2016/07 July babies

Send an email to PEM confinement agency asking on some enquiries, end up they reply my mail with questions for me instead. Does all these factors they asking affect the pricing?
Below is what they asking me :-
4) Is this your first pregnancy or second?
6) Is your baby Singaporean?
7) Who is staying with you during your confinement?
9) Do my nanny have the seperate room with newborn baby? Or she need to share-room with others?
10) Will the nanny need to cook and laundry for the whole family or just mother and newborn baby only?
11) Do you have any pets like dogs and cats?
12) Do you have any domestic helper?

I think call them better. But maybe I already have a CL in mind so they probably know if the CL can accept things like pets, etc. So not much questions asked. However I feel some questions are necessary as some CL can't deal with say pets, again. These do not alter pricing; but more for matching a CL based on your condition.

Do note some conditions ask for some top up (example double storey house), amongst others.

How did you all inform your boss of your pregnancy? No one in my office knows yet...

I only told my big boss and another colleague earlier this week. I break the news by, "I have something to tell you..." and i touched my tummy. Both were kinda shocked and exclaimed that i have been hiding very well. It really came as a surprise to them as i displayed no symptoms at work and only took two half days off (for gynae checks) in the last 3 months.

I could sense that they were happy for me, but yet feeling a little unhappy that i only told them this late. They accepted my explanation that the announcement to them was "as soon as i could".

There are more in my team but i told the two to keep this low key even though i have moved on to second trimester. The purpose of informing just those two is to see how appropriate work arrangements can be made while i'm away. I have also told the good news to my parents and in-laws only last weekend. Relatives are still not aware. I dont intend to share with the rest of the people openly until they notice the bump themselves.

Initially, i was very excited and wanted the whole world to know about the pregnancy right from the start. But as i go along, i think that there is no real need to really share unless you need people to understand what you are going through and be more forgiving if you need to be excused from work, need their help and support or to minimise any strenuous physical activities at work.

My bump still hide-able in my opinion so i shall continue to dismiss any speculations. Now i feel very 'shiok' disguising my pregnancy.

@KWL haha what a cute way to inform your boss! I think I will inform next week during week 14. Else I scare my boss might not be happy too! Same same.. I don't intend to announce to other people till they notice the bump!

phew.... I just break the news to my boss... really sweat.
hahaha.... think he outdated already cos his son turning 9yrs old.
Told him my EDD, he ask me what is EDD. pengz... hahaha

I think my mom is worse. Told her few days ago my Edd is July. She asked so fast? This year or next year?

Me and siblings joked then that we all 4 were really picked from garbage dump.

Haha. @redvel's mom is so cute. My boss knew when I was week 8 cos of all the spotting issue and she was really supportive. And I told my staff around week 10 cos I was constantly away and they were really supportive. Recently my director found out from my boss and he is of course happy and always helping me to advertise to the entire department -_- Hahaha

For those who have informed your bosses, you all just said "boss, I'm pregnant. Edd xx july"? Anything else to add? Lol. I still dunno how to announce.

Hee my mom really CMI. But then she is coming 70 yo. Memory definitely fading.

I think I'm fortunate as during all my past bfps with MC, and also my ivf attempts, my management has been supportive. I have been away for long period few times during my employment.

Hellopanda, I will also discuss with my boss what would be the plans ahead (although it's her job to do this) during my maternity leave. At least make her known you'll be back after that long leave.

For those who have informed your bosses, you all just said "boss, I'm pregnant. Edd xx july"? Anything else to add? Lol. I still dunno how to announce.
I told her about my Edd but in 3rd trimester will discuss with her about work arrangement ... Still not sure if shld take 16 maternity leave at 1 go or break the leave up

Working mummies wld u be taking 16 weeks at 1 go?

I am definitely taking all 16 weeks at one go. 16 weeks of zero work stress is better than keeping some of the leave for later but having the stress start earlier.

My working environment is quite forgiving so I will take whole 16 wks at one go. In future along the way if need leave for bb then I can discuss with my boss.

I am thinking of taking 12 weeks and saving the other 4 weeks to jan so that I can spend some time with the elder gal as she is going to primary one next year....
Hmmm still not too sure

I keeping 4weeks. Cause after baby is born a lot of jabs to take all the way up to 18mths. These jabs may cause baby to have fever. So need to standby.

I told my bosses after I went for my first appt, at about 10 weeks. I went "for resource planning purposes, I have sth to tell u...". And they immediately guessed haha...

Just got back my panorama results, I'm in the pink team! So excited!

I told my boss after my first visit to gynae. As this is my third they were really surprised coz they tot I'm stopping at 2! Ha ha.. But yes he is very supportive. He always tell me if I'm not feeling well I can leave early.

I will be taking 16 weeks one shot too. For the first one, I rem only taking 10 weeks and forgoing 6 weeks coz last time very chiong. 2nd one I took 13 weeks and this time round, bo chao liao... Going to take full 16 weeks and I told my boss abt it! And of coz since this is entitlement, he says sure!!!

And lastly even though I love to be in the blue team, my gynae Haven tell me the gender of my bb... Hopefully I really can stay in the blue team. Shall update you all once I see my gynae at the 16 weeks in the first week of feb!

U just pause there. See what they ask you. Smile if you don't know what to say. If u have decided to take 4 mths leave at a shot, u can take the chance to state your preference and negotiate. I didnt bring it up because I wanted to sense their reactions first.

Most probably, this will be a surprise to them. They won't be able to be so rational and react so fast. It will likely be simple congratulatory wishes and asking you how far you are into pregnancy, asking which gynae/ hospital and whether you know the gender of baby. These are the usual immediate reactions after announcing.

Work arrangements considerations/ concerns will probably haunt them after a day or so when the fact finally sinks in. I anticipated that my boss will speak to my cover. So I did some prep work beforehand by sharing with my cover about my thoughts on how my work can be re-distributed in my absence in the morning. It does help in a way or other because my boss felt awkward speaking to me directly and approached her instead. At least people don't feel that you just leave them in the lurch and will be more willing to help you cover your work.

Anyway if you are undecided if you want to take 16 weeks at a shot or not, you may want to think about the nature of your work, whether your company belongs to private or public sector, and if there is adequate coverage during your absence. You should also consider your leave entitlement, HR policy and whether there is any work flexibility in your organization.

Just my humble thoughts :)

I'm excited as I just felt a moment ago like two popcorns just popped in my left tum (where I can feel my uterus. Like a hard tennis ball) while lying still in bed. And I swear it's not gas as nothing happened after that :):)

Congrats redvel - that must be your Princess moving! :) I'm also looking fwd to the time when we can actually see the movements eg elbow or fist rolling, or entire tummy rocking.

Thank you tuna. I'm penning this moment down in my pregnancy phone app.

I'm with you on that. It's so amazing watching video clips of babies doing their thangs! But somehow kinda worrying since the umbilical cord is there. Talking about that I stop my crocheting since bfp. An old wives tale during pregnancy. But I have so many things in mind to needlework for my missy.

Redevel princess moving ! Amazing feeling right?
I never really see the elbows tummy rocking during the first pregnancy ... She is mostly stretching and having hiccups. Hope this princess is more active in the tummy ... Hehehe

Everyone is getting excited with the baby movement and gender.

We can organize to do romper for our baby first gathering... So exciting...

Is anyone's EDD on or around 14 Jul? I am totally lost regarding the number of weeks I am at now. Lost track.

My EDD changes time to time too. So much so that I don't bother to ask my gynae the exact anymore. He says EDD is just a guide and only God will decide when she will pop.

Based on 10July, I'm 15w 6d today. Therefore if you're 14July, then you're 15w 2d.

Hey, first time mum here! :) a bit nervous about my pregnancy but so far trying to stay positive! ☺️

My EDD is 05 July, so I'm guessing I'm in week 16 now! I wonder I belong to which group.....

I told her about my Edd but in 3rd trimester will discuss with her about work arrangement ... Still not sure if shld take 16 maternity leave at 1 go or break the leave up

Working mummies wld u be taking 16 weeks at 1 go?

I took 16 weeks at a go for my first and intend to do so for the second. I plan vaccinations on Saturday and take Monday off in case of fever.

I took three months for #1 and the remaining weeks, I took wed off every week till I cleared all my leave. It was a good time spent w my lo but at the expense of admin work. If ur job allows u to be really off work while u are on leave, then this plan is good. For my #2, I plan to clear all my leaves one shot.

I always find my bb size like rather on the small side based on EDD. But since my gynae is not concerned I guess I shouldn't be.

I alter my birth week from 34wks onwards depending on bb size too.
My no2 was smaller size so she was actually naturally induced as she stop growing in the womb at 38wks 2days and No3 came out himself early at 37wks 2days just like his oldest sister my no1(37wks5days) so for this current one I am counting at 37wks for my whole gestation .

Hi mummies!!!

Sorry I haven't been checking anything much here. Its been a trying and tiring January with my 11 month old from high fever to infection to surgery. I'm almost dying!!!

For those that wants to be added in to the secret group....please please please add me as a friend first in facebook ([email protected]) before I can add you to the group.

Mummies that is always here please help to bump or re-quote this message to any new mummies that might have missed this out....ok?

Take care lovelies and hope everyone have been doing well!!

PS: Yes the Facebook Group is very active with alot of mummies and support!! Do join ok!
Hi, can add me to the fb grp pls? EDD is 25 Jul.
i can't seem to find you on fb =x
My email is [email protected]
Thanks much!

@I0v3s - Great! Let's see if we pop tog.

Is there anyone here who didn't go through any of the Panorama / verifi / Harmony tests and yet already know the gender? My little chap danced with the legs firmly closed during the scan, couldn't see anything. Gotta wait till the next visit.

@I0v3s - Great! Let's see if we pop tog.

Is there anyone here who didn't go through any of the Panorama / verifi / Harmony tests and yet already know the gender? My little chap danced with the legs firmly closed during the scan, couldn't see anything. Gotta wait till the next visit.

I did just the normal blood and Oscar test and got to know the gender last week. Boys are pretty obvious .

Back