2WW - for those TTC-ing

Sleeping with mouth open also will affect reading but hey 33.ish is way not norm. You're closing on a cold blooded animal like a snake at 30. :p Your thermometer should be a goner.

ya lo... crazy when I saw my reading to be so low...I tried taking it again a few hours later, then temp higher....
last fri when I go gp, the temp I got from ear scanning thermometer is 36.9... more normal...

ya lo... crazy when I saw my reading to be so low...I tried taking it again a few hours later, then temp higher....
last fri when I go gp, the temp I got from ear scanning thermometer is 36.9... more normal...
wa..i think your thermometer spolit la....

Ya lo... I always buy this type of thermometer spoilt de... no fate with these types.. haiz.. guess I have to buy a ear thermometer or a BBT thermometer.... anyone can recommend me any good BBT thermometer coz I have a ear scanning type but with my in laws as my girl is with them during weekdays... I will only take it back when my girl is still unwell when she is back home with us on weekends or PH..

Ya lo... I always buy this type of thermometer spoilt de... no fate with these types.. haiz.. guess I have to buy a ear thermometer or a BBT thermometer.... anyone can recommend me any good BBT thermometer coz I have a ear scanning type but with my in laws as my girl is with them during weekdays... I will only take it back when my girl is still unwell when she is back home with us on weekends or PH..
your thermometer you got put it under your tongue when taking temperature?

Oh bbt can put in armpit? I thought only under tongue (yes must shut the mouth) or vaginal. I read that vaginal reading is most accurate. But....a bit weird to be doing that first thing in morning daily. I feel.

Oh bbt can put in armpit? I thought only under tongue (yes must shut the mouth) or vaginal. I read that vaginal reading is most accurate. But....a bit weird to be doing that first thing in morning daily. I feel.
Oh, I did not know that... so must put under tongue to take reading.. Ear reading ok ma?
Hey I agree, it is so weird to take vaginal reading...

I have done some readings on bbt before....and I was very into bbting la. But now stop already. No no on sticking into armpit nor ear. It is different from measuring a fever. Maybe this explains why your numbers are weird. Tomorrow try the mouth ya.

And nope, bbt cannot use the ear scan one. Sorry you got all wrong so far. Hee.

ImageUploadedByForum1419821889.389277.jpg

Using this.

I have done some readings on bbt before....and I was very into bbting la. But now stop already. No no on sticking into armpit nor ear. It is different from measuring a fever. Maybe this explains why your numbers are weird. Tomorrow try the mouth ya.

And nope, bbt cannot use the ear scan one. Sorry you got all wrong so far. Hee.
Thanks redvel:) now I got it. Thanks for advising:)

I can't really see the brand of the thermometer.. is this the bbt thermometer?

Yea. Armpit not recommended. I am measuring via mouth n under tongue. N whether u sleep with aircon on or not, affects reading too. Must keep ur environment the same to be accurate. I have disruptive sleep as i approach my af day. I think tat is a factor too

For me also no difference sleeping in air con or not.

But disturbed sleep will. Therefore whenever I don't get 4-5 hours sleep straight, I won't bother to temp that day as not accurate anymore. It's ok to skip on some days. And also note to temp at about same time daily. Cannot one day 6am then another day 730am. Likewise, if I don't get up at same time, I also won't temp. Don't measure for the sake of measure.

Guess i have weaker body, so i experience the slight difference.

Got my 2nd bfn today. Looks like i am really going to count down my af on 31st

Hugs cycle bud. I also tested bfn today so we can countdown tgt lol. We jiayou tgt in 2015 k.
Hi chloe,cyclebud,tmr I am gg to have my tested for ovaluation level...last teSt indicates that my ovaluation level v low thus not pregnant..hope this time level of ovaluation is high and positive

Hugs everyonesss. I will be receiving 2015 with Ovulation so I will have a NY date with her.

Let's welcome our Ovulations with open arms and bygones to 2014 soon.

I bought the bbt thermometer last week but only take my temp this morning for the first time. It showed 35.95! Is this considered low? I'm at cd8 today.

It is normal for pre-o temp to be low. But personally, i think urs is low too. Mine is 35.8 and my temp spike only hit 36.1. I dont think my temp now can get preg. So low compare to others

Personally I feel the whole purpose of bbt is to see if we ovulate that cycle. To spot the temp shift. And also perhaps to see if our luteal phase is in healthy range. I used to be very obsessed with bbt that I couldn't take it if I missed a day of temping. Even on weekend I would set my alarm clock to 630am just to make the reading.

I didn't realize that it caused me so much stress and I wasn't sleeping well (wary that I might oversleep and couldn't temp right). When I decided to quit, which Im glad I did, I felt so much better and surely been sleeping better.

I studied my charts too much and giving myself stress when I finally saw my temp dipped for AF to be turning up.

If I would resume bbt, I would only use it around my ovulation phase. And once I see the temp hike, I would stop (and perhaps also do one last bd) as it means ovulation has taken place. No point temping anymore as my temps always look consistent throughout.

So if you think bbt is too stressful, can try this method if you just wanna catch the end of bd and of course if you suspect you don't ovulate (can seek medical help). Other than that, I think it's more worth it that we sleep well.

My pre o temp used to be this low (35.8 to 36) and I did conceive before with that range so I think not to worry. Now my pre o temp is 36.2 but still no bfp le. But my post o temps always hover around 36.48-36.7.

Maerceci do you mean your whole luteal phase is not more than 36.1?

Normally if take temp using normal digital thermometer during mid-day should be around 36.6.. Something like that. Actually i just take for fun this morning cuz thinking since buy a bbt thermometer liao, might as well use it. Then when i see 35.95, i was so shocked.

Any idea how to increase my temp?

My pre o temp used to be this low (35.8 to 36) and I did conceive before with that range so I think not to worry. Now my pre o temp is 36.2 but still no bfp le. But my post o temps always hover around 36.48-36.7.

Maerceci do you mean your whole luteal phase is not more than 36.1?
Yes. Nv once exceed 36.1

Normally if take temp using normal digital thermometer during mid-day should be around 36.6.. Something like that. Actually i just take for fun this morning cuz thinking since buy a bbt thermometer liao, might as well use it. Then when i see 35.95, i was so shocked.

Any idea how to increase my temp?
Hi Hamburger, where did you get the BBT thermometer? I tried looking for one at Guardian but none is on sale. I guess it is out of stock...

Maybe your thermometer is the one got QC problem, maerceci. Unusually low for post o le.

Hamburger, mid day and bbt temps can be very far apart. It won't be close. My mid day is 36.8 to 37.

Maybe check with your TCM? Are you also exercising regularly?

don't read too much into the temps, coz it can depend on how you measure and if there are any errors in the theremometer.... e.g. if you measure under the tongue, whether you keep your tongue in contact tightly with the thermometer, or loosely can also affect the temp... sleeping in aircon or not and whether you open mouth etc also matters.... so just be consistent and use the chart to plot ovulation.... whether or not your body temp is too low etc for conceiving, i think should still see doc/TCM to determine.

to those who're disappointed with seeing red these days, don't fret! tt's what this forum is for :) i too tried for soooo long, SO is quite old (~35) so abit more kan chiong.... i went for lots of fertility checks, (dragging SO for the checks too) spent over $1000 on just the checks alone... see red too many times and gave up. i refused to measure temp, refused to test O strips, refused to do anything. hubby was so disappointed.... but he bobian he was very sad to see me so upset... so he never push me also... instead he figured out when my last AF was, and did the counting himself and estimated O dates himself instead.... end up that month, BOOM! tio!!! so i say.... too stressed really no good!! easy to say, but hard to let it go... but do try and take your mind of it, even if it is just a 2-6 months break... you never know! ;)

Yup I do believe things happen when we least expect it. I'm sure many ladies here, including me, have read a lot in the Internet and this forum and we followed "golden rules" but sometimes it's really about timing and stress free (or as little as possible).

So motto is do what one is comfortable but don't do everything Internet says la. God will grant when it is time.

Hamburger, mid day and bbt temps can be very far apart. It won't be close. My mid day is 36.8 to 37.

I don't really exercise. Hehe.. Then also heard my friends say if ttc should not exercise too much esp ppl who are thin. Cuz need fats. Dunno how true...

Oh I beg to differ. Everyone can benefit from exercising. I feel the perks are so much more than just fats burning (To me is bonus. To you you're trying to avoid. I'm so envious of you). If you're underweight then don't like run 5km then hit the gym la. Just swimming and yoga are very good. Ever since I do exercise regularly, can feel the body and mind so much calmer.

exercise is always good - produces the feel good hormone (endorphins), which can help you relax and maybe TTC successfully!! it also helps to regulate menses (hormones), and produce better quality eggs / sperms.

It's true that if you're very skinny, might be more difficult to conceive. But you should not avoid exercise just because of that - instead, try to exercise and eat more (healthily) to be at least close to the recommended BMI.

actually if u exercise, fats convert to muscles, you will gain weight rather than lose weight

and i think recommend BMI is abit bull to me... because i need to gain at least 7kg to meet the required healthy BMI for conceive... i'm not skinny, i would say average.. if i gain 7kg, i definitely look like a petite potato

No la.. Haha.. I'm not avoiding exercise because of what i heard. Just very lazy to exercise due to work. I do go for yoga and jogging. But not that often. I'm average weight.
I think stress is a big issue other than physical health. From work stress and people who kept asking when are we going to have bb..

actually if u exercise, fats convert to muscles, you will gain weight rather than lose weight

and i think recommend BMI is abit bull to me... because i need to gain at least 7kg to meet the required healthy BMI for conceive... i'm not skinny, i would say average.. if i gain 7kg, i definitely look like a petite potato
which BMI are you looking at? 18.3 is not very high to be honest.... and it's a measure of health, not just to conceive... but of course, if you feel you're healthy enough, then no need to work on the weight. I was also ~3kg away from the recommended BMI (not skinny, but lost the muscle mass in recent years... if not i would be just nice 18.3-18.4)

No la.. Haha.. I'm not avoiding exercise because of what i heard. Just very lazy to exercise due to work. I do go for yoga and jogging. But not that often. I'm average weight.
I think stress is a big issue other than physical health. From work stress and people who kept asking when are we going to have bb..
occasional is better than none at all :)
I do agree on the latter on people kpo-ing!! but really must treat their words as empty words lah... bb is your life, not theirs. When you decide to have a family is up to you too...

But regarding work stress, that's something that you'll need to work on - it doesn't just affect TTC, but the entire journey thereafter as well (pregnancy, kids, etc). In fact, even more later on when you have to juggle time management. Assuming you cannot stop working just to TTC / for your family, then either find a job that has less stress, or find a way to deal with the stress after work hours (e.g. exercise or a hobby you love)

Maybe your thermometer is the one got QC problem, maerceci. Unusually low for post o le.

Mystery solved. Indeed my thermometer was faulty. Have tested with my new one. Both gives me different reading. 36.4 from old and 37 from new. So my temp for this cycle is all wrong! :confused: so now.. i retired my 1 yr plus thermometer and start new year with a new one.

which BMI are you looking at? 18.3 is not very high to be honest.... and it's a measure of health, not just to conceive... but of course, if you feel you're healthy enough, then no need to work on the weight. I was also ~3kg away from the recommended BMI (not skinny, but lost the muscle mass in recent years... if not i would be just nice 18.3-18.4)
mine is 17.6...
according to the book i read, best is arnd 19 BMI?

but i really not skinny... my bone mass is light and my fat is over (coz no exercise so little muscles)

Back