ADVICE & HELP!!

jellybnzw

My baby is about 3weeks old and she has started not to sleep in the afternoons! I have problems getting her to sleep and she just simply refuses no matter what I try! My confinement nanny will be leaving in one week and i need help and advice on what are the other possibilities. I have changed her diaper, fed her, pat her..anything and everything!

hi dear~
it's ok for babies not to sleep~
just let them be~
if they too tired they will sleep on their own~
if they are awake talk to them or play some smoothing music lo~
just dont worry too much ya~
as now they are still lying there w/o CL is ok de~
but wait till they 6-8mth onwards w/o a helper will be a big headach!!
hee~
enjoy the time you have with your baby now~
they are the perfect angel~~~

Hi EW, my baby was like yours but I bought the Fisher PRice Rainforest mobile with music and that puts her to sleep. Alternative is to use the yao lan (I never used myself but my friend has). Good luck

Hi ew,
is only 1 or 2 hours or whole of the afternoon?
As the baby grows older, they sleep lesser. Your baby sleeps longer during night time (instead of regular 3 hourly awake)?
Maybe she is adjusting her body clock.

If not, try yao-lan. I used it for my 1st baby but I think I started after 1 or 2 month old cos of the hot weather. You may need to check what age is more appropriate to introduce yao-lan as her bones are still fragile.

Hi my bb also sometimes refuses to sleep. So long as she is not crying/fussing, I will just leave her alone. After a while, she will sometimes fall asleep on her own.

Dear mothers or mothers-to-be, if you are looking for an experienced nanny, feel free to contact my mom by sending me a personal message.

My mom has a lot of experience taking care of children as well as newborn. willing to take care for day and night.

Dear mummy,please advice me.. my 10weeks baby boy dun wan to drk from milk bottle so it very hard for me to leave him with my mother-in-law..Now i cant go back to work..

Hi Princess. Babies are actually very smart. You should not be the one feeding him the bottle. Get your hubby or MIL to feed the bottle. When he is hungry he will drink from the bottle but you cannot let him see you.

Btw, I have a very good condition yao lan (worth $110)I want to exchange for 4 baby boy sets. Let me know if you or any other mummies want to exchange. Thanks!

Princess, maybe you want to change to a larger teat? My baby used to have this problem. But once I changed the teat she started to drink better. I was BF her I think cos I had a good supply so when I got her on the bottle that had a smaller teat she didn't want to drink. But once it was changed it was not problem at all. But I agree with Erynn intially let your MIL feed and you leave the room. Later on you boy will get used to it.Good Luck!

Maybe you can try Avent pacifiers .. my bb got to use them before sleeping or else she just wun sleep

I had to take them out when she's asleep.

hi i m an indian staying in singapore on visitor visa with my husband who is studying here....right now i m 20 weeks pregnant...i went for my regular check up in jurong(west) polyclinic and was referred by doctor to have ADC at NUH....I m bothered about the charges they take from non residents...can anyone please give me an idea of the charges as my appointment is in first week of august....i shall be obliged if anyone helps me out....

hello, mummies.
I will bring my baby boy to Taiwan on 1-May ~ 8-May. He is 15.5 month on 1-May.I don't know what food shall i bring along except milk powder? He eat porridge nowadays, and I don't know can he eat the porridge at those food stalls in Taiwan? I am worry that those porridge is too oily and he will not feeling well.

Any suggestion to me? Thanks a lot!!!

It is recomended that the baby is put to sleep by the person who is not feeding it, because the baby will think of food and refuse to sleep.

Back