4yo child Bed-Wetting problem

Lostkitty

Recently I have being training my 4yo girl not to wear diaper at night and occasionally wake up at night to go toilet. However, she gave me this feeling that she is not ready.

1st & 2nd week: she was asked to wake up at about 2am to urine and is able to sleep thru the rest of the night. This happen when she don't drink too much water in the evening. Only 1 time bed-wetting.

Occasionally, she will bed-wetting one or twice on some week.

For the past 2 days, she has being bed-wetting. I wonder if this could due to drinking lots of water in the evening. Her last toilet time was at about 10pm and I tot she could hold on till 1 or 2 am for me to wake her up.

Worst part was I told her to call me if she needs to urine, but she did not. Only 1 time she call out to me but she has already urinated on bed. Even when she has urinated on bed, she don't tell me but slept thru the night with her cold buttock.

I have keep telling her to call me if in need to go toilet but she did not. I asked her can she do it, she say YES but in actual fact is CAN'T.

Somehow I feel that she was not ready to diaper-free.
How should I train her to sleep thru and call me if in need to urine? Please help.....:(:(:(

Follow ur gut feeling. The answer seems clear. She isn't ready. Diaper her up at night n get ur beauty rest. Just ignore those comments that go "huh ur child not toilet trained yet ah"... thats what we did until we found our boy having dry diapers consistently at night... then we took diaper off n it was really easy.

She has being diaper-free for the past few weeks and if I'm getting her to wear diapers again, it seems all the training's have gone wasted.

However, Just yesterday night, my girl pee ard 10pm then at 11.40pm I get my girl up to pee. She told me don't have and eventually I told her off. At least a little bit of pee also can. Waited about 15mins plus then she pee a little bit. I get so angry at her that I warned her not to pee on bed. Then before 1am, my hubby get her up to pee also nothing. Then on 2.20am, I get my girl up to pee and again, nothing. I told her to pee since I get her up but she was in dreamland. Head nodding here and there. Eventually, I get so mad in the middle of the night, she pee nothing.
icon_frustrated.gif

In the end, she did not urine on bed. I'm not sure if it good or bad news.
I wonder if she was afraid of me scolding her again and thats y she did not pee or has she really learn how to control her bladder. I wonder...

Its always stressful to have certain milestones not met... Just ur child take her pace. My girl potty trained at age 2yo 3mths. Doesn't wet the bed either! I was so happy. Then alas, 4mths down the road when I had my second child, my elder one insists on being diapered again. I gave away all my left over diapers, now I just stocked up again. It's a yoyo game here. Just have to be happy that I saved 4mths of diapers. Better than nothing... Now start all over again. All I can say is Jia you!!! It's hard and frustrating but, we have to go through it. Like all things, it will pass... Worse in her terrible two age so lagi cannot reason. I just grit my teeth and tahan...

Then may I know which is better option for night time training: Disposable diaper or training pants? I'm thinking of saving cost cos if that day her diaper was dry, I have to throw away the dry diaper which is like throwing money into dustbin.

N yes, I'm confused on timing and frustrated on my girl whom never call me up to pee. So I have to slowly let it go and go with the flow.

She has being diaper-free for the past few weeks and if I'm getting her to wear diapers again, it seems all the training's have gone wasted.

However, Just yesterday night, my girl pee ard 10pm then at 11.40pm I get my girl up to pee. She told me don't have and eventually I told her off. At least a little bit of pee also can. Waited about 15mins plus then she pee a little bit. I get so angry at her that I warned her not to pee on bed. Then before 1am, my hubby get her up to pee also nothing. Then on 2.20am, I get my girl up to pee and again, nothing. I told her to pee since I get her up but she was in dreamland. Head nodding here and there. Eventually, I get so mad in the middle of the night, she pee nothing.
icon_frustrated.gif

I wonder if she was afraid of me scolding her again and thats y she did not pee or has she really learn how to control her bladder. I wonder...

Personally I feel that there's no hurry in toilet training at night. Based on what you have tried getting her up in the middle of night to pee, got angry...I think it's too stressful for both you, your hubby and your girl. In the end, all of you didn't get good rest. Just let nature take its course.
My eldest daughter still bedwetting at 7 years old. Somehow and I don't know how, she just overcame it.
So just let it be for now....

Why make the whole family so stressed? If she is not ready, she is not ready. If she is holding in her pee juz because she is afraid u will scold her, it may lead to bladder infections.

Take it easy, get some well-deserved beauty sleep and put her back in diapers. U will know when she is bodily ready ☺

Im sorry to say that u are stressing your girl and waking her up in the mid of the night to pee will make her tired the next day. Take it easy and slowly, You can encourage her instead of throwing your frustration and anger at her. Eg.. reward or praise her when next day she didnt wet her bed.

By the way, my girl is turning 5yo soon but i still diaper her at night. If next day, the diaper is dry, both of us will be super happy. If no, then i will tell her its ok.

Don't hv to be stress over this...when your child is ready, she will let you know. My elder son was the 1 who told me he wan to go diaperless at night when he was 4....without me training him, and so far only 1 accident within 2 years. My younger one is already 5, and he isn't ready yet when I asked him..and his diaper is always so full and heavy in the morning when he wakes up. But we hv set a date for him to try

My elder girl was only off diapers at night when she was like k1 or k2. IMHO no rush if she is not ready. A good night sleep is way more important than disrupted sleep .
When she is ready , training will be much easier. My girl requested off diaper and apart from a few accidents she went off diaper easily

icon_frustrated.gif

Hi Mummy. My boy is turning 4 in nov and still wearing diapers to sleep at night. After seeing your post, I kinda ask myself if it's necessary for them to be trained now? I always thought that whenever they are ready, they will be ready and we don't need to train them as they will outgrow it. Is it really necessary to train them?

Hi Mummy. My boy is turning 4 in nov and still wearing diapers to sleep at night. After seeing your post, I kinda ask myself if it's necessary for them to be trained now? I always thought that whenever they are ready, they will be ready and we don't need to train them as they will outgrow it. Is it really necessary to train them?

My gal is 4 yrs old too and shes only wear diapers at night to sleep. I feel that they will let us know when they do not want to wear diaper anymore, just as when she told me that she do not want to wear it during day time so I guess, whenever they are ready, they will be ready to let us know.

I have a life story to share:
I had bed wetting until the age of 12+. My mum tried a lot of method, even cook pig's bladder for me to eat... (Don't know where she got this folk prescription) She also cried while changing my bed sheet in the middle of the night, thinking if I was being cursed by God, why I can't be like other normal kid that stop bed wetting as they grow up. She even punished me, asked me to stand beside the bed for the rest of the night. I can still remember all this...
I don't know what I did wrong. I only can remember most of the time when I had bed wetting, I was having a dream that I'm peeing in the toilet, then leads to bed wetting. So I learnt that whenever I am peeing, I will ask myself if this is a dream, then I will wake up.
I think the best solution is still to drink less water at night and pee before sleep. Let time cure it. Don't worry too much.

Same feel here. I was also having dream that i'm peeing in the toilet, but then its actually im not. Yes, best is not to drink too much water before sleep and Yes, time can cure it cuz its happen to me!

My gal is 4 yrs old too and shes only wear diapers at night to sleep. I feel that they will let us know when they do not want to wear diaper anymore, just as when she told me that she do not want to wear it during day time so I guess, whenever they are ready, they will be ready to let us know.

Hi Mummy,

Yea I thought so too. My boy was toilet trained during the day time in his school. But night time he's with us. So I'm not sure if I should start training. He did tell me that he doesn't want to wear diapers at night previously, but I told him that he has to because we tried 2x but he urinated on the bed....

maybe she is not ready.. my boy is coming to 5.. toilet train during the day since 2.5 yrs old..but night time still got diapers.. if he is ready to go diaper-less at night..he will let me know.. but for now becoz he still drinks his milk before sleep.. occassionally he will wake up with wet diapers.. so i rather wait until we stop the milk then we remove the diaper

I m also trying 2 go diaperless with my 3 yr old.

However, i feel dat when she is ready she will tell me. Hence, I just praised her when d diaper is dry in d morn.... N every nite, when i m putting on her pj, i will ask her if she wans diaper or panties. If she chooses diaper, I will just tell her 2 try 2 go potty instead of peeing into d diaper.

I think giving pressure may make things worst, thu i may b wrong.

No child is the same. Don't compare yours with people or benchmark - u only give yourself and your child unnecessary stress.
My girl insisted to poo in her pampers even when she was 4yr old. Any form of coerce, scolding or encouragement doesn't work. Then few months after her 4th birthday, she suddenly refused to wear pampers even to bed. She goes toilet before sleep, and wakes me up at 5or 6am if she really needs to pee.
When they are ready, they will do it.

Good afternoon,

We are from Little Angel's Closet.

You may wish to consider our training pants! Our items are from a Japanese Company and we had received good feedback from our customer since launched.

For more seasoned boys and girls who had been training for sometime, you may consider some training pants which look like skirts or pants when you go out with them so as not to overlay them with another pants after wearing the training pants!

http://www.littleangelscloset.com/store/c25/Training_Pants_&_Water_Proof_Undergarments.html

Feel free to take a look at the range of baby and children wear we offer. We also offer swim diapers too!
Hope to be of your service and have a pleasant day ahead!

http://www.littleangelscloset.com/

Regards,
Little Angel's Closet

My daughter is now 4yo turning 5 in april Have stopped wearing diapers since 3yo. Started by sleeping without diaper for nap time. Once she is ready, then tried w/o diaper overnight.
I am pretty lucky that she only wet the bed ard 3x.

Hi mummies,

I would like to share back massage practice to mummies who have child bed wetting. Some my friends applied and their child stopped bed wetting as well as no need to go to the toilet at mid night.
Kindly to inbox me then I can share in detail with clip and steps.

Regards,

I was still wetting my bed when I was in primary school.. same thing, dreamt that i was in the toilet peeing then i peed on the bed.
Eventually I outgrown it after age 10...

Back