Advise on Baby & Maid Exps

mummytang''

This agency has many branches,,,,

I think supplier also dont care,if you choose this maid,agency just bring in as they got no lost,my maid told me that agent will bring in the maid even they are sick,as long as they can clear medical, no one cares.

hi Tamarind, huh, in tat case, my siao ting tong alw c ghosts n even in d aftn, she also scared leh, agent knew abt this case but asked me not 2 tell new employer n now she is going 2 be trsf to another employer but onli on 06 Sept. Is that okie?

mummy tang, u settle yr maid issues liao? no pt keeping a maid tat kept wanting to go home or trsf leh? coz dun no wat they wl do if we dun comply 2 their wishes lei.

cheerful747,
aiyo, ur maid really smart and can lie very well. she sure can steal and yet act well loh. so cunning leh.

pinktweet,
thanks for your info. seeing this upset me as why should we have to pay the bill when things happen. sometimes it may not be our fault leh.

alamak,
ya, the agency is not a good place to put the maids. i understand from my previous maid tat she was in the agency's home whole day and cant go out as and when they like. and they have fixed time to eat, sleep, work and bath. hence i reckon the agency home is not comfortable lah.
my replacement maid not come yet. think will have to wait til after national day. has asked my hubby to chase after the agency today. shall wait and see wat's her reply loh.

wah, your siao ting tong maid spoil so many things at your home? then you got ask her to pay? we employer have to suffer loh.
sad.gif

mummy_tang,
your current maid go back to agency liao? like wat alamak said, no point keep them since always ask for transfer. later they aso never do their work well and worse still if they later run away. or upset you with threats tat wana go home every few other days then you even more busy leh.

alamak, last fri she cried and changed out of the blue said wanna go home right? my mum dunno wat to do wif her, called agt and agt said just ignore her and give her something to go to divert her attention.... mum ask her go change into shorts and wash toilet, then do other things, 1hr later she ok liao..... agt still got cheek to tell me just ignore her when I go home and pretend nothing happened and best, if can settle ourselve, settle on our own....pissed...

Cos of this incident, my dad remind us not to leave her alone at home.....

On Sat, we came back from swimming late evening, ask her go wash those wet clothing "now"(previously I demo action at least 5times meaning of "now") she still can tell me tomorrow... I insist "NOW" then tell me soak and tomorrow wash... wow real pissed.. said NOW again to her by showing her me going into the toilet and action, then she got it! my mum see liao also pissed...said she pretend dunno see if can escape...ok 5mins later then she went into toilet and do the washing... i just gotta check her cos my mum said she dunno how to handwash clothes.... 10mins i check, she just on the Tap and rinse... i show her to brush, still ask me, need to brush??? then 5mins later i check again, said finish brushing..... then my hubby was unhappy me and said have lah, i heard her brush....ok, nvrmind, who knows 5mins later i check again, she is using my dad's comb in the toilet to comb her hair! I questioned her and she denied.... she has her own comd what... so just threw away my dad's comb.....

Sun evening, my parents went out and leftme and kids and hubby...parents remind again dun leave her alone at home.... I told my hubby, I am staying at home, u go packet food... hubby wanted to bring kids out so saidbring her out since she nvr go out b4... bring her out, she is of NO help and sit there like a statue.... I gotta make my elder sit properly and carry my #2 and try to open the lunch box and feed her...cos no babychair ava....aiyo...damn angry man my Sun dinner....

Mon 1pm, my mum called and said she cried big time again.... i was busy at work and ask my mum call agent. Maid told agent that por-por scold her... but not true as later I check the story with my mum that she didnt, just ask her to re-wash the toilet again as its not clean (I already told mum, if anything not done clean/rite, use the noon time when my boy is at school, to ask her to re-do again, no need to scold....so we did this at least for 3days already). The agt also cannot do anything and has to get the Indo agt to call our hse and tell her. 2pm+, she just changed, pack her stuff.... mum tried to divert her by asking her to do other chores, she just ignore my mum.... and just seat at the door and all her bag at the door!!! The agt (indo & local) try to force her to stay cos of the 1mth contract, I keep asking the agt, now yr maid doesnt want to stay, so you cannot chrge me her 1mth salary, but they still try to call our house and want to talk her to staying.... I get so pissed that I type a letter stating maid want to stop voluntarily and made maid sign on it and pack her bags to agt!

At the agency, maid still yayapapaya tell the agent wanna go home... agt screw her big time... but still tell us will update us tommorow (which is today, but till now, yet to hear from them)

hi jennylow, oic, must chase d agent la, nowadays, not onli quality of maids r bad, qualiti of agents also a question haiz.

when my hiao fili maid was at d agency for training b4 she came 2 my hse , ev day my agency let her go out n to meet her cousins/frenz hor, dun no wat training - where got agent lk tat! I super fed up wiz d relative agent.

D prev hiao fili maid spoil more tings at my home than tat siao ting tong maid la, nvr ask them to pay la coz xxm regulations said can not ask maid 2 pay for anyting ma, so wat to do. sum more tat hiao fili maid alw forgot 2 turn off d taps n she alw said it was not her n when she broke/spoil tings, she kept quiet!

my 1st fili maid when she 1st came, broke my wedding photo ... of all tings wedding photo, then she broke d tap, then she also broke bowls/plates n then used d blender wrongli n coz my daughter 2 drink plastic fruit juices for few days until i found out ... but aft tat no more hiccups liao ... no probs n so work 5 yrs wiz me lor.

As an employer, i reali close two eyes liao but why still get maid lk tat, hope it is our turns to get good maids liao la.

alamak,
im in deep shit now.. my stupid agent now called my hubby and said tat the maid last min dun wan to come and work liao. wana stay at home to look after her 6years old.. Now i have to go down to agency and choose another maid and wait.. Im so so stressed up now...
The agent said tat there is 38 years old maid whom had worked in SG for i think 4 to 6 years liao. Do you think i can employ her? i scared later she ya ya papaya and cunning leh.. need advise from you all..

mummy_tang,
your maid really crazy leh.. since she wana go home, then better let her pack her stuffs and go home. rather than you face your mum calling you everyday for help. its a torture for you and your mum. i assume your maid must have missed home very much to the extent act blur loh.

alamak,
wah, your agent is damn bad leh.. prefer not to deal business with them loh. no wonder the maids like princess leh. can go as and when they like.
ya, true aso we cant ask them to pay since it is our responsibility. we as employer just have to be careful and hide the expensive things loh incase they break it.

hi mummy tang, haiz, same scenario when go outings haiz, maids nowadays juz tk us empl for granted, tk them out, they lk statue expect us 2 serve them as well!

yr maid no hope liao, she sounds veri scarli to me, this type of maid can not keep la, glad tat u sent her back to agt. if agt called 2 persuade u to tk her back, tell her no way.

why agt refuse to tk her back? i got a frenz tat sent d maid back within d same day coz she chg her clothes infront of them in d lvg rm n then put d son's milk bttl in d fridge, lk tat also agt accept wat?

it is ridiculous tat yr maid dun no how 2 handwash clothes as if back in her own country, she got washing machine meh, she is juz trying to eat snake lor ... this kind of maid haiz .. i also nvr chck on how my maids handwash d clothes bef, this eve i wl chck on her.

hi jennyloh, tat is bad, if maid dun wan 2 come here 2 wk, agt shud tell u earlier n not let u all wait for so long ... 38 yrs old a bit too old lor n may hv generation gap wiz yr kids leh n wiz her experience n age, scared she wl b lk wong ah ma to u n fmly n ex sin veri demanding - she may also ask for ev sunday off leh. She know sgp well liao, so got a lot of ctcs n etc hor, bttr consider 1st la.

Ask agt for other options n compare 1st.

i m glad u also tink so, my relative agent treat all her maids lk princesses, she talk so softly 2 them n gv them 100% freedom, she even bring my siao ting tong to c her cousin & etc n she nvr check their bags when they 1st arrv here, she so nice 2 them. dun no what training she conduct ha when in sgp, coz i asked tat hiao fili maid, she said agt nvr teach her anyting at all, onli get her own indo maid to teach her to cook fried rice! Nvr get maids fm this agt!

hi alamak,jenny,
she is a xfer maid that agt claim exemployer was out of job and hence cannot keep her.... if not otherwise they want to keep her.... anyway maids biodata and "3mths experience-very welltrained" all bullshit.....
maid just said want to go home.....we have already told agt, since she want to go home and dont want to work for us, then you better dun charge me the 1mth's salary......and she already signed the letter, so we also dont want her...

anyway, agt just called me and said maid cannot go home cos her family no money to pay for her loan... fm what the agt said her famliy told her since you want to go and work, we let you go and you must be prepared to take all the hardship... so the maid think no choice gotta carryon to look for employer but she want to choose to work for Malay family.... walau, still can afford to choose employer...I think she really dun know that she will work at least12mths for free man.... dunno to say she stupid or pity...

jenny, 38yr old might be too old to help you with yr kids.....mayb no energy kind... see got other options....

kanasai, my 1st agt is super super fierce with maids till me &mum think is too fierce; my 2nd agt is quite nice with maids.... in comparision, the #1agt's maid quality is better..in terms of language,manners etc.... so my next maid is to go for those fierce agts..hahahajus my experience to share lah, might not be accurate....

<font color="0000ff">Quote:
hi Tamarind, huh, in tat case, my siao ting tong alw c ghosts n even in d aftn, she also scared leh, agent knew abt this case but asked me not 2 tell new employer n now she is going 2 be trsf to another employer but onli on 06 Sept. Is that okie?</font>

We all know that passing a bad maid to another employer is not a good thing to do.

But now MOM made it a rule that employers must pay for the maid's air ticket back to her own country. How many employers are willing to spend this money ? Bad maids will continue to be "recycled" in Singapore. You can pass a bad maid to another employer, other employers can also pass a bad maid to you, right ?

Personally I would pay for the ticket to send her back. Actually I have sent back a maid(to Indonesia), not because she was crazy, but because I was very angry with her. Guess what ? After she left Singapore, she returned to work here only 5 days later !

So it is really up to our own conscience. And whether we can afford to pay the air ticket or not.

talking abt air ticket,can i get advice where to buy ticket..
happy.gif

anyone heard of Lion air..is it the best site to book ticket ?

i am arranging for my maid to fly back to her crty

our job is to send her to jakarta ?

alamak and mummy_tang,
the maid only wrote the letter on yesterday and ask the phili agency to fax to my agency. the moment my agent got it, she called my hubby liao. saw the letter yesterday nite, seems like the maid misses her 6 years son and her mum is always sick hence she decided not to come to SG to work..
me very sian loh, 2nd time get foc replacement maid but with no success. 1st time the maid medical checkup got prob then took 1 mth for the agency to get back to me and then i choose this soon-to-be maid who turns out decided not to come..

i aso told my agent tat the 38 years old cant make it leh. cos i dunt really noe how to train maid. who noes, the maid climb on to my head then i worse leh.. i saw the bio-data, and she ever worked in HK and SG for about 10 years (total). knoes mandarin, cantonese and english. i think quite hard to employ her loh. anyway, seems like my agent told me tat the paperwork is almost done, so if wana her the maid can come to SG within 2 weeks lah.. think the agent wana to throw her to me so tat she got less paperwork to do..hahaha, i rejected it..

the new maid coming to be, i phone-interview her and asked a few questions.seems like she can look after bb.she is 26 years old, separated and with 3 kids (aged 2, 5 and 7). my agent told me can ignore the 2 weeks training at phili so tat she can come over to SG by end of this mth. which i left a few days of training for her. but then better than nothing. else she can only come by mid of sept and i had already started work and cant get leave. so i agree.

alamak,
the way your agent treat the maids, cant make it leh.. too soft on them tat's why the maid aso ya-ya-papaya lah..my agent can scolded the maid upside down loh.. ever heard her scold at maids, so fierce.. i saw liao aso scared.

mummy_tang,
seems like your current maid a bit like my previous maid. keep saying wana go home but then she aso got no money to go home. even told my MIL tat her sis came to SG to work as maid in May and willing to help her pay the loan. when i asked my agent, she said no lah, the maid's sis just came and where got money to help her pay back... somemore, this maid really got a 7years old son leh. yet declared she is single. cant believer the biodata loh.
anyway, my agent aso said tat the maid biodata cant be trusted and nowsadays the maid quality drop liao.
aiyo, your maid sure very ma fan leh.. still wana choose employer to work with.so terrible.

ks, jenny, gracian, CSI fan, harriet,

Same sentiments. My main worry is post natal blues. Wat if she ki-siow throw my bb out of our 3rd flr, won't mati also handicap lah. Plus, insurance does not cover siow-lang-keng. Hmmm, not worth d risk.

Hahaha, d irony part is my current 33 yrs old has a 8 yrs old gal ! Funny leh, seems like she don't know how to relate to my kids. Age gap ? Probably, lingo barrier bah.

Call it coincidence, cos when I tot of getting a replacment, she seems to improve alittle - yesterday heard her "talking" to my gal &amp; bb ! Don't tink she overheard abt it cos i talk to hubby in off. Maybe she's got 6 sense :) Ok lah, to be fair to both parties, I'll give her an/r 1-mth grace period. Will decide from there. Keep my fingers crossed (AGAIN) .......

Hi mummy tang, tat maid mental case liao, no hope lia, o she tinks so easy ha, malay fmly, their expectation also high okie, i got 2 malay ex-colliqs, ev day shout @ their maids n they also talk 2 d maids rudely hor!

I agree tat all d biodatas r bullshit n fierce agt bttr, soft agt - maids end up lk mine lor, sum more she gv d maids her name card n told them if anyting, call her (i mean shud speak 2 d empl 1st rite n let d empl call agt ma).

Aft wat i hear fm u abt d maid's wk, i went back 2 chck on my hse hor, wiz d siao ting tong knowing she going 2 new empl soon, my kids's study rm is lk a mess - all d bks omg, all anyhow stuff n d magz hidden ev in d whole hse, ev is a mess - ev thing hidden here n there. my kids clothes hidden here n thr in my rm instead.

i tot d siao ting tong veri hardwkg, omg, now she slacks liao, gd luck 2 new empl.

Hi Tamarind, i can not send her home coz agt dun allow coz tat siao ting tong still hv loan ma. agt said maid is bluffing but why dun she stop her nonsense? agt juz keep quiet coz in her heart, she know maid a bit of mental case.

agt said my hse landed property, maid mb hv 3rd eye woh (but if tat is d case, why broad daylight also scared hor), she said maid wk in hdb (new empl stay in hdb) shud b okie lor, hv anyone heard of such a stupid reason b4! Wud u as an empl if u know abt these wan 2 tk such a maid?

Hi jennylow, u r lucki coz those 2 nvr come 2 wk 4 u. d failed medical case must b serious lor coz d std veri low there ma, imagine, she come 2 wk 4 u, she alw sick, then
probs for u n tat one tat dun want 2 come 2 wk, imagine, she come 2 wk for u, ev day cry
n mother sick, ltr she ask 2 go back, probs for u agn.

D new maid u chose sounds okie, my frenz told me b4 if they got a few kids, mk sure
we lk @ d age gap lor, if age gap is ev 1 or 2 yrs, tat shows tat maid is sexually active,
dun tk. 2,5,7 – okie n 26 yrs old also okie. Ya, training in fili, can ignore la, no use la.
hope we wl hv good maids, our turns liao la.

ya, my agt cmi (can not make it), her maids all veri ya ya papaya ... haiz. yr agt sounds okie leh. u noe, foc replacement, my relative agt nvr even gv me any biodatas 2 choose, onli those leftovers!

ma22, all these maids hor even they hv their own kids hor, they r not d ones lkg aft them one hor, they went out 2 work n lv d kids wiz d mother or auntie 2 lk aft lor, tat's why even when they hv kids, they noe nuts abt kids lor!

glad 2 c yrs improving lor, keep monitoring n keep yr fingers crossed lor

hi jennylow, i juz spoke 2 my agent n found out tat i still hv to pay for tat siao ting tong's levy aft she go out of my hse on 28 Aug as emp can onli tk her on 06 Sept, why shud i b doing d new empl a favour? aft wat tat siao ting tong did to us n wiz her work slackening n cut corners, why shud i!

ma22,
glad tat your maid got shown improvement. try and see if she is better. hope your maid will be better than now.

alamak,
the agent aso told me im consider lucky tat i never got the two maids, else i jiat lat as have to pay her medical fees for the 1st one, then counsel the 2nd maid if she cries. well, i hope tat the maid i have chosen will not play me out and she is good.
ya, tats wat the agent told me tat no use train in phili loh. a waste of time, then she said she will help to bring the maid over her house for training in the nite and day time in her agency so tat my life will be slightly easier as i only need to train her regards to looking after my bb boy.
so far, i still happy with my agent lah she will help me choose and reject some loh. the one (biodata) i chosen yest nite was fresh and just arrived over at the agency there. actually she has given me about 15 biodata to see, some i had seen before.

ya, i still have to pay for the maid's levy though she had transferred back to agency. but up to 1 mth, if by then the agency cant find any new employer they will pay the levy on their own.hence they sure will ask if you wana take transfer maid. but lucky for mine, she never asked me to take as it was a bad experience for me liao. think its the norm tat we still have to pay the levy as the maid is still under our name so under MOM guideline, we as the employer we need to pay loh.

hey ladies,

check you all... do u allow your maid to wash her own clothes in the washing machine? if yes, together with your family's clothing? if yes, does your maid stinks, ie: usually clothes will be very smelly as after long day of hsework. If no, she handwash her own clothes everyday? is it clean enough as i need her to carry my baby at times....

kannasai,
yah, it's under MOM rule that employer has to pay for levy. So until the name of the employer changes, current employer has to pay for levy.

That's why, for transfer maids where you can interview the previous/current employer, must take employers comments with a pinch of salt...coz some employers may say all the good things about their ex-maids (those whom they are still paying levy for) just to quickly get that maid transferred and they can save on levy. Not saying that mummies here are like that lah...but hey, it's a practical world out there...

My maid got bad body odor, takes bath twice daily. Should I let her use deodorant/talcum? She needs to handle my baby.

Hi Ladies...

How do I renew my maid's work permit...n is the med ins compulsory now...which ins co has the cheapest rate...

Sorri for bein so blur...

Thanx a lot...

mama_G, she handwash her clothings, no machine wash. But somehow that's her natural body smell ler .. and it's quite irritating. In my house rules, she's not allowed to use any powder/cream/lotion on her body &amp; face.

how ler??

hi jennylow, yr agt veri good leh, if i nn info, next time i ask u, tey veri good lor can let u c so many biodatas, my relative agent haiz, sian, yes, u lucki u did not tk them lor, juz siong a bit now bttr than tk those 2, yr new maid come, u a bit relax liao la. @ least, u got mother 2 help u a bit not too bad la.

jenny/kitty li, i did a hse trsf as req by d agt since earli july leh n @ tat time, agt told me tat my liabiliti for levy is 3 wks onli, thereafter, i no nn 2 pay liao, but now i got 2 pay. This new empl also too much n too calculative. If i noe lk tat, i tell d agt 2 tk other empl tat can tk d siao ting tong immed.

D new empl so calculative, so deserve a siao ting tong maid tat can chck whether d hse got ghost or not, test d bed got bed bugs or not n d aircond spoil or not lor ... sit cross legged to sweep/mop d flr. i dun pity d new empl la.

i mean, i gave her more than 1 mth liao n hv bn paying for 1 mth levy liao - for hse trsfr.

hi mamaG, i allow all my maids to use d washing machine, my veri 1st fili maid, i allow her to put her clothes together wiz our clothes coz she veri clean type of maid tat wks 5 yrs wiz us, tat hiao fili (she sensitive skin, ev day scratch here &amp; there) n siao ting tong burmese maid (she veri smelli, seldom bathe), so i asked these 2 to wash separately twice a wk coz handwash tey use a lot of water ma n water very expensive okie.

Hi susanY, my siao ting tong also veri smelli coz bathe once a day n some times nvr bathe, gv her powder also she does not use, so wat for 4 my case! u can buy one for her lor.

kanna_sai, she bo bath, you didn't tell her off meh ..

on the first day of arrival, my this maid also admitted that she'll wash her used sanitary pad before discard, i said NO, cannot do that in my house.

hmm.. so handwash more water or machine wash ah??
my maid also wash her pad, told her cannot liao but how to prove she really never do so?

tamarind, you ever put the house rules for the maid not using lotion/cream on the body, any reason?

mama_G, ask her again loh if she ever do that anymore .. very subjective ler, you want her to show you meh ..

susany, d siao ting tong c ghost one leh, i veri scared of her. no pt telling her also coz she going 2 new empl hse next mth, let d new empl c her true colour ma, let d new empl tell her off lor.

mamag, my machine those use lttl water one n i ask her 2 use quick mode whch onli uses 3 cycle - these maids when they handwash clothes use lots of water, tey dun pay ma, so tey waste water lor.

kannasai, my previous xiao maid also said that got shadow attacking her.

mama_G, actually i requested my new maid to change 3 sets of clothes but so far, she only change 2 sets ie. 1 set from 9pm (previous day) to next day bath @ 1pm and another set from afternoon till evening. So, she sleep with the evening set. Then she'll handwash her clothes (2 sets).

maybe she feels that she's not dirty if she change to another set from 9pm-6am (her waking up time).

wat u all think ah .. i've not tell her off leh that she didn't follow what i want. if see positively leh, she has lesser clothes to wash loh and i save some water?

but anyway, she still stinks eventhough after bath.

need some advice from the experienced mummies here... sorry, but it will be a very lengthy post... thanks for reading...

my indo maid 24 yo, coming to a year with me...
these few weeks i noticed that when she feeds my younger girl, my girl's head will rest on her left arm and she will use the same hand (left hand) to hold the bottle and the right hand will just be free and resting on my girl's legs... i tot it was quite weird, firstly, if her right hand's free, why dun she use it to hold the bottle, secondly, it makes my girl's head tilt slightly when she's feeding her as she's using the same left hand to hold the bottle...
my mum did ask the maid b4 and maid's reply was that for them, only a guy can use right hand to do things, but women should use left hand!

i did not think too much about it but today decided to ask a friend of mine who also has an indo maid... according to the friend's maid, it is very rude and impolite (as a sign of disrespect) to use left hand to handle things.. things should be handled using right hand, to use their left hand is extremely rude, unless no choice.

so now i am puzzled, can experienced mummies with indo maid help me, as to is it really impolite and rude to use their left hand (by choice) to handle things? and if it is, what do you think her intention to do this is? many thanks!

mama_G,
i never let my previous maid use the washing machine to wash her clothes. i told her to use handwash every 2 to 3 days. but she did ask permission to machine wash as the weather was pretty bad tat time. so i agree. she bath twice a day.

alamak,
sure you can ask me if you need the agency's info. ya, consider myself lucky tat never get those 2 maids. hope the new one will be good. lucky my last paper is over today, so can bring my bb boy home on this fri liao and i will need to look after him till the new maid comes.

Body Odour,
My agt gaveme a tip on BO... buy those green small limes from the market and ask the maid to rub on their body when bathing... the BO shld go away after 2-3times.... and limes are very cheap...

Other than BO, could it be their clothes? these maids like to keep clothes that are not completely dry..... hence will go smell... you might wanna check when they keep their clothes too....

Ex-Sin Maids
Need to check with mummies here.... if maid worked her in SG say 2001-2003 or 2006-2007 stated in biodata, how do we check their employment records eg..they really completed 2yrs with 1 employer, or was send back by employers? Thanks!

hi jennylow, oic, u studying, veri hardwkg leh, hope we two wl finally get a good maid liao.

hi plim, i m not sure but i tink it is rude too lor coz i tink in muslims custom, tey use left hand 2 wash their backside n right hand 2 eat n do work. she uses left hand to feed yr bb, it is bad lor n showing disrespect.

susanY, huh, yr siao maid also c shadow ha, she burmese?

mummy tang, if u can, ask d agt for d maid work permit no, eventhough d maid wk 4 diff empl, go back n then come back agn here, tey wl hv d same work permit no. u can use d work permit no. 2 chck in d mom website.

kanna sai,
ya, that's wat my friend told me also... i wouldn't think too much of it if her right hand is occupied with something and hence must use left hand to feed her lor...

guess what, asked her about it last night and then she kept saying 'no', 'nothing', right hand... was so pek-chek, everything ask also nothing and immediately she swtich to using right hand to feed my girl!

mummy_tang, thanks for the tips, I'll try to monitor my maid's BO after asking her to bath 3 times a day. I may want to check on her clothings too but she also admitted that she has BO but dunno if it's true as she said that her previous employer (worked for 5 years) didn't commented on her BO at all.

plim, your maid all these whiles have been using her left hand to hold the milk bottle or just recently? her left hand should have feel tired too as it's so awkward. For me, i'll ask her to do the normal way that we want.

plim, no need to ask, jus tell her to use right hand and tell her using right hand bb more comfortable. then monitor and remind again.... we cannot follow their culture at our (children) expense....

alamak, thanks, will check with the agt.... but my mum said want to change agt after the bad experience of 2maids fm them.

susan, previously i always see her feed using her right hand... only recently 1 or 2 months i noticed why is her right hand free when she is supposed to be feeding bb... weird right? yes, i cld hv just tell her do the way i want but i'm worried (in fact, my friend more worried than i am) that whether she is doing this on purpose as a silent kind of response to any unhappiness she has...

how does yr maid takes shower, did u ask?

my 1 week old maid is weird, she squats down and she'll use the 'jet spray' that is fixed to wash bathroom floor/toilet bowls. I told her that she can use the shower head but she said she's used to squatting. For eating, she also sits on the kitchen floor.

Ladies

How long your maid take to clean your toilet?thanks

Is it normal that you must keep supervising on maid so that they will not anyhow clean...I get so tired in looking at how she clean...

Hi mummies

Reading through the posting make me scared. I will need to employ a maid to ease my mum from housework when my 2nd was born.

Need your advice as it is the 1st time i employing amaid. considering between indo &amp; philipino

Looking thro the bio data, fresh indo maid claim that they can speak little English? Izit true? will there be communication breakdown if they cant speak English &amp; we cant speak malay. izit true they pick up language very fast as claim by the agency?

Izit safer to pay the maid loan out front, or spilt payment? if we return the maid, will there be dispute that agency dont return us the maid loan with we pay outfront?

Tallking about indo maid see shawdow (ghost), Seem like quite common, I heard about it from few of my frez. Dont noe what is in their mind.

Hi Zita
Whether maids pick up language fast or not depends a lot on the individual. My indo maid not only picks up mandrin, but also teochew and hokkien during her 1yr with us.

For loan, you must ensure that the contract between you and agency must state clearly that agency will refund you the outstanding loan (if u have paid upfront) should u return the maid to agency before she fully repaid her loan. Usually agency will require employer to pay the loan upfront for the maid and then employer will deduct from maid's monthly salary in repayment of loan. I think if you use UOB credit card to pay the loan upfront, you only need to repay the amount to the bank on monthly basis without interest. It takes about 7 to 8mths for you to fully repay the bank. Not sure for other banks' cards.

Hi folks. Rmemeber me? I was the one who was contemplating whether to renew my existing maid. In the end, I decided to renew her despite all the cons. She came back yesterday. All was well until I went through her bag at night (with her knowledge and consent) and I found this picture. Can anyone please help me to ask their Indo maid the significance of this picture of this fierce looking tiger and the meaning of the words written behind the photo?

I was quite angry when I found the photo. I asked her how come got such fierce looking tiger photo. She said she doesn't know. She said it belongs to her father and he must have put it in when he borrowed her bag. I asked her what is the meaning of the photo, is it for black magic? She denys it.

Can someone advise me whether this photo has any special meaning to it? Can ask your maids for me to see if they have any idea the belief behind these fierce photos??

1619493.jpg

1619494.jpg

Hi all...

anyone heard of Best Home @ Thomson Plaza? are they good.... Thanks for yr feedback!

Hi Pucca, sorry cannot help you as maidless now.

Back