Advise on SO-IUI vs IVF?

Oh wow! 30m sperm is really alot!
If im nt wrong, mine is 8m sperm the most lei.. Wat a big difference!

The HCG jab abit pain yah?

Ya lor.. No choice.. So its another gyne who did it for u?

on my way home now. eating carrot cake to reward myself hahaha....

I got take 1week off to rest at home even though I'm not ivf route (ivf for 2weeks mc)

nope a medical officer did it for me young, female n she was coughing!

HCG like a giant ant bite, I looked away. but u will feel bloated after that & pass alot of gas

Ahahah... Yah.. must reward ourselves after the discomfort we bear thruout.. Heehee...

Oh wow! Tats long! Are u issued for MC today?

Oh my goodness.. Got virus anotz? She did not wear mask?

Ya.. My leg almost turn jelly.. Ahaahha... Abit numb... I alr felt very bloated b4 my HCG jab.. Coz i had 5 jab of Gonal F.. Really discomfort..
sad.gif

ya today & tomor got MC, I asked for 2 days so that no need to go back work tomor (fri)

Don't know la .. got 2 other ladies also nxt to me doing iui .. we all lined up like firing squad (of course with the sheet seperator) for doc to come & inject the sperms.

then after HSG shot can't eat beans / cabbage hor cos these foods cause more gas. I felt quite gasy till couldn't sleep well at night cos i can't lie on my side.

ask u hor .. did the spermies leak out after yr iui ?? cos i checked n don't hv leakage (i put pad cos I don't like the slimy feeling)

I googled & the normal sperm count is anything above 20million.

Oh... Tat's good.. So u gt long weekend to rest
happy.gif
Do take many egg white orhz.. Are u on any medication?

Ahahah... Really ar.. Can yur husband stay by yur side? Btw, did they scan to see yur uterus?

Ahahah.. No gasy feeling for me though.. But just very bloated like will burst anytime.. Heehee.. And pain lor.. Perhaps coz my follicles bah...

No lei.. No leakage.. Are u given rest after the IUI?

Oh really ar?! My goodness..!! I go back double confirm mine.. My gyne say the DS count very good worz...

Nope not on any medications at all. Ok will continue with the egg whites

No lei ... husbands are asked to stay outside. Nope no more scans of inside. abt 10 mins rest for us after iui was done.

Ooo.. Tat's gd.. I had 2 kinds of medicine after my IUI.

Wow.. Like tt very scared nei.. My husband is beside me for my 2 IUI.. So do u need to have half full bladder?

Hmmm... How do u feel?

really ... maybe that's why yr 2 iui is expensive .. the 1.7K price is an est .. might be more or lesser depending on e meds u get ...

Think my this iui not $1K yet ... haven't added up all the receipt

feeling normal .. except maybe i lie down too much .. like got groggy head now

White lilies,

Most likely I will be getting DS. I emailed some of my doubts to cryobank regarding how many times can one donor donate his sperm etc, but yet to receive their reply. As I saw one donor profile is dated back in 2002 but his quantity vial today is still a lot. I wonder if one can be a regular donor, if the bank does not keep its registry record (optional for sibilings registry), and with limited asian donor...there might be a chance of incests...my fear.

I have also shortlisted few, 1st choice has its origins from China, second is one from Hong Kong (JJ, dun noe if its the same as yours)...

Anyway, not many good commercial banks around, local also no good quality...left with no choice. Do you gers have the intention to reveal to your child in future???

I dun noe if I am worrying too much...

Hi Sam,

Yur hubby also zero sperm count?
Rem to choose the correct blood group which i think is the most impt..
happy.gif

Hmm.. Have discuss with my hubby.. Most prob we will disclose to the child when he/she start own family. I guess that should be a more appropriate timing.. They shld be able to understand bahz...
U lei? But dun think too much now bahz...

Disclose to the child huh ... that's one aspect we haven't got a conclusion to that yet.

Think when conceive the child then decide later la ...

White lilies - want to ask u if the 1st few days after iui when u pee & wipe did u see some blood (very very light like pinkish)

Hi JJ,

Ahaha.. This is our concern lor.. When is the right time to tell the child or never... So we decide to be honest rather than the child found out him/herself... But.. hmm.. maybe might change mind ltr... Heehee

No lei.. Perhaps it hurt yur skin lor.. I bleed when i did my 2nd pap smear... Got a shock... Think should heal the next day bahz... U feel pain?

Feel no pain when peeing ...
But my sides (guess where the f-tubes are) still achy feeling though the achy feeling not so intense already.

But still achy enough to make me don't want to lie on my side when sleeping at night.

Maybe the many follicles still swollen due to the injects

Hi white lilies,

Ya. Azoospermia.
Most likely will not tell, as I believe that sometime things left not knowing will be better than knowing.

JJ, you better call the clinic to check if you dun think its normal. Might be some infection.

Hi JJ,
Have yur bleeding stop?
If still bleed, better chk wif the clinic...
I kinda had such feeling too.. But not due to the IUI procedure.. Its due to the jab that makes me very bloated and very uncomfy at my right side (ovary)...
When are u gg for yur preg test?

Hi Sam,
Initially i had the same thinking as yurs.. But my hubby wanted to disclose lor... So.. Hmm... See how first bahz... Ahahahah
Btw, hv u bought yur vials?

Hi Hi ...
Nope no more spotting (not bleeding cos its not fresh red) more like a brownish-pinkish CM.

Yup I called kkivf already. The nurse on the line said its normal cos during the IUI doc will move the equip inside & might cause minor abrasions ... Hence will come out old blood.

Hi white and JJ,

Have seen Dr Loh, will be doing my SOIUI next month. Will be ordering the vial this week or so.
A bit worried of the jabs...is it painful to jab the stomach?

Hi JJ,
Tat's good to hear.
Do u need to go to KKH to do a preg test?

Hi Sam,
How many will u be ordering?
Dun worry, its not that painful. The after effect is rather uncomfy though.
Its the HCG jab tat is more painful.

all the pain are bearable .. really like prick feeling.. that's all ...Maybe my tummy was fat hence the lesser pain.

Be sure to jab the puregon at the same timing thru-out the process

white_lilies - Did u experience super sore boobs during the last week of yr iui ?

Mine are like super sore ... never had it this sore before...

JJ: Yupz.. Mine too... Super sore 2 weeks after my IUI.. Aahah.. So i guess this is normal yah?
When u gg for preg test?

Sam: Dun worry too much on the jabs.. Its bearable.. Just get yur hubby to inject for u in the AM lor.. Heehee.. I dun hv the courage to inject myself..
happy.gif

hi white lillies - just to update u that my soiui wasn't a success. will be going straight to ivf in the mth of june

Hi Sam,
Sorry for my late reply. I ordered 6 vials as advised by my gyne lor..

Hi JJ,
Sad to hear that! Look on the bright side yah!
So fast into IVF? U not considering another rd of SO-IUI?

Yup .. i decided to go straight IVF .. at least will have embroys rather then keep eating into my DS vials ...

hi. i did my so-iui in december. sadly, it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy
sad.gif
i was so in denial after that. but now, i have decided to go ahead with my first ivf. wish me luck.

dear all,

i am supposed to do my iui this mth. however, after afew scans, it shows that my egg is not growing... so i did not do iui at all and have to start all over again in the next cycle...

Is there any way to improve the growth rate of the egg? Thanks in advance...

hi strawberry,
u might want to try acupuncture. when i did my so-iui, my egg wasn't growing either so doc told me to do puregon for another day and come back in 2 days time.
straight after that scan i went for my routine acupuncture and told my tcm doc about my egg problem. then when i came back 2 days later, doc scan and my egg have grown from 8mm to 18mm in just 2 days!
hope this helps
happy.gif

Hi, I am on my 2nd SO-IUI, hopefully it can go through... I seem to be having problems with follicle growth. 2 days ago, I had multiple follicles which I had to worry about... then today being D13, and still my follicles are only around 12mm, which was almost the same as my scan 2 days ago! I'm already having a sore belly with Gonal-F and Cetrotide jabs.... The Dr have upped the dosage to 150IU now, another scan 2 days later... Please babies groww!

I've never tried acupuncture before... more needles? :p

Hi all,
I am new here, thanks for sharing ur experience over here. Me and hubby TTC for one and half year with not susscuss. We went to see gynea in KKH and did HSG, the HSG was normal for me, then my gynea let me try with 1 cycle of Clomid and take my blood for progesterone level on my CD21 and result show that i have 2 to 2 and half egg with Clomid, unfortunately with such 2 to 2.5 eggs it doesn't make me pregnany. Then my gynea refered my to doctor Sadhanah in KK IVF Centre. And my hubby do went for semen analysis too, and result show his semen are preety healthy. So dr couldn't find out the reason for infiterlity on me an hubby. So she let me try another 3 months of Clomid again, and she prescripe my hubby with high dose of Vit-E and Vit-C. My luck was not there, after 3 months taking Clomid, nvr see any positive result.. So she suggested to go for SO-IUI with only taking Clomid alone without injection puregon. I went for my 1st scan on my CD9 and i told to have 4 folicles. But only 2 of the folicles growth in a good size. Another two growth quite slow. On my CD13, this two bigger one are size 16.5mm and 15.5mm each. So we went for our IUI this morning (CD14) .I am just came back from my 1st SO-IUI from KKH this morning. Hope this will be my 1st and the last SO-IUI.
For those that u have went tru IUI, may i know what are the precaution that need to take? May i know the "DO" and "DON'T"? Thanks!
All the best to all of us here! Our turn coming soon! Don't give up!

Nadia,

I just see your post. From my experience, the cost of doing IUI at KKH is about the same as the cost of doing it at Private hospital, such as TMC. In 2009, I went to Dr Loh & was referred to KKH IVF Centre and was briefed by the nurse on the cost of IUI. The actual cost depends heavily on how much drugs you have to take to stimulate your follicles, but it's in the range of $3k per cycle.
I eventually did my 3 IUI cycles @ TMC b/c at KK, although I would be under Dr Loh's care, he might not be the one who administer the procedures. If I specially requested him to do the procedures, I would have to pay addl $800 or so (in addition to the $3k).
At TMC, I paid around $2500 - $3000 inclusive of doctor's fee (my gynae was Dr LC Cheng).

But, of course if you're thinking to do IVF, then the cost of doing it at KKH will be so much cheaper than at private hosp because of the government subsidies.
So, i think look & ask around..nowadays, we cannot assume that govt hospital is always cheaper.

Cost aside, you probably need to consider the service as well.

I'm with TMC Dr LC Cheng too, and I can vouch for a fact that if you happen to ovulate on a sunday, or public holiday, or the date that's best for eggs harvesting happens to land on a non-working day, the doctor/ nurse/ embryologist WILL come back for you. You cannot expect that of a public hospital. Knowing how crucial the dates are, waiting another day or 2 for Monday, may cause a deterioration of egg/ womb lining condition. IMHO, we have already spent so much money on injections & medications, if we were to miss that best date for the cycle, then it just seems like a big waste. From personal experience, I had gone back for scans and IUIs on public hols and Sundays. For this, I have to give it to TMC.
happy.gif

Hi pootz,
How is ur 2nd SO-IUI? Mine, we failed.. We plan to rest for this cycle, will go for 2nd IUI next cycle.. Haiz, really feel tired, but what to do, all we need is "baby". All the best to all of u! Hope to hear ur good news!

Hi HFB (hehe, your nick too long),
I don't know yet... my 2ww ends this sat... but I'm kinda psyching myself that it would be another negative. Trying not to think too much about it... the worst part of this journey is the waiting.

Some say taking a break from IUI can strike also. Maybe no stress, no expectation, that's how it works? I'm also considering stopping for awhile after this round. *shrug*

Good luck and have fun ok? Hang in there!
happy.gif

Hi Pootz, i failed my first natural IUI last month. Very devastated
sad.gif
Cried for many days. Switch to Dr L C CHeng instead. Previously was with a gynae. Was thinking of trying SOIUI to increase the chances. But am worried about the side effects. I heard that it caused weight gain of about 5kg. Is that true?

Hi Nicole,
Don't be so depressed. The chances of IUI ain't that high, even SO-IUI, also less than 20%? Just take it that we're just trying to increase the chance, there's no guarantee in things. Try try again!
happy.gif

I did put on quite a bit of weight, but I won't attribute it to the IUI. It's more of me stopping almost all exercises when I hear my mum and in-laws starting to make comments like "exercise, jump so much, jump until cannot get pregnant lor"

Let Dr Cheng plan for you la... he should know what's best. Trust him, leave it to him. All you have to do now is to think positive, and have a happy journey! =D

Hi Pootz, its so nice to have someone to talk to who understand how I feel. Thanks alot
happy.gif
Yup am gonna entrust myself to Dr Cheng
happy.gif
Am gonna learn to be positive like u. I can be really pessimistic at times
sad.gif
Probably starting my IUI in 2 cycles time. Gonna prep myself emotionally and mentally
happy.gif

Hi

I’m new to thread.

If I specified for one doc at KKH, say Dr Loh, for the IVF program, I might not be getting him all the time? It sounds like it from the thread. Even ER and OR not by him?

Anyone knows?

Hi all, I have just completed a cycle of IVF by Dr SF Loh and now preggy for about 7 weeks.
Its true that we do not get to see Dr SF Loh often but the critical procedures like eggs retrival and embryos transfer are all done by him. Th rest of the procedures are quite standard so the nurses at the IVF centre are more than capable and experienced in handling. Hope this helps.

Hi Pandababe,
Personally I found that he only talks when necessary and always rushing during consultation. But when come to the operations he was quite caring and encouraging.
I think the reason why he was always rushing during consultation was probably because he has too many patients to see. His operation time normally starts very early in the morning, so he must always had long tiring day and many patients to handle.
This is my first ICSI done by him and very lucky to be successful. Follow up check next week.

Hi all,

I am new to this thread. May i join in this discussion?

I have PCOS, have been TTC for nearly 2 years. This month, i tried SO-IUI at KKH. It has CD15 and my biggest egg is only 14.5 (only 1 egg), the rest is between 9-10.5.

My first Puregon injection is only 50iui which lasted for 7 days, and now increased to 75iui for 5 days till now. Sometimes i wonder if the doctor is being too conservative in suggesting me the Puregon dosage to inject. However, now i just wait and see.

I hope that this round will be a success. Good luck to all who are TTC!

snow

hmmm.. hi ladies... actually i'm schdeuled for my 1st soiui in aug.. but becoz of work n hubby out of town we had postphone to this yr end...

really hope miracle can happen these few months... damn scare of the needles..
sad.gif

Hi xmassnowy,

i am doing first round of IUI now...dont worry, the self-inject needles is painless....i am sure you will be fine.

Btw, where are you doing your IUI?

snow

snow.. will be doing at KKH... under Loh SF.... might be bringing forward to Oct if hubby's schedule can fit in..

gd luck to u!!! baby dust... just know yesterday another colleague n my boss'wife are pregnant...

Special Packages for TTC ladies!

Faith Pack @ SGD$65.00 includes:
1 set of Basal Thermometer
1 tube of sperm friendly lubricant (You can choose either Pre-Seed or Conceive Plus)
25 pcs of Ovulation Prediction Kits (OPK)
5 pcs of Home Pregnancy Test Kits (HPT)

You save 15%!

Hope Pack @ SGD$55.00 includes:
1 tube of sperm friendly lubricant (You can choose either Pre-Seed or Conceive Plus)

You save 15%!

Desire Pack @ SGD$54.00 includes:
25 midstream Ovulation Prediction Kits (OPK)
5 midstream Home Pregnancy Test Kits (HPT)

You save 13%!

Belief Pack @ SGD30.50 includes:
35 pcs of Ovulation Prediction Kits (OPK)
10 pcs of Home Pregnancy Test Kits (HPT)

You save 19%!

BBDust Pack @ SGD$20.50 includes:

You save 18%!

Lucky Pack @ SGD$10.50 includes:
10 pcs of Ovulation Prediction Kits (OPK)

You save 16%!

All packages include free normal mail postage within Singapore. All products are imported from UK Leading Provider!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ala Carte Menu:
1 set of Basal Thermometer @ SGD$12.00
1 tube of sperm friendly lubricant @ SGD40.00 (Your choice of Pre-Seed or Conceive Plus)
1 pc of OPK/ HPT @ SGD0.80 (no minimum order)
1 pc of midstream OPK/ HPT @ SGD$2.07

All Ala Carte items pricing are inclusive of normal mail postage charges within Singapore.

Pre-Order for Basal Thermometer and midstream OPK/ HPT is required.

Ready stock for Pre-Seed, Conceive Plus, Ovulation Prediction Kits (OPK) and Home Pregnancy Tests (HPT) are available.

Packages will be mailed out to you the next working day once payment is received and validated.

Preferred bank transfer is POSB/ DBS. Please provide transaction reference for easier validating of payment.

For added security, you can opt for registered mail which cost an additional of SGD$2.24.

Contact me at [email protected] for any queries or orders.

Visit http://babydustshop.blogspot.com

hi, i'm new to this thread. i've just been given the diagnosis of "Unexplained infertility". My hubby and I hv gone through extensive checks with the gynae and they can't find anything wrong. We've been ttc for > 1 year and have been diligently using ovulation test kits.

Am with Dr Loh fr KKH. Has anyone gone through SO-IUI and it was successful? It seemed from this thread that in the end, just hv to proceed to IVF.

I'm getting so tired and emotional over this whole ttc thing. It's really draining me and making me all depressed which I know doesn't help in wanting to try and get pregnant.

Can anyone share their SO-IUI success stories?

Back