Academy Kids or Kiddy Academy

Yes, would like to know of the situation in kiddy academy now.

Have a lot of kids withdrawn?

I was considering if I should withdrawn my kid too

Al Tan,

How old is your kid? Is he in child care?

I am going down this Saturday to see the place and I already have a negative opinion about it but no choice its the nearest one to my place and half the price of my other option which is Brightstar at Suntec.

Hello all,

Really got new supervisor?? Dun think the situation has changed. Every morning sure got infants screaming and crying out their lungs! Plus this cc seems to like to draw all the curtain if not most of it for the infant side, childcare side is ok. The infants and young toddlers look so pitiful at times with the lack of attention. I supposed their mommies never do a check on this cc, their hearts sure break... No offence to anyone.

If u need to put ur kid in cc and he is above 18mths old, U can try NTUC childcare at/near rivervale***, probably 5mins walk from kiddy academy, teacher quality is GOOD. For infantcare, can try My Little Cottage at or near rivervale mall, nice and cosy, nice teachers, motherly towards the infants. I tried both but still withdrew my kid cos I am too bonded to my kid!hahahaha!!

Hi mummies,
(returning to original thread of Academy Kidz vs Kiddy Academy)
Appreciate if you can let me know if infants are properly taken care of in Academy Kidz, Marine Parade Road... thinking of putting my 2 month old there in Oct 08 after he is born end Jul 08.
Thanks very much!

Hi

Heard that the operator of Kiddy Academy (Seng Kang)will be changed. Anyone heard of anything ? Any view

Just want to share what I saw at Academy Kidz today. I saw a couple babies crying and screaming, while the teachers were busy taking care of the other babies. There was obviously not enough staff, or the staff just didn't seem to care. It looked unorganized and chaotic. I heard from a from my aunty living at Laguna Park, that she sees a lot of teachers come and go.

ya i wold like to hear some reviews regarding Academy Kidz. I have already viewed the centre n find the place quite pleasant n comfortable. still deciding whether to put my baby there. my baby is 3 months old n i m only left with half a month to decide whether to place her there before i go back to work.

I suggest you put your baby at little empire at tanjong katong . The teachers are more experience and knowledgeable. Most of the infant teachers have many years experience. It's a non-air-con environment and is very spacious.

hi evonne tee,
thanks for the info,
may i know the charges of the infant care?

hi mummies,
i m staying in bedok reservoir (east side),
beside simei as evonne intro, any other recommendation? charges?

[email protected]

i m going to give birth my baby girl on may-2010,
and my son now is 2 years.

my mother only can help me to take care one of the kid, the other one have to put in child-care,
until now i havent decide which kid to put on child/infant care... might depends on the charges...

any suggestion?

PAULINE

shld send u son to child care
u mother help to take care bb girl

the reason
1 ) child care more cheaper than infant care
2 ) u son is the time to mix arround to independent to learn something
3 ) when bb/toddler go infant/child care they easy to get sick - bb immuse system no so good to put in infant care

my baby just left kiddy academy in feb2010. the infant care teacher angie force my baby to take pacifier, the school bought a pacifier specially for him. when i saw him sleeping with the pacifier, the teacher said that he took it from his friend in the playpen next to him & play with it... until he put it into him mouth & fell asleep with it. how believable is this. all these happening without telling us for 6 months. no wonder he keep crying at night at home. all because he wants his drug - the pacifier!

if you give someone drugs & he doesn't take it, but you keep forcing it on him & he has no choice but to take it, then he has to keep taking it. this is the same situation as giving a pacifier to a baby who does not know anything.

& if he really took it from his baby friend & put into his mouth, what is there to say about the hygiene.

oh & he doesn't put things into his mouth, even food ... so here lies the problem with the explanation that the teacher angie gave.

i asked the school for to explain the matter but no reply from them for the whole 1 month notice period that my baby was still there, everyone pretended nothing happen.

mistake, the year should be feb2011, just last month. already now he is at the new school & sleeping better at night, some nights, he is able to fall asleep on his own after drinking milk.

Hi strengthnblessing - I was just there this morning visiting academy kidz. Very disappointed. I told the owner over the phone that I have a very strict/limited budget, not a Singaporean mum, only 1 income and am trying to start my own business at home. She was very accommodating over the phone and urge me to visit and discuss. When I got there, the woman who greeted me wasn't Grace, the owner, but someone else. However when I arrived, she said "you are so and so?" I said "yes, you must be Grace?". The woman didn't correct me. I only came to find out after almost an hour's tour that she has been deceiving me that she's "Grace". When it came time to discuss the arrangement for the budget I am able to pay, she then said "oh, let me call Grace to discuss" that's when I said "oh, you are not Grace?!" and she just smiled and nodded. Not only that, they were not very accommodating to my budget even though I asked for reduced days eg 2 days or 3 mornings etc - trying to be reasonable with my budget. I said to the woman when I spoke to Grace on the phone, my budget was lower and I have now increased it slightly and she's trying to add another $150 to my budget?! Needless to say, I wasted my time and couldn't wait to get out of there!

Anyway, I personally wouldn't want to send my child to a place where people lie so easily!

hi jacqueline..thanks for the feedback..will keep this in mind when i contact them..sad to hear negative feedback cos their location is really very convenient for me...

After 5 years in Kiddy Academy, with my youngest son (now 5) who has been with the school since he was an infant, we are trying to scout for a better preschool. After the Supervisor, Ms Zaidah, left, the school system seems to have broken into pieces, with unmotivated and shortage of staff, failed regular updates from the teachers regarding the children, and we are quite skeptical with the school curriculum where both of my sons, K1 & K2, share some of the same school works...this is just sad.

Back