(2015/6) June 2015 Mummies

Hi hi ..
Just went for my first gynae visit at week 7 & both me & hub managed to see & hear the baby's heartbeat ..
During my second pregnancy, we could only see the blinking heartbeat but cant hear the heartbeat ..
Unfortunately the baby stopped growing & no heartbeats at week 8 ..
So now with the current pregnancy, i am quite kiasi ..
No travelling, minimum amount of caffeine & less stress at work ..
The gynae is going to see me again at wk 10 & wk 12 ..
Just to play safe ..
Have a great week ahead !!
Congrats :)

@hi_mei thanks I'm feeling better but every now and then when I get cramps (which I never had in my first pregnancy) I get so scared and paranoid I run to the toilet to check for spotting. :/

This pregnancy is quite different from the last. At 8 weeks I'm so big and everyone at work keeps looking at me suspiciously guessing amongst themselves if I'm expecting. My bellys grown so much I'm already in maternity clothes and I'm breathless like I was in my third trimester the last time. First pregnancy I didn't show until I was 7 months! At this rate I'm growing I dunno if I may just literally burst. @_@
Babe.. we are having similar issues...

This is my second pregnancy and it's totally different from my #1. I having really sore boobies, and my tummy is really bloated. So far no bad ms but I had spotting yesterday.

Went for an emergency checkup and was told it's old blood, nothing serious and bb is doing fine.

I can't wait to regain my energy soon. Feeling v tired for this pregnancy. Praying for a smooth one too.

How old is your #1?

Babe.. we are having similar issues...

This is my second pregnancy and it's totally different from my #1. I having really sore boobies, and my tummy is really bloated. So far no bad ms but I had spotting yesterday.

Went for an emergency checkup and was told it's old blood, nothing serious and bb is doing fine.

I can't wait to regain my energy soon. Feeling v tired for this pregnancy. Praying for a smooth one too.

How old is your #1?
Hihi dun worry about the cramp. I also experiencing the same and gyne said is because of the uterus expanding. I thot it was previously already expanded (during my #1) n gyne pointed that yes but is contracted back and now re - expanding which cause the cramp. As long is not those painful cramp till u bearable and no bright red blood is generally ok.

@icyjol we have same EDD.

If u are more comfortable and don't mind paying a bit more, I think pte is better. I am currently with KKH but shd be switching to pte after first tri. Some Pte ones are almost compatible price with KKH.

@hi_mei,

So which gynae you changing to? I think if possible I am planning for natural with epidural... hee.. still a long way though.. *^_^*

Yest went my in-laws place.. wah they burn the mosquito coil incense very choking.. make me difficult to breathe.. I asked my hubby faster go back home.. then when home i went to google.. found tat the incense will actually cause miscarriage *shocked* but lucky till today I dont have any cramp or tummy pain.. hope everything is alright. I told my hubby to tell my in laws to burn the mosquito incense only after we leave the house next time but my hubby dont dare to tell -_- hope they dont burn again when I am there.. worry my baby.. first baby after trying for 1.5 yrs.. of coz must be super careful and protective =x

Hi momz-to-be!

I have just joined this forum and my edd is in June 2015.
How is everyone here dealing with MS? I started having really bad MS since last week and i can barely travel to work without gagging my way on the train.. :(:(:(

Thanks ladies!

Hi momz-to-be!

How is everyone here dealing with MS? I started having really bad MS since last week and i can barely travel to work without gagging my way on the train.. :(:(:(

Thanks ladies!

Congrats & welcome!! :)

@hi_mei,

So which gynae you changing to? I think if possible I am planning for natural with epidural... hee.. still a long way though.. *^_^*

Yest went my in-laws place.. wah they burn the mosquito coil incense very choking.. make me difficult to breathe.. I asked my hubby faster go back home.. then when home i went to google.. found tat the incense will actually cause miscarriage *shocked* but lucky till today I dont have any cramp or tummy pain.. hope everything is alright. I told my hubby to tell my in laws to burn the mosquito incense only after we leave the house next time but my hubby dont dare to tell -_- hope they dont burn again when I am there.. worry my baby.. first baby after trying for 1.5 yrs.. of coz must be super careful and protective =x

OMG is it any kind of incense???? Or just the mosquito type?

@hi_mei,

I gg to a gynae at Serangoon/Bishan most likely... Near my hse lor. No need to be famous gynae la.

Eeee. Ur hubby dun wanna say then u say urself la!! Baby is precious mah!

Hi momz-to-be!

Thanks ladies!
I don't really know how to deal with it as I am first time mummy too... But try to make sure u eat enough, don't wait v long to eat or nausea will come. For me I notice that I cannot eat oily stuff, mb u might have noticed that certain foods make the MS worse then just try to avoid.

So far I have controlled my vomiting so I have not puked yet even with v bad nausea. But end up will get diarrhea if nv puke it out. Haha. Either way the food will just come out.

I don't really know how to deal with it as I am first time mummy too... But try to make sure u eat enough, don't wait v long to eat or nausea will come. For me I notice that I cannot eat oily stuff, mb u might have noticed that certain foods make the MS worse then just try to avoid.

So far I have controlled my vomiting so I have not puked yet even with v bad nausea. But end up will get diarrhea if nv puke it out. Haha. Either way the food will just come out.
I agree, avoid spicy and oily food. You might have the cravings sometimes but after you eat it the nausea will gets worse. Mine is this case.. So I try to keep to soupy stuff, but still no rice for me!

@hi_mei,

Ya, if your hb not dare to say, you need to hint to your in law. But I think they will surely understand (I assumed they know you preggie?)

Hihi dun worry about the cramp. I also experiencing the same and gyne said is because of the uterus expanding. I thot it was previously already expanded (during my #1) n gyne pointed that yes but is contracted back and now re - expanding which cause the cramp. As long is not those painful cramp till u bearable and no bright red blood is generally ok.
Sometimes I feel the cramp/pain was due to wind. Somehow my tummy full of wind, and it caused me worse. Especially at night, can't sleep because of that. I even tried ginger drinks but too heaty caused me headache! :(

Sometimes I feel the cramp/pain was due to wind. Somehow my tummy full of wind, and it caused me worse. Especially at night, can't sleep because of that. I even tried ginger drinks but too heaty caused me headache! :(
I think ginger is to make you awake? Peppermint or green tea can remove bloat. I'm not sure, I'm constantly feeling slpy so I bot ginger tea but yet to try..

Maybe can try half a cup first?

Hi hi, be careful with excessive ginger coz it is often the main cause for jaundice ..
Now mc for 2 days due to fever ..
Initially was 38.6 but now subsided to low grade fever on & off ..
Hopefully I will get better tomorrow !!
Checked with gynae & she told me not to be worried & monitor for a week ..

Hi hi, be careful with excessive ginger coz it is often the main cause for jaundice ..
Oh really? Good to know that, thanks for sharing. Do rest well and get well v soon k?!

Get well soon k!

Hi @babyunicorn,

Take care and drink more water & rest well....

Hi bel_vodka,

my edd is also on 18 june.
gynae said I should come back again after 8 weeks to confirm the edd.
He said after 8 weeks, he can confirm for the edd.

as the bb grows then edd will be more accurate.. mine initially was 12 jun then 18 jun :)
im seeing gynae in 2 wks time.. hope to see jumping bean baby by then :)

If I tell later my in laws think i very fussy! Ya they knew about my pregnancy, first thing tell them le.. coz I cannot mop floor all those heavy work liao ma

If I tell later my in laws think i very fussy! Ya they knew about my pregnancy, first thing tell them le.. coz I cannot mop floor all those heavy work liao ma

Do u stay with them?

If not then got to find ways to avoid going at "mosquito hour"...

Agree with hi_mei!

Never stay with them but used to help with their housework, now cannot liao.. Ya, I better try to avoid the mosquito hour!! My fil no fixed time burn de.. he likes then burn.. so hopefully when he burns next time my hubby already finish his dinner then we can head home.. haha!

Can I ask u all a stupid question? In btw gynae appts is like a few weeks.. will you all have negative tots like is the baby growing? Wat if the baby stop growing? I read tat there are ppl whose baby stop growing 2 weeks ago and they only know during their appt.. quite scary..

Never stay with them but used to help with their housework, now cannot liao.. Ya, I better try to avoid the mosquito hour!! My fil no fixed time burn de.. he likes then burn.. so hopefully when he burns next time my hubby already finish his dinner then we can head home.. haha!

Can I ask u all a stupid question? In btw gynae appts is like a few weeks.. will you all have negative tots like is the baby growing? Wat if the baby stop growing? I read tat there are ppl whose baby stop growing 2 weeks ago and they only know during their appt.. quite scary..
Maybe you can try to hint them instead of trying to avoid? I'm sure the parent will surely understand :)
Hmm, negative tot always pop up during pregnancy I guess but no matter what, we still have to stay positive always! Trust God :)

this situation like me before , in june i just got MC , i didn't know my baby already stoped growing in my tummy for almost 2 weeks
but i didn't know , but can still felt nausea n eat alot
when i doing for oscar i just knew the baby heart baby already stop n the baby become smaller

In late april this year, only knew my baby's heart stopped beating & the growth stopped too ..
Only the waterbag continued to grow ..
I din have any nausea, cramps or bleeding ..
So for this pregnancy, my gynae gave Duphaston, a type of 安胎药 ..
And I am super kiasi ..
Other than drank a few sips of wine / champagne at company events which my gynae told me not to exceed 1 glass per week ..
Though she mentioned that the european pregnant women drink almost everyday ..
So no long walks (shopping etc), cannot carry my no. 1, no raw foods (salads, cream with raw eggs, sashimi - the Japs ate often too) & no work stress !!
Raw food is mainly to prevent diarhhoea ..

@icyjoy: yes the whole process of pregnancy is actually a uncertainty to me. Cos we never know Wat is actually going or or will happen. So sometimes really cannot help worrying and for people like us who have mc before will tend to be more kiasi & visit our gyne closer the date. But that's all we can do and in the meanwhile just try to keep a positive mind and enjoy the process. Wat meant to be our will be our ☺

Re negative thot, yes I guess we all do..

Anyway, I had a missed miscarriage before too. It was an empty sac even I was alrdy 5-6w pregnant. I din hv a dnc cos menses came a week later.

For this pregnancy, before my gynae and I talked further, he did a scan first..then proceed to give me duphaston too.

My gynae is quite chilled as long as bb is healthy. He is ok with fresh sashimi, travel etc but no alcohol..

Having said that, this pregnancy is different from the #1 so I still tend to think wild. Shoo shoo, negativity!

Agree that we shld stay healthy, rest while we are tired and enjoy the process of being a queen. :) hakuna matata.

Haha me too...had a mc in April n my first baby after many years...hee...will definitely have negative thoughts, cant wait to go for scan n to see baby....i guess all mothers will have this worry throughout the pregnancy...if baby is growing well etc....like other mothers said, just try to be positive! Be distracted will be good also! Haa...let's all hope n pray for a smooth pregnancy plus delivery for all mothers here ! I like the idea of being queen @missus_bl sounds good!

About negative thots::
Always have them as I will 胡思乱想
Actually when tested positive, was just as I missed the period on the actual day as I have never missed periods. And I tested once only. Becos it was only 4 weeks so no point going to the doc. So waited for the week 7/8. But meanwhile I was thinking did the test kit bluff me? my brain tricked me into thinking I'm pregnant? Am I sure I was pregnant cos I already "announced" to the team? Is the baby growing at all cos I was trying to lose weight in the first place.

this situation like me before , in june i just got MC , i didn't know my baby already stoped growing in my tummy for almost 2 weeks
but i didn't know , but can still felt nausea n eat alot
when i doing for oscar i just knew the baby heart baby already stop n the baby become smaller

Ya, tat was what i read online too! No symptoms nothing and didnt know baby stopped growing. Only visit to gynae 2 weeks later found out baby stopped growing 2 weeks ago.. n strange thing is.. some ppl still experience pregnancy symptoms like ms, nausea during tat 2 weeks.. which is what makes me very scared and worried..

For me.. it is even worse becoz I did not have any pregnancy symptoms not even sore breast bloatedness... nothing at all! And I read no morning sickness moms are more prone to miscarriage... I know have to stay positive but I cant help thinking if my baby is growing inside me.. the wait for the next med appt is torturing..

@babyunicorn - the duphaston u take everyday till 12 weeks? or throughout the pregnancy?

agree with mommies here that positive thoughts help to keep the mind and body going. i am also on duphaston since week 5 - couldnt see baby or yolk sac when i went for my first scan, and there's an unwanted "fluid sac" in the uterus. doc was worried and got me to bed rest since then. week 6 can see baby heartbeat and was so happy! hope my next visit to gynea will give good news that the unwanted "fluid sac" is gone, cuz that may increase my chances of miscarriage. :(

Re negative thot, yes I guess we all do..

Anyway, I had a missed miscarriage before too. It was an empty sac even I was alrdy 5-6w pregnant. I din hv a dnc cos menses came a week later.

For this pregnancy, before my gynae and I talked further, he did a scan first..then proceed to give me duphaston too.

My gynae is quite chilled as long as bb is healthy. He is ok with fresh sashimi, travel etc but no alcohol..

Having said that, this pregnancy is different from the #1 so I still tend to think wild. Shoo shoo, negativity!

Agree that we shld stay healthy, rest while we are tired and enjoy the process of being a queen. :) hakuna matata.

I did ask before on the sashimi part.. gynae said is ok but moderate not too much.. but make sure is fresh sashimi from those restaurants, not those packed kind coz those already put inside quite long. He said in Japan sashimi is actually part of a healthy diet for pregnancy, if no sashimi and sushi then whole of japan pregnant women nothing to eat but he did caution if want to eat can, but must be fresh..

I asked because before I know I was pregnant i ate a whole plate of sashimi and quite alot of raw stuffs at a jap restaurant in hotel mirama.. =x I was so worried when i found out i was pregnant.

agree with mommies here that positive thoughts help to keep the mind and body going. i am also on duphaston since week 5 - couldnt see baby or yolk sac when i went for my first scan, and there's an unwanted "fluid sac" in the uterus. doc was worried and got me to bed rest since then. week 6 can see baby heartbeat and was so happy! hope my next visit to gynea will give good news that the unwanted "fluid sac" is gone, cuz that may increase my chances of miscarriage. :(

Can see baby heartbeat at 6 weeks is a very positive sign! :)

@icyjoy: the duphaston is only for 2-3 weeks ..
Have to eat 2 tablets a day ..
It is okay if i forgot or skip one tablet ..
I will be meeting the gynae at week 10 & week 12 ..

I did ask before on the sashimi part.. gynae said is ok but moderate not too much.. but make sure is fresh sashimi from those restaurants, not those packed kind coz those already put inside quite long. He said in Japan sashimi is actually part of a healthy diet for pregnancy, if no sashimi and sushi then whole of japan pregnant women nothing to eat but he did caution if want to eat can, but must be fresh..

I asked because before I know I was pregnant i ate a whole plate of sashimi and quite alot of raw stuffs at a jap restaurant in hotel mirama.. =x I was so worried when i found out i was pregnant.
It's okay since now your bb is well and healthy.

I did hot yoga, ipl at my V and full body massage during my 2WW! My gynae said since I know I'm pregnant now, stop hot yoga first.

For sashimi, I took during my last trim or rather few days before I seh in plaza scott hotel. Hehe. My daughter is all well now. :)

Ya, tat was what i read online too! No symptoms nothing and didnt know baby stopped growing. Only visit to gynae 2 weeks later found out baby stopped growing 2 weeks ago.. n strange thing is.. some ppl still experience pregnancy symptoms like ms, nausea during tat 2 weeks.. which is what makes me very scared and worried..

For me.. it is even worse becoz I did not have any pregnancy symptoms not even sore breast bloatedness... nothing at all! And I read no morning sickness moms are more prone to miscarriage... I know have to stay positive but I cant help thinking if my baby is growing inside me.. the wait for the next med appt is torturing..

@babyunicorn - the duphaston u take everyday till 12 weeks? or throughout the pregnancy?
My #1 pregnancy vomit until I can stay inside the toilet.

#2 oso wanna vomit but ended mmc.

This one v minimal vomit which only started ytd.

Think every pregnancy is different, so is every women. saying the stronger your ms means the stronger the pregnancy isjuz to make the women with ms feel better.

Let's not think too much abt it! :)

@icyjoy: the duphaston is only for 2-3 weeks ..
Have to eat 2 tablets a day ..
It is okay if i forgot or skip one tablet ..
I will be meeting the gynae at week 10 & week 12 ..
I think some days I forgot and took like 3! Lol.

I'm seeing my gynae next week at ard 9w1d. Hope to see some wiggling too. :)

It's okay since now your bb is well and healthy.

I did hot yoga, ipl at my V and full body massage during my 2WW! My gynae said since I know I'm pregnant now, stop hot yoga first.

For sashimi, I took during my last trim or rather few days before I seh in plaza scott hotel. Hehe. My daughter is all well now. :)

OMG!! Hot yoga and IPL at V!! I bot a groupon for eyelash extension and booked appt but once i found out I pregnant I didn't even go for the appt.. now the groupon sits in my cupboard waiting for expiry in Jan 2015!

9 wks can see movement already?? Last wk I went was 8wks.. gynae only let me see the baby blinking indicating heartbeat and measure the CRL.. next appt 2 wks later at 10 wks.. it is such a long wait to next wk!!!!!!! I hope my baby is growing inside...

The MS thing apparently they say is caused by hormones. Pregnancy u have surging hormones to support the baby.. those no MS hor lesser hormones.. tat's y higher miscarriage risk

OMG!! Hot yoga and IPL at V!! I bot a groupon for eyelash extension and booked appt but once i found out I pregnant I didn't even go for the appt.. now the groupon sits in my cupboard waiting for expiry in Jan 2015!

9 wks can see movement already?? Last wk I went was 8wks.. gynae only let me see the baby blinking indicating heartbeat and measure the CRL.. next appt 2 wks later at 10 wks.. it is such a long wait to next wk!!!!!!! I hope my baby is growing inside...

The MS thing apparently they say is caused by hormones. Pregnancy u have surging hormones to support the baby.. those no MS hor lesser hormones.. tat's y higher miscarriage risk
I wasn't expecting a bfp hence the ipl at V. Lol. Previously I stopped hot yoga during 2WW but menses still v regular. Sakali I'm v lax this mth and got a bfp.

The ms I hate are vomit and sleepiness. 要我老命!really can't wait to get my energy back in 2nd trim.

Back