Any comment on Dr. Adrian B Woodworth from Thomson Women Clinic

Ling,

Me not preg. Your experience reminds me that when preg with my boy, have problem walking towards end of preg. Me still no courage to have no 2.

I thought your gal is at Ace@work full time? Or did I remeber wrongly. U can check out Yew Tee CC. There are some educational centres there. But I think for older kids.

Athen
I guess bcos I carry my bb a lot (he is getting heavier each day)and somehow he always press on my wound esp when feeding him. I tried not to take pain killer for a week but finally surrender and went to buy the medicine from the clinic last week.

Ling...

nah...not to worry..i zip up my bag..
:p
coz tat time July wan on 1 mth paid leave mah..so slowly wash than pack lor...

me like mind split into 2 now..1 say bb faster pop so that i can smell & kiss & hold him..but the other side say dun wanna pop so fast coz i will miss the feeling of him inside me & nowadays go out i only need to pack for my gal mah...no need pack for 2..
hehe
happy.gif

Pigpig,

Your pain sounds very bad leh.
sad.gif
Is Dr Adrian aware of your pain? Let him know. Did he give u any cream to apply when he remove the stitches? Apply the cream. It should help. I was applying the cream till after confinement.

Yes newborn puts on weight very fast. I suppose u r bf him? If not, won't be pressing on your wound. How about trying other bf position such as lying down position instead of the cradle hold position? I used football hold initially, then gave up as need to support his head using my hand & my hand not able to support for too long (too heavy liao).

Alternatively, u can use a pillow to support his weight so that he does not press directly on your wound?

Eunice

Packing for 2 kids when going out. Hmm... My fren was telling me going out with her 3 yrs old gal & 4 mth old son is like bringing out an army for battle. Ha...
happy.gif

Hi...

I am new here, just found out that i am 2mth pregnant already. Visitied Dr Adrian at CCK, paid for the $550 package as well....

For time being, i am still working and living as usual..expect, i am feeling very tired nowadays...everyday also lacked of sleep...esp after lunch... Haha!

This is my 1st baby..so kind of looking forward to...feel free to drop by any comments here, i got a lot to learn from you all... hahah

Athen: yup my ger still there but i jz started her on half day on 17 Sept only... So far so good la.. :p She will sleep at home loh and maid will feed her proper dinner before I come home... Imagine last time my girl has no proper dinner and only 5.30pm milk time. And I have to rush home to fetch her and no time to cook/buy dinner else late. And she is owaz the last gal to leave.. sobx...

I noe YT CC has but abit far for maid to travel leh... No direct bus oso.. faint...

Hi Von, welcome and congrats... which part of CCk you staying?? :p

Eunice: y u on 1 mth paid leave??? :p

Athen

Yes. Dr Adrian has given me a cream to apply on the wound. Will let him know if it continue to hurt so much. Ya lor. Will try out your suggestion and see how. Thanks!
happy.gif

Ling,

I also have to rush to pick him up from CC. Usually get there between 6.30 - 6.45pm. Then got to rush home to prepare dinner. I bought Thermos cook pot. So I prepare soup ingredient the night b4. The next morning, boil water, throw in all the ingredients & let it boil for 5 mins, then put the inner pot into the outer pot. The soup will continue to cook by itself. No need gas or electricity. By the time I get home, only need to cook the rice & boil veg.

So how do you ensure your maid is doing her job? No one to supervise her rite?

Pigpig,

No worries. Hope your wound will get better.

Ling..

Yap..July i was on 1mth paid leave...company benefit for those who works at least 3years..but i seems to be the last batch to enjoy liao...so this year,i work like 9mths nia...
hehe

Athen,

me also sort of rushing home everyday to pick my gal from cc..but i heng lah,cc only next blk...but nowadays i'm soo lazy to cook,so end up tabao lor..than she eat wat we eat...than my mum off day than she cook for us..tat's like twice a week lor...

Icebaby..
how you feeling now??
bought alot of things??

Vonvon..

Welcome!!
Just drop any queries you have & we all will try to assist to clarify for you lor..

happy.gif

Hi All...

Good Morning!!!!
I am staying at Goodview garden, so just take MRT (1 stop) to the clinic..
I went to see Dr Adrian yday, as usual the clinic is packed with mummies.. I was down with serious cough and have been coughing for 1 week already...it became serious since then.. Dr adrian gave me some cough syrup and antibotic. Today slightly better..

Did a scan yday, my little little baby is growing by a bit, hehe! so miracle...

By the way, i have not decide who will look after bb when i have to return to work after the materity leave...it is such a trouble..both mum and mother-in law are working...thought of getting a maid but feel that it wouldn't be safe to leave bb and the maid at home in the day time..so maybe shall get my nanny to look after bb.....

by the way, during early pregnancy like me...what food must i take more and what food must i avoid...?

happy.gif

Eunice20,

Me fine. But Taipei isn't a place i will go back too...cos maybe preggy...food appetite sucks big time. Alot of food there make me feel sick. =(

Feeling tired..very tired these days. Maybe cos now older so this pregnancy tiring me out. Plus I put on quite a bit during my trip although I didn't eat much and tummy is showing already. It's only less than 2 mths. Sigh.

Actually I peifu those who have the ability to pick their kids up and even make dinner. For me, I lucky...FIL pick my younger son from CC. Maid cooks for them.

Vonvon..
Yap..amazing to see your bb has grown right...
do take care & drink more warm water,make your thoat feels better..

Food ar...for chinese,normally we believe in avoiding cooling food lor..like coconut is out except the last month,liang teh is out,pineapple is out(at least for the 1st trimester)..other than that i eat everything leh..even sashimi i also take(coz to me is that i dun eat the WHOLE fish mah)than i also order ramen etc to eat together lor...
most important is to eat what you feel like eating,coz my mummy say it's actually bb who want to eat & by doing so,bb than will put on weight & grow well..
MOst important is take your vitamins & also try to drink more milk for the calcuim lor...
Your suitation similar to mine,my mummy working,i got no in laws...so previously i engaged a bbsitter to look after my gal till 17mths than i send her to cc..tat time was like i send my gal to bbsitter's place everyday & bring her back everyday..more tiring but i dun wan to miss out on the important moments of my gal's growing up mah...

Icebaby..
ya lor..last time i use to cook coz i wan my gal to have some homecooked food..but now super lazy liao..hehe..
but still have to send her to cc & pick her up myself lor..

vonvon: i was there ytd oso @ 7plus.. wat time u there?? maybe we bump into each other leh.. hehe

My baby is 2.4kg now... by birth should be ard 3kg :D Did my Strep B test ytd oso... Eunice, u did tis test bo??

Athen: erm.. base on instinct la, think she is fine... I hv no intention to put my gal at home one but tink my maid really bored, whole day at home nothing much to do... If I am her, I sure "qixiao" oso, cramp at home... so after 2 weeks, i try to put my girl at home lo... today actually the 5th day... ok la but now settle maid's boredom but worry about my girl's enjoyment... Whether my girl bored anot la anot home etc.. faint.. I tink i tink too much... ops...

Eunice: what?? after working 3 years have 1 mth paid leave at home?? can change for cash anot?? hehe then u will go on maternity leave for another 3mths isit?? shiok ah u...

Ling..

bo leh..i never do strep B test leh..
any additional charge??
I even forgot to ask Adrian on my placenta position..but lucky tue is my appointment liao...

Yap..every 3 years service we are given 1 mth paid leave lor..than just nice tat time July i start to seng my gal to cc so just nice,no need take additional leave to monitor her..but think they stopped this benefit liao..
Nah...cannot exchage for $$...either you go on leave or you wanna come back during your leave it's your own choice lor..
than still got my 3 mths maternity leave lor..so end up this year work like 8mths out of 12mths nia...
hehe

Eunice: I was seeing so much on the Strep B tingie so I asked Adrian ytd... He say optional la.. so I request then do lo.. He hor, everything oso optional and not impt.. faint.. :p

Then I query the nurse why Adrian dont hear baby heartbeat (cos my last gynae does that mah) then she say Adrian tinks its "optional" again.. faint.. if wan, can ask him for it... aiyo...

So alot of things he nvr say out.. I even ask him on the water level in my womb mah, for the baby.. jz to rest assure everything ok.. Ask him if will deliver early, he oso no comments.. hehe

Ling,

He is like that. If really a problem, then he will say. If water level low, he will monitor closely. My fren was monitored closely by him as she got low water level during later stage.

If he said no problem, then be assured that there is no major problem. He does not want us to worry unneccsarily.

haha...

coz maybe to him..later say too much we think too much bah...

but when i had my gal till now my 2nd wan..in last trimester i will keep asking him on my water level..than since my gal & current wan gap not so big,so he know me quite well..can still ask me any Q..than ans himself than it's my 2nd time round so dun have right..
hehe...
ask for bb heartbeat..think to him from monitor see beating he can roughly tell normal anot..no need special machine to listen mah...

Ling..
so as to say..if i ask him to do the strep B no need pay ar??
but on my last checkup..he was the wan who auto tell me he feel bb will be early....

Just went to see Dr Adrian Woodsworth, saw baby in scan liao. Happy...saw the water bag, then a sac n blinking dot. hahaha. Ask him how many weeks liao..he say abt 5 weeks.
Two weeks back when see him..didn't see a single thing. Not even waterbag.

Now my tummy big big. Since my last visit, I put on 1kg+ (w/o dinner) liao leh. This time tummy expanding very fast and also feeling more uncomfortable. Each time after eat, feel like gastric...or hungry still. Or else eat half way, dun want to eat. Terrible feeling leh. Last time also never experience this. =(

Hmmm..also they deducted the first payment which was $125 for the first check up from the $550 package. =)

icebaby

Glad to hear everything is going well.

Hmm... Feeling like gastric? Does it feel like u have lots of air in the tummy? If yes, very normal. If too uncomfortable let Dr know. He'll give u some medication. The last time he gave me medication to reduce the bloatedness. Jus let him know if u r unwell. He'll give generous MC. Jus a normal flu, he'll give 2 days. Ha....

athen,

Thanks...I finally disclose to my parents and in-laws abt the pregnancy yesterday. My MIL hor...haiz...made some comments that got me "looking up in the sky"...thank god it was because celebrating my b'day and my parents were there. So they sorta helped by saying good to have more grandkids. =P

Might take MC from him only when needed...which is pretty tough now also. Cos I dun think I want to risk losing my job by taking MC at the moment. =)

icebaby...

aiya..no need put what they say into heart lah...sometimes words from those elders etc are beri harsh,treat as sing song lor...
as long as i know what i'm doing & you & habby are prepare for the future than ok lor...

Ling,
haa.. ya.. it's like that.. when walk too fast, tummy will get harden n pain.. do u wear the maternity belt? will it help?
i haven't pack my bag, haven't wash bb stuffs yet..

Vonvon,
congrats on ur preg
happy.gif

Icebaby,
good to hear everything's fine..
happy.gif

Eunice: no need to pay?? wait long long :p must pay wor.. $40 isit?? i forget..

Ladies, remember to accumulate your receipts up to $450 to claim when you are admitted to hospital to deliver ok! :D

I have started washing baby stuff, past down from my girl.. mostly pink pink colour.. hehe yet to set up playpen and pack my barang barang to hospital...

Eufrasia: nvr use maternity belt leh... duno it helps anot.. hehe.. next preggie i try then tell u HAHA

Recently sometimes feel abit mensus cramp like tat.. will u gals feel that.. tummy tight tight oso loh.. sigh.. forget how is contractions like already... hehe

Ling...

hehe...thought also include mah..coz with my gal i dun remember doing tat...by my fren's wife under Dr Lawrence Ang package,it's include mah..
:p

Anyway...no need accumulate receipts lah..just remember to bring all the receipts that the nurse has give you upon addmission..unsure which to submit than pass whole file to the counter nurse lor..they will know....

than i more kaisu...already wash all bb clothes etc liao..now only waiting see my prince decide when to join us lor..

But sian..3rd week Oct need to shift office...

Me recently only keep feeling urgent need to go toilet..beri often..think bcoz of the pressure bah...

Just went for checkup last evening..
no soo good news...
Adrian say that he feel bb might be abit small..coz 2 weeks ago checkup bb was at 2.1-2.2kg..but yesterday was 2.3kg nia...so he want me to go down to TMC to do a scan to check bb blood flow...
if he find or see anything unusual..than he will want me to deliver at 37weeks,which is end of next week...
so till now..just wait for thur scan & results...

Eunice... dun worry everything will be fine... Let us noe the outcome ok... If he wans u to deliver on wk 37, will it be a c section then??

Eunice
Not too worry so much. Baby's weigh can increase very fast during this stage. Last time i was told my bb only weigh 2.5kg as compared to 2.4 kg two weeks ago. One week later, it shot up to 2.8 kg. Try to eat more if you can.

Hi All.....

Me just went to see Dr Woodworth last nite with regards to my blood test where i took last monday..he say that i am low blood and he took my hubby blood test too (to see if both of us were low blood)....i kinda of worry..anyone know what impact to the baby if i am low blood..?

Other than that..the baby is doing fine...saw the scan picture, omigod..it is so tiny....
happy.gif

My morning sickness went off already, it has been 1 week where no morning sickness come looking for me..haha no need to say good morning to my toliet bowl liao....

Dear all...

Yesterday morning went to TMC for the growth scan..results came back ok..but Adrian want me to deliver next week...lastest by 7th Oct...early is either 5th or 6th Oct....coz Adrian find that since bb not growing inside me,might as well let him come out early,feed milk will grow mah...
So now exact induce date is pending till tue checkup....

vonvon,

forgot to congrates u. Do u know arga when ur EDD?
I asked Dr Woodworths, he say mine due somewhere mid-May...I suppose urs around there or earlier?

I saw my scan the other day...he called it the "blinking dot". cos so small...but at least saw the sac.

So fast morning sickness went off. So far I dun have...except occassionally want to vomit (but never lah). Then bloatness..etc. But my cravings for food is very strong...and if I dun get what i want...end up..dun feel like eating what i have infront of me. Either that, or some meals eat little bit. But I get very hungry very fast. 2months i already put on 3kg. =P The nurse can laugh when I say OMG after I weigh myself. =P

Hi Eunice,

Glad to hear that things are fine. I know some bbs are like that growth may slow down or increase very fast during the final stage. So try to eat more now. Keep us up dated. ok?

i have qn to ask...
i went to see dr adrian yesterday. but the last 2 visit (including yesterday) he nvr tell me when edd, only measure the CRL.. but i heard some already measure by weight??? btw i shd be in my 19 weeks. are u all the same when 19 weeks?

Hi cheryl,

EDD you can ask him..normally is based on the very 1st scan or detailed scanning...the weight of the bb is only after the 5th mth detailed scanning scans..than will show...

Hi Eunice

I can understand how you are feeling now. It's like very sudden, right? Imagine when I went to see Dr Adrian on a Fri and was adviced to deliver by the following Wed. Was so shocked and looked at him with my eyes big big. Since Dr Adrian is a professional, he knows what is the best for you and bb. Just trust him hor. Both you and bb will be all right.

pig pig...

ya lor...shock was not really bcoz wants me to deliver next week..but that bb is so called not gaining much weight coz my appretite etc was all ok...so dunno wat went wrong...

Now is just praying tat bb lungs will be ok,can breath by himself & can suck lor...
As long bb born healthy i'm happy liao...

Than time why you had to deliver early?at how many weeks??

Eunice
Even though my bb did manage to gain some weight (cos I had a lot of ice-cream for a week) in the end but bb was in a breech position *sigh*. Dr Adrian said there's no way that bb is going to turn as it is already approaching 38 week and has to do a c-sect. True enough, on that day when I delivered, bb was still head-up.

Hi Eunice
Your bb is going to be all right otherwise Dr will not let you wait till 5 Oct. Dr Adrian told me before only when a mother is happy, bb will be happy too. Don't think so much about it hor. In the meanwhile, you should get ready all the bb stuffs and finish up whatever last minute shopping you need to do.

Went for check-up this afternoon. Dr Adrian teased me that i could be pregnant again and did a scan for me (he even suggested doing a urine test). Me so surprised! How can this be possible cos my bb is only 5 wks+ leh. Luckily, the scan didn't show anything *phew*. How to cope if i really pregnant within such a short time??? Looking after the bb alone already gave me a lot of headache liao.

hi all

Finally i deliverd on 16 Sept after 12hrs of labor and in pain although i used up 4units of epidural!! Suspected that the epi was not administered well, with every contraction, i still feel alot of pain. Finally at 10cm dilated, baby's head not low enough for me to push out, and according to woody, my pelvic not big enough to accomodate bb's head @ 34cm. Thereafter, had to do emergency c-sec! At this point, i don't trust epi liao, straight away asked for GA!

Now 13days since my C-sec, wound still hurt leh, wonder how long will it take for complete healing?

Congrats TinyVoice...
but after seeing baby,you find it's all worth it right....
When i deliver my gal,i told Adrian & the nurses that epidural is my last last choice...so i never opt lor..
hehe...

Heard from my fren tat c-sect normally abt 1mth bah...but some of them bb already like 10mths etc still feel occ abit pain etc....

TinyVoice,

Congrates to your newborn.

Gals,

Will be seeing Woody today. Having bad sore throat and insufficient sleep. Hope he gives me MC.

Halo...Good Morning to all.......

Tinyvoice ~ Congrats to your new born baby..must take good care of yourself wo....

I will be expecting Dr Woodworth to call me and tell me more on me & hubby blood test report.

Same here, my craving is there..everytime, esp weekend, i will wake up early, rush my hubby to wake up also, then drive to Macdonald for BIG breakfast...the supper, i sudden crave for Mee Pok (with fishball - must), hahaha....

Sometimes, will control the craving, sometime cannot tahan so i go and get myself....imagine yesterday, i crave for Laska..so me went to get laska and after eating..the feeling is..Shoick lor, hahaha..

Ice baby ~ I am earlier than you, my estimated due date should be on 22 April 08..haha...

So long me not online.. :p

Tinyvoice: congrats congrats... my first baby hor, epidural ok leh.. After hearing so many stories on epidural not working I oso scare.. But I wana look for the same doc that did the injection for me.. hopefully can.. :p

How is your maid coping with the NB??

Eunice: so u decided on a date yet??

Ahxue: tink btr not do anyting to your hair...

Ling...

well..date is up to Adrian to advise lor...highly is 7th Oct..unless tomoro evening checkup show water reduce liao..than will be fri or sat...

Ahxue..
When i was having my gal,I did rebonding when i was like 2-3mths preggy..coz tat time didn't know i was preggy....but after tat i did inform Adrian also..just to be on the safe side,it's better not to do anything to your hair,coz we won't know wat will or will not get into the blood & to baby...

Back