Advise needed: Deliver at Mount A or TMC?

pinkitsim2003

I am now at WW33.
I heard a lot of bad review of TMC lateky.
But my Gynae insist to deliver at TMC due to Month A car park renovation issue although my intention is to deliver in Mount A.
Is it worth for me to change gynae at the last stage just to deliver at Mount A?

I'm currently staying in TMC. I think the service differs based on the level you stay.

For me, I think the staff on lvl 5 are better as they always start the hospital tour from lvl 5. My sis stayed here last yr but was on lvl 6, not very friendly imo.

This time my stay so far is quite a pleasant experience.

I chose mount a.. But I prefer the service from st Elizabeth ward compared to the lady's ward
Mount a is very into breast feeding.. So if you are against breast feeding, you might find them a nuisance.. But some are really patient teaching you how to latch and all

I am having the same issue. My gynae insisted on TMC instead of Mount A though I already booked Mount A and according to a fellow mom, unless we choose to be induced, then high chance can choose Mount A as unlike natural, hard to predict when give birth.

Anyway, Level 5 is single ward or got 2 bedded?

Mari: depends on which hospital your doc delivers at or prefer to deliver. You can go for a hospital tour to see if you like the place.

Do note that mount A is having the carpark renov till next year. Happen to go visit PD and was still seeing the car park being built. Checked w the staff and they says next year 2nd half.
But will be gg to mount a. Loves the nurse there.
happy.gif

The car park reno is a pain but I guess you can always park at mcritchie reservoir and take the shuttle bus to mount a. I also plan to deliver my 2nd at mount a.

Mt A for sure!! But at least usual visiting hours, they have valet parking. Love their ambience. I delivered my #1 in 2011 and stayed in St. Elizabeth ward 4bedded. the nurses are all so nice.. seriously no complaints about them!! hope for Jan to come so i can deliver there again!!

My gynae is from tmc, so hus and I thought of delivering there. But my mum insisted on me going to mt a as she says it's cheaper. Talked to hus about it, and he says might compare pricing and see. Also, wanted to get the 1-bedded as baby and hus can choose to be with me thoughout the stay.

But is there a point in single room if I'm only there for 2 days (presuming I have normal delivery)? Some say waste of money, others say at least I can recuperate and rest well in a single bedded ward. Any thoughts? Or mummies who enjoyed their 2-bedded stay?

Hmm i had my first boy in a two bedded. Then 24 hrs later late night, baby suddenly keep crying despite bfeeding for 2 hrs. Later doc check and say bb jundice. By the tume my hubby here in the morning, i was crying uncontrollably for hours. Now think back, i think i was being silly then. But hormones must make me break down. Well, now then I am preggy with my second one, i think as long as financially can afford, i am definitely going for 1 bed ward. At least hubby always there for u.

Hi Mummies,

For those who had stayed in TMC and deliver there can u advise ur actual size bill and amount u paid in cash?

Stayed in TMC in Feb. Stayed in premium single (1 level above normal single), natural birth with Vacuum n epidural.. 3D2N stay.. total bill 7K+, medisave deduct 2k+.. Cash portion about 5k+ but only paid 1k+ coz the rest hub's co. can claim..

Back