A place for the TTCs.. (Trying To Conceive)

naturally,

thanks for the info. So can we ttc during the treatment period or I have to wait till i recover before I can start ttc again.

think my EPO dosage is small, but will stop before O lor.

valerie, i think my cycle reduce to around CD31-32 liao. So will stop eating EPO ard CD14 too.

Me CD12 today, have not detect any EWCM yet and bbt is fluctuating a lot. think can only depend on my saliva OPK and the 2 urine OPK ling gave me.

naturally

hanor..very very stressed... I stressed till hor now alread CD39 and still no AF...
Will walk-in to dr teoh clinic tomorrow..
my doc recommendation...hai~~~ the big 'H' word lor..
sad.gif

mei_may/beautiful,
It's ok to take EPO generally. Some gals here have commented that EPO makes cyst grow bigger or aggrevate Endo... I think if you are not sure, can check with Gynae....
I myself think tat EPO helped in relieving PMS symptoms and in some way, also help me to recover from my thyroid, so you have to see individual conditions...

sunflower, is the sinseh still in the toa payoh clinic? clementi is too far for me. he is expert in which area? can give me his name and contact? thanks.

beautiful,
His clinic is in clementi, just a walking distance from the clementi MRT station. I tink it is better for you to see him in his clinic, though he also volunteer in zhong hua clinic, but he only attended to the male-infertility group. Female side will be see by another group of doctors. Do you have msn? I can give u the contact there.. btw his clinic is open during the weekend morning as well..
happy.gif

hipee: thks for the info, KKH really take so long har? i don't think i can wait so long - are you now waiting for your 2nd appt?

beary: yeah, i'm going in as a subsidised patient as i'm already seeing another pte gynae at TMC.

the reason why i'm seeking a second opinion is that the tmc gynae didn't mention the s/e of clomid when he prescibed it for me. so i;m kinda worried what other things he may have 'forgotten' to tell me.

but with hipee's experience, it may seem like a waste of time to go KKH because i'm suppose to be on clomid by end of this mth. now at a lost to what to do. sighs.

beautiful: i've not started on temp charting - the gynae didn't mention anythng abt it. and i have no idea when to start. i'm now on norethisterone to induce AF. so i'm not sure if temp charting will work for me.

anyone knows when from the last day of taking clomid will ovulation take place?

sunflower/beautiful: there are quite a number of side effects (s/e) from taking clomid

i cut and paste from another website here:

What Are The Side Effects of Clomiphene? (clomid)
Clomiphene citrate is rarely associated with life-endangering complications. The most common side effects are hot flashes, minor visual disturbances, headaches, irritability and anxiety. In some cases, your period may be lighter or heavier than usual, and your cycles may be longer or shorter than usual. The side effects are temporary and subside once clomiphene is stopped. In some cases, ovarian cysts may develop and remain for 4-6 weeks following discontinuation of clomiphene. These cysts are usually harmless. Very rarely, a large number of cysts will develop in association with very high levels of estrogen, resulting in accumulation of free fluid in the abdominal area and symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal distention. This is referred to as the Hyperstimulation Syndrome and is very rare in association with clomiphene. It occurs more commonly (although still fortunately quite rare) in association with HMG/FSH therapy. If you experience any of these symptoms, call your doctor immediately.

for those who want to know how it works can click on this link.

http://www.fertilitext.org/p2_doctor/clomid.html

hope this is useful to all the gal who are on clomid.

babymaking
hmm... if you are seeking 2nd opnion, then hor dun go in as subsidised patient leh cos they will assign MO to you and you gonna waste your time again... why not seek 2nd opnion at Mt E or asked for a consultant or above ?? Think they will be more patient and experienced to answer your question leh..

I seeked 2nd opnion at Mt E and topmorrow seeing Dr Teoh for 3rd opnion liao...

I juz go out make b'fast for a while, u girls post so fast.

Val, thanks for ur concern. Actually, my job is not tat tiring. I think i'm even more tired nowadays than my working days. My HB said luckily i'm not working now, or else how to cope?

Bbmaking, sorry i missed out ur question on EWCM. But i think the girls had replied to u.

Carrie, i detected my EWCM on CD15 n abit on 16. When r u going BKK? In these few days???

Beary...
oh, yah i remember that! U must change gynae! If my fren's gynae can be so supportive of her desire to have kids, why not yours?! Jia you, hope Dr Teoh will be able to help u!
happy.gif

Carrie,
no worries, that's why i say thyroid problems easy to cure, even if u want to ttc, also can, heehee... there is another type of med that is safe for fetus.
happy.gif

Elmo...
oh dear, i shdn't have posted so much on BBT! Sorry for stressing u... your hubby is right, in His time, my dear, in His time...
happy.gif

beary: thks for yr advice. the reason why i didn't consider pte gynae is their fees, i'm already seeing one at tmc and it cost a bomb with all the tests and such. each visit is like min $70 to $100plus. further if i do decide to start on clomid, further tests will be required and i need to budget for those as well.

so it's solely financial that i'm considering KKH.

beary: what's your situation like? did a second opinion help?

maybe i should just let it be and see how it goes? i got an appt this fri at KKH. *still thinking*

gals, i don't know if this is normal or what. but i've been having nightmares and have trouble concentrating on anything else except TTC - how to deal with it har? and it's only my first cycle - anyone has tips on how to deal with it?

yes am waitg for 2nd appt. I hv regular menses but just want to hv general checkup for both of us.Also i hv started ttc less than 6 mths.I am hoping i wont need to go for my 2nd appt!!

U can try ring up KKH to bring forward ur 1st appt.There could be an earlier date than those given by Polyclinics.For 2nd appt, i m not sure if u could bring forward the appt.
U could also ring KKH for appt ( ie non subsidised..in which case shd be same as other pte hosp) if u want 2nd opinion.

babymaking,
Thanks for your info on clomid. This cycle me on first course clomid.. so far no side effect.. (*touchwood) hopefully next cycle also dun have.. hehe..

babymaking (babymaking),
KKH first appt cost S$20. Dont go with high hopes for first class service. u will be seeing medical officer. I hvnt been to a pte gynae so not sure what it is.
dont worry, u only started 1 cycle....its normal not to strike with 1 cycle.

Nightmares....try not to think so much. very stressful and very difficult to pass days. I read quite a bit last 2mths but am cuttg down ...kinda scare myself if I read too much.

I keep myself occupied with other non ttc stuffs.

meiMay: some cyst do go away by itself. ur gynae will sure monitor on the growth of ur cyst. dun worry so much... i tried 3 cycles.. give up.... 4th cycle strike...

elmo: hmmm i bought than my own clothes with tt amt leh... not alot cos all one set one set one...

nik: u say the girls post so fast.. i just got back to pick my dogs, my eyes already gng to dropped.

babymaking: dun get too stress.... hmmmmmm

sunflower: u are welcome. hope you strike in yr next cycle.

hipee: thks for the mental picture of KKH. will moderate my hopes. i read that if one don't strike on the first cycle of clomid, the chances of striking gets lower and lower as the number of cycles, so i'm kinda worried.

but then you are also right - worrying this early also counter productive. i've just started reading up about ttc 2 weeks ago and i've already 'stressed' myself up. lol - really must relax.

ling: thks. hope not to stress so much also, it's counter productive. but then hor, like what i told my hubby. u say don;t stress, can don;t stress meh? stress means stress lor. *grins*

eh, by the number of my postings in here for the last half hour or so, u can see that i'm still very hyper on this topic and can't concentrate on anything else whilst at work.

LOL

hmm...elmo
dun be too stress
so long as af hv nt come, still got hope
happy.gif

nik,
gd thing u nt working
preggie will make u more tired one
rest more
happy.gif

babymaking, i agree with hipee - keep yourself occupied with non-ttc stuff. relax. taking bbt is very easy. you can check with your gynae during your next visit on this option, maybe earlier he felt that clomid will be sufficient for you?

beautiful,
just to add on....
u attending cell grp?
cos i find that cell grp will give alot of moral support n blessings frm one another
currently, I am hosting cell in my house, so blessed!

if u want to find out more frm my church,
can PM me
happy.gif

soli gals,
for being side track :p

beautiful,
I have heard that some ladies strike after afew courses of clomid. And some managed to ovulate on their own after they stop clomid too.. so I believe it will not have much effect on the chances ba.

Hi Ling,
oh, then tat's not too bad....Think I misunderstood. I thot u bought 200 sets of bb clothes!! kekekekekeeeee.....
hahahahahaaaaa.....
Is it cheap? Where u bought it from?

Hi Naturally,
Not your fault leh.... continue to post for the benefits of others.... I think I'm stressing myself lah... a bit anxious.... cos I'm the type of Gan Jiong person and like to know wat is happening... I will try to take it easy....
happy.gif

I ordered more OPK tis morning cos I'm running out... at least from the BBT I know what is going on earlier rather than wait for AF to appear, maybe too late to order... thinking positively, actually it does help to know also
happy.gif

Hi Val,
I think I more or less accepted the fact tat I didnt strike tis mth... I'm ok lah...at worst when AF comes, just feel down and cry a bit... but now I'm prepared, so shd be ok.....

hi elmo (dec_bride)

sorry to hear that you didn;t strike this mth.

would like to find from where you order your OPK (i'm assuming that's ovulation kits - i'm new to ttc so a lot of the terms, i;m just guessing)

and when is a good time to test for ovulation?

any help is appreciated.

Hi babymaking,
you can try the website below:
http://www.babywishes.org/

Yes! OPK means Ovulation Kits. You are good!
happy.gif

Depending on your cycle days... you may like to start testing on CD10 if u typically have a 28 days cycle.... there would be instruction telling u which day to start testing. I dun have the instruction with me right now so cant really remember which day for how many CD....
happy.gif

baby making,
I got this off the web for you, hope tis helps

Cycle
Day Length Start
21 5
22 5
23 6
24 7
25 8
26 9
27 10
28 11
29 12
30 13
31 14
32 15
33 16
34 17
35 18
36 19
37 20
38 21
39 22
40 23
41 24
42 25

Hi nik,

Yes, going bkk on thursday. And is between CD15 to CD19. Will be bring my OPK there to monitor.

Hi naturally,

ok, think not very serious hor. With the help of medication, think will recover easily. Now I not so worried.

Naturally,
Really.... dun feel bad....
I'm glad tat I know in fact, if not I will also be searching the web frantically to get an answer....
I'm Ok lah... will try to take it in my stride....
happy.gif

Mai Worry! Ok?

thanks naturally. not sure if got chance. 'cos just now i measure my temperature, seems normal leh. 36.7 only not hight hor?

elmo (dec_bride)

Thanks, will check out the website. Thks for telling me abt the cycle days, i;'m not sure if i got it. need to read a bit more. i don't know how to count my CD since i will be on clomid then.

hi beautiful,

you asked the question if chances of getting pregnant is slimmer with repeated clomid use.

here's an article which may be useful.

How long can I take it?
Generally, research shows that if it doesn't work in 4 -6 cycles, it isn't going to work. However, if you take a break and start over, perhaps adding the HCG, then you start the 4-6 cycles over again.

taken from
http://www.cushings-help.com/pcos-clomid.htm

hey elmo,

which OPK do you use or which is the better one? got lost by so many choices.

how many kits shd i start of with and do you know how long it takes to reach singapore?

also anyone else ordering OPK in the next few days? perhaps can compile the order.

naturally

keeping my fingers crossed and hopefully Dr Teoh can give me good news tomorrow...

babymaking - my second opinion is also no good news so tomorrow seeking 3rd opnion. You are right, seeing KKH doc as pte patient is not cheap leh cos I am classified as pte patient and each visit cost at least $100 - $150..

Back