1. We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions and their answers at http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/faq-on-using-the-new-forum.21478/

Advice Needed: How to remove milk stain from baby's milk bottle

Discussion in 'Year 2009 Mums' started by blisslive, Apr 6, 2009.

1. blisslive

blisslive Member

Hi

Anyone can share on how to remove milk stain from baby's milk bottle. Had tried to use baby's liquid cleanser however it does not come off.

2. sunglow

sunglow New Member

Hi blisslive

My experience is to soak the bottle with water after my girl finishes the milk....then a while later wash with cleanser and brush...it should come off...

Try and see if it works on the kind of milk powder/milk bottle you use...

3. zolldoll

zolldoll Member

Hi blisslive,

How bout putting some beans in it and shake it with water in it, and then shaking it again with beans but this time without water. It works for me.

4. blisslive

blisslive Member

Hi Zolldoll

What kind of bean you use ?

But if the milk stain had been on the milk bottle for quite awhile already how to remove the stain ?

5. zolldoll

zolldoll Member

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I use red or green beans lor. But if after trying and all else fails, i would advice you to just change the bottle, it would be the best for your child.

6. love_bear

love_bear New Member

A pump of the nuk cleanser, filled the bottle with 1/2 water and washed it with the nuk brush. The nuk brush comes with a teat brush as well.

7. catmon

catmon New Member

blisslive
    u can oso use the rice to put in bottle & shake hard..the stains should be able to remove. It's the same concept as using the beans.

8. thomanda

thomanda New Member

Hi, SIL was just telling over the weekend that she used white vinegar to sterilise the bottles and the stains came off.

hope that helps. [​IMG]

9. annak

annak New Member

Hi, my MIL used jiff to wash off the milk stains on the medela bottles, then used a sterilize tablet to soak for an hour or 2, then boiled the bottles 2 times. I saw that there are some scratches on the inside of the bottles. Are the bottles still safe for using?

10. lanola

lanola New Member

so long as u sterilise bottles shld be okay anna i tink

11. ms_liana

ms_liana New Member

Hi Blisslive,

I used to have milk stain on the milk bottle.I realised that if i soak the bottle with a warm solution made from the liquid cleanser works.
    After feeding, rinse the bottle and soak in the warm solution. Later then wash as per normal and the stain will be removed.. (",)

12. annak

annak New Member

Hi Lanola, thank you for your reply. [​IMG]

13. jinyu

jinyu New Member

Hi Blisslive,
    an article from Parents Mag. latest Nov/Dec issue suggested using toothpaste and it will works wonder to remove the stale milk smell from milk btl.
    Apply a little on the btl brush and brush the btl.

14. babyalice

babyalice New Member

15. wenhojl

wenhojl New Member

Hi,

How abt those milk stain on the sterilizer itself?? I tried scrubbing it but ends up with all the scratches but milk stains still there....

16. holeyman1

holeyman1 New Member

is it just me cos shouldn't a bottle brush be effective?

17. micky00

micky00 Member

Consider twice, thrice to change the bottles. Even there's no stain, periodic bottle replacement is advisable since today plastic bottles r used; and frequent sterilizing does changes the chemical composition of the material.