advice need for gas problem in toddler

akashi2blue

dear mommies,

my girl is 2+ now, she has been battling with bloated stomach/ gas problem since she was born.
whenever she drinks milk, her tummy will become bloated and hard.
she can not fall asleep too due to the bloated tummy. the only way she can sleep is to pass out gas; it is so difficult for her to pass out gas.
and when she pass out gas, it will be accompanied by loud noise (similar to those from an adult).

she always sleeps on her tummy due to the bloated stomach and her quality of sleep is affected by the bloated tummy.

we hv been feeding her Zantac and motilium since she was 1+ but the problem was never resolved.

i have tried almost all bottles with anti-colic function but the problem still persist.
changed several brand of milk formula too. currently she is drinking karihome goat milk.
rid wind and gripe water is not very effective anymore.

may I ask if any mommies faces this problem too.
Can you please help me by giving me some tips to overcome this?
Should I change her diet? feed her any supplement? Are there any other remedies?

Thank you in advance.

My doc used to give my children probiotics. Seemed to have helped. But it still comes back. Gave her lots of Yakut, yogurt and vegetables but not helpful. Now trying massage for her. Seemed to have worked quite well. Went for a total of 1 month n had not heard her complain since then. But we are still going. In case u wanna try them. It is my kids spa. U can find them on face book also. Www.mykidsspa.com

Hi Akashi,

Do you have baby nutritionist?I can give you the contact then they can consult you better.watapps me at 81861573

Hello Babykrista,

my girl is has cow's milk allergy so she can not take yakult and yogurt. And she is a very picky eater...
I just started her on a powdered probiotics manufactured in taiwan. So am waiting for the result *keeping finger crossed*
I tried biogaia probiotics recommended from the PD previously. But her conditions remains the same.

The strange thing is she only get very bad bloated stomach in the evening, else she will be fine during the day.
Is it the same for your child?

Thanks for your recommendation. will discuss my hb about the massage.
Honestly, i only go there for the indoor playgrounds.

Back