Advise on Baby & Maid Exps

Wendy
My hb trains my maid in all the housework. He can do everything better than anyone of us at home. And he inspects the house as and when, so my maid always on her toes. My maid gets v stressed when she see him picking up dirt or doing housework! It is his nature, he wants everything to be clean.

Frankly, I dun even know where is the broom and mop in the house, which cloth is for wat. BUT... you can't expect all men to be like tat. If your hb is not brought up this way, then he won't be. My mil is v maticulous, at their home, he was like a king, dun do much. But somehow after marriage, he can't stand my untidiness so he will do all the housework. Prob oso picked up from his mom, but I picked up from my mom, chop chop finish can liao. Hahaha... So hor, if you ask me to be hardworking, do housework, I can't, so similarly, you can't really blame your hb if he doesn't really help out. You can try to encourage him only lor. Or tell him v siong for you to do all lor.

Hi IvyYeo, I told myself I have to be strong for the sake of kids - emotionally and financially. This are the 2 impt things we need to have for our own future.

Dear ladies,

all your comments really tickle me....yep, agree with all of you...

I do not know how on earth my bimbotic maid got my husband's handphone number as we had never given her before, we gathered that it must be the agency...she called him this afternoon and told him that she did not want to go back. My hubby was furious that his number was given to her without his permission. He called Jack Focus and told the lady in charge to make sure that she would not call him again..the lady replied that she must be calling from the indo supplier's place. According to her, the indonesia supplier came to collect and bring her back. Still, how can the Indonesia supplier have his number if Jack Focus never gave them?

Worse still, as my hubby often receive overseas calls due to his work, he might pick up her phone call if she still want to pester him...is the agency going to pay for the overseas calls? It's just not the money. The thot that she has his handphone pissed him off. How can the agency be so irresponsible.

I do not think that the agency has the right to do that, do they? Gosh, with this, it may not be the end of things. My hubby cannot change number as this is company phone.

Tricia, your case is really scary. Yes, and agreed that the agency shouldn't be so irresponsible. I think Jack Focus isn't really a very reliable agency cause i've heard bad comments from other forums since 2-3 yrs ago. Well, anyway, now your hub has to be extra careful. If he hears her, just cut the line off or tell her that you will make police report if she continues to hassle him and his family. Also, I think you should report this case to MOM about Jack Focus being negligent in letting out customer info.

I'm not sure what I suggest would work, but just a thought.

Liana,

After talking to my maid last night and explained to her the seriouness of having that needle in the pillow (what happens if it got stuck in my daughter's pillow instead???), I think she must have really forgotten to remove the needle from the pillow case after she sewed it. She told me that she was sewing the pillow case and my hubby's pants using 2 needles due to different colour of the threads and had forgotten to remove the one from the pillow case after she was done. Also, my hubby analysed that if she wanted to perform black magic, she would have placed the needle inside the pillow but he found the needle outside the pillow and at the corner of the pillow case.

She also told me that she does not believe in black magic and I skeptically asked her "but your hubby is from Ponorogo?" She explained that her hubby's hometown is far from the black magic practise..anyway, I just take it as she genuinely forgotten to remove the needle but I will be extra wary of her now..sigh..so tiring!!

Letter in Forum about death of baby by MAID.

Jan 16, 2008
Maid in baby's accidental death not blameless
I REFER to the article, 'Blow to head: Baby's death an accident' (ST, Jan 11), where it was reported that a maid who caused the death of a baby was not held accountable because the incident was ruled an accident.
Based on the facts presented in the report, I am deeply troubled by the coroner's finding that Ms Lasini was not criminally negligent in causing baby Jordan's death and the implication that the case will be closed and the maid allowed to find new employment.

While it may very well be true that the maid cannot be held criminally negligent for an accident because accidents happen, it is my opinion that the maid was negligent for not bringing the incident to her employer's attention in a timely manner.

This is not the first incident in which a maid has indirectly caused the death of a baby by informing the employers too late.

Consider this: Suppose a caretaker is hired to look after a warehouse and the warehouse catches fire. Obviously, the caretaker is criminally negligent if he had started the fire because he was smoking while on duty and did not dispose of the cigarette butt properly.

However, could he be absolved from blame if the fire was started by an electrical short circuit but he did not call the fire department until six hours later?

Regardless of whether the baby could have been saved if timely medical treatment was rendered, the very act of not reporting the injury until six hours later is tantamount to reckless endangerment of a helpless person.

In the same way that the law must step in to protect innocent pedestrians from drunk drivers, it must also protect babies and toddlers, who are not in a position to defend themselves, from negligent caregivers.

Ben Leong Wing Lup

Hi Mummies

Anyone who has christian(catholic) indo maid at home? Are they good? Any comments? I am going to employ my mil current maid who is a catholic indo maid. she says she doesn't want any off day but she ask to go to church for 2 hrs every sun.

Liana,
thanks for posting the forum letter here.

Indeed the writer wrote well. Who is going to protect the babies and toddlers? Somemore the govt want us to have more kids. How to if we are bombarded with such horror stories?

I had mentioned this case to my maid in front of her agent on the day i went to fetch her. My maid was shocked by the case. On the other hand, the agent said (to me), "you realise that most of such problems come from Indo maids?" I'm totally appalled by the agent! this is not the question of the maid's nationality. The same thing can happen with a PHP maid if she failed to report the matter!....Really made me think twice, thrice, and many times more over abt this agent....

I agree. This writer really wrote a very good point out. And I agree with Nellu that it can happen to any maid, disregard their nationality.

My current phil maid is also a blur head. And alot of times when she spoil something or something is missing, she don't tell until I realised and asked, then she said cannot find or don't know.

I cannot imagine if I were to let her take care of my kids at home, and if any accident happen and none was reported to me. That's why when govt imposed the rules on cannot bring maid to parent or pil's house, etc., I thought it is totally ridiculous. How can they expect us to trust a stranger, experience or not, with our precious baby(ies)?

So many accident happened about babies died due to maid carelessness etc, so when govt impose this kind of rules, we the employer are the one who suffer. And such incident happen, is govt going to take responsibility?

The lucky thing is now, they have loosen the rules and is more flexible on the arrangement of maid going to parent or pil's house together with the children, if not, I think more and more people would rather send their kids to childcare centre or engage a nanny or worst still, stop at 1 child.

Anotehr letter about death of baby by MAID. In this instance maid let boy run around in carpark. Boy nearly knocked down. Maid was on her mobile phone. These maids are a menace to society and a danger to families. How to trust a so called adult maid. Their behaviour is so negligent. When is the MOM going to learn that by allowing negligent maids to work here even after their negligent deeds have been made known for all to see that it really is sending out the wrong message to other maids that care is not important. Makes me sick.

Jan 18, 2008
Maids need reminding of duty to young charges
I AGREE fully with the writer of the letter, 'Maid in baby's accidental death not blameless' (ST, Jan 16), that the maid was indeed negligent in not informing her employers of the incident in a timely manner. A life could have been saved.
To absolve her of all blame and to even allow her to seek alternative employment would send out the signal to maids that ignorance is the best excuse when tragedy strikes.

A few months ago, as I was driving into the carpark of my block, a child of about four or five years old dashed into my path.

As I have a five-year-old of my own, I have always made it a point to slow down and even stop whenever I see children nearby. Had I not done so, I would have knocked him down.

In the meantime, the child's maid was chatting on her mobile phone several metres away, oblivious to what had happened. She made no attempt to stop her conversation or to chase after the boy.

I could not resist telling the maid that it was wrong of her to leave her charge to cross the road on his own. Had an accident happened, as the driver I would most certainly have been taken to task. But then again, are we going to excuse the maid as she is also not criminally negligent?

Many children are taken care of by maids. Parents should teach their children about road safety, and remind their maids constantly to be cautious when taking their charges across the road.

Elizabeth Ng Boon Kwan (Mrs)

Another challenge would be the toddler age group of small children. Wanting to gain independance and yet dont understand what is called DANGER..

Very often the maids will think they can run faster that the toddlers...They are VERY WRONG!!!!

How to get maids very alert in public?

That day, we went to supermarket..as usual my maid pushed the baby in the stroller. And, I think she would imagine her job is to just to push the stroller everywhere I go and that's it. My elder boy disappeared for a short while and none of us realised it (I was busying searching for the item i want). Another time, my baby ate a piece of cardboard and she also didnt realise it...sigh.............

liana - i just witnessed a similar accident a few weeks ago. just that the little girl dash onto the ROAD!
and the maid still cant bear to peel the hp away from her ear as she pulled the girl back by 1 hand.
some ppl around were also criticising her...

i hope i do not sound too critical towards maid, but i simply CANT TRUST THEM!!!

Hi mummies, actually I see it with my own eyes, everyday I send and bring my children from school/childcare, almost all the maids..gather and chatting while waiting for little master.. and continue to chat or sms on handphone, not bother the little one walk far away/crossing the road.. there was once, the maid just chat on hp and don't bother the little one crying n scream for maid on stroller.. that's make me to think twice to let my maid do the job.. maid also will compare, gossip abt employer, or even learn but funny thing.. haiz.. how to control.. best,if maid no handphone and stay home do work..

Looks like we have all seen this stupid nonsense behaviour from maids with our own eyes.

I was in my car driving on the main road at Holland Village where there is a centre divider. This stupid maid was walking with a boy along the centre divider amongst the traffic. Why? She was too damn lazy to use the pedestrian crossing. One ear stuck to her phone and one hand pulling the child through moving traffic.
I cannot stand this. I stopped my car in the middle of the road and yelled at her to get the kid off the road because it is dangerous. Then I asked the boy for his mother's telephone number and called her up. These maids do not deserve to work here. What the hell are they thinking. It seems it is more important to chat on the phone than do their job.

Imagine how many accidents happen to children under the care of the MAID that the maid doesn't tell the ma'am and sir. Imagine how many threats the MAID has given to children not to tell about thier phone, boyfriend, friends, money, accidents, lies....hate them.

Haha, Liana that maid deserves that! How did the mother reacted to you? I think I will not hesitate to do the same thing as you!

Tricia,
I am very happy to know that you find my blog useful
happy.gif
Thanks for your information. I have included the maid in my blog.

http://singaporemaidcomments.blogspot.com/

Refresh the page to see the new post. Hope that more mommies can send me comments about their maids !

Liana,
Yes many things can happen if the maid is taking care of the kids without any supervision. The kids may not show any surface injury, but that does not mean they are not hurt emotionally, or their safety is not at risk.

Oh my Liana ... thumbs up!!

Many times i see such reckless behaviour with maid bringing kids out. Tats why i will never allow my maid to bring my son out to pack lunch in a stroller. I always shift my appointments to avoid my maid to EVER bring my son out alone.

I always tell myself that I can never blame the maid, i can only blame myself for trusting her ... so, i rather not trust loh.

Liana, well done!!

btw ladies, i just sacked my maid with immediate effect yday evening! she feigned seizure on me just right before bb's dinner time!...and why? all because I ask her to explain to me why she put a pail soaked full of her dirty laundry on the stool for her to sit on when doing laundry. Mind you, the things were tucked neatly in the corner of my wash area which at that time was super dry. I insisted that she had to give me a satisfactory answer then cos everytime i asked why she did certain things certain way (usu. not according to instructions) she NEVER EVER has a reason!

Then a few mins later, she did her show for me. I nearly fell with bb in sling trying to catch her in case she knocked her head on the kitchen sink and cabinets. V furious with her cos at that pt when i came in contact with her she was perfectly warm, face and lips were not pale and her pulse was at 70/min!!! PERFECTLY normal!!

I nearly called for ambulance. on hindsight i'm glad i din cos it would have cost me a lot of $$. in the end i called the agent and told her what happened and sent the maid straight back to the agent within 1 hr!

As a result of this episode, my mum nearly got knocked down by a bus on her way to my plc upon hearing that something had happened. I had to get my ever so nice neighbour to help me carry the maid's stuff downstairs (she came with 2 bags and left with 4!! hoarded a lot of rubbish from my MiL!). And my hubby is out of town...

I have left her with the agent and let the agent handle her for now. I really do not want to see this ungrateful person in my home at all!! In fact i have told the agent that she cannot go home without paying back all the outstanding loan. if she wants to go home, all the more I will not let her. i want her to be responsible for the shit she had created.

Because of her my relationship with my MiL turned quite sour, as a result, i had to quit my job to stay home. not only that, recently i got told off by a self righteous expat to "F**king learn my manners" in NTUC for telling my stupid maid to be careful with the trolley...and she NEVER EVEN apologised to me. She took my MiL's Hp w/o permission, left the hse to throw rubbish w/o informing us, walked in and out of our rooms w/o knocking, go throw our CD collections and took them out while we were not at home, argued with my husband over the way she washed the rice, and best of all, NEVER EVER answer us or speak to us properly and NEVER EVER apologies for the things she did wrongly.

She deserves to be punished!

Oh Lord...Nellu...that's freakish.
Tell us more...what happened with the laundry? You just asked her why her laundry was on the stool and she feigned a seizure. She really overreacted huh.

What did she do to sour your relationship with your MIL? So you had to quit your job? Nellu, that's awful. Is this your new maid?

With regard to the self-righteous expat incident, I do feel bad for you because they have not really seen how the maid has behaved for you to get to the point of having to tell her off.

That's the thing about maids. I would have to say they are rarely if ever sorry for their wrongdoings. They are only sorry they got caught.

Nellu, I hope you are ok.

Liana,
It's really horrid! I'm all alone now with my super fussy 8mth old bb (teething!!) and my hubby is out of town!!

Nothing happened with her stupid laundry cos i just put all the wet clothes into one big trash bag and gave it to her.

The maid could tell that my MiL is absent minded and I somewhat am not that close to her (which is quite normal). She always push blame onto my MiL saying that it's my MiL who asked her to do it this way and that or that it was my MiL who made the place untidy. it's no excuse isn't it? The old lady is OLD. how can you expect an old lady to still be in prim and tip top condition? She also took advantage of my MiL's kindness and always complain to her abt everything. And sometimes, my MiL stopped me fr disciplining the maid! that's really infuriating. So my MiL feel that she didn't want to continue staying with us and helping me with bb cos of all these issues. Hence I had to quit.

Btw this maid is my second maid. remember Liana i asked you abt ADP? I had yet to go there to ask them to start my search. I was intending to do that next week...yet yday this thing happened!

I'm just really tired and wish that my boy will cooperate with me these few days until his daddy is back....

Nellu,
I see. It's really so hard to find a good maid. Sometimes I wonder if such a thing exists.
Well, do take care and post up your maid's name so we don't kenna her in future.

hi mummies
so glad to pop in here, and read so many similar stories.

i've bad experience with my maid too, and she's been here for about 10mths already. 1st few mths, very good and obedient, now will complain here n there. today worst, threaten us saying we've been scolding her,and wan to report us to MOM.
i've had enough of her for all the lousy stuff and alway saying I DON't Know when i ask her. Worst,after 10mths, she sometimes give excuse that she don't understand what i say when i spot a mistake.
Anyway, can anyone advise how i go about to send her back? Must i call the agent to pre-arrange? and penalty for early termimation of contract?
Hope to hear some feedback here, TIA
happy.gif

Tamarind, thanks for helping to "publicise" on this shitty maid. she is such cos she is able to make my husband angry!! My husband is one very patient and magnanimous person. In fact, right from the beginning my husband kept advising me to lower my expectations and to 'close one eye' but i guess he himself could not take her shit anymore too. He calls her 'bad rubbish'. For a kind person like him to say that, it means she's real bad rt?

I have no choice but to get the agent to transfer her because of the loan! If we let her go home, there is no way we can get the money back.
but I have told the agent not to recommend her for employers with young children and babies, because i know that most parents are particular and this maid cannot keep up.

so here are her details:
Name: Annabel Rafer Derona
WP No: 0 2438313-
The Agency is Servlink Employment Agency

The agent had been mostly professional so I have no complaints so far.

tamarind,
Just a suggestion, is it okay to attach the photo of Tricia and Nellu's ex maids against their info in your blog? It will help other employers greatly.

My understanding is if the maid is returned to the agency, the agency has up to 21 days to secure a new employer for the problematic maid. The current employer is liable for the lodging and food + maid levy for up to 21 days only. Thereafter, the maid agency has to bear the repatraition costs or whatever if the maid fail to get an employer....and also returned the maid loan to the current employer since the current employer fulfil her obligation of returning the maid to the agency.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Tamarind,

Just a correction, my ex maid is from the Philippines. Hope you can correct that. I sure don't want to give pple wrong info.

precious_one,
i think what you said is quite right abt the costs. I will be checking with my agent on the exact charges again.

for now, my husband and i have decided to do without a maid for the time being. It's just too much trouble and it'll really drive me nuts.

milkmilk,
I would advise you to send your maid away ASAP. This is the exact behaviour that my ex-maid had before she did her 'final performance'.

Make the first move before she does! Don't let her do anything that will get you caught off guard...like my case.

hi precious_one, aiyah, now the agencies have all sorts of "solutions" to deal with those restrictions. I understand my previous agent, she would find her relatives or siblings to change the maid under their name, so the maid will still be in SG. Alot of agents here wont do unprofitable business, afterall, the so called maid quota will be erased on a yearly basis.

nellu,
Thanks for correcting me. Updated already.

precious_one,
Included the photos already. Refresh the page to view.

Previously when I return the maids to the agency, I never have to buy their air ticket. I also didn't have to pay their food/lodging. I only paid the levy. I think they are either transferred out or the agency sent them back. But now MOM stated that the employer must pay for the air ticket, so some agencies may use this rule to make the employer pay. But in any case, the agency will cheat and lie to find the maid a new employer, no matter how bad the maid is, so that they can earn agency fee again.

I really damn this maid agency, Inter-Island @ Far East... Already the maid performance sucks... the agent also can't be bother sort....

Called the agent last Thurs to inform that I wish to replace my 2 wks old maid coz not only she sucks at housework, she also sucks BIG TIME in child minding.. her available & recommended candidates all requested for $400, every Sunday off & no probation.... so demanding now ar the maid? haven even show that the are capable already state their value... haiz...

last Saturday the agent requested me to bring my current maid to her office in the morning coz it was the last day she got to to do thumbprinting... claimed that she lost my contact number & luckily I called her up... fed-up of her bo-chapness, I sent the maid to her office @ 10am... my maid returned @ 3:30pm only to tell me that the thumprinting wasn't done & the agent told her that she'll bring her again on Monday morning to complete the process... I was fuming coz who is gonna stay at home on Monday while she go off & do her thumbprint.. I blew my top at the agent & was told by her that it's my mistake for sending the maid down late on Saturday as MOM was on half day & left her with no time to do the thumbprint... I was already fed-up with the maid & the agent isn't helping at all.... the agent argue that since I'm not being reasonable that it's up to me whether anot to let her bring the maid for her thumbprint coz as I'm the employer, the MOM gonna will chase me not her furthermore I can ask my sis to mind my kid while she bring the maid for her thumbprint.. aaarrggh.. really kana-sai this agent.. after arguing with her for her incompetency, she told me that she'll send somebody to my hse on Monday to mind my son while the maid went for her thumbprint but called y'day in her nicest voice that she is unable to send somebody to replace my maid coz it is illegal.. so today my poor hubby got to stay home & his boss doesn't sound happy when he called his office

This maid of mine still has the cheek to ask me to grade her performance coz she feels she already did a great job... Put her at my sis plc when I start working coz she still hasn't gives me the confident to leave her at home alone with my son, only to wash her hand off my son when he runs to my sis. She just sat at the balcony & comb her hair when my sis told her to watch my son while he plays.. either that or she join my niece & nephew to watch the TV when my son refuse to let her be near him... make my son sleep, she sleeps with him... My sis also gives up on her & was telling me she stress having to keep telling her to keep an eye on my son. She can sleeps on the bed with all her menses blood on the bedsheet for days if not for me checking & telling her to soak it & have it wash... I can list all the things that she did that drive me up the wall & calling it quit on her... but I don't want to sound so petty... Keep telling me to give her chance but I can't afford it anymore.. Bitch abt me to my sis saying that I'm so fierce & she prefers to deal with my hubby coz more patience.. and telling my sis that if I'm not happy with her, I've got all the papers & know what to do with her...

I really had it with MAID... they are nothing but more liability....

In search of maid this 2 agencies really piss me off - Inter-Island & ADP @ Far East. Their service really SUCKS!!

Nellu
Yeah, give yourself some time off the maid thingy to let off steam....it will help. For me I let go 7 mths then tried another month and the conclusion is NO MORE LIABILITY.

My plan on putting my girl in a good ccc (half day) seems to be working fine. My girl is enjoying school and it also leaves me with the morning to cook and do housework. Though I am still as tired, but I'm happy with one liability off.

Having said this, I fully understand that most FTWM do not have a choice.

Hi RMS, I had similar brush of encounters with service attitude with another 2 agencies. But the moment I had such encounter, I actually had no more confidence dealing with them! Are you going to stick with them?

tamarind, thanks for yr blog.

also like to ask a few qns. as i've a sahm, so every afternoon, i'll go to my parents place with my baby n maid. so far she's been helping out with some chores at my parents which after e 3 mths probation the she start complaining that she shd not be doing so. thereafter we do not give her anymore instructions when we go to my parents. but she'll automatically do the job herself. but these few days she complained again that she shd not be doing chores at 2 places. in fact, we've stop giving her instructions to do anything except to cook for us.

what'll be yr advise here? stop bringing her to my parents place? or let her be free when she's there the whole afternoon till nite? e law laid out seems tricky, hope to hear some advise.

milkmilk,
Check this MOM webpage. Click on Employer's Guidebook.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/momportal/en/communities/work_pass/foreign_domestic_workers/publications.html

Read page 10:
<font color="0000ff">An exception may be made for FDWs who accompany their employer's children to a caregiver's home to care for the children under the caregiver's supervision. In this case, the FDW must agree to the arrangement and should not be asked to do the full load of housework in both homes.</font>

So long as you don't ask your maid to mop 2 houses on one day, then you are not breaking any rules. I think you can just make sure that the chores you ask her to do are light so she doesn't complain.

dear all,

need some advise here...I am looking at 2 maids from JLK employment agencies.
one is a fresh 23yr old maid. one is a 26 transfer maid, worked 6mth here, kena returned cos the 6yr old little master dun click with her. Talked to the employer over the phone and was given good feedback by her.
Which one shld i take? Both are myanmar....

one more point, the transfer one bring the master to sch for afternoon session then she is alone at home till evening...quite free hor..But if i employ her then she wun be so free cos my mum will be supervising her...

Milk milk, I've confirmed a transfer maid just before christmas. During the interview, my new agent, openly infront of me and the maid, told the maid that MOM has agreed to the above (as quoted by Tamarind in the MOM employer's guidebook). I was surprised cause I've been to afew agents and they all sounded like I was wrong to bring the maid to pil's house with the children and maid usually won't adhere to such arrangement. I'm really glad with my agent who brought this up openly, cause some of the maids who started work here before MOM agree to the above terms, all knows that they are not supposed to work for 2 household.

eileen10

My current maid is frm Intel-Island... still entitle for a replacement within 6 mths... but I feel like forgoing the replacement coz hate the way they handle things &amp; cut short my heartache &amp; headache they been giving me... just wanna consider as bad investment on my part &amp; go back to my previous agent which I find more professional... with no hidden cost.. The prob now the agent told me not to send the maid back to their office till they find a replacement. How long shd I give them coz I can't stand the sight of the GFN maid @ my house...

My mistake also for signing up with them w/o asking them black &amp; white their charges so on &amp; so forth... Stoopid me...
sad.gif

Hi Ivy, I went to Status employment Agency at International Plaza. They only do Indonesian maid cause they are one of the suppliers of Indo maids in Singapore.

Why you want Myanmar maid? I have a few friends who used to engage Myanmar maid before and all end up transfering mainly due to communication problem. But I can't say for all lah, there might be good ones around too. Anyway, good luck to you.

For those who are reading this, don't mix up with Status Maid at Yio Chu Kang hor. This agency actually kena demerit points from MOM already.

Jchew,
wanted myanmar cos my mum tried indo and was very jialat...
Mum din wan PH cos she feel that they are too clever.
yes, communication maybe a problem. but most of them are okie after 3 mths. That's y i am trying it.
I tried daycare for my son but it din work out well for him hence need a maid to help my mum out.

Ivy, I understand. I ever had fresh indo maid and phil maid before, all cannot make it. I'm a FTWM with 2 young children and I really have not much time to train them. So my pick is always go for experience Indo maid due to my mil's broken english and I'm totally clueless in malay.

But I also have my fair share in too experience maid, especially those who work in big houses and also those who are home alone all the time. So now, I tend to choose those who work in HDB flats and those who are only 2 yrs experience.

Jchew..
i am leaning towards the transfer maid cos she is already trained ( my mum also broken english).
My only concern is that if she can work..cos she might be used to "sleeping" at home ( cos no one at home to watch her) for the last 6mths. Then now come to my plc may not have the motivation to work?

Sigh, this thingy of hiring maid is so headache!

Hi Ladies,

Need your advise, I just took a fresh Indonesia maid who is from Purwodadi. She is 24 married with a 2yr and have working experience taking of new born child in her country.

I'm currently a housewife and due in march for my 1st baby, the main reason I needed a maid as it will be only myself and the maid after my hubby's paternity leave. And I also plan to go back to work when my baby is around 8 mths.

The maid is due to come in middle of feb but the problem now is I don't know what to ask her to do till I deliver...I will be bringing her over to my aunt's place to learn to cook different dishes till i deliver..but it will only be in the late morning

If she wakes early around 5.30 to prepare breakfast for my hubby and myself then what can she do till late morning...nowsday after preparing breakfast for hubby i go back to sleep, i don't think i can ask her to do the same right? my house is only a 4rm flat...i think she will be quite free don't know how to occupy her leh! Mummies, pl advise me!

And also anyone of got a maid from the same town as mine...what are they like??

hi chrysanne12
If i were u, i'll probably train her in housework until she's 'perfect' in doing housework and how things are to be done at your house. Then when you baby comes, u can free yourself from supervising her housework.

Ivy, understand your concern. Have you spoken to the maid? Since she's a transfer maid, you can check with her what she has done at the employer's house, and brief her your expectation as well and see her reaction.

Frankly, I've changed so many maids and now I follow my instinct. Any hesitation I have with the maid, I will not take her. So the first thing is to talk to her, see how you feel towards her and also let her know your expectation. Then you decide whether she is suitable or not.

Chrysanne, I agree with Pink Tweet. I will also train the maid on housework first. Cause those that have not worked in sin, their cleaniness and hygiene standard may not be up to our expectation. Sometimes, even small things like how to hang and dry clothes can be a chore too. Like me, I can't stand my clothes lined in untidy manners, I just simply can't stand it! :p hahahah... At the same time, you can get her to do spring cleaning for your house lor, since CNY coming.

Hi PinkTweet,

That is what I was planning leh but aiyah I still think she will be 'shaking' legs quite often..but no choice

Another question, do you ladies allow your maids to use the washing machine to wash her clothes..becos if hand wash her clothes, then what abt her bedsheet and towels...it will be a bit hard right to handwash them?

Back