A place for the TTCs.. (Trying To Conceive)

hi all, need your advise, now feel very luan after seeing dr ho yesterday...

he said my eggs are there ready for ovulation and advise me to try during these few days but i have already bk my holidays for july, if i try and strike, i will have to foreit 3/4 of my total travel cost. if i cancel now, and ttc, wat happen if dun strike? too many mths of failure has dampen my confidence..

if strike liao, fit to travel?

Karen ~ If strike liao be4 ur travel, not fit to fly. where are u gg? maybe if strike ask ur gynae if it is advisable to travel if short jounry i think is ok lar.
i also cant ttc this mth. cos next mth during the day i fly is either AF report or bb report. hahaa

Karen,

My advise is not to fly when u r preg. I kana M/C after my holiday in Europe.

My gynae v ang moh type, he said fit to fly. But when I m/c, I went for 2nd opinion, my Dr told me that he 70% sure is bcos of my long flight.

Gal,

actually at times i think dun think so much...i hv a fren who went for hol, even took those exciting rides, jump up n down...end up when she came back, then she discover actually she was pregnant

karen,
i think u don't have to be stressed over it now, u should let nature take it's cause ..... if u strike then u strike .....
as a matter of fact, it's not so easy to conceive .....
alot of the TTC jie mei will know what i mean ....

I think even if u BD now, you'll only know if u strike in 6 weeks time so by then u r already back ..... I assume that u'll be back by july

mei - B4 menses a bit of watery discharge n i thought my meses coming liao but on & off menses for 2 days n i find it weird so i quickly call doctor n nurse ask me to test. then i found out that i pregnant liao.

Miracle and XMM,
u girls take good care okie? I know this 6mths temp menopause is prob frustrating since we all want kids so badly, but its for the best, so just tahan a bit, i think u will feel bloated, lower libido, experience vagina dryness and maybe a bit of discomfort, but 6 mths will be over in a jifty!
happy.gif

Lyn,
good morning babe!
294390.gif

I think u might hate me for suggesting this, but do u want to test? How long have u missed your AF?

Yeetay,
yes u shd be able to get the report on the same day, provided u asked! Its the same for all kinds of reports/bloodtests etc, the x-ray dept/lab will surely prepare 2 copies of the report, 1 for u, and 1 for your gynae. If u dun ask, they will send both copies to your gynae lor. But actually the physical report is not so impt lah, wat's impt is that u ask the radiologist whether your tubes are okie or not... if u dun ask... then u have to wait 2 weeks later when u next visit your gynae lor... do u want to wait? hee...

There are very rare cases of allergic reactions, so far only heard of 1 case here. And nope i'm not given antibiotics, only given a pad, hee... so u may want to bring your own pad, since hospitals will usually give those thick and uncomfy pads... there will be very slight bleeding and of cos the dye, i didn't feel any pain after HSG (but i got bad cramps during the procedure, i guess u may be right abt people with blocked tubes getting bad HSG cramps).

naturally,
yah, u r rite, one of the symtom of menopausal is lower libido .....
HB was worried and he asked if I'll have lower sex drive during the 6 mths and gynae said YES and she suggested HB to be more imaginative to get me in bed ...... hee hee hee .... ok, I shall see how creative HB is ..... hah hah hah
happy.gif

naturally,

for your HSG..is the radiologist male or female?
I really fear having a male radiologist....called up tmc to make appointment for HSG liao....

Lyn,
u haven't empty your bin ah? okie okie, sorry i really shdn't be so notti to tempt u! Just maintain your current mood hor, very scared u feel depressed all over again! Aiya, so many of us accompany u in this waiting game, why u depressed???

I think i have to wait at least 2 more cycles to do my IUI... cos this cycle (which i can't do IUI) i likely O from good side! I can feel my right ovary aching leh... on one hand i'm happy i have chance to try naturally this cycle, but one the other hand, very tui that cannot do IUI!

XMM,
Oh, for dryness, u shd go and buy pre-seed!!! go go go!!!
294410.gif

Choo...
u paiseh male radiologist? U can always specify for a female one, right? We are consumers mah, we have a right to request, heehee!

naturally,

can't leh..cos tmc dun have female radiologist ah!!
sad.gif
for your case,the radiologist male?
I know I will be given one surgical gown...but the tot of opening up my legs....is so .....though they may have seen so many till numb liao..but alamak me....just can't get over my own barrier....my gynae has given me some painkillers in case got bad cramps...

confused.. thanks..
happy.gif
not testin anymore coz goin gynae this sat.. keke got see my PCOS gettin better onot
happy.gif
got scannin mah.. if lucky.. will get to see a little sac lor.. haha :p no worries...
happy.gif
btw i notice that my nipple got alots of small tiny white white dot leh.. wondering wats that.. no sore boobs.. nothin else.. still the same :p

jenny: almost same case as u, if strike, the time to know next mth, i would have already paid the full sum for the holiday. will be going to hokkaido, though not very long hrs but 6 hrs also quite xiong right.

XMM: based on my many mths of trying, i experience the diff of ttc-ing that why i dun dare to cancel away the holiday now and jus forfeit the deposit cause sikali if next mth dun strike, i will jump ah..

Karen,

I think u shld juz try n go 4 ur hol...

dun think so much..let nature takes it course....

anyway, doesnt mean now is the best time to do means u will strike also....

or nvr noe, may now u do...u wont stress urself so much cos u will focus more on ur hol then u will strike...

i think u shld juz let nature takes it course...

Choo
I did my HSG in TMC.. I m allocated a male radiologist but they will have a lady assistant and a lady staff nurse present during the HSG procedures.. the lady assistant will chit chat with U to let u forget about the minor pain U will experience during HSG..
happy.gif

Sandy,

thanks for the assurance...phew! finally got a litte bit of courage to call up to do HSG...really hope i won't freak out last min...
for the change of surgical gown they will pass to you and let you go to the room to change first?

Now praying that my tubes are alright..if not..sigh...i dun know how i will deal with it...

Choo
The staff nurse will pass U the surgical gown and show U to a changing room where there are lockers inside for U to keep your clothings.. remember to take the key out from the selected locker and keep with U till yr HSG is over..

When it is your turn, the staff nurse will bring U to the x-ray room and ask U to lie down on the table to wait for the radiologist and his assistant to come.. the procedures will be approx 15 mins or so..

chubby fish, xmm, juliana n poohmum - thanks. *Baby Dust to u gals* hope to hear good news from u gals soon. jia you
happy.gif

So sorry that i cant chat with u gals all the time cos got alot of work to do. (juz back to office after having 1mth mc) stress ah.

xmm,
aiyo, pls dun call yourself stupid! U only did lapro on your womb, not your brain leh, heehee!
lol.gif
I also didn't know wat is preseed until the girls here mention... it is a lubricant, like KY jelly, but better than KY jelly cos it mimics slippery fertile CM and therefore is also conducive to TTC.

Or perhaps u can just try any lubricant off the shelves first... come to think abt it, pre-seed is quite expensive leh... 6 applications=$39.90. Hey let us know when u can start ttc-ing, then we tell u where to buy! (At this Pan-Malayan pharmacy and some polyclinics)

Choo,
Mt A has... i know they at least have 1 female radiologist... do u think u can request to go Mt A instead?

Oh Choo, u already made the appt for HSG at TMC? Then forget wat i said!
happy.gif
Yah, u'll be fine, be brave and just let the doc do the job!
happy.gif

naturally...

yup..will be done at tmc...really pray hard that my tubes are fine...any idea if both tubes really blocked then wat can be done?

elmo,

how are u feeling?
happy.gif

naturally,
thanks for the explanation!
I think maybe for the time being, I'll just get those off the rack KY gel lor since this Preseed is too expensive leh ....
But where is this Pan-Malayan pharmacy?

Elmo,
thanks!

mei2,
sometimes yes... most of the time it's the creamy type.

choo, i'm ok... last night still has some brownish and pinkish discharge...today ok...
given another 2 days leave...
didnt managed to see bb today... doc say could be too small cos happen before...so took some hcg blood test again just in case...
a bit worried....:p

jenny,
doesn't matter lah since i not TTC mah as i m on menopaus for 6 mths ..... so wat if KY gel kills the sperm ....

seems like many TTC Jie Meis have graduated ..... will i be the last gal remaining in this forum talking to the new comers???

Choo,
i think can go thru a surgical procedure to "unblock" the tubes... but hor, if it happens to me, i think i will skip directly to IVF! Cos no guarantee tat this additional procedure will make u conceive mah... But of cos i'm no doc, this is just my own opinion lah...

So no worries, there's always a solution to everything! Maybe no quick solution lor... but at least we're living in the 21st century with advanced med technologies, we are much more fortunate than our parents' generation leh!

So when is your appt?

naturally,

ok will ask my gynae wat can be done if really got blocked tubes!! I always prepare for the worst cos I know I have to be mentally prepared....

you are right..we are living in such advanced century..but in the past generations..they dun seem to have problem conceiving....one after another...for them,contraceptive is wat they really need....unless us now....

how long have u been ttc?
my appointment is tentatively booked next monday but got to monitor my AF flow..like a bit leh...weird....

halo ladies,
wah after 2 days of mc
so busy today, gt so much things to clear!

XMM n Miracle,
I pray both of u will strike soon after 6 mths of temp mp,
meanwhile relax n enjoy ML like just got married
happy.gif

Choo,
all the best to ur HSG
it will be alright
we are all here to support u,jia you
happy.gif

Elmo,
ya dun worry too much
just rest well for the next 3 days
u will be able to see sac on sat liao
happy.gif

Val,
thanks! I will...
me going to sleep liao.. just took an injection... so a bit sleepy liao.... :p (I'm gonna have to take injection twice weekly liao. ) hiaz....

Back