2016/08 August babies

Mild cramp is normal and usually not dangerous if it doesn't come with spotting. But if it worries you, you should see a gynae asap to get a peace of mind. When is your appointment?
I read that its not easy to use a doppler as it pick out any sound that is in your body including blood flowing into the placenta. Maybe you can post on the marketplace group in this forum. There are probably mummies who are looking to sell their 2nd hand doppler
Thanks for your advice! My next appointment is 14 Jan. A good 2 weeks from now. Ok, will monitor a few more days as I think my gynae is out of town now too...

No point getting a doppler. you can only pick up heartbeats after 11wks, and may sometimes miss and cause unnecessary scare. from wk 15-20, you should be able to feel movement already.

Hello to all mummies and mummies-to-be! I'm expecting my first pregnancy.
Qns: How do you decide on your gynae? I went to one random gynae to confirm my pregnancy and now, I don't know where to start to look for a gynae that will support me to full term.

Congrats! I agree with @luckyme that you can start off by deciding if you want a male or female gynae.

Then narrow down to other possibilities. Like is location a factor for you? And preferred hospital to give birth?

Some might go for the venue to pick a neighbouring gynae as the monthly consultation will be more convenient and shorter waiting time.

Of course when you googling esp forum, you'll get many names of different gynae then you can read more about that.

Like for me, I would want to go for a gynae that's pro natural and support breast feeding so I start off with that aspect. Hope this helps! :)

Hello mummies, I had mild cramps a few days back with no spotting. But started bleeding this morning -- bright red blood like period :( Seems like this baby won't work out -- quite sad, I haven't even managed to see the gynae yet.

Hello mummies, I had mild cramps a few days back with no spotting. But started bleeding this morning -- bright red blood like period :( Seems like this baby won't work out -- quite sad, I haven't even managed to see the gynae yet.

Faster go and see your gynae. Don't give up hope yet okay! If gynae not in then see the one that helps to take over, let them know you're bleeding and need immediate attention.

Jiayou Mommy!

Faster go and see your gynae. Don't give up hope yet okay! If gynae not in then see the one that helps to take over, let them know you're bleeding and need immediate attention.

Jiayou Mommy!

I'm actually travelling outside Singapore now. Actually I saw some tissue in the blood, so I really think there's very little hope >.< I'll call my gynae in Singapore.

When are you coming back to SG? Can you go to the a&e or a gynae where you are? Just to get some medicine to support the baby
Please don't move too much, try to bed rest as much as possible.
I hope it's just minor spotting and nothing serious. Praying for you.

Hello everyone! Newbies here. May I know is it safe to eat utrogeston 100mg pill (progesterone)? As I check online some mentioned it is not safe to eat during pregnancy. Any mummy having this pill? Is it necessary to have this?

Hello mommies, did any of you have MS only appear during week 5-6? I feel slightly better as compared to my week 6 like I can eat slightly more types of food. Still will feel nauseated at times though after eating.

I heard that week 8-10 usually is the peak so I'm not sure is it coming soon or will be like that on and off nauseated throughout first trimester.

Currently I'm at week 8, 2 days.

When are you coming back to SG? Can you go to the a&e or a gynae where you are? Just to get some medicine to support the baby
Please don't move too much, try to bed rest as much as possible.
I hope it's just minor spotting and nothing serious. Praying for you.
Yes, and u can claim for the medical costs under your travel insurance if u are worried abt costs

Hello everyone! Newbies here. May I know is it safe to eat utrogeston 100mg pill (progesterone)? As I check online some mentioned it is not safe to eat during pregnancy. Any mummy having this pill? Is it necessary to have this?
Me. I'm taking this pill. Prescribed by my gynae. Did the website explain why it is unsafe?

Me. I'm taking this pill. Prescribed by my gynae. Did the website explain why it is unsafe?
I think utrogeston is similar to duphaston, just different brand names. Both contains progesterone which is one of the hormones needed for pregnancy. It should be safe especially if prescribed by gynae

Hello to all mummies and mummies-to-be! I'm expecting my first pregnancy.
Qns: How do you decide on your gynae? I went to one random gynae to confirm my pregnancy and now, I don't know where to start to look for a gynae that will support me to full term.

do you have close friends that can give recommendation? my first consideration is location, bcos as the terms goes, we will normally get more tiring travelling. and of cos, friends n forum recommendation. :)

Haha I made 3-in-1 de but always put half a packet and make in those cup for soup. So it's a mega size and dilute it cause whole bag in small cup is way too sweet for me.

Yeah I also scare will be too heaty but the way I've been drinking so far is okay. Maybe because it's big and not thick so it's okay!

I just need the taste of Milo to keep the nausea away.

thank you... i'm going to follow ur way or having milo.. seems like milo is a cure for my nausea too..

thank you... i'm going to follow ur way or having milo.. seems like milo is a cure for my nausea too..

Haha hope it works for you! If Milo works then you can buy some Milo nuggets too. Cause when I'm having some discomfort or giddy spells (I deem as sugar level and blood pressure low), then I'll pop some sweet treats :D

Some said this pill is 'an tai yao'. But if nothing, feel normal, no bleeding, no cramp, I'm not sure why doctor still giving this pill. Just need some advice before having it. I have this pill from gynae two weeks earlier but I yet to eat it. U can read other forum for the side effect like feel more dizzy n nausea.
For your reference https://www.medicines.org.uk/emcmobile/medicine/19895

I ate mee tai mak with minced meat (hakka style) for lunch and just chomped down a char siew bao and carrot cake (the kueh) now...... Praying that the food stays in my tummy.

Hello everyone! I'm in my 7th week now (i think? I'm not entirely sure) and my EDD should be 11 Aug :) Gonna go for my 1st appt on 31st Dec, can't wait!
I booked with Dr Ben Tham, nurse also told me to not go in too early, so I agreed lor. Will see if the nurse is ok or really unfriendly.. hahaha.

Btw, can also add me into the FB group please? [email protected]
Thanks!!
invited

Hello hello hello mummies to be! Just found out that I am 5 weeks and did a scan at Dr Law Wei Seng to confirm that. Any reviews on him or anyone else consulting him as well? Glad to know that so many of us are in this journey together!

I am 7 weeks 5 days today. I just had first appt with gynae today. Everything is fine. Anyway this is my 2nd child so i calm this time. Next appointment in 4 weeks time and i will doing the NIPT which is called Paranoma. Anyone doing NIPT? The test cost close to $2K :(

that's very expensive!! Averie.

I gained weight too despite the nausea. SIAN MAX
Yes very expensive. You see most of the time from head to toe she is wearing Chanel Prada. How can her fee be not expensive. LoL...
But she is very nice and patient.
The reason i change gynae is because i prefer gynae nearer to my place. Paragon very inconvenient for me as i stay in serangoon and also she only deliver in mount E.
At first how i choose her was because i also abit kiasu, i search online look for gynae who is specialized pregnancy complication. Becoz was my first born i also dunno what wld it be like so i chose one of the top gynae to be safe. After 1st trimester i clear all the test i change to Dr Henry Cheng at Bishan. He is very good! I also seeing him this time.

hi pls dun give up hope yet. i have experience brown spotting since 2 weeks ago & just this morning i dripped red blood instead. my heart almost drop & quickly check myself in at kkh O&G. doc couldn't find the fetal pole & sent me to sonographer. doc gave me a 50/50. my heart sank.

i could only keep praying & praying. did two scans, one on tummy, couldn't see clearly. sonographer said to do transvirginal, there i saw for the first time the flickering heartbeat of my baby! i cried uncontrollably & kind sonographer held my hand. i can't stop thanking God.

i'm in my week 6 exactly today & previously had a d&c done in august this year.

pls dun give up & pray for our little ones.

hi pls dun give up hope yet. i have experience brown spotting since 2 weeks ago & just this morning i dripped red blood instead. my heart almost drop & quickly check myself in at kkh O&G. doc couldn't find the fetal pole & sent me to sonographer. doc gave me a 50/50. my heart sank.

i could only keep praying & praying. did two scans, one on tummy, couldn't see clearly. sonographer said to do transvirginal, there i saw for the first time the flickering heartbeat of my baby! i cried uncontrollably & kind sonographer held my hand. i can't stop thanking God.

Happy for you!

Ok I will try to stay positive and see a gynae soon :)

Yes don't lose hope yet. I have a friend who bled throughout her first trimester and had to bed rest. At some point she bled so much that she thought baby is gone. But she just delivered a healthy baby.
I'm so happy for you win&Leo. Please take care. Will be keeping both of you and saltofthebreeze in my prayers.

I am 7 weeks 5 days today. I just had first appt with gynae today. Everything is fine. Anyway this is my 2nd child so i calm this time. Next appointment in 4 weeks time and i will doing the NIPT which is called Paranoma. Anyone doing NIPT? The test cost close to $2K :(
I'm not doing any NIPT because I will keep the baby regardless if result. They test for chromosome abnormality of which the most common one is for trisomy 21 also known as down syndrome. Paranoma is like Harmony and Oscar test. Oscar test has a lower accuracy rate I think. Not too sure about Harmony but I know accuracy rate is better.
I think its good to do NIPT if you are unsure of whether you wish to keep the baby or you simply want to have a peace of mind. I would ask the doctor whether they can offer more option like harmony and oscar and what's the difference since this is a costly test.

Hi everyone,

I just discovered my pregnancy for the first time and am scheduled to go for my 1st appt in mid Jan (will be 8 weeks then). Was just wondering when is the 'right' time to let the parents or in-laws know about the pregnancy?

My husband's for the idea of announcing after the 1st trimester in case something bad happens in between, but I find it a little difficult to 'hide' it, esp when the pregnancy symptoms are happening as it is. How else is everyone dealing with this? :)

Hi everyone,

I just discovered my pregnancy for the first time and am scheduled to go for my 1st appt in mid Jan (will be 8 weeks then). Was just wondering when is the 'right' time to let the parents or in-laws know about the pregnancy?

My husband's for the idea of announcing after the 1st trimester in case something bad happens in between, but I find it a little difficult to 'hide' it, esp when the pregnancy symptoms are happening as it is. How else is everyone dealing with this? :)

for now.. we are just telling our close friends and those important ppl like bosses and team mates. have to inform them bcos certain task i really cant perform.. other then that, we are also keeping the news till after 1st trimester. parents are also just informing close relatives n friends... still keeping it from neighbors and other of their friends too... i think it has became an SOP in our culture.

This morning I woke up and feel a sharp pain in my vagina area. Abdominal was okay. Called up and schedule for an appointment to see my gynae. Suddenly when I was eating bread while talking to my in-laws, I felt a gush coming out from me.

I was bleeding, fresh red blood and quite a lot. I was feeling scared but immediately went down to my gynae. Just finished seeing him and did a scan.

Very thankfully he said the blood don't look like is from the baby. Baby is doing well, even hear his/her heartbeat for the first time today! Last time only manage to see the flickering. The speed is at 160, week 8 and he says is healthy.

Told me that it looks like it's my bottom part of my cervix that's bleeding and surprisingly after bleeding, the pain seems to go off. So now I'm given this hormones pills to be on for 2 weeks.

Hope yours is also a false alarm and don't lose hope okay!! Don't think very negatively, have positive thoughts till you see a gynae! Fighting!!!

Hi everyone,

I told my mum after my first appointment. I leave it to my husband on when he wants to tell my in laws. Actually if something bad really happened *touchwood*, you will likely still tell your parents and in laws. My Mil made confimement food after my mc and I was thankful that they took care of me while I was recovering at home.

This morning I woke up and feel a sharp pain in my vagina area. Abdominal was okay. Called up and schedule for an appointment to see my gynae. Suddenly when I was eating bread while talking to my in-laws, I felt a gush coming out from me.

I was bleeding, fresh red blood and quite a lot. I was feeling scared but immediately went down to my gynae. Just finished seeing him and did a scan.

Very thankfully he said the blood don't look like is from the baby. Baby is doing well, even hear his/her heartbeat for the first time today! Last time only manage to see the flickering. The speed is at 160, week 8 and he says is healthy.

Told me that it looks like it's my bottom part of my cervix that's bleeding and surprisingly after bleeding, the pain seems to go off. So now I'm given this hormones pills to be on for 2 weeks.

Hope yours is also a false alarm and don't lose hope okay!! Don't think very negatively, have positive thoughts till you see a gynae! Fighting!!!
That's a scary experience but glad that baby is all right.

Be positive honey. Faster consult your gynae and it will all be well. :)

Hello everyone,

Congrats to all the new mummies! I just confirmed my pregnancy yesterday. My EDD is 25/08/16. Is there a fb group to join? Can the administrator add me too? My email address is [email protected]. Looking forward to hear your stories!

Regards,
Siti

i think it's easier for mommies to have support from immediate family :) you need all the support when you are pregnant, or even if you *touchwood* lose the baby. meanwhile, you can always talk to us here/facebook! :)

i am so restless these days. counting down to 4 jan where i will be 8 weeks, and 2nd appt. hope to see baby's heartbeat. it has just been two weeks since i last saw the sac.. SEEMS SO LONG! gosh. i wonder how the us mommies take it.. they only mostly have doppler visits mthly from week 12!

Back