Advise on Baby & Maid Exps

hba,
Yah, my burmese maid is a little weird too. One moment she is fine, another moment, she would be crying and claiming to have headache. Then, asking for permission to color her hair. Took afternoon nap when she saw my baby and I slept, without even asking for permission. Etc etc..

Hope you have better luck too.

Regarding levy, my understanding is that it depends on the agreement between u and agency. For our former agency, we're liable for near 30 days levy if the maid has yet to be transferred till then.

Sarah's mom,

Good luck with your replacement too. I am now maidless since the 2 maids are not transferred out yet but I'm happy enjoying this freedom although have to do own housework lah. Haha.
happy.gif

hba6721

i agree with u.. being maidless for awhile is actualli pretty good. i was maidless for amth recently n the feeling was great.. pocket losen.. more cash.. more freedom.. no noise earli in the morning cos of them doing hsework..

hi all have not been around after i changed my filipino maid to an indo maid. My indonesia maid is a transfer case but find her quite hardworking though she is not gd in housekeeping when she first come in fact i was horrified when cleaned my kitchen it was terribly oily and my white solid table top was ruined. however after some training she is quite gd lia.

however, yesterday my mum in law complained her to my husband for not throwing the rubbish at nite and she did not sweep and mop cleanly.And my husband and mum in law started quarrelling cos my husband think my mum in law complained too much and my husband dont like to bother about maids issues. She told me about it and was quite worried so i told her it's ok roughly mop again will be fine. then i went out to buy lunch. i bought her a packet of rice with one meat and one vege instead of one meat two vege which is normally not the case as yesterday the hawkers are left with a small variety.

later when we were about to go out my husband saw that she add on some details on an advertisement which consist of two babies. on one
of the baby she wrote my girl's name beside the baby and added two moles on
the cheeks and added pony tails too. the other baby, she also added two moles and is her previous employer 's son.i was shock when i saw it.i mean she actually chou hua my daughter when i treated her very good for the past two mths i let her called her parents with my phone and buy her clothes and so on and then she acted like that yesterday which is a disappointment.

any comments about it gals? i asked her about it and she told me its just for fun and i asked her why dont you add the details and named her as your daughter. upon hearing it she put her hands on my shoulder and say she is sorry. what do you all think could it be because she is angry that i ask her to mop the floor again but i actually mop with her together.or is it due to the fact that the dishes are lesser for lunch. sign now i am worried that i had to leave my baby girl with her when i go back to work.

thanks for reading its so long winded ya but would like to hear from you all. what do you think am i being too paranoid?

matsu,
In my opinion, the best way is to have a good dialogue with her (should be done periodically). Try to learn more abt her and her thoughts. Of course, in some cases, u might not be able to get anything out from her. But just got to keep doing it and observe her closely. Warn her that if she's caught lying, or does anything funny, she will have to pack her bag and go. No advance notice.

Yr MIL is not staying with you? Or u may install CCTV which could be connected to internet? We can't leave anything to chance when baby is concerned. If she doesn't show sign of liking yr baby, or do not seem to enjoy taking care of her, u probably have to think twice of keeping her.

hi mummies..

i hv 2 tins of 900g similac stage 1 (infant formula) for sale. too many tins liao.. my bb taking similac stage 2 in a mths time. pls sms me at 91272716 if interested.

Hi Matsu,

I have an Indonesian maid she looks after my 7mth infant. I am lucky my maid treats my son well as she genuinely is a kind-hearted girl. I think a person with right attitude won't do strange things like drawing moles and naming employers' children. However unhappy they may be with work or employer, displeased feelings should never be displayed on the kid. She may draw on an advertisement to vent whatever feeling this time but you are never sure if she will land her emotion on your gal in future. Observe more carefully and change maid if necessary. Hassle to re-train is better than keeping a wolf in the house.

matsu ... ur maid seems like she has some mental problem. And she actually put her hand on your shoulder? That's weird. My maids dun do that to me.

hi all
do i need to provide her with a set of clothing when she just starts work with me? anyone provide uniform for the maid instead? thank

hi Sarah, Courage and missk
yap like sarah suggested i talked to her already she said she did it just for fun but i still think its strange. She told me that she is happy working here and she did it just for fun, its jus that she miss her family very much and she want to make herself happier. And yesterday she locked the door so i ask her to open the door and she was crying she told me she is ok its just that she misses her family. and i saw her writing a letter too seeking Allanh's help to give her patience and help to go through these two years smoothly.

I think i was good to her let her display her family photos and now she went overboard even put her daughter's photo in my kitchen and write some allah thing on a piece of papaer and put it in my kitchen.Let her call home within a month and now she give me this trouble.sign

missk, she dare to put her hand on my shoulder cause i have been very good to her. i guess i am being too lenient in the very beginning

matsu,
Hmmm...I also think your maid is strange, it seems like she is emotionally disturbed in some ways. If I were you I would send her back home as soon as possible. You have very young children at home so don't take any risks. Trust your instincts.

annlee,
I just sent back my old maid last Saturday. My new maid came on Monday night. Everything done in less than 1 week. Most things were done online, like the selection of new maid, cancellation of work permit and purchase of airticket, very convenient. My maid agency came to my house to bring the old maid to the airport on Saturday. Then they send the new maid to my house on Monday. So I don't need to run around.

My kids like the new maid and she is able to bathe and feed them. They seem to have completely forgotten about the old maid. My son has been taken care by her since birth, and used to be very attached to her. But he has not asked for her since she left.

matsu, your maid write to allah too? I realise indo maids love to write alot letters to allah.. Mine oso.Although very bad of me to peep at her dairy,but I just wanted to find out wat the hell she is tinking(Coz she alwaez ask to go out)then in the diary she is writing to allah..telling allah she misses her bf very much.Very hapi to be able to see him soon.Thanks to allah.OMG... Matsu ur maid seem very weird to me..but i must say almost all maids are weird..mine oso like to cry..can suddenly cry in front of me..n then tel me nothing.oni feel like crying...last time say her abit..she oso cry..now her skin thicken oredi..Scold her she oso wont cry and somemore can show u she is not scared of u! Ever since the incident (lovebites on her neck), I reali feel so disgusted with her but bo bian..still have to wait long before i get to choose new maid.Now she very smart..Applepolish my PIL..make them very hapi (they used to hate her alot coz she alwaez tok back to them) Now she try to save herself by treating ah gong ah ma very well..so that SIR will sayang her.True enuf.. my hb told me since she oredi in such gd terms with my PIL then mite as wel just close one eye...can u imagine..reali hopping mad!

tamarind,

I like the way u describe her as "old maid" :p Sounds funny. Hahahahhahahahaha

U mentioned that u purchased ticket online, is that on budget airline & to where ? My maid from Indo is going home for 2 wks' hoilday. I hv to source for airticket for her leh.

jamelle, matsu,
just wanted to let you know. "Allah" is the malay/arabic word for "God". wen muslims refer to "Allah", they are in fact referring to "God" and not some other person or strange/weird/scary being.

just to add... "Allah" means "God", with capital G, in arabic. Asking Allah for strength n wisdom is a common phenomenon amongst muslims, not unlike christians praying for guidance from God.

Ma22,
Haha technically speaking she is Maid 5, because I sent by 4 maids before her. Now I have Maid 6 and Maid 7 with me.

I found the cheapest ticket at
www.jetstarasia.com

But the departure is 6am, too eary. So I contacted www.airfares.com.sg, got a reasonably priced ticket from Lufthansa. I was able to do internet bank transfer, and they emailed me the E-ticket, so I didn't have to go to the travel agent at all.

Zin,
PM you already.

tam..

didnt go drink kopi har? so many maids liao.

yah.. i curious oso.. which website u go to on maids? share share le

Ya I noe allah means god. Coz we oni pray.. dun write out. And she actuali ask god for strength to do something not right!

Jo,
Don't need to drink kopi. I used Maid no. 5 for more than 2 years. My maid no. 6 is still working for me. My maid no. 7 was approved within 1 day with no problem. If MOM ask me to drink kopi, then the maid agencies I used before will be in trouble. I will blame them for giving me false information on their bio-data ! Then I will criticise MOM about their stupid rules and policies.

I used www.netmaid.com.sg, they have many maid agencies. I can view the complete bio-data and experiences online. Just remembered another one www.maidlibrary.com.sg. Enter password MTPAGC for full access.

HI tamarind,
May i know which maid agency you use? I really hated my current agent that i have to do everything myself , go pick the maid, go do everything to their place myself even i am preg n in confinement.
Thanks

tam..

oic.. i rem now. the trainers did tell me b4 that the period for us to start afresh on maid employment is 1yr.. but cant rem if from the first maid we employ or based on the last maid we employ. so anything after that means start from no 1 again

jamelle,
actually, you are right. me and my family all don't "write" to Allah, just pray to him for strength and guidance only. never really heard of anyone writing to Allah before! and if she ask God for strength to do something that is not right, then it's wrong already lah, ie. she is not a good person. where got ppl ask God to give them strength to do bad things one? and as if God will grant their wishes/desires...aiyoh...

my advice to you is to keep a close watch on her. i am always very apprehensive of ppl like these, ie. pray for bad things. that means they have ill intentions in their hearts. i wish you all the best.

hi everyone,
i talked to her again and she told me its because she knew that she had been making mistakes lately thats why she is scared and therefore cry and appear moody and i suppose then she drew moles and named my girl.
I thought i will jus believe her and continue to monitor her.

As for Allah thing ya i know its their god its jus that they are being told not to subanyan one and yet she took advantage of me cos i being nice to her so she paste her allah picture in the kitchen and then ask me if she can pusa and then later if she can surbanyan and i told her off.

And another which i found out yesterday she actually cut out newspaper article featuring a man and women behaving intimately. i ask her why since they are not artist what is the reason for that. she told me nothing she just want to keep but becos she knew i touched her things and hence she threw the paper away lia. hence i told her if i find out that she talked to bangaldesh or have boyfriend i will send her back to indonesia without even transferring her.

jamelle,
i think ur maid is too manipulative liao. my current maid is also like that. when she found out i was angry with her, she started apple polishing my mum n my mum also told me to keep her. once my mum told me that, i lost all trust in the maid. called the agent that v. day n told her the maid is definitely going. also asked the agent to keep a lookout for me. this being hari raya season, it's difficult for us to find a replacement so quickly, so u need to be resolute. ur maid is still writing to Allah to be with her bf, it can only mean that all she told u b4 abt the innocence of her relationship is a bunch of lies.

Lani,
I heard somewhere that Muslims are not supposed to display images of man or animals, only geometric shapes. Is that true ? If so how can have allah picture ?

ming_liew,
I used Gold Year at Balestier Road. I like their sending maid service which is included in their agent fee of $288. But not all their maids are good, and they will try to push other transfer maids to you, have to be firm. But then you will encounter this with other maid agencies too.

I got the same experience as you when I used Nation. Got to fetch the maid myself when I was 7 months pregnant. Furthermore have to send her back to the agency for work permit processing and bring her back ! Just hated it, especially when I paid almost $500 agency fees.

matsu,
I have given up threatening to send the maid back. At best they will ignore you. At worst they become crazy and start acting funny. Or they may put things in your food. For my maid no. 3 (filipino), when I told her to look for a new employer, she got crazy and start banging things. 1 week later I sent her back. After she left both my baby and I got high fever. I always wonder whether she purposely infected us with some virus.

Last Saturday when I sent my maid no. 5 off, I did not give her any advance warning. I told her to pack at 12 noon, and at 1pm someone from the maid agency came to bring her to the airport, only 1 hour notice. She had no time to think or plot any schemes. After I told her I watched her closely until she left the house.

tamarind,
it's true. muslims cannot worship any idols n there can be no imagery of Allah nor of the prophet.

hi mommies,
it's me again...thanks for your advice and sharing your situations too. i've been looking hard for an ifc and waiting for pneumo. job before starting trial. hopefully all these will end soon. last sat bought some clothes one of them a blouse abt 69$ all given to her with tags on to wash and she burnt one of them!! didn't know what to do, i haven't even worn it once... very heart pain as i'm bigger size so nice pieces of clothings diff to comeby... no wonder she was all nice and sweet suddenly only to tell me that my clothing got burnt..

hi annlee,
is it that simple, just buy ticket and send her to airport, cancel work permit? my agent charges me $400 perhaps I should consider your method when I send her away.

amz, if your maid is very bad that you must send her home, you can just buy the ticket and send her to airport but must cancel work permit first. Most agency do not allowed this as they might want to look for new employer for them and earn from the maid loan as compensation. My agent told me this secretly but got to bear the responsibility if the maid run away from the airport or doesn't wanna leave, although seldom happen. Better check with agency first as our contract might be different.

Amz,
I did the work permit cancellation myself online at www.mom.gov.sg, takes only 3 mins and free. I bought the airticket to Jakarta myself, costs $143. The agent only came to bring her to the airport, charged me $35, which I find reasonable since my house is in Jurong West.

The $400 your agent charges should include the airticket to Manila. Check with them whether they will come to your house and tell the maid to leave, so that you don't have to deal with anything ugly.

Like annlee said, read your agency contract to see if they require you to send the maid back to them. But every agency I have used do not require this if the maid has already fully repaid her loan.

hi everyone sorry to confuse all of you. i must correct myself its not picture only geometric shapes drawn by herself. hee :>
had talked to her and she told me she really want to work so i thought give her a chance.

sign having maids is really a headache.have to keep worrying.

hi everyone,
i'm pleased to say i sent my maid back to the agent today. feel so much happier now. :p waiting for the replacement to come in, hopefully by early nov.

matsu,
OIC.

och,
Yes having a bad maid can make our lives hell, because we face them everyday at home. Last week I felt so disturbed until my maid no. 5 left, could not wait to get rid of her.

My new maid will be arriving in one week time and I am due in one month time. I will still be working and is it safe to leave the maid at home?

What should I do? Now a bit sian to hear the arrival of the maid soon.

hi
I wish to know when does the salary and levy of the maid commences? is it the day she arrives Singapore? Thank

ANyone can advise what things to prepare for the new maid?

Hi all,
Yesterday is the first time my maid get her salary however, she ask me to hold the money for her since she dun need money and if she need to buy anything she will ask me to. Did any of your doing that? Of course to play save i ask her to sign on the paper that she ask me to keep the money for her.

Och, u sent ur maid away oredi? So u will hv to wait till puasa is over then u get to choose another one huh? Same as my case la..juz tt i cannot send my maid away at tis moment.nid her to help out with the hsework..but i reali cant wait to get rid of her..Everyone in the hse love her so much now..Now when i tel hb her actions even HB oso tink i too sensitive n he even said its beta nw since maid noe how to make PILs hapi!Reali make my blood boil..and tis stupid maid very YAYA coz she feels that she has win..givin me attitude prob but very nice to the others.esp my hb.I reali goin crazy!Reali pray very hard that there will b new maids for me to choose very very soon!

jamelle,
yup, sent my maid away oredi. hv u asked the agents to help u keep a lookout? i can empathise with how u feel. i find it very difficult to face a maid that i hv lost total trust in n when i kept being told to keep her, i get so mad. my maid tried several polishing methods. first, she told my mum how great my mum is, but found that my mum was totally unimpressed. then, she told my mum n hb how much she (the maid) "likes" me n how she loves babies n really wants to help me during confinement etc. after that, my mum n hb started telling me that i should consider keeping her, cos she is experienced, can cook, n it's so difficult to find a maid now. once i heard what it was that the maid said, i called the agent n told the agent i really need to send her away. i also asked the agent to keep a lookout for me. i interviewed a filipino a couple of wks ago, but she was unsuitable. cannot even understand the questions i asked her. this wk, the agent called to say she has an indon maid that i might want to consider. i got her biodata n picture over email, did a phone interview with the maid during lunch hour the next day, confirmed her n sent my maid away the following day. i get so pek chek to see her n her mistakes every day when i return fr work. after i last told her off, she did her housework, but she started "rationing" my food! when she cooks dinner, she reserves what she likes to eat for herself first, e.g. we cook a huge pot of chicken + fresh mushroom soup. half a chicken n 2 packets of fresh mushroom. she gives hb n myself 1 piece of chicken n 2 mushrooms! when we ask for soup refills halfway through dinner, she told us "no more". ?!?! n when my relatives bring me cake, she can finish the whole cake by herself, din even leave me a piece! hb n i dun even finish "special treats" without leaving a piece for each other, but imagine, our maid does that to us! buay tahan. maybe that's why she "likes" me, cos i buy food n she eats all of it. when i asked her what happened to the food, she shrugs n walks off. no apologies at all n she still dare to apple polish. i'm much much happier now that she is gone.

ming_liew,
My ex-maid also asked me to hold her salary for her. She asked me to help her send money back home from time to time. I just used a balance sheet to note down her salary and expenses.

Emma,
If your baby is not born yet, leaving the maid alone at home should be OK. But make sure you keep all your valuables safely locked away. Better still, locked all your bedrooms with valuables inside. Also put your house keys in an envelope and seal it, so if she goes out or let someone in, you will know. Do you have someone supervising the maid after the baby is born ? Personally I feel it is not safe to leave a baby alone with the maid at home. Especially since this is a new maid and you do not know her personality or capability.

The salary should commence the first day she arrives at your house. Not so sure about the levy. The most important thing is to write down the list of house rules and timetable for your maid. If she has not worked in Singapore before, you may have to get her some basic toiletries, since she will not have any money to buy anything.

och,
Your maid is really bold to do those things. Is she very fat since she eat so much ? One of the house rules I told my new maid is that she cannot eat anything in the house unless I give it to her.

Jamelle,
You are going back to the same agent, is it ? I was able to get a new maid (arrived in my house) just last Monday. I am sure there are maids available.

Och, I think we are experiencing the same DAMN attitude from maid and our family! My hb told me the same thing oso..that the maid noe how to do everything so pls reconsider whether i wan to send her away..He tinks i am being overly sensitive..goin against the maid! OH PLEASE for gdness sake wat hapen in the 1st plc is that she has a bf!Now that i even hv to pretend that I accept her havin a bf..she dun even appreciate my kindness and giv me attitude prob.n b so yaya..as if i wil die without her!She is reali scheming..sometimes reali feel like slapping her..now i noe y some employer will lay hand on maids..
Tamarind, yes i using back the same agent..they keepin a lookout for me but bcoz i wan a fresh maid, my agent said i have to wait till puasa period is over..duno leh..which agent u using? My agent was telling me now all agents oso facing the same prob..lack of maid.
Och, now i reali get damn pek cek at the sight of her..every morning i wake up i sure blood boil when i see her. In front of my hb she will tok nicely! BLoody hell..I reali goin crazy!

tamarind,
i told my maid what she can eat too. i've told her she has free access to bread, jam/butter, drinks, rice, n canned food in the house. even told her she could eat the eclairs i ordered fr bp if she wants. but she still went ahead n ate cake. she never touched the bread, bread is for hubby n me, cos not high class enough i think. as for dinner, i usually only scoop up the dishes for her n tell her to get herself a bowl of soup fr the pot. i dunno what bowl she uses, but there's usually no more soup in the pot halfway thru dinner. hubby n i never had more than 1 bowl.

jamelle,
if this maid is bothering u, u must must must send her away. as long as the maid is employed under ur name n u r the one who hv to train her, ur hubby's opinion is for reference only. so stay resolute! i made it a point not to discuss the maid with my mum n hb after a while, cos i'm so sick n tired of hearing them tell me to keep the maid. i call the agent every wk to check for new data. i'm now maidless, since the new maid hasn't arrived, but i think a bit of untidiness n outside food is much better than facing her every day.

there r still a small trickle of biodata coming in fr indon. if u dun need experienced maids, i think u will still be able to find some maids. the selection isn't that great though.

since u live in a big family, it might be good to take note of what ur in-laws r praising abt the apple polisher. in case ur new maid is not so good at apple polishing, u will still get nagged at n hear comparisons after the new maid arrives. whatever is reasonable abt ur in laws praise abt the apple polisher, put it into ur training plan for the next maid. that way, this maid wun haunt u even after the new maid arrives.

och,
Not high class enough ? hahaha Good that you got rid of her. My ex-maid was the opposite, give her a piece of cake, she will give away or throw it away, so ungrateful.

jamelle,
Agree with och that you should send your maid away. I went to www.netmaid.com.sg and found a maid there from Gold Year. I confirmed on Wednesday, and the following Monday I got the maid. I would not highly recommend Gold Year though, not all their maids are good, and they will try to push other transfer maids to you. But I was firm and insisted on the one I want.

My new maid is a transfer maid (Indonesian), can understand English very well and her work is OK. My previous maid also thinks that we cannot do without her. But my new maid can do the work just as well and has an even better attitude.

Back