. think it's the right time to satisfy myself wif ice cream n milk.. kekkeke..

Ur labour is fast, dun really feel the pain somemore.. Envy u!!!.. heee...
hope my labour is like yours too.. must prepare my mind oso..
happy.gif

btw, y cannot get down from bed after on drip? they dun allow or unable to get down?
will follow you to bring somethings to read.. heee..

Cheryl,
doc never give calcium pill coz the multi-vit tablet (pink colour tablet) oredi contains calcium and iron as well.. so dun worry..
i ever asked him whether i nid to take any calcium/iron supplement or centrum.. he said no nid..
when u reach ur 2nd trim, you will nid to take fish oil.. you can ask him abt tis..

Eufrasia..

Once admit..the nurse will check weight etc..than ask to change..than after Adrian come in check & brust water bag,than insert the dunno wat liquid into anus,to clear your bowel...than after tat go on bed than put on drip,than the monitor on tummy,1 for bb heartbeat 1 for your pain level..than cannot get down liao lor...even if got urge to urine or wat,also use bed pan...they dun allow to get down from bed liao...

Eunice,

Hm... Seems like TMC don't practice active birthing hor. Heard that if can move around, labour will be faster. Or is it cos u r on drip? If not on drip, can get off the bed?

Eufrasia
my c-sec is not under epi, is GA, totally knocked out! I had the scare of my life already with the stupid epi not working well throughout the 9hrs labor, don't trust epi liao. Next time if i ever decide to have 2nd one, i won't even opt for c-sec epi, GA direct!!! Once bitten twice shy.

Hi All,

I am back..hehe! so far so good for me..
Went TMC yday to take Nuchal Translucency scan..everything was fine. The report will be sent to Dr Woodworth for his analysis. Saw the hands and legs of my little one....doing "kick boxing" in my tummy...so cute...
happy.gif

Yah, TMC getting busier nowadays, i went yday and it is packed, esp at their "small" lobby...carpark was full somemore....aiyo...

I have not taken any calcium tablets, only took the Pink and Folic acid given by Dr Woodworth for the time being...

By the way, pregnancy of 13 weeks, can take bird nest..??

Tiny voice

I use epi for c-sect leh. Don feel anything except the tugging & pulling feeling during op.Maybe your epi wasn't administer properly. Did u complain to Dr Adrian?

I got the after effect nauseaness.

Athen: i complained to the nurses and also anathescian, can't recall if i complain to woody, they all said could be bb sitting on the nerve to my thigh, it was my right side which hurts real badly with every contraction. My after effect of the 4units of epi + GA was super bad, nausea very badly and throat was full of phlegm after i woke up.

My son is in his 4th week now, just weighed him, he is 4kg, birth weight was 3.215kg, any idea issit consider normal weight gain?

Tiny voice

The after effect is terrible rite? Nausea & the shivering. Even now come to think abt it also scared.

Cannot remember what is the normal weight gain for new born. Usually bb will gain a lot of weight during the 1st 6 mths. Then will slow down as they r moving around after 6 mths. U can check his weight gain on the last few pages of his health book. It will show u his weight is in which percentile. If your PD din make any comment, should be ok bah. Which PD did u go to?

hihi....
Tinyvoice...
Yap..consider normal...than by abt 2-3 mths old...bb will have double the birth weight...can check with bb pd lor...

babycupid..
my elder gal is 19mths now..while my boy is 5 days old..
hehe

Athen: the PD he was assigned during his stay in TMC was Dr. Keoy, subsequently we went back to him again when he's a week's old for checkup. Hubby and I don't quite like this PD leh, so decided to find our own. 2wks back, i brought him to another PD, "Alpha Babies" at Jurong East Central, this time was a lady PD, am quite comfortable with this PD, may stick to her.

I will go check back the health book, thanks!

Tiny voice,

I was also assigned to Dr Keoy the last time. He was ok during the hospital visit. But feedback from the forum does not seems to be good. U can try searching under "Motherhood, preg & bb" topic. His clinic is in Bishan or TMC. Too far for me.

I'm seeing Dr Winston Ng from Kidslink CCK. Clinic is located in the building next to Lot 1. Very nice & patient guy. Jus like Dr Adrian but he don't talk so fast lah. But charges expensive.

Tinyvoice..
my gal & my boy is with Dr Lillian Lim from Sengkang Rivervale Mall Kidz Clinic...
Was assign to her when i delivery my gal..think all those staying in SK all is by her...
than my gal was with her since born & i find her good...my gal was down with bronchitis 3 times & she loan me the neb machine home each time for her to inhale..overall charges each time was like $100+ including loaning of machine for 7days..

Today my prince just went for a review with her...Janudice level ok..so just continue suntan..no need any blood prick test...
than inform her my boy got bad nappy rashes due to vey frequent motion passing..so gave me a medicine to apply & also a wash..today paid $50...

anyway hor..for her clinic..no appointment wan,unless is for review or jabs..work on a alk in basis...so must go early if not wait beri long..coz newborns got prioty to see 1st...
happy.gif

Athen..

think it was bcoz i was on drip...coz induce mah..tat's ahy not allowed to get down from bed...
anyway,i also prefer to be a pig...lie down...hehe..incase,suddenly got urge to push etc than bb come out while standing...so dangerous....
:p

Athen: I dun like Dr Keoy... no good.. will be using Dr Ang tis time for BB... I used Dr Winston also but few times he diagnose wrongly.. Nvr go back to him after tat..
sad.gif

Hi ladies,

it seems that Dr Adrian Woodworth is very very popular.

I have just found out that I am pregnant and I would like to hear comments about this doctor.

And also how are his charges like?

Thanks all mothers and mothers-to-be.

hello ladies!! super long no come in here liao. hows everyone? i lost track who give birth n who still on waiting list....hehe...seems like got new babes here

Athen, how r u??

Ling
initially b4 give birth i also tot of dr ang. but when i mention to dr woodworth....hehe....i decided to use dr keoy instead. but now i didnt go back liao...i went to dr agnes at jurong east

Athen: I think most woody's patients were assigned to Dr. Keoy....

hey cheezel, long time no see. I have given birth liao. You also brought your baby to Dr. Agnes eh, i brought my son once there and I quite like her and i think will go back to her next time. My boy turning 1 month soon and will need the 2nd hep B jab. Dr. Agnes recommended 5in1 jab instead of 6in1 jab as baby won't be prone in getting fever. Did you sign up with her for the vacinne package?

cheezel: y leh, wat did adrian says?? But i personally experienced both and prefers Dr Ang :D

Who is Dr Agnes?? From Kidslink oso?

Eunice,

DS also got bronchitis when he was 7 mths old. Given neb in Dr Winston's clinic. Although it is way past closing time, he make sure DS's breathing is ok b4 he let us go back. So ended up almost 10plus then we leave the clinic. Now DS is under KKH for bronchitis follow up as he was hosp there a yr ago.

Ling,

What did Dr Winston diagnose wrongly? Can share?

Cheezel,

I'm still the same lor. Everyday busy with DS. How is your bb? When r u going back to work? Still bf?

Athen..
I see...Beri headache when kids kana that...
My gal was down with it 3 times before she turn 1 yr...2 of those 3 times was in a month....
but heng with Dr Lim she lend me machine home so no need to be hosp...heard from some mummies that their kids was hosp bcoz their doc got no machines to lend them..

Eunice,

Even in KKH, he was only neb once. Other times only use puff. He is still on puff now. He kana twice also. The 2nd time is 1 week after discharge. Most prob due to the haze then. Seems like this is a common problem for kids these days.

Athen...
Ya lor...so now whenever my gal down with cough with alot phlegm..it always make me very kan cheong & careful with wat she eat....

My gal not on any puff leh....just pray hard every time she down with cough than it's normal cough..coz now she's in CC,she's even more prone to kana cough or flu...

Eunice,

I also very scared everytime he got flu. A bit of runny nose or phlegm only I give medicine. Hoping to bring the symtoms down. My mum keep telling me not to give medicine. Let him recover by himself. But how to. If develop to bronchitis, we & him are going to suffer.

Now I'm very paranoid. If anyone coughing or sneeze in public place, I'll bring my boy away. Even going to clinic, I'll stay outside till it is my turn to see Dr. Am I mad?

Athen..

Normal mah...as parents we are very kan cheong on our kids..moreover nowadays sooo many types of new illness..in our Mother's time where got..that why your mum tense to be more relaxed...
Me also mah...every go PD will but extra mendicine to keep stock than the nurses can tell me siao ar..touch wood ar...wan keep medicine for wat...than i will tell them,bcoz my gal kana 3 times before,tat's why i need to stand by,any little cough or flu start giving medicine..that's also recommend by her PD mah..
So you see,even the clinic nurses can have such thinking...
happy.gif

Athen: Actually im like your mum, if can, let them recover by themselves.. But of cos dont drag the sickness till too long lah.. I will still see doc if not yet recover... and ya, will wait outside clinic if too many ppl inside.. Fresh air is btr.. :p Now my girl with flu and cough sia... sigh...

Eunice,

Last time I silly lor. Went to the doctor outside my place because kena pressured by my in-laws cos my son was wheezing too much. Stupid doctor (he is actually quite good but he not a PD) force us go KKH. You know I see my son go KKH and breathe the huminizer cry and cry. He hated it.

Then after that I told hubby..I will never send him there again. Went to my Uncle (who is a PD) instead...he had a huminizer in the clinic!!! N my son like him a whole lot better. Each time go there to breathe "aircon". LOL. He doesn't cry.

Anyway, kids are more prone to sickness esp when go CC. After a while (around 6 mths), shld be okay

icebaby..

ya lor...go CC vedry prone to sickness...

Yap..although GP seems to be cheaper etc..but they dun study kids medicine..so alot of GP dun dare to prescribe medicine or wat..PD being more X but i dun mind lor...

Yah, PD more ex. But actually for me, if I send to GP is more ex than PD. Cos my PD is my uncle. He only charge me medication and not consultation. =)

hehe..
i see...you sooo good...
coz last time hubby fren keep wanting to compare with us..than i told them of..go GP once can be $20-30 compare to my PD of at least $50 above..but most of the times,they need to go back 3-4 times coz medicine dun help etc.but i go PD once nia..so end up i more worth it mah..coz i only need to spend once & moreover the time spend leh...

Actually it doesn't matter to me, cos last time my ex-cos normally allow me to claim 100% or at least 80% of the bill.
However, now I can't claim but hubby can claim if they go to Raffles Medical clinics..which is fine. Cos they are both old enough to see a PD. Unless my younger son needs the "aircon" (touch wood...so far for the past yr + haven't needed it) or his wheezing medication. Then we go to the PD.

Anyway, the PD is in Hougang...so it's near home. Just that the waiting time at his clinic is long..lol.

Icic...so good can claim...my company cannot allow claims for kids medical bills...hubby company also cannot...
Same lor...the PD is at Sengkang,like 2 lrt stops from home..but if sick or wat i normally go beri early to wait if not sometimes waiting time can be 2-3 hours..

hehe

Back