2016/07 July babies

I'm preparing the confinement stuff now, just notice there are three type of Chee Seng Sesame Oil. Normally which one is use for confinement? Confused.

Attachments

• Chee Seng Pure Black Sesame Oil.png
    Chee Seng Pure Black Sesame Oil.png
    106.9 KB · Views: 158
  • Chee Seng Pure White Sesame Oil 2.png
    Chee Seng Pure White Sesame Oil 2.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 159
  • Chee Seng Pure White Sesame Oil.jpg
    Chee Seng Pure White Sesame Oil.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 160

Any of you went through confinement without air con? My air con spoilt, and found out i pregnant before installing the new air con. Elderly advise no installing and hacking during pregnancy. So my coming confinement will be quite miserable i think, and my elder sis advise not to direct face to the fan?

@Pb Ng - you were asked to get a specific brand of sesame oil? For my past 2 confinements, the CL used whatever I had at that time, they didnt raise any issues, and I don't think it was even a Chee Seng one.

Can't advise on confinement without aircon, I had aircon at night, and fan at full blast in day time, esp when breast feeding. Even then, I found the heat quite unbearable in the daytime because of all the ginger and wine consumed :eek: Maybe try to stay near opened windows when feeding so you can cool down a bit, if that's allowed for you.

The FM that the hospital gives babies will depend on whichever brand the hospital is using at that point in time.

I think normally hospital will have a few brand of fm. They will ask for your preference.. If it's not too exotic brand, they will have de. Actually the bb can live without our milk for one day since he will have some reserve. But the problem is that he must pee and poo before he can be discharged. For my 1st one I insisted on bm but on the last day she din poo so went ahead to have fm and she Poo then can discharge.
For the 2nd one, I did not insist but when the nurse came in the middle of the night, I was sleeping soundly and she told me that she will give fm and ask me to rest more. So I happily went back to sleep and bb was fed fm.
I will see on the supply when I'm in the hospital. Since third one liao, either the supply will come in easier or I will latch with more experience(I hope la). If not then I will ask the nurse to feed her with fm. Now I seriously dun think it's such a big deal liao.. Fm and bm also milk so long she is taking it. It's not as if i will stop giving her bm once she started on Fm.

As for confinement without aircon is a bit of challenging since weather a bit siao siao these few days. On top of it we can't have fan blowing at us. Seriously if we can have fan, I will prefer fan than aircon coz normally nb bb doesn't like aircon. If I can have fan I can still sleep with my bb.
But is it true that we can't have fan?? Pls enlighten me.. Is aircon or fan more harmful to us during confinement?

Can I check How many pails of herbal water is used each time for shower n washing hair ?
Normally I will have 2 red pails of water for washing hair and showering. If juz shower then 1 pail is enough. (Ps: I have waist long hair)

As for confinement without aircon is a bit of challenging since weather a bit siao siao these few days. On top of it we can't have fan blowing at us. Seriously if we can have fan, I will prefer fan than aircon coz normally nb bb doesn't like aircon. If I can have fan I can still sleep with my bb.
But is it true that we can't have fan?? Pls enlighten me.. Is aircon or fan more harmful to us during confinement?

Some advise aircon is better than fan. But for my case, since aircon spoilt my only choice is using fan. Just that my sis said dont let the fan direct blow to me, just let it rotate. Yup, i agree that is challenging during confinement without aircon especially the weather here so hot. Haiz..

@Pb Ng - you were asked to get a specific brand of sesame oil? For my past 2 confinements, the CL used whatever I had at that time, they didnt raise any issues, and I don't think it was even a Chee Seng one.

Can't advise on confinement without aircon, I had aircon at night, and fan at full blast in day time, esp when breast feeding. Even then, I found the heat quite unbearable in the daytime because of all the ginger and wine consumed :eek: Maybe try to stay near opened windows when feeding so you can cool down a bit, if that's allowed for you.

The FM that the hospital gives babies will depend on whichever brand the hospital is using at that point in time.

Chee Seng brand seems easy to find in NTUC and everywhere. Just that now only i notice got three type of sesame oil so not sure which one to buy. Just wonder black sesame oil or white sesame oil more suitable for confinement?

Chee Seng brand seems easy to find in NTUC and everywhere. Just that now only i notice got three type of sesame oil so not sure which one to buy. Just wonder black sesame oil or white sesame oil more suitable for confinement?

for confinement, you need to use black sesame oil. :)

Some advise aircon is better than fan. But for my case, since aircon spoilt my only choice is using fan. Just that my sis said dont let the fan direct blow to me, just let it rotate. Yup, i agree that is challenging during confinement without aircon especially the weather here so hot. Haiz..

it's better not to let the fan blow directly at you during confinement.
I did that for my #3 and then after that i had "feng shi". So sometimes it's better to believe it and take extra care... :)

@verluv thanks cos last pregnancy I just bath n wash hair as normal using shower head... Was wondering if need to prepare many Pails of herbal water ...
@Pb Ng
U can install aircon while u r not in the house... Depend on how pantang u r... I didn't on the aircon during last confinement in July too but that was years bk... E weather isn't as bad as now.. We insisted not installing aircon at our new place but gave in during this pregnancy cos I sweat terribly ( I'm the easily cold type , on fan power 1 to slp at night pre preg is fine for me) I went out during the installation of air con

Hi ladies .. Anyone plan to induce or wait till the day u feel the contraction then go to hospital ?

Actually our new place has had reno works; I just left the house when the stuff were being done. We collected the keys and couple weeks later found out the bfp. But all these depends how comfy/pantung you are.

My first confinement was in Aug month when I had MC. It was a damn hot month. I feel it's better to have Aircon than fan. Aircon brings the temp down without having to blow directly at you like a fan does.

I will prefer to let my bb decide when she wanna be out. Unless there are signs of stress or she is long overdue.

Emk, I wonder under what circumstances you like to try inducing ? Since me FTM, I thought feel contraction then admit myself to hospital ?

I rather wait til I have contraction but depending on what doc says.

For #1, doc say induce at 40 weeks exactly since don't want bb to be too big. And that morning, i went into labour. So, just nice...

@redvel my Edd on 13 July but gynae said likely to give birth on 5 or 6 July. I start my annual leave on 4 July and I'll be at home alone with my dog.. I afraid what if I feel contraction at home and don't know what should I do .. And my hubby work place at paya lebar so if he rush back to fetch me to hospital also take 30mins to reach home .I also ftm and I don't know how is contraction feel like .. What if I though it just a stomach pain and never go to hospital how haha

@redvel my Edd on 13 July but gynae said likely to give birth on 5 or 6 July. I start my annual leave on 4 July and I'll be at home alone with my dog.. I afraid what if I feel contraction at home and don't know what should I do .. And my hubby work place at paya lebar so if he rush back to fetch me to hospital also take 30mins to reach home .I also ftm and I don't know how is contraction feel like .. What if I though it just a stomach pain and never go to hospital how haha

First time mum to be too. My Edd on 11/7, I think I will continue to work till the day I give birth. If I feel contraction at work at least still got colleagues around to call for ambulance or send me to hospital. Just contact hubby to go back take hospital bag will do. Is it a good idea? Haha..

@verluv thanks cos last pregnancy I just bath n wash hair as normal using shower head... Was wondering if need to prepare many Pails of herbal water ...
@Pb Ng
U can install aircon while u r not in the house... Depend on how pantang u r... I didn't on the aircon during last confinement in July too but that was years bk... E weather isn't as bad as now.. We insisted not installing aircon at our new place but gave in during this pregnancy cos I sweat terribly ( I'm the easily cold type , on fan power 1 to slp at night pre preg is fine for me) I went out during the installation of air con

Heard that just one pail is enough for herbal water, but the pail size is like the mopping pail. Big one. My friends and sis said actually can just wipe the body instead of bath as usual. So one pail is enough.

My hubby decided to follow the elderly advice can only do hacking and installing after baby full month. Hope that the weather not so bad during my confinement. Pray hard. :p

it's better not to let the fan blow directly at you during confinement.
I did that for my #3 and then after that i had "feng shi". So sometimes it's better to believe it and take extra care... :)

Ok, will take note and won't let the fan blow directly to me. Thanks for the advise. :)

Ok, will take note and won't let the fan blow directly to me. Thanks for the advise. :)
My #1, I did confinement during the most hazy period. Windows all closed n used only fan. Fan cannot even blow directly. Sweat like mad. This time I service my aircon before go on delivery. My mum always say take a broom sweep sweep, then do the moving or install of anything during pregnancy. Must is pregnant lady not in the hse during that period. The sweep ask DH to go it. My LO bed is set up during my hospital stay. maybe u can arrange the air con installation during ur hospital stay. Heehee

Piglet, my goodness that must have felt like sauna for 28days.

I also wonder how contraction feels like. My hubby's work/project can be highly P&C which locates him at places where he has to surrender his mobile phone. Only his work team is able to reach him at these times. I'm given his office colleagues contacts so in case I need to be admitted while he is uncontactable by me, I'll call them then they will reach him immediately. He told his colleagues he will give up anything in the world to cut his daughter's umbilical cord. Lol.

I also kiasu keep a super thick towel (those big and thick beach towel) today in the car. In case my water broke while driving or the unexpected happens like give birth in car (if lucky haha.. Means no need go through long labor).

Maybe experienced mummies here can share how was your initial contraction feeling on your #1 #2?

For the bath pail, yes just one pail of those mop floor size will do. Fill it to about two third. I guess your CL will know, if you're engaging one. My last confinement was done by my mil. She boiled one round early in morning before work. That will fill up about half pail. By the time I'm ready to bathe, the water has cooled down but I'll boil more water to add in. Comfy temperature thereafter then you can bathe (must be boiled water; cannot just use shower head water to add). My method is dry cleanse myself with cetaphil. Wipe off with a cloth, then rinse myself with the herbal water. As for the hair, by 3rd day I felt like there were a million ticks on my head, despite dry shampoo. So actually I still played cheat by washing hair normal but just less frequency. Must blow dry after that.

First time mum to be too. My Edd on 11/7, I think I will continue to work till the day I give birth. If I feel contraction at work at least still got colleagues around to call for ambulance or send me to hospital. Just contact hubby to go back take hospital bag will do. Is it a good idea? Haha..
@Pb Ng, I heard if call ambulance they will send u to kkh and not other private hospital ..I don't know true or not la haha and I think we need to bring admission letter along too

Yes, if you have a specific hospital, do call that hospital's ambulance number instead or they'll send you to the nearest public hospital.

Or just call cab!

Hi ladies .. Anyone plan to induce or wait till the day u feel the contraction then go to hospital ?
I was in dilemma too, but heard induce the contractions pain can be fast and furious. And if fails to induce, have to emer csect..my doc says my size best to deliver baby weigh below 3kg, but my baby weight been blooming rapidly these 2 wks, by 38wk must have hit over 3kg . Don't know shld induce anot ....haiz

I was in dilemma too, but heard induce the contractions pain can be fast and furious. And if fails to induce, have to emer csect..my doc says my size best to deliver baby weigh below 3kg, but my baby weight been blooming rapidly these 2 wks, by 38wk must have hit over 3kg . Don't know shld induce anot ....haiz
Ya if fail to induce need to c sec .. If wait till contraction then may have drama ..my colleague wait till contraction and go to hospital but too late to take epidural, she got no choice but to take laughing gas and push the baby out. Luckily this is her #2 so only push for 45 mins .. And she said laughing gas doesn't help .. Very painful. And I also heard from my friend her colleague water bag burst in the office, luckily she is well prepare, she pack two hospital bag, one in office one at home. And after that no one dare to walk pass her desk because very smelly.. The water from water bag is very thick and sticky and smelly ..

@Pb Ng, I heard if call ambulance they will send u to kkh and not other private hospital ..I don't know true or not la haha and I think we need to bring admission letter along too

Oh, then call cab better. haha.

Based on the TMC hospital tour, they said can just proceed to level 2 delivery suite first. Then the registration issue can do later on. I think to play safe i just keep the admission letter in my bag and make a copy of the letter to put in hospital bag. :)

Ya if fail to induce need to c sec .. If wait till contraction then may have drama ..my colleague wait till contraction and go to hospital but too late to take epidural, she got no choice but to take laughing gas and push the baby out. Luckily this is her #2 so only push for 45 mins .. And she said laughing gas doesn't help .. Very painful. And I also heard from my friend her colleague water bag burst in the office, luckily she is well prepare, she pack two hospital bag, one in office one at home. And after that no one dare to walk pass her desk because very smelly.. The water from water bag is very thick and sticky and smelly ..

Yes, if you have a specific hospital, do call that hospital's ambulance number instead or they'll send you to the nearest public hospital.

Or just call cab!

Ic, then will just call cab is better.

Exactly, I also very scare the wait till drama happen on its own...haven reach hospital I already scare till faint haha. Btw previously you mention your gynae say most likely you to deliver a week earlier, how come?

My #1, I did confinement during the most hazy period. Windows all closed n used only fan. Fan cannot even blow directly. Sweat like mad. This time I service my aircon before go on delivery. My mum always say take a broom sweep sweep, then do the moving or install of anything during pregnancy. Must is pregnant lady not in the hse during that period. The sweep ask DH to go it. My LO bed is set up during my hospital stay. maybe u can arrange the air con installation during ur hospital stay. Heehee

Oh, gosh. With all windows closed and the most hazy period. Salute.. :p

Yup, your idea of installing air con during my hospital stay is not bad. :)

Exactly, I also very scare the wait till drama happen on its own...haven reach hospital I already scare till faint haha. Btw previously you mention your gynae say most likely you to deliver a week earlier, how come?
Because my baby bigger than ideal weight and from his experience he think I will deliver early. I was told by friends around me that it's quite common that our Edd will change towards later stage of pregnancy. Depends on the position of the baby also and how low the baby goes.. Baby have to be at birth canal to have natural birth.

Oh, then call cab better. haha.

Based on the TMC hospital tour, they said can just proceed to level 2 delivery suite first. Then the registration issue can do later on. I think to play safe i just keep the admission letter in my bag and make a copy of the letter to put in hospital bag. :)
I think our safety comes first, admission letter family later time can bring over, can't be they see we so in pain don't let us admit ? My thinking....hee...btw your will bring own pyjamas? But tmc will still provide their hospital wear during our stay right?

I think our safety comes first, admission letter family later time can bring over, can't be they see we so in pain don't let us admit ? My thinking....hee...btw your will bring own pyjamas? But tmc will still provide their hospital wear during our stay right?

Yup, the staff there mentioned can just proceed to delivery suite let them check on our condition first. The rest can let family member to settle later. Yup, TMC will provide hospital gown which is breastfeeding friendly. So i not intend to bring own pyjamas, as i seldom wear pyjamas at home too.

I have strep b so I think I'll go hospital as soon as I have contractions for antibiotics to work.

Anyway, I stay only mins away from the hospital. Hehe...

Is that doc's advice if one has strep b? I will know if i have that this thur.

Oh so good being so near the delivery suite heh.

My second was induced, and the delivery was really a lot more painful than the first. Was induced that time as my EDD was adjusted towards the end and she was quite overdue.

@tuna, did you take epidural? Mine was induced with epidural and no pain at all.

@redvel I read online and anyway, doc also said need antibiotics drip. Strep b is quite common. Affects 20% of the people. I wonder if anyone else have it here.

@misty - I didn't take epidural. Scared of needles. Would rather endure the pain, can't overcome fear of the needle.
Did u hv strep b for ur first one?

Anyone starting to wear pad yet? I hv, scared waterbag burst outside, too much drama, so wear to play safe. Then after reading emk's post about the colleague whose bag burst and the fluid being thick and smelly, I think I want to buy surgical pad to put on my bed in case it bursts when I'm sleeping. Anyone has experience with the waterbag bursting on its own? Both my previous were done by doc, so I dunno what it's like, bit anxious now.

@misty - I didn't take epidural. Scared of needles. Would rather endure the pain, can't overcome fear of the needle.
Did u hv strep b for ur first one?

Anyone starting to wear pad yet? I hv, scared waterbag burst outside, too much drama, so wear to play safe. Then after reading emk's post about the colleague whose bag burst and the fluid being thick and smelly, I think I want to buy surgical pad to put on my bed in case it bursts when I'm sleeping. Anyone has experience with the waterbag bursting on its own? Both my previous were done by doc, so I dunno what it's like, bit anxious now.
Mine leaked for my first...but not smelly n thick...in fact no smelll

As the day approaches, I'm feeling more anxious especially on the pain Earlier on I never had given much thought.

I think likely I'll be the first to pop in this July group since high chance mine will come out in June. Let's see if she would be a Gemini or Cancer.

As the day approaches, I'm feeling more anxious especially on the pain Earlier on I never had given much thought.

I think likely I'll be the first to pop in this July group since high chance mine will come out in June. Let's see if she would be a Gemini or Cancer.

I just bought water proof mattress protector to prevent leakage to my mattress.

redvel: When is your edd? Me too, anxious and a bit excited as the day approaches. I not sure if i can bear with the pain, try my best to give birth naturally. As i wanted to c-sec initially. My edd 11/7, no matter he pop out end June or July, would be Cancer. :p

I just bought water proof mattress protector to prevent leakage to my mattress.

redvel: When is your edd? Me too, anxious and a bit excited as the day approaches. I not sure if i can bear with the pain, try my best to give birth naturally. As i wanted to c-sec initially. My edd 11/7, no matter he pop out end June or July, would be Cancer. :p
My Edd is 1jul.

Your doc will do a vaginal swap (mine done at 34weeks) if you're opting for natural. I do read too it's quite common but the IV drip will kill the germs before bb is delivered through the canal.

Back