2016/08 August babies

Hi August Mummies!!

I'm 7+3 days today :) EDD by GP is 12th Aug'16
so far not having MS (touch wood!!!) but will still feel nauseous when food smell is too strong.
have bad hunger pangs too which will result in crying if cant find the food i want!! :D hahaha
dun dare to weigh myself yet but will know tmr.
Going to see my gynae for my 1st appt.

anyone has rates for cheaper and good gynae?

It's totally fine and in fact very lucky too! I have no appetite for food but at the moment no vomitting which I consider as a blessing.

I worry no nausea feeling only sore boobs. But eating normal only can't eat too much else I feel very bloated.

Hi August Mummies!!

so far not having MS (touch wood!!!) but will still feel nauseous when food smell is too strong.
have bad hunger pangs too which will result in crying if cant find the food i want!! :D hahaha

Congrats babe! Same as you... I got no MS at the moment but can't stand those strong food smell. At times, I got no appetite too. Been weighing myself and so far no weight gain.
Which gynae are u seeing?

Congrats babe! Same as you... I got no MS at the moment but can't stand those strong food smell. At times, I got no appetite too. Been weighing myself and so far no weight gain.
Which gynae are u seeing?

Hi Urbanfairy,
I'm with Dr Anne Hagarty.
She's my family gynae :D
My cousins and nephews/nieces are all delivered by her.
Very nice lady.
But i may be looking at other options cos i have a super tight budget.

How about u?
Which gynae u visiting?

Hi mummies/mummies-to-be!

I just found out I was pregnant on Boxing Day. Missed my period for a week and somehow got a hunch I could be pregnant. Tested with 2 kits and I'm pretty sure I really am haha. Haven't made appt with any gynae yet but I'm keen on delivering at Mount A. Any good gynaes to recommend?

You ladies are the first other than my hubby to know this good news!

Now I'm feeling slightly edgy about announcing the news to my friends and family too early. Anyone has this pantang rule not to announce until 2nd trimester?

I just found out I was pregnant on Boxing Day. Missed my period for a week and somehow got a hunch I could be pregnant. Tested with 2 kits and I'm pretty sure I really am haha. Haven't made appt with any gynae yet but I'm keen on delivering at Mount A. Any good gynaes to recommend?

Now I'm feeling slightly edgy about announcing the news to my friends and family too early. Anyone has this pantang rule not to announce until 2nd trimester?

Hello! Congrats! Mm actually is more like to wait till everything is more stable then announce rather than pantang.

I did tell my closer friends and colleagues cause I need to climb up and down and wouldn't be convenient now.

Anyone with natural pregnancy taking both duphaston and progynova pills?
Natural pregnancy here taking duphaston. supposed to take twice daily but it's causing me to be inefficient and practically vomiting all day, so I am taking only once per day.

I've told my immediate family include inlaws, some mommy friends and my boss at work. I will be telling my other colleagues after my next appt as I will need help with heavy stuff :)

Natural pregnancy here taking duphaston. supposed to take twice daily but it's causing me to be inefficient and practically vomiting all day, so I am taking only once per day.
I m taking both and I read that progynova may cause mc and is more for ivf patients. But I was given to take twice a day.

e ms is getting worse day by day. at 8w4d now, almost every meal is a torture... can i chk if puking out helps alleviate e ms feeling? i have been avoiding puking so far.

e ms is getting worse day by day. at 8w4d now, almost every meal is a torture... can i chk if puking out helps alleviate e ms feeling? i have been avoiding puking so far.
I m at 5th week and only feels very very bloated. No ms yet.
Last pregnancy I puked a lot too...definitely feels better getting it out! Drink warm water or peppermint tea to sooth.

YES definitely better to vomit - but fear of dehydration or malnutrition so please monitor. i have been vomiting after every meal and even with drinks... at this rate i need to check myself in for drips already :(

Reactions: FFT
ya if puking it out makes u feel better, by all means. But just remain hydrated.

I try to take small but frequent meals to minimise the effect of ms. Mine also the worse hit during the evenings.

hi, i like to ask if anyone here constantly have no appetite? for e last 1-2 week i feel like i cant eat much, everything seems tasteless to me and i just have no mood to eat too...

Hi August Mummies!!

hi xisnique, i went to Dr Lawrence Ang at Sembawang. he's pretty affordable but is always very quick in his consultation which many wouldnt like him thou. but other then that, he is all good with me..
there is another gyane by e name of Dr Don Wong within sembawang too.. you can go google..

hi, i like to ask if anyone here constantly have no appetite? for e last 1-2 week i feel like i cant eat much, everything seems tasteless to me and i just have no mood to eat too...

Yup me. When I was in week 5end and week 6, I was almost not eating. Can just do with one small meal a day and that's all. Today I just stepped into week 8, but at least managed to eat slightly a little bit more.

Just had hotcakes meal at noon and feeling a little sick now..

Hello everyone! I'm in my 7th week now (i think? I'm not entirely sure) and my EDD should be 11 Aug :) Gonna go for my 1st appt on 31st Dec, can't wait!
I booked with Dr Ben Tham, nurse also told me to not go in too early, so I agreed lor. Will see if the nurse is ok or really unfriendly.. hahaha.

Btw, can also add me into the FB group please? [email protected]
Thanks!!

Hello everyone! I'm in my 7th week now (i think? I'm not entirely sure) and my EDD should be 11 Aug :) Gonna go for my 1st appt on 31st Dec, can't wait!
I booked with Dr Ben Tham, nurse also told me to not go in too early, so I agreed lor. Will see if the nurse is ok or really unfriendly.. hahaha.

Btw, can also add me into the FB group please? [email protected]
Thanks!!
Yes pls update on the nurses and dr tham. I still holding on to his 14jan appt and see if I wanna change gynae. Tks!

Yup me. When I was in week 5end and week 6, I was almost not eating. Can just do with one small meal a day and that's all. Today I just stepped into week 8, but at least managed to eat slightly a little bit more.

Totally had no appetite these few days, worst part is i'm having flu and sore throat. T.T Think i'm too heaty or something. I did some reading online and seems like meds are really off limits cause 1st tri is so important for baby's development. Relying on vit c and honey lemon water to get better. Sian max. Long weekend but didn't manage to enjoy any of it.

After eating, feel so uncomfortable..... :(

Totally had no appetite these few days, worst part is i'm having flu and sore throat. T.T Think i'm too heaty or something. I did some reading online and seems like meds are really off limits cause 1st tri is so important for baby's development. Relying on vit c and honey lemon water to get better. Sian max. Long weekend but didn't manage to enjoy any of it.

i am very prone to flu and cough too, so i started drinking warm infused honey lemon water every morning n take fruits in e evening to build up e vit c. in any case, you try infusing your own honey with lemon... its less acidic and taste as great as just squeezing e lemon inside e honey water. let me know if you want to diy, i can assist u. i hope you get well soon...
:)

can i ask how do you manage the period of 'totally no appetite'? today i only had 2 mouthful of rice during rice and i still dont feel hungry now. is there really anything we can do to eat a bit more? baby needs to eat too...

Yeah I also feel heaty then my MIL brew some barley for me. But better don't drink too much cause not advisable. Can drink honey water too. I drank honey and feel better. My flu is funny, suddenly strike and I try to heal on its own. I used 'gui hua gao' and apply and suddenly like two or three days later the stuffy nose is gone.

I didn't take any vitamin pills cause some will make me more heaty. Will you constipate since heaty? Can try and drink yakult. I don't have constipation yet but I will drink one sometimes. Baby likes yakult haha! Maybe a little bit sour too..

Sip water in between with a straw if gulping water makes you nauseated.

Last edited:
can i ask how do you manage the period of 'totally no appetite'? today i only had 2 mouthful of rice during rice and i still dont feel hungry now. is there really anything we can do to eat a bit more? baby needs to eat too...

Maybe now you don't like rice! I suddenly stop liking rice and Chinese food at week 5-6.

I worry when I feel sick and don't eat too. So I try different ways.

I try to eat some plain biscuit, plain bread and plain porridge. Cannot finish a few mouthful I feel sick then I stop. Then I will drink Milo. So far Milo works for me, whenever I feel hungry and starting to feel nauseated because of hunger but no appetite for food, I'll make some warm Milo.

Don't feel hungry also can nibble abit. One small biscuit I took forever to eat but at least manage to eat something. So I can eat as little as one piece of bread a day and few cups of Milo only.

My gynae says it's normal. Whatever you feel like eating just eat. It is to sustain mama. I totally stop Chinese cuisine for 2 weeks then slowly I managed to eat a little bit more..

Whatever soupy or bland (e.g guey tiao soup) which people will usually choose when stomach feels sick, I've tried but ended up wasting food and money. I feel nauseated after eating too.

I still eat McDonald's and drink some cold drinks but I do watch. Maybe just half a cup of green tea for example and mix some water cause I don't like very sweet drinks.

I know we should avoid oily food and maybe spicy but I'll try whatever it can stay in my stomach for now. Nutrition factor can come in the later part hahahaa

Last edited:
i am very prone to flu and cough too, so i started drinking warm infused honey lemon water every morning n take fruits in e evening to build up e vit c. in any case, you try infusing your own honey with lemon... its less acidic and taste as great as just squeezing e lemon inside e honey water. let me know if you want to diy, i can assist u. i hope you get well soon...
:)

Thanks for the tip! I think i'll buy more fruits home.. since no appetite, maybe fruits will help. Oh yes i'm squeezing lemon inside my honey water too! Helps my sore throat, but flu not so much.. So hard to sleep at night with a stuffy nose. I woke up last night at 3.30, 5.30 then finally decided to sleep in the hall.. Hopefully it gets better in the next few days.

Yeah I also feel heaty then my MIL brew some barley for me. But better don't drink too much cause not advisable. Can drink honey water too. I drank honey and feel better. My flu is funny, suddenly strike and I try to heal on its own. I used 'gui hua gao' and apply and suddenly like two or three days later the stuffy nose is gone.

I didn't take any vitamin pills cause some will make me more heaty. Will you constipate since heaty? Can try and drink yakult. I don't have constipation yet but I will drink one sometimes. Baby likes yakult haha! Maybe a little bit sour too..

Sip water in between with a straw if gulping water makes you nauseated.

I don't have constipation yet, but I think i'm not eating enough veg and drinking enough water. Drinking plain water makes me feel a bit.... i don't know how to explain. Like there's this.. taste in my mouth that i don't really like. Super weird! Feel like my tastebuds are suddenly so sensitive.

I don't have constipation yet, but I think i'm not eating enough veg and drinking enough water. Drinking plain water makes me feel a bit.... i don't know how to explain. Like there's this.. taste in my mouth that i don't really like. Super weird! Feel like my tastebuds are suddenly so sensitive.

Metallic taste? Then drink some other water. Honey works then drink honey water. Don't make it too sweet can already :)

Yeah bowels will slow down because not eating enough. That's what I have too. I even try sucking and biting on lemon slices to get rid of the nausea feeling.

OH! Can you drink Ribena? I drank that too.

Last edited:

@rainydaes i have a super weird taste in my mouth too. and i just dont know how to describe it to my hubby.. it doesn't taste bad but its not a nice taste for me too.. i read online tt its normal to have this metallic taste ..

Maybe now you don't like rice! I suddenly stop liking rice and Chinese food at week 5-6.

I worry when I feel sick and don't eat too. So I try different ways.

I try to eat some plain biscuit, plain bread and plain porridge. Cannot finish a few mouthful I feel sick then I stop. Then I will drink Milo. So far Milo works for me, whenever I feel hungry and starting to feel nauseated because of hunger but no appetite for food, I'll make some warm Milo.

Don't feel hungry also can nibble abit. One small biscuit I took forever to eat but at least manage to eat something. So I can eat as little as one piece of bread a day and few cups of Milo only.

My gynae says it's normal. Whatever you feel like eating just eat. It is to sustain mama. I totally stop Chinese cuisine for 2 weeks then slowly I managed to eat a little bit more..

Whatever soupy or bland (e.g guey tiao soup) which people will usually choose when stomach feels sick, I've tried but ended up wasting food and money. I feel nauseated after eating too.

I still eat McDonald's and drink some cold drinks but I do watch. Maybe just half a cup of green tea for example and mix some water cause I don't like very sweet drinks.

I know we should avoid oily food and maybe spicy but I'll try whatever it can stay in my stomach for now. Nutrition factor can come in the later part hahahaa

thank you for the advice @zzeesays. i am also surviving on warm milo n try to dip it with some biscuits (so ta piah), warm honey lemon works for me too.
i seriously dont know what i like now.. like everything just doesn't appeal to me now.. i still remember when i first tested positive, appetite was so good and i could finish a whole bowl of plain rice..

thank you for the advice @zzeesays. i am also surviving on warm milo n try to dip it with some biscuits (so ta piah), warm honey lemon works for me too.
i seriously dont know what i like now.. like everything just doesn't appeal to me now.. i still remember when i first tested positive, appetite was so good and i could finish a whole bowl of plain rice..

Yes yes me too! I always eat a lot but wow suddenly one day I just feel nauseated lol.

Gotta try and error. I tried many different food like boiled potato, potato salad, coleslaw, guey tiao, beehoon, chicken rice, potato leaves, cereal prawns, ban mian, beancurd (like laoban). Oily or bland all try lol

And don't eat a lot at one go, I learned my lesson. Now one packet of economic beehoon, I had to break down into a few portion and eat.

@rainydaes i have a super weird taste in my mouth too. and i just dont know how to describe it to my hubby.. it doesn't taste bad but its not a nice taste for me too.. i read online tt its normal to have this metallic taste ..

Ahh! I see... i thought i was the only one! Phew.. i think i gotta mix some honey in like what @zzeesays says..

Last edited:

Yea my appetite was so good like.. 2 weeks back! Now that u guys mention soh ta piah and milo.. sounds good man. I'll try that out too.. hope im ok with it hahaha. Nowadays, really can't be sure until i try it out..

Yea my appetite was so good like.. 2 weeks back! Now that u guys mention soh ta piah and milo.. sounds good man. I'll try that out too.. hope im ok with it hahaha. Nowadays, really can't be sure until i try it out..

Haha can try the Meiji plain biscuit as well. The dark blue de. Small and many slices in a small packet.

If nothing works, fall back to Milo. I can drink 4-5 packets of Milo a day hahaha

My friend told me to get the eu yan seng ginger slice to make ginger tea when I feel nausea. I went to 3 branches but it's always sold out. Tried making my own ginger tea and not only does it taste horrible, it didn't work. I think just got to hang on for 4 more weeks until first tri is over. :(

Haha can try the Meiji plain biscuit as well. The dark blue de. Small and many slices in a small packet.

If nothing works, fall back to Milo. I can drink 4-5 packets of Milo a day hahaha

woah.. 4 to 5 packets. i scare i will get pu lua (heaty) if i drink too many cups of milo.. e last time i crave for curry puff, i had sore throat right at night.. and it happen twice. now im scare...

My friend told me to get the eu yan seng ginger slice to make ginger tea when I feel nausea. I went to 3 branches but it's always sold out. Tried making my own ginger tea and not only does it taste horrible, it didn't work. I think just got to hang on for 4 more weeks until first tri is over. :(

actually if u want, u can try the goldkili ginger drink. i have been having that and still have that now. i always ensure that i have that and milo stocked at home now.
http://www.goldkili.com.sg/products/instant-beverages/gold-kili-ginger-range-2/

woah.. 4 to 5 packets. i scare i will get pu lua (heaty) if i drink too many cups of milo.. e last time i crave for curry puff, i had sore throat right at night.. and it happen twice. now im scare...

Haha I made 3-in-1 de but always put half a packet and make in those cup for soup. So it's a mega size and dilute it cause whole bag in small cup is way too sweet for me.

Yeah I also scare will be too heaty but the way I've been drinking so far is okay. Maybe because it's big and not thick so it's okay!

I just need the taste of Milo to keep the nausea away.

I found some sugar free / low sugar instant packs in medical halls. U can check it out!

Hello to all mummies and mummies-to-be! I'm expecting my first pregnancy.
Qns: How do you decide on your gynae? I went to one random gynae to confirm my pregnancy and now, I don't know where to start to look for a gynae that will support me to full term.

Qns: How do you decide on your gynae? I went to one random gynae to confirm my pregnancy and now, I don't know where to start to look for a gynae that will support me to full term.

Hi congrats. i got recommendations frm a fren for Irene Chua, googled abit to find more reviews then made appt. i find her reassuring n comfortable w her pace etc. most impt stitching reviews gd. u can start by deciding between male/female gynae then do some googling? or u can ask in e forum?

Hi!

Would like to seek your advice. I had been feeling (menstrual type) cramps since last night, with rather sore backache, with no spotting. Shld I go consult my gynae or u guys think I can wait it out?

Also, any of you invested in a doppler? Any idea the cost and where to purchase in SG? Thanks all!!

I asked my friend for recommendations. I'm seeing SL goh at Mount A now. She was also the gynae for my #1.

Hi!

Would like to seek your advice. I had been feeling (menstrual type) cramps since last night, with rather sore backache, with no spotting. Shld I go consult my gynae or u guys think I can wait it out?

Also, any of you invested in a doppler? Any idea the cost and where to purchase in SG? Thanks all!!
Mild cramp is normal and usually not dangerous if it doesn't come with spotting. But if it worries you, you should see a gynae asap to get a peace of mind. When is your appointment?
I read that its not easy to use a doppler as it pick out any sound that is in your body including blood flowing into the placenta. Maybe you can post on the marketplace group in this forum. There are probably mummies who are looking to sell their 2nd hand doppler

Back