Agape Little Uni @ Serangoon

If they really reduce that facility, I will withdraw my son, no point paying higher price if they are no different from My 1st Skool

hmmm... the reduce of space to accommodate for more kids is common yah>> happen to Kallang one too... Kallang used to have to big space for their meals and concerts kinda performance... then in order to make more monies, the space is reduced... a room is made... for the infant>> they called it as for mobile infant...

so now its so crampy when they have celebrations/ gathering for WHOLE kallang ctr... no so called "stage" for the kids to perform lor... what a disappointment....

now m kids are @ cecil, it has the so called theme based room, like maths, science, chinese, letterlands sorta... hope they'll not convert to make way for more kids... sigh...

the eng Tr for my gal, then N2 class had been changing hor.... @ least 3 in less than 6M kinda period lor....

Hi mummies!

Any comment on the agape @ Cecil? Intending to enrol my son there when he's 18 mths.

How's the curriculum and teachers? Is it worth the $$?

Thanks!!

hi mommies,
do any of you rmb if we are suppose to get a monthly report/write-up regarding the progress/development of our child?

Hi Leereiner,

I remember Cecil's branch fees are very ex! I enquired before N1 fees onwards are $1300 before subsidy? so if they make until so cramp, what's the point of paying such exhorbitant fees?

Iggy,
I didn't get any monthly report in Dec and Jan. I only got weekly updates via email and those pasted on the walls. But can you imagine N2 last update was on 7-Jan? after that, nothing! I feedbacked this on the survey form, hopefully will get an answer.

The N2 teacher finally left after 2 months of instantenous MC. No English teacher at the moment and replacement coming next week. really terrible.

hi bbwow,

ya the fee is very exp @ cecil side. but kallang is given a specical price to tfr to cecil side... but the fee is subj to 7% gst lah

bbwow,
N1's was on 19jan until today! weekly issues supposed to be like every week rite??
I will bring this up when i see the p.

what they say & what they give is really poles apart. i'm really disappointed wz agape serangoon!

btw hv you heard of "schoolhouse by the garden" juz down the road at phillips ave?
was considering this cc before signing wz agape.
their curriculum is very good, the teachers there are mostly singaporeans too.

iggy,

oh..didn't hear of that. Is it those landed house? there's a new agape at sin ming. am considering if should transfer my son there.

bbwow,
have you visited the sin ming agape? r the curriculum & environment ok?

not sure about the sin ming one but i know the tampines one is under the same directors. thik the management & staff of the cc is very important!

bbwow,
last thur/fri i drop off my son abit late, about 9.20am saw shahitha taking on n2 in their classroom upstairs.
did they cfm when the new teacher is coming in?

iggy,

thanks for helping to keep a lookout! :D yea. Teacher Leela has officially left. the new teacher was supposed to come in last week but due to custom clearance reason, she can only come in Mar so Sha is stand-in for the moment.

Iggy,

yes I've got the email. Although I heard from another mummy that it's 3 confirmed case from PG. Not sure where she got the news from.

Dear mummies,
Yesterday I heard the P left last fri. My husband also found that they now have 3 classes for N1. My son lose his smile these few days n refuse to go to school. I'm not sure how bad are things. What's more irritate me is the closure on Monday for teachers planning n re-arrange classroom for new semester. This is at the expense of my childcare leave, how many days can a FTWM afford when cc is close! Be it administrative or spreading disease!

Hi Rachel,

Are you sure P left?! This wasn't told to us!

actually, with regards to the cc closure, there is a standard 5 days off spread across the year as it's part of MCYS/MOM law. Forgot which law. but that can't be help. That's why govt give us the 6 days childcare leave.

Hi Rachel,
I thought N1 now has 2 classes of about 12 kids each?
There's only T Cris & T Angel, how to split into 3 classes?
Cfm the P has left this cc?

bbwow,
saw the N2 going up to their class yesterday when i drop off my son.
their english teacher is here? observed one that looks & sounded like the english teacher.

Hi mummies,

It is indeed that P has left. And till today there wasn't
any notification to us. Or maybe they have not found the
Replacement yet.

Iggy,
Yes the new teacher is teacher Amy who is a local Chinese.
The shocking thing was P told us the teacher is going to be
a fliipino. What happened to her was anyone's guess. And
again nothing was informed to us. What's worse is t Amy is on half day duty. Means she only teach half day due to other
unknown commitments. Again, we only heard thru word of mouth from other mummies. I feedbacked to T Amy on the weekly updates and till today it's still 7 Jan update!! It's so pointless to paste it up.

Rachel,
Have u found the replacement school for yr kid? Mind sharing? Thanks

Hi Bbwow,
I m arranging my boy for 2 days trial at Genius Hive Cecil Street. Visited them sometime in Nov/dec, quite impress with the director, she is someone really devoted to early edu for kids, the cc also make space for kids activities, lids would move around classrooms with water bottle based on subject. Classroom is design to hav partition so that kids concentrate. This is what Agape can not offer, my boy got distracted last week by K1's teeth brushing activity, the next day crying to bring toothbrush while I was driving, faint!

Also, I chk b4 abt the uniform n bed, they advise parent not to pay till the kids settle down. I find this is very reasonable. This cc employ only PRC teacher for Chinese lesson n the director is strict in teacher selection. The P has 20yrs experience in childhood edu. Overall this is the best cc from all my viewings. The only obstacle now is the distance which mu hub is object although I am working near Cecil st.

hihi iggy,

how's things going?

I haven't met the new P yet. FYI. the chinese teacher for N2 also left but they replaced quite quickly with a new teacher but no introduction of her to us tho.

btw, I heard from the teacher in N2 that there will be a meet the parents session but haven't heard of anything so far. are you aware?

Hi bbwow!
Things are getting quite messy, was thinking to change school. As parents, we should be kept updated but seems like we duno what's going-on at all! Let's see if this P can improve stuff.

Ya, my PTA session is on 14jun 1330.
Maybe they r going by levels, N1 lst then N2. Better check with the teacher-in-charge for yr son's class. otherwise later all the good slots will be taken up.

Are you also going on the Zoo trip this 17Jun?

Hi Iggy,

I think this thread is only active with you and me. hahaha. I just called a call yesterday to have the MTP tihs Sat. So rush but luckily it's on a weekend.

I have not heard anything about zoo trip. Does it involve all classes? would love to go. have emailed Sha to check.

bbwow,
hahaaa...think if other parents know of this thread, more will join in!

When you have the MTP, better feedback to them regarding all the concerns you have. After going thru yr son's progress of cos.

Not sure who's is going for the zoo, have heard fr N1 teacher since end May then monday got the Consent Form.
It's for 17jun, 8.30am-12.30pm @ $25 for child/parent each. Include bus ride, admission ticket & kfc meal.

btw, is yr son in the Act3 Speech & Drama enrichment?
there is a short skit this afternoon, 1st batch at 3.45pm & 2nd batch at 4.45pm.
i'm going for the 3.45pm one, if u going can finally meet u!
will forward you the email if you want, can go even yr son not attending (if u intent to enrol him lah).

hey iggy thanks. seems like N1 more happening than N2. haha. I didn't sign J to speech and drama. In fact, haven't sign him up on any enrichment in school. I prefer to 'see' my child to enrichment classes conducted outside.

btw rachel if you're still reading the thread. hope your boy is adapting well in the new school!

re: chinese teacher, N2 recently change their chinese teacher to malaysian. I'm a little disturbed by her background. Have tried to converse with her a few times and she is always stuttering so wonder how she can teacher our kids well. Have emailed Sha to ask more info about the teacher.

just checked with Ms Sha. N2 class will be going to Botanic Gardens/Bird Park/Dairy Farm the following week but pending confirmation. How I wish we can go to the Zoo!!

can suggest for next trip go to the zoo.
anyway I think bird park & dairy farm is good but what to do at botanic gardens?

hope they come out with the details soon, thik most parents need to take leave if going with kids.

hihi!

my session was quite mild. The teachers needed me to ask questions to initiate conversation. apparently, N2 introduce homework like some of the other cc do. The worst part was the Chinese teacher who told me she didn't believe that 4 yr old kid need to study now as she feel they're still young. I'm suspecting it's her excuse to avoid any responsibility. I forgot to ask about the new P.
Overall, it was an ok session. The teacher didn't give any advise on my son's strong or weak points and how to further develop from there.
hope your session went well

bbwow,
my session yesterday was good.
both english & chinese teachers went thru his workbooks & various crafts/drawings/paintings to demo on his progress.
also talked about his mental & emotional developments & which areas to improve on.

for me, overall it was informative & allows both teachers & us a much needed chance to see how we can guide my son further along.

Update you on the zoo trip next week!

Hi, i wonder if anyone is still checking on this thread.

I went to Agape open house last sat, looking to enroll my DD to the PG group by the end of the year.

Do mummies recommend this centre?

I went to visit alot of CC around Kovan area and find this CC having the best facilities and teachers. But I'm worry that being in an enclosed room for the whole day will cause my gal to fall sick very often.

Hey iggy,

did you go for the teacher's appreciation performance? Missed catching you again.
happy.gif

hi mush,
Your DD will still be in PG next year or move to N1? facilities wise, they are new so naturally it gives a better feeling. but overall, you need to have a word with the teachers to see if you like them. personally, I'm not very satisified with my kids N2 teachers as they have switched teachers 3 times in less than a year! I am hoping things will be better when my kid moves to K1 next year. At least the K1 teachers have been around for some time.
re in enclosed area, it depends on whether your preference. my son sweats alot and have sensitive skin so I'm actually more concern if he's in a CC with fan only. And also those void decks CC use common HDB playground which is more exposed to germs than internal playground. these are some of the factors I consider for my child. hope it helps!

thanks bbwow,
DD is coming to 16mths now, so thinking of getting her in by the end of the year or early next year.
I went to their open house last week end. but according to the VP, the staff turnout is lower compared to the other CC. so what she say is not true?
Read from the other thread that other agape cc dont follow the stated menu, always serve rice and there are alot of additional charges.

Hi bbwow,
yes i went! forgot to check wz you beforehand :p
Think your session was after ours N1.
How did it go? managed to have a good talk wz the teachers & understand more of your son's class? Did you went to check out his classroom too?

btw, did you know the latest P is gone too?
left in july, just 1 month!

their admin is worse than ever, follow-ups on missed enrichments or any updates on anything!!

anyway, i have enrolled in another cc, waiting for vacancy.

hi iggy!

I didn't know that! gosh. btw, care to share which cc? I have also put myself on waiting list on another cc too.

mush,
the staff turn-rate is lower cause the school is new. less than 2 years old. I know the rest of the N1, K1, K2 teachers didn't leave but not sure about their teaching experience. N2 teachers changed 3 times in less than 1 year. Principle also change 2 times already.

bbwow,
It's School House by the Garden @ philips ave.
Which is yours?

you might be interested to know that both the cook & cleaner have also left since august.

mush,
Perhas you might want to ask them how is a cc being run without a Principal?

Teacher:student ratio is another area to take note since PG will require more attention compared to N2 onwards.

Hi Iggy n Bbwow,
Browsing this thread again n just to share reason of withdrawal. I view the turnover n administration problems largely due to management attitude. N1 teachers not much change bcos they are bound by contracts which I had the talk with one of the teachers. Once their contracts end in 2 Yrs time, most likely they'll b leaving coz the treatment not good.

Personal experience, there was few days my son not given medication. When I found the syringe n cough syrup untouched, medical record not signed, I question the N1 philipine teacher. Without chkg n thinking at all, her immediate response is she personally ensure all kids are given medication. When I brought up to the parent liason officer, her response is they hav given medication to my son n they can not stop parents mixing up the medication records. Too bad they met an observer like me which I m very sure medication is not given. This just show how mgt pushing away the responsibility.
I knew that the director's kid also in this cc n she always around when I picked my son. Strangely she never show up to greet or chat wif parents yet employ a parent liaison Malay lady who only worked few hours a day in that cc?

Hi im new here but just sharing abt agape serangoon. Honestly, i dun encourage parents to enrol their chn there s turnover of tchs very bad. I hears that 3 tchs will be resiging by dec... So oni left with the contract tchs. There must be something wrong w the management or sumthing. No point paying such x sch fees n not getting quality tchs to educate our children.

hey iggy. glad to hear from you. I have also signed my kid with another CC. Will be sending the withdrawal mid this month. Btw, where did you get the withdrawal form?

hi bbwow,
Which cc?

Can get the form from Shah.
I emailed her to inform about the withdrawal & she forward the form.
I can forward you though, pm me your email.

Not sure if you are aware they dun do pro-rate.
If you send in mid-nov you have to finish out dec, meaning last day is 31dec.

Hi Iggy,

It's ok. I'll get from Sha. Thanks.

Yes. I'm aware that notice is 1st day of the month. I intend to withdraw end Dec so just giving earlier notice. Btw, did you receive the class photos? Or do you intend to get from them? It seems like no news at all!

Back