* Advice on Child Care Centre at Sin Ming area

siu_suet

Hi,

Any mummies send your child to one of these child care centre? Wanna put my child to one of the school next Jan. Please share your experience and feedback. Thanks.

1. Educ @ Lorong Puntong
2. Red Schoolhouse @ Midview city
3. Childland @ Sin Ming ave
4. Cherie Hearts Nurtureloft @ Midview city

my son(15mths) is at helios located at amtech building. which is at sin ming area. just behing the LTA (ROV) building. so far he's been doing weel over there.. they open only in april 2011. how old is your child???

Hi Jensze,

My daughter is 18 mth now. amtech building is a bit far from my mum's place. I'm looking at those within walking distance.

How much is the fees?

Hi both mummies,

I also looking for one at sin ming area n had posted to request for some feedback/review.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/7214772.html?1341026499

Jensze,
Can share more info about Helios? I intend to put my boy there for PG as it's walking distance from my workplace. I had visited the center n was quite impressed with the cleanness. Yr boy at infant care now? Any idea how many students now for PG? My boy 17 months now.

Siu Suet,
Helios fee for PG is $780. I also visited Educ, Red school n cherie heart. Educa is my 2nd choice as the principal is very nice, places is good as well but only thing is there are total 120 kids under the same house which I find it's alot.

Red school fees is abit steep, 1k after subsidise.

Cherie heart fees is ok but it's at ground floor of midview city. I personally find it ok other than can hear the sound of passing vehicles.

bbkaiser,

Thanks for your info. It's really useful. So far I just visited Educa and Cherie heart. I found both are quite good. Still considering...

Since Helios is walking distance from your workplace, really should put your boy there. It's so convenient! How I wish there's a CC centre near my workplace.

Siu Suet,
I personally prefer those landed house type of cc like educa, as can have indoor & outdoor activities. As Helios is in industrial area and fully air-con, so will not have outdoor activities, but they do have a big play/gym area with wall climbing.

Dear all,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes bbkaiser, my son is at infant care now. He will be going to pg when he turn 18 mths.
I can't rememebr how many they have now in the PG. Will check the sign-in list when i bring him there tmr morning and let you ladies know.
SO far he's doing well.the place is generally clean. THey have Music for the Intelligent Mind lesson for the infant (just introduce few months back), Once a week and its included in the fees. PG also have it. WE had place him there since he was abt 4 mths old.

Every half a year they will meet up with the parents to update you the progress of the Child even for infant. NOt sure if all CC does that cos no experience with other cc.

Hi jensze,

Yes, do let me know about the numbers of kids in PG. How old is your boy now? My boy turning 18 months next month, maybe they will be classmates. hahaha!!!

Hi ladies,

I'm also considering switching my boys to cc - agape, red school house or modern Montessori. I didn't know there is a Helios. Any feedback on the cc at midview city?

Thanks!

Hi Mummies,

My gal was in Agape on the first day when agape (in Midview) opened (i think last April)But I have withdrawn her out and moved to Cherie Heart (in Midview) till now. I also enrolled by 18 months gal there as well. Principle and all teachers are very nice.

Thanks

Liewb,
I've only talked to the in-charge of Cherie Heart at Midview city. I found the teachers and helpers there are very friendly. The school is quite new so the place is clean and their toys and books are new. Cherie Heart is my 2nd choice
happy.gif

Lovely gal,
May I know why you withdrew your girl out agape? I walked past the school when I visited CHerie Heart, it was very quiet and I didn't see anyone around (maybe it was closed n that day). How's their teachers and programme?

Hi Siu Suet,
Have u enroll ur girl already? I haven't visited Cherie Hearts in Midview yet, maybe I'll go tomorrow.
happy.gif

Was thinking of enrolling in agape but now want to know why Lovely Gal withdrew too. Anyone has any comment on Red School Hse?

Thanks!

I visited both cherrie & agape n personally I prefer cherrie between these two. Agape when went in firstly d ceiling is low n like v noisy inside due to the echo.

Reds, is alright Quite like d place but d fees is abit steep.

Hi Disneymummy,

Thanks for your pm! It's very helpful. I still haven't decided on the childcare yet but I'll have to very soon. I intend to switch childcare by end of next mth.

I'll go visit Cherie Hearts tomorrow but they have been having problems with their management so I'm a bit hesitant.

Red School Hse fee is vy steep considering enrichment classes will be charge separately. Plus I'm not vy comfortable with the lifts.

HI ginlin,

I have PM u.

Hi Liweb,
U mean the whole management of the Cherie Heart? I am also worried about it initially when i enrolled my gals in. I did asked the principal about the issues. She told me not to worry.

Till now still nothing happened... :.

Have a nice Monday.

Cheers

Hi mummies,

I've just visited Cherie Hearts @Midview. I find the place a bit noisy, probably due to the open concept. I can hear the teachers & children from different classes all at the same time. Would be a bit hard to focus in class with all the noise & echo? When I mentioned to principal, she said in class the children will all be quiet & just listen to teachers talk.

Apart from that, all the toys, stationery & washrooms are neat & clean. Their play area is also bigger than that of Agape.

Hi liewb,

Actually what's wrong with Cherie Hearts management?

I also found the place is a bit open. When the principal showed me around, some kids got distracted and kept looking at me, some even waved at me. But I think it's ok for childcare coz most of the time they'll be learning through playing.

Hi Liewb,

I think one of the nosiest kid is my gal. Lol. I do agreed the open concept caused more noise pollution. Maybe the time u visit is preparing kids for lunch or bathing.

Do u know there is a child care in blk 443. Opp Midview. Is affordable. Less than 300 and if i m right, is non profit. Principal very soft spoken. My previous neighbour granddaughter is there and she is very happy there. But is smaller than Cherie Heart due to space constraints.

Hope it helps

Hi Lovely gal,

Found one childcare at blk 443. It's called SCHOOL HOUSE @ CABCY. Is it the one? Also found another one at blk 445, SUNNY BUNNY MONTESSORI INFANT AND CHILD CARE CENTRE but the fee is quite ex.

Any mummies checked them out before?

Hi Disney Mummy

Thanks for sharing. Still monitoring my boy situatin now. Dont think it is getting better.

Hi Siu Suet

Yea that is the one. Sunny Bunny is too ex and I dont think is worth the fee at that area plus i called a few times for enquires, the staffs is not friendly including the principal.

Hi Ginlim,

WHat happen to ur boy? Which school is he now?

Thanks

Hi mummies,

My kids are in Cherie Hearts right now & have been with them for couple of years. But since beginning of yr to now, there been quite a bit of changes, i.e. a big turnover of teaching staffs incl principal. I feel the new staffs aren't as dedicated as the old. And we also had a rather unpleasant incident with one of the staffs.

I checked out Sunny Bunny too, fee is quite ex & area going through lift upgrade. My kid is allergic to dust so didn't consider.

Hi disneymummy,
I have looking at a few Childcare centers in sin Ming and is
Interested in putting my child in agape @central as I
like the curriculum n teachers.
Hence, may I know why did you withdraw your child
From their school last year, so tt I can decide too.
Thanks!

Hi Disneymummy,

My daughter is still at Agape @ mid view at the moment. Been there for almost 3 months already.

However, I am a little unhappy over some recent incidents.

can you share with me the reason why you withdrew your child.

Hi, i am staying in bishan right now just opp midview and have placed my child in Agape Little Uni @ central.
my son has been there for close to a year and a half and i have noticed a tremendous improvement in him. He has become very vocal and his language and maths are so good that i think he will have no problems going to primary one.

highly recommend this school though its new.
they have limited vacancies right now.

im preggy with my second child and i plan to enrol for the infant care but its full!

are you sure you withdraw from agape to go cheriehearts cause i withdraw my child from cheriehearts to agape.

cheriehearts always not enough teachers and turn over rate is so high. have instructed teachers not to shower my child and be careful with skin as he has eczema but they made a mistake more than 3 times and eczema got worse and my son was hospitalised due to neglect.

this is my second cheriehearts centre and i have no faith in them anymore. sorry but its my point of view.

Hi disneymummy,
Thanks for your reply. I have tried changing some of
my profile setting, hope you are able to pm
me.
If you still can't pm me, can you help enlighten
me on how I can change my setting so that I can accept
PM
happy.gif
Thanks!

Hi Elee,

I was thinking more of Helios at Amtech. My friend's daughter is in the school n she has good review of the school.

Don't really like Cherie hearts at midview when i visited them before my daughter was enrolled with Agape.

Hi Elee

I am very sure i withdrawn from agape to cherie heart. I was the first few parents who enrolled my gal since it opened on April 2011. My gal was there for 4 months and had very bad experience. The staff turnover is bad. within the 4 months there, already few teachers changed and staffs either MC or not enough. Even the Indian Principle and Mrs Teo (best Teachers also left the school).

Just checked which cherie heart u enrol? U said u have enrolled to cherie heart and you mentioned the turnover rate is high. Cherie Heart open later than Agape and u already enrol ur child in Agape for 1.5 yrs. Midview city is just opened not long. A year plus too. As for me, I switched to Cherie Heart once it opened since Oct 2011 till now, the teachers are all the same and have added new teachers. At least cherie hearts always got a main teacher and assistant in each class.

BTW my gal also got bad eczema since birth, elbows and knees are very bad too. She also use different soap and cream too.

To me, as long as children are comfortable there and safe, I think that the school is good. I guess different people has different opinion. Above is onli my own experiences and that all.

Will PM my experiences to the rest later cse i do not wan others think that i am badmouthing the school publicly

Thanks

Mummies, there are more parents' reviews on Agape at Midview at another forum (KSP). Can read just to get more information.

Hi Elee, i thought Cherie Hearts Midview only opened late 2011? You switched from Cherie Hearts to Agape and have been with Agape for 1.5 years?

Hi Elee,
I think most important is that the centre your child is in meets your expectation.

Disneymummy thanks, I went to agape during their teaching time to take a look again. The children seems engaged by the activities carried out by the teachers and my child join in for a while and seems quite happy.
Will try out Agape as I like their curriculum.
I have tried out Cherie Hearts near my old place for my elder child and have pull her out after half a year as she is not learning much.
Hope that my younger one can learn more.

disneymummy,

i have enrolled my child in two different cheriehearts in the east as it was previously near my place.
They were unable to carry out proper routine care so i have decided to withdraw my child. Until now i am satisfied with the care given to my child and i like that teachers communicate with me frequently about my child's progress.

i agree with disneymummy too, in addition its best if my child loves the place and learn well. i believe this quote " to each its own" so every parent will have a different definition of what they think it's best for their kids.
happy.gif

Hi mummies, I'm currently looking for a cc to enrol my child for the pg. i jus visited cherie hearts at midview. I'm impressed that they actually understood the vast learning disparity among the tots aged 18-30mths n have divided them into 2 pg. This is not seen at Agape n Red.

However, Red seems to offer a more conducive environment. The space is bigger and there is an in house outdoor playground. They also teach phonics to all levels n use Letterland. Students r taught chinese by Chinese nationals. And according to the supervisor, staff-student ratio for pg is 1:6, relatively low. Based on my observation, students seem happy n teachers look passionate n loving to the kids. Red does seem very attractive except for the steep fees.

Am now divided between cherie hearts n Red. Can share ur views or experience with me? Need some pointers.

Meanwhile, anyone heard abt cherie hearts at Jalan Binchang (opp j8)? Any comments?

Tq in advance.

Hi yummiemummy,

I not heard of the cherie hearts at Jln Binchang. But i know there is another one at that area, open late last year. Forgotten the name and its a big landed house type. THat time I visited them, the student is not alot, maybe because it is new, but environment is not bad though.

Hi Mummies,
Happy New Year to all!

I saw this new preschool called Giving Tre3 when I went to Thomson Plaza last week. I think their webpage is www.givingtre3.com. It was next to Thomson Plaza along the main road. Its a new preschool cum enrichment centre opening in Jan 2013. I decided to go drop by unannounced cos just nice my boy turning 3 next year and I want to put him in Nursery. The lady was very nice and friendly and showed me around the place.

I must say, I loved that place alot!! It was not very big with only 3 classrooms, 1 class being dedicated as a computer lab for their reading enrichment programme and 2 other classrooms. But it was very cosy! Like a home feeling. Their boss is also very sweet and she shared that she's been in the early childhood industry for more than 12 years. I don't really like those big organisations cos most of them just care about the business and making money but I could feel her passion for children even through talking to her.

They also have an outdoor area, although not very big with water and sand play. It was really nicely done up!

They also had reading enrichment and Pri Sch Preparatory programmes. Their reading enrichment programme is from Australia and its partially an online lesson. I think the name is Reading Eggs. Seems very interesting cos I went to the reading eggs website just now and the lessons were very fun. My girl quite likes to play on the computer and I think this will attract her. Besides having the online lessons, the teachers will also conduct activities in the classroom. I think will be a good balance.

They also have this Pri Sch preparatory programme that teaches grammar, maths, comprehension and creative writing to prep kids for P1. Sounds quite good too cos besides English and Maths, they also have this social and emotional learning lessons, something like learning how to listen, problem solving skills, focusing and paying attention etc. Which I feel my girl will need help in....she's quite hyper and can't really focus on a task for long.

They having opening promo now. Got waiver off registration fees and discounts too. I've decided to sign my kids up cos they have sibling discounts too.

I received a flyer this afternoon when I went to Thomson Plaza. Seems like there is a new preschool cum enrichment centre opening beside Thomson Plaza in Jan 2013. They offer playgroup programme (2-4 yrs old), as well as reading enrichment and Primary school preparatory programme.

They have quite an interesting reading programme from Australia. My 3-yr-old kid went for their trial and enjoyed the lesson, cos he got to learn to read the words through online games and activities. I've brought him around many places but he didn't quite like the "worksheets-and-reading" approach in those schools. So, in the end, I've signed him up for the reading class at "Giving Tre3" in Jan 2013.

You may want to check out the centre on their FB:
https://www.facebook.com/GivingTre3

Hi Mummies

I chanced upon this thread while looking for a play sch for my 2 year old.

I live at Sin Ming Ave too, and hv visited Sunny Bunny Montessori. I agree with an earlier user that the principal and teachers are not friendly, in fact, the principal offended me by telling me I should be sending my boy to school to "learn something". My boy was about 20 months then, he was able to sing at least 4 nursery rhymes, knows his number 1-10, and is off diaper. Its so old school to use such tactic to sell.
And I have also witness teachers bringing kids across the road, with kids trailing at the back. I would think the teachers have to ensure that they are behind the young kids AT ALL TIMES!
So no, i wont even consider this montessori.
I intend to send my boy for a 2-3 hour play school, hopefully with a big ground to run about. Any mummies with any recommendation, pls share with me. Thank you:)

The incharge Linda in Agape little uni in mid view city is very irresponsible and always Mia. Called up the school to enquire about infant care last Thursday and was told got 3 vacancies and will call me to arrange a viewing on Fri. She called me and we arranged on Friday at 2pm and she asked me to look for her. I reached at 2pm and the staff told me she went out for lunch . Will be back at 3pm. So I went back at 3pm and she still not around. Another teacher brought me around the infant care.

I went back to consider and decided to enrol my bb to the agape and cancel another school. On Monday , I called to talk to her but again she was not around. I left my contact and name but this time never call back. I called again today she was hold on the line for quite a while then the teacher got back to me and said again she not around . Plus TOLD ME NO MORE VACANCY IN THE INFANT CARE. SHE SAID LINDA HAS OVERLOOKED . I told the staff I have confirmed two times with her and one time with the infant care in charge and was told there are slots. I rejected another side and now u told me no slots and just a sorry.. we have overlooked. Plus the teacher just told me I just get the info from the top.. nothing to do with me.

I felt that the school management has very bad attitude and very irresponsible .

I am glad I didn't enrol my boy inside. I can imagine anything happen.. the in charge will MIA or maybe she don't even know anything inside the school.

Back