Advise on Baby & Maid Exps

Hi
I am thinking of installing CCTV in the house as the maid and my mother cannot seem to get along. I wish to monitor what is going on during the day when I am at work at home.

nellu, seems that the maid has nothing much to do leh .. bo pien loh, she just need to hang around at home and eat snake.

emma, subscribe the mobile live cam from singtel.

hi emma, i got a cctv for sales.. still very new cos by the time the delivery came my maid aldy ran away.

hi annlee, CSI_fan and use the same agent. Joann

susany, dunno yet what to do wiz DQ, nothing good abt her.

nellu, ask her to do tis/tat in addition to d daily routine - clean fridge/gardening/clean toys & bks, re-arrg cabinets/wash shoes/curtains/polish sofas/clean carpet/clean cd/dvd & etc etc - repeat & repeat bo pien rather than they too free, go out d road to mix ard.

Hi,

Can someone please teach me how to check Maid employment history in MOM website?

Someone mention before but I can't remember where to find the article about how to check your maid's employment history.

Please help. Thanks.

Hi Albee,

go to MOM website, log on to WPOnline and you can search from there. You'll need to have either the WP number or the passport number (I think) on hand.
happy.gif
HTH...

hi,

My maid reach sg on 2 oct and started work with me on 6 oct. Can someone advise when I need to make the first payment of levy?

I have cfrmed my maid last fri. And she went for medical check up and was diagnosed with Hep B. Gonna get another new maid again. *headache*

hi CSI Fan,

thanks for your advice. But do i need to wait for a letter from cpf or mom to make payment? else how do i know which period i am paying for?

hi,
do we need to bring our maid for hep B checkup. My agent says that my maid has already been checked for hep b in her own country med checkup. The sg checkup doesn't have hep b test so i am wondering if we should still send her for the test just in case.

My relative's maid was tested positive only after she started work with her.

hi smurfy,
yours is not via GIRO? I'm not too sure then. For my case, it's via GRIO - the 17th of each month. If I remember correctly, the letter from CPF comes around then...

hi pitpalittleme,
yes, mine is via GIRO but letter states that we still need to pay before GIRO takes effect. So now i wonder if we need to take initative to make payment via AXS or wait for letter to ask us to pay.

smurfy, no need bring maid for check up if checked in their own ctry. My maid did her check up in philippines and agent got her medical report. I was told also no Hep B check up in SG too when they are hired.

hi 2ndbaby,
my local agent couldn't get the phi med report so dunno true or not that Hep B is checked. So we wondering if we should get her checked.

Maureen,
my maid from JDM too. Lousey admin service but maid so far ok (1.5 mos only tho)

Smurfy, my maid came for just about 2 mths tell me want to change employer saying my mil always shouted at her cos she is super slow and my mil is rushing to fetch my girl goes school. A few times she got so much requests. She does her work so slow until cant finished etc. Then requested buy hp. We told her nope only allowed her to call back buying phone card. Now agency told me if she still got so many request then send her back. She already work with my for about 1 yr still no improvement. I want to change her.

Recently I have just sent my elder son to childcare at home now only left my baby and my elder girl is in P1 will be back in the afternoon, and yet she still cant complete the work. I told her already if she want to work please work faster and properly. If not I can just send her back and get new maid.

She is also very dirty. Everytime squeeze the pimples and the blood stain on the mirror never clean off. Asked her what is this she said don't know. She is very good to push the blame to others too.

hi maureen,
is your maid a filipino too?

do you have alot of stuff to do at home? my maid quite free... when she finish her job she sits there to read story book or cook book (i bring her to library to borrow) or newspaper. i am ok as long as she finishes her work. She no need to cook lunch, only dinner. So far she hasn't ask for hp or off day yet. I think the agent already told her no hp and offday cos that is our criteria when we hire.

smurfy, my agent told me in phi, they can 'buy' the medical report. So I told her to get my maid check for Hep B. A fee of $30+plus to pay.

2ndbaby,
my agent suppose to get the report foc for me but didn't manage to get. If i want her to be checked again in sg, then i need to pay $80 as quoted by agent.

smurfy, I mean get my maid to check for Hep B in SG. If they are checked in phi, we dun have to pay.

Oh $80 ah, my agent told me $30plus..

Smurfy, yes the agent already told them no hp and off day. When I asked her she said her mother asked her to buy. My maid is Filipino. Mine actually can have free time too. The problem is she does it very slowly and sometimes stand or sit there or walk here and there. That why she said no time to finish.

Hi mummies,

Does anyone noe of any website where we can translate indonesian to english? I read from somewhere in this forum of a website quite sometimes ago but have forgotten to wrote it down...

<font color="ff0066"> Smurfy</font>,
For maid levy, CPF will send you a letter by end of the month to request for payment. There will also be a GIRO form. I find it easier to use GIRO and auto deduct. Or else... if late in payment, got penalty lor.

<font color="ff0066"> Maureen</font>,
Your maid sounds horrible lor. If from 2nd month till now got so much requests, I would change her liaoz. Seems like she's unhappy working for you... that's why do things slow slow... and not clean. She come out wz pattern to "force" you to change her. Somemore your BB and P1 gal is at home wz her leh... dunno wat other pattern she has been doing lor.

<font color="ff0066"> 2nd Baby</font>,
Not just the medical report they can buy back in Phil lor... even passport they can "buy" one. That's why our govt now use thumbprint... to sieve out those that come back under ficticious names.

<font color="ff0066"> Princessdella</font>,
There's pros and cons for both types of maid.

For non-experience maid:
- everything need to teach from scratch... from cooking to washing to using electrical appliances. Even simple things like how to sepaprate dark and light clothes, how to do marketing, etc... all need to teach.
- Need to give her lots of time to settle to the cultural differences. Like for them, they don't see the need to "hurry hurry, do things fast fast". Back home, they are used to do things "slowly... no rush".
- You'll need to have lots of time and patience to teach her.
- Because she's new in SG, not likely to come out wz pattern so soon... so will be more obedient at the start.

For experience maid:
- Not much "teaching" required for simple household stuffs. Most are also able to cook which will be a huge relieve if you're a working mom.
- Because they are experienced, they may come out wz all sorts of pattern from beginning like request for HP, Off-day, increase in $$$, etc.
- You'll need to be extra firm and strict right from the start or else they will take advantage of your kindness and climb on your head.

These are some of the main points I can tink of now... maybe the other mommies can share more. You can also refer to our past postings and read our individual experiences.
happy.gif

Dymples, that why now I told her I wont send her for transfer liao. Anyway she got no loan already I will send her back to Philipines. This is what is scare. Can you imagine at 8pm where nobody at home doesnt want to boil water wait until 1130pm when she wants to sleep liao then boil water clean the stove to let us see. But all too late liao. Yesterday I went to select a new maid.

Thanks Dymples and tamarind..

I actually have a maid with me now but is thinking of sending her back to the agency as we find that she's beginning to show her 'pattern'.. Despite telling her many times what to do, the way she do things is still not up to our expectations..

There are some other incidents that happen as well.. See my post here.. http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?36738/1861030

Now i dunno how to tell her that i wan to send her back cos i know she still wants to work here..

Hi Dymples,
thanks for your advice. finally received the cpf letter yst asking for payment for oct.

maureen,
Did you go back to JDM?

Smurfy I didnt go back JDM. I went to Jack Focus. I look for Joyce. There is one lady at JF whom I dont like. The way she said very ya ya.

princessdella,
I've replied u there.

If she still wants to work here, I think she shd keep her behaviour in check. Maybe also, it's a matter of "matching". Like...yuan fen, kinda thing. hehs. She doesn't suit your family etc. So, just send her back to agent...

The day I sent my #1 maid back to agent, I just told her, pack your things now. We're going to agency. I guess in my case, she did mention (whether casually or intentionally) that she wants to go back. So I just used that reasoning.

Hi mummies,

The PH maid that I have selected from JF has not signed the job offer todate despite the training centre kept calling her to travel to their office to sign. Therefore, I have decided to drop her and reselect another maid on Sat.

This reselected maid is an ex-HK with about 6 years experience(1996-2002)with 3 employers (2 years, 6 mths and the last was 3.5 years). She has childcare experience and can cook chinese food. According to her biodata, she even went to study nursing in PH after she finished her last contract in HK from 2005-2006. However, one thing that I dont understand is that with her years of ex-HK experience, her salary offered by JF is the same as those that with no experience, ie. $320 with off day and $350 with no off day.

When I asked the agent why, she told me that this maid is from their own (JF) training centre in Manila and the salary offered to their maids are the same unless they are ex-SIN.

Do you think there is something fishy about this maid that made her salary as such? Any mummies have maids that are ex-HK? Any comments about them?

Kristen, the maid I have selected at JF is $360 where she has experienced in Philipines for 4 yrs under same employer. This time round I dont want to choose someone who has high qualification, cos they show attitude. Like the maid I have now. She is undergraduate and study nursing and yet I found that she is not that hygenic too.

hi ladies,
can anyone advise me if we are liable to pay for our maid's dental treatment fee?
i saw in the MOM website that employers bear medical treatment fee, does that include dental?

does anyone know of any reasonable priced dentist that you send/might send your maid to?

Thanks!

hi mummies...

I just have to get this off my chest.

previously, hb kept nagging that the maid does not play with baby well enough. Now, he's complaining that her grammer and accent is all over the place! grrrr.... (maid's from PH). Haiz. Just yesterday I hear her tell my 11 mth old "where is the book of L?" OMG....what kind of English is that?? It should be "Where is L's book?" Haiz...while I can see that the maid has taken great efforts to step up and be more interactive with the baby, but the English is....

any ideas what I should do? Stop her from playing with baby in this manner? Wait maid feels hurt leh, like, she puts in effort to try, but end up we don't like... Tell her to improve her English? But she only has high school education, what can we expect? hahaha...

Hi Maureen,

Your maid's salary of $360 is with or without off day? I also worry that maids who are too highly educated would have high expectations and bad attitudes. The ex-HK maid that I have selected is only high school level but she took up a nursing course after she returned from HK. I wanted to interview her to ask her why she went to study nursing. Sically, she thought she can become a nurse here and use working as a maid as a stepping stone..

Hi Smurfy,

Thanks for sharing your maid's info with me. Your maid is really experienced. How is her attitude and work?

kristen_mum,
I encountered that with one of the potential maids I interviewed when searching. She studied nursing too. End up, she wanted to come here to be nurse. Thought that apply to be maid is like, as long as I can get to SG first. Reach SG then think about the next step to get into working in a hospital. So when she realised that once u come in here as a maid, chances of getting work as a nurse is lower, she pulled out her maid application (agent told us).

Then I also interviewed another one, studied environmental science (whatever that is). Same thing...idea is to come SG to work...in a hotel. But thot use job as maid as a stepping stone first. To get into the country, then look for hotel job.

So, best is to really ask her why she wanted to study nursing. I mean, it's better to understand their expectations too...then to select this maid, and later find that her expectations are not what u thought etc...

hi kristen,
So far i can get along with her. I find her attitude and work alright, can do without supervision and guidance. In fact, I don't even have a list of house hold chores to do, she will take intiative to do whatever is necessary since day 1.

however, she only have experienced in taking care of 1 kid, so she cannot handle both my kids alone. But I can understand since i also cannot handle them alone :p

CSI Fan,

I tried to contact the maid many times on her hp wanting to interview her but the line never got through. Her hp is always switched off. Even my agent also could not contact her. However, my agent informed me this morning that the supplier in PH told her that the maid said she would report to the training centre to sign the job offer today. Therefore, I can only wait till the maid reports there and then my agent would do a conference call for me to interview her.

Also, I really wonder if she would accept no off day since in HK the maids are given off on every sunday...

hi plim:

yes we hv to pay for all our maid medical expenses tt would include dental, anything related to her medical.

i dun think there is any dentist would charge maid's rate. is by normal dentist charge. why not u check with ur own dentist how much they charge for ur maid like normal cleaning? or what procedures u wan to do for ur maid.

when my indo maid just arrive within a week she has very bad toothache till even headache. so bo pian bring her see dentist. her 2 teeth so badly rotten till only left the root inside her gum. the 1st dentisit i bought her to consult quote me S$1000 cos is big molar consider surgery. lucky my own dentist managed to pull out for her without surgery, n other rotten side teeth as well. i think he nice enough to charge me S$200plus including cleaning of her other teeth. then few mths later her another teeth got the same pro again. went again cost me another S$100plus.

i did check with the insurance we got for her. dental not covered. only hospitalisation is.

hi dabee,
thanks for that... i also tot tat we hv to pay for their dental too...

i think my regular dentist charges on average $70-$80 for checkup, cleaning/polishing... i think for tooth extraction will b even higher lor... juz scared that it's wisdom tooth! and extraction (surgery) will cost a bomb!

haiz, getting a maid is like inheriting all their problems too!

Maureen,

I am also facing the same problem as you!

The 2 maids that I have selected from JF were either never report to the training centre to sign the job offer or the other one was uncontactable at all! Sigh..it is really wasting my time!! I have to reselect another maid again tomorrow (3rd one already)...really dont know what is going on!!!

Back