2016/08 August babies

Hello Mummies out there,

I just got tested and i'm pregnant for 8 weeks. I went to a GP near jurong and he mentioned me to go back for a ultrasound scan 2 weeks later. My EDD should be 3rd August 2016.

Am considering to deliver in KKH. Am checking if i were to go checkup/scans, is there a gynae near jurong and delivers at KKH? And also, do they issue an MC everytime i go down for a visit?

Am currently working, so not many leave left to take.. TIA!

Hello Mummies out there,

I just got tested and i'm pregnant for 8 weeks. I went to a GP near jurong and he mentioned me to go back for a ultrasound scan 2 weeks later. My EDD should be 3rd August 2016.

Am considering to deliver in KKH. Am checking if i were to go checkup/scans, is there a gynae near jurong and delivers at KKH? And also, do they issue an MC everytime i go down for a visit?

Congrats! The gynae will give you mc when you visit. Kkh only has a satellite clinic in amk. Also if you want to see a gynae in Jurong,u will need to go private.
Since u are in Jurong, how about going nuh for check up? I heard that o&g dept is good and they are very popular for pregnancy issue too. The hospital is also more relax, they allow alternative birthing method like water birth. The hospital is also very pro bf

Hello Mummies out there,

Hello and congrats!! Not sure about KKH, I'm with TMC and yes my clinic always give me a mc when I go down for my checkup. I'm also working and most of the check ups are on weekdays working hours so yes, covered.

My first pregnant I went to Dr Chee for 1st trimester only because her fee very high. Just 3mth I spent $3k

that sounds a little ex.. hope you found another gyane who is more affordable..
anyway just wondering is there any mummies here staying around sembawang or is with dr lawrence ang?

that sounds a little ex.. hope you found another gyane who is more affordable..
anyway just wondering is there any mummies here staying around sembawang or is with dr lawrence ang?
I was w Lawrence ang for first pregnancy. He's very very chop chop. First time moms won't feel at ease unless you're a well prepared mom with questions and initiative to read up. You queue for hours to see him for less than 5 mins. His stitches are good though.

I was w Lawrence ang for first pregnancy. He's very very chop chop. First time moms won't feel at ease unless you're a well prepared mom with questions and initiative to read up. You queue for hours to see him for less than 5 mins. His stitches are good though.

Are you back with the same gynae? Or changed new one?

Not everyone will experience MS.. different pple different experience. My friend breeze through pregnancy with no symptom at all.. Envy her. Haha!!
Haha ya my first pregnancy was a breeze. No heartburn, no MS, no stretch marks, no legs cramps, no swelling... The only symptoms I had were bigger boobs, shiny hair and better skin! I found the post delivery period much harder!

Hi All I am a first time mum and just managed to get an appointment with dr benjamin tham on the 11th Jan. Is it too late for the first appointment, as it would be the 8th week already.

Hi all August mummies. My Edd is 3rd August. Heard my baby's heartbeat last Friday. Seeing Dr Lawrence Ang. My 2nd child. Have a Daughter who is 6. Jiayou all mummies!

Hi All I am a first time mum and just managed to get an appointment with dr benjamin tham on the 11th Jan. Is it too late for the first appointment, as it would be the 8th week already.

Actually is ok. My first check last fri was seeing the sac,baby's heartbeat. Then he say what not to eat and come back on 18 Jan which will need to do blood test. He gave folic acid which is available at pharmacy. U may want to start eating it too. 1 tablet every morning.

Unless u have spotting den u need to see him immediately. Got friends who Only discover it later due to irregular mensus.

Hi porky mum when did u make the appointment?
My LMP was 19nov and they gave me 14jan for my first appt which is exactly 8weeks too.
I find it abit late.

Last edited:
Actually is ok. My first check last fri was seeing the sac,baby's heartbeat. Then he say what not to eat and come back on 18 Jan which will need to do blood test. He gave folic acid which is available at pharmacy. U may want to start eating it too. 1 tablet every morning.

Unless u have spotting den u need to see him immediately. Got friends who Only discover it later due to irregular mensus.

Yes, I have started on folic acids once i start missing my mense, about 4 weeks? Yellow discharge is it considered normal?? And I have been puking at least once a day... for the last few days.

Hi porky mum when did u make the appointment?
My LMP was 19nov and they gave me 14jan for my first appt which is exactly 8weeks too.
I find it abit late.

Hi allbwell, I made my appointment yesterday. Was confused with my husband on when and how they calculate the dates. My LMP was from 8th to 13th Nov.. do they see the starting date or the last date?

I'm a first time mum and I tested myself yesterday after being late for 5 days. My Gynae is on holiday so going to see him in 2 weeks time! EDD is 27/8/16 based on my last menses...not sure how EDD works as I conceived using iui.

Hi allbwell, I made my appointment yesterday. Was confused with my husband on when and how they calculate the dates. My LMP was from 8th to 13th Nov.. do they see the starting date or the last date?
Hi I also made yesterday and they told me earliest is 14jan. I think they have slots but jus wan u to come only on 8weeks and not earlier,otherwise they shld Hv given me 11jan too.
Count by 1st day of last menses.

I wanted to go to dr tham cos he was much raved about and since this is gonna be my last planned pregnancy I wish to try him.
But I really dislike the nurse making the appointment.
Contemplating to go back to my previous gynae....

Hello new mommies, mm can you all tell the nurse you wanted to see Dr Tham earlier? If not maybe see another preferred gynae?

I've heard that usually people see a gynae around that timing but I think a nurse shouldn't restrict that you can come only that week?

Hello new mommies, mm can you all tell the nurse you wanted to see Dr Tham earlier? If not maybe see another preferred gynae?

I've heard that usually people see a gynae around that timing but I think a nurse shouldn't restrict that you can come only that week?
I already called and wanted to change to earlier and she insist no and was quite rude kept asking if I heavy bleeding if not, no change.

It's fine to see gynae at 8 weeks as long as you don't have spotting or previous history of mc. Meanwhile just take your folic acid. Seeing a gynae too early can also cause unnecessary stress especially if they can't detect anything.
I understand as first time mum, it's pretty normal to feel anxious about it. I also had my gynae booking at 9+ weeks when I was pregnant with #1 but I was so anxious that I went to see another gynae (last minute call in type). Looking back, I should have just saved that $200 and go for the planned appointment lol.

Reactions: FFT
I do Hv previous mc before and told her I was wondering in case need to take progesterone pills or something and she said they dun see previous history only by each pregnancy case....

I already called and wanted to change to earlier and she insist no and was quite rude kept asking if I heavy bleeding if not, no change.

Aiyo why so sickening. If everybody bleed then go isn't that too late. Can speak to another nurse?

It's fine to see gynae at 8 weeks as long as you don't have spotting or previous history of mc. Meanwhile just take your folic acid. Seeing a gynae too early can also cause unnecessary stress especially if they can't detect anything.
I understand as first time mum, it's pretty normal to feel anxious about it. I also had my gynae booking at 9+ weeks when I was pregnant with #1 but I was so anxious that I went to see another gynae (last minute call in type). Looking back, I should have just saved that $200 and go for the planned appointment lol.

Actually if the mother wishes to see the gynae earlier, the nurse shouldn't stop. That's what I feel. Cause it can let one feel more secure too or because of any past issue that may need earlier attention.

Unless they have full appt then the mother can decide to wait or seek for another gynae. I feel a nurse can advise but shouldn't restrict..

Cannot be wait till something happens then rush to the gynae right. And the mother does pay so why keep insisting that they can only come at week 8.

Aiyo why so sickening. If everybody bleed then go isn't that too late. Can speak to another nurse?
Actually I called to try my luck if got another nurse and my call but no leh...same person as yesterday...haizzzz
Good gynae bad nurse...ok gynae better nurse....which to choose?

I think it could also be the doctor's instruction to schedule appointment only at 8 weeks because some gynae have very packed schedule. But no excuse for the nurse to be rude. Honestly I would look for another gynae if I encounter a rude nurse because I don't want to deal with her every appointment.

Actually I called to try my luck if got another nurse and my call but no leh...same person as yesterday...haizzzz
Good gynae bad nurse...ok gynae better nurse....which to choose?

I feel you. I don't like bad nurse too. I think most importantly is you must be able to accept cause you will be the one going to that place throughout your pregnancy.

I think it could also be the doctor's instruction to schedule appointment only at 8 weeks because some gynae have very packed schedule. But no excuse for the nurse to be rude. Honestly I would look for another gynae if I encounter a rude nurse because I don't want to deal with her every appointment.

True that! Everytime gotta see the nurse and what if she's the only nurse there. But that depends on the Mommy too. Maybe she really like Dr Tham and willing to forgo that rude nurse part..

For my first pregnancy I was also asked to see the dr at 7 weeks. If you go too early you might not see anything. So don't worry :) If I don't like the nurse it's ok. It's the gynea that matters. If the nurse is rude just do a feedback.

Hi mommies, what have you all been having for dinner despite feeling nauseated? I realised my evening sickness is usually worse than morning and am stressed to think about dinner everyday.

So here to ask for some ideas to try on myself..

Back