(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

@Kellyhanz, hv u seen a gynae? if yes,from there u can ask ur gynae where he / she can deliver babies.. then u go for maternity tour and do the calculations on the delivery package.

Hi, tested postive but no sure when EDD. Think either Dec or Jan 2016.

Kellyhanz, I also with Dr Ben Choey. I find him nice and indeed he is handsome. Tmr will be going for 2nd visit as 1st visit is too small unable to see anything just confirm is conceived.

This is my 2nd bb after 6yr.

Hihi, im seeing dr ben choey too.. how do u all find him? Any friends rec to him or? Hw u all find him

Hi mtb, anyone need confinement lady. I can recomend you one aunty which good in cooking and taking care baby. She has experiences for 10+years. Pls pm me.

Hihi, im seeing dr ben choey too.. how do u all find him? Any friends rec to him or? Hw u all find him

I search online, and looking for west area gynae and went to him on last Dec as I felt pain when sexual intercourse. And this time shun bian look go for him lor. I find that when he speak he very soft and slow and make sure you know what he said. He explained to you if have any question. The nurse also good and kind. Explain in details and clear of when to take those calcium and folic acid.

I search online, and looking for west area gynae and went to him on last Dec as I felt pain when sexual intercourse. And this time shun bian look go for him lor. I find that when he speak he very soft and slow and make sure you know what he said. He explained to you if have any question. The nurse also good and kind. Explain in details and clear of when to take those calcium and folic acid.
What is his charges like and where do he deliver? Got package? I also live in the west. I was thinking to see Dr Adrian woodworth in cck initially, but open to other choices.

Hello all, has anyone developed rashes on the sides of tummy area or a red patch of dry skin in face? I'm having both :(
Anyone knows how to tackle these? I'm not concerned abt the tummy part but the red patches on my face are getting bigger

Hi ladies, anyone have less and less MS? I realized my MS is getting lesser after Wk 9. Should I be concern?

Hi faith, same here. my m/s is no vomitting. jus nauseous all the time and no appetite. this is wk 8 and nausea is less. bt still no appetite

my scan is in 2days n hope all is ok. when i googled the response i got was that different bodies cope differently. smtimes the symptoms get less and start again in a few wks

Hi faith, same here. my m/s is no vomitting. jus nauseous all the time and no appetite. this is wk 8 and nausea is less. bt still no appetite

my scan is in 2days n hope all is ok. when i googled the response i got was that different bodies cope differently. smtimes the symptoms get less and start again in a few wks

Hi, hope everything will be good for you!

My next scan is in two weeks time. So far I am I have less nausea feeling, still bloated after eating, but not as bad as last two weeks.

anybody knows the way to recover/prevent constipation? had a bad one on sat so went to kkh 24hrs clinic.... i shall leave out the 'glory' details but am afraid to go through what i've gone thru again......... am currently eating kiwis and oranges.... and drinking more water.....

I feel you. Had a few ordeals spanning 5 hours- 2 days the last few times. Eat obscene amounts of veg. Also have sufficient fruits (at different seatings). Drink at least 2L of water daily. For me currently, 1/3 to 1/2 of my food portion every meal is veg. I have fruits twice a day. I find that constipation is less of an issue. Papaya, milk, lemon flavored water is also helpful for me.

I feel you. Had a few ordeals spanning 5 hours- 2 days the last few times. Eat obscene amounts of veg. Also have sufficient fruits (at different seatings). Drink at least 2L of water daily. For me currently, 1/3 to 1/2 of my food portion every meal is veg. I have fruits twice a day. I find that constipation is less of an issue. Papaya, milk, lemon flavored water is also helpful for me.

@Jeannen we can drink lemon water?? ya.....trying very hard to water parade everyday since then...and morning will take 1 fruit evening another one ... not able to find prune juice yet...

@Jeannen im taking the milk powder suggested by my gyane (Frisomom Gold) and i think it's too 'heaty' for me..... but im perfectly fine with normal cold milk.... what brand do you drink ?

Last edited:
@Jeannen we can drink lemon water?? ya.....trying very hard to water parade everyday since then...and morning will take 1 fruit evening another one ... not able to find prune juice yet...

Eh...Mildly flavored. (some people purposely drink concentrated dosage of lemon water every morning to go toilet after but that's not the intent here).

For me mild is good regulator. But it varies from individual, so do try a little first to see how it turns out first.

I put 1/6 of a lemon in water. The most I did during the bad episode of constipation was 2/6 slice.

Prune juice can be found in fairprice outlets and other major supermarkets.

Cheers.

Eh...Mildly flavored. (some people purposely drink concentrated dosage of lemon water every morning to go toilet after but that's not the intent here).

For me mild is good regulator. But it varies from individual, so do try a little first to see how it turns out first.

I put 1/6 of a lemon in water. The most I did during the bad episode of constipation was 2/6 slice.

Prune juice can be found in fairprice outlets and other major supermarkets.

Cheers.

my husband went to cold storage yesterday and not able to find.... will try again tonight....

@Jeannen im taking the milk powder suggested by my gyane (Frisomom Gold) and i think it's too 'heaty' for me..... but im perfectly fine with normal cold milk.... what brand do you drink ?

I drink fresh milk (Brownes Brand because I like its taste. But basically I just look out for Australian fresh milk due to their ban of growth hormones and known to have stricter agricultural regulation. Though the following link is an advertorial but I find Dr. Leslie to be very objective:

http://ieatishootipost.sg/marigold-fresh-milk-oh-where-oh-where-does-my-milk-come-from/ ).

I find milk powder too sweet and it is heaty for me too. Gynae doesn't have any recommendation for me. The other nutrients come from eating a variety of food.

Supplements are the usual fish oil, Calcium and vitamins but they do make me feel dehydrated. If it is too bad try to ask your doctor if there is alternative supplements?

I drink fresh milk (Brownes Brand because I like its taste. But basically I just look out for Australian fresh milk due to their ban of growth hormones and known to have stricter agricultural regulation. Though the following link is an advertorial but I find Dr. Leslie to be very objective:

http://ieatishootipost.sg/marigold-fresh-milk-oh-where-oh-where-does-my-milk-come-from/ ).

I find milk powder too sweet and it is heaty for me too. Gynae doesn't have any recommendation for me. The other nutrients come from eating a variety of food.

Supplements are the usual fish oil, Calcium and vitamins but they do make me feel dehydrated. If it is too bad try to ask your doctor if there is alternative supplements?

all along i've been drinking either Paul's or Harvey Fresh Skim milk. When i asked my gyane is it's ok to drink that. He asked me back why i choose to drink skim milk. but later on said its ok to drink that too . maybe i should go back to my old milk... cause all along i don have constipation issue...until recently. Not even when i just found out my pregnancy. my gynae said he will only give me supplements from 3rd month onwards..so now still counting...

all along i've been drinking either Paul's or Harvey Fresh Skim milk. When i asked my gyane is it's ok to drink that. He asked me back why i choose to drink skim milk. but later on said its ok to drink that too . maybe i should go back to my old milk... cause all along i don have constipation issue...until recently. Not even when i just found out my pregnancy. my gynae said he will only give me supplements from 3rd month onwards..so now still counting...

Milk wise, what works well works best, though I still think milk powder is non essential. It's interesting if your gynae has any alternative views on milk. There's a whole debate on full cream vs low fat milk, but studies still undergoing.

I forgot to add. My supplements was folic acid only in first 3 months.

Prunes should work as well. Maybe even better if for routine eating. (More wholesome fruit nutrients). Just remember to drink water due to the insoluble fiber (prune fruit contains both soluble and insoluble fiber) for better bowel movement.

:)

Milk wise, what works well works best, though I still think milk powder is non essential. It's interesting if your gynae has any alternative views on milk. There's a whole debate on full cream vs low fat milk, but studies still undergoing.

I forgot to add. My supplements was folic acid only in first 3 months.

Prunes should work as well. Maybe even better if for routine eating. (More wholesome fruit nutrients). Just remember to drink water due to the insoluble fiber (prune fruit contains both soluble and insoluble fiber) for better bowel movement.

:)

Told my husband im just gonna go back to my old milk...

i've started taking folic acid before trying for the baby ..thats why my gynae don see the need of giving me anything else... but was given utrogestan since 2 weeks ago due to spotting.

im so scare of the taste of water now lol but no choice gotta drink. either i drink or i suffer. my husband also said eating the fruit itself will be better

What is his charges like and where do he deliver? Got package? I also live in the west. I was thinking to see Dr Adrian woodworth in cck initially, but open to other choices.

He give birth in thomson, mount a and mount e

HAvent ask about package. But thid morning went to see him for scan. He advise me do oscar test next week. Next week eill be my 11thweek. What's good is that oscar test can do in the clinic. Cos some of my fren, oscar test have to go to hospital. But i find him too gentle..Scare when deliver, dono hw his react. Lols.. imagine u very gancheong here, but he very gentle..but overall he's nice and patience.

Hi ladies,

havent been posting here for some time. been on bed rest. switched gynae and switched to taking duphaston instead of utrogestan.

have a brand new box of utrogestan 100mg and some left over pills.

Anyone keen to take over the brand new box of utrogestan ? just bought them only. Will also include the left over pills for free :)

Hello all, has anyone developed rashes on the sides of tummy area or a red patch of dry skin in face? I'm having both :(
Anyone knows how to tackle these? I'm not concerned abt the tummy part but the red patches on my face are getting bigger
Hi Audrey, have you seen a doctor for yr rash?

@snowwhite80 I don't normally have eczema or skin allergy but i realized that this patch started to appear when I tested positive. What cream do u apply on ur skin now?

@nitestar I saw doc today but forgot to check. tsk! I was too tired from work till I forgot everything Tomorrow I'll call clinic.

He give birth in thomson, mount a and mount e
I am with Dr Adrian sk branch. I find that he knows what he is doing but very fast. At 10 weeks check up he offer me package 688 which I bought. Can offset the prev visit. Nurse told me can claim 450. He deliver both mt A and tmc but strongly prefer tmc. Hope this helps.

Hi mummies, those with Dr Ben Choey he delivered in TMC, Mt A and Mt E. He also mentioned that Mt E only have 1 bedded or 2 bedded.
The antenatal package start from 12 weeks, 16 weeks and 20 weeks onward.
12 Week onward $800, 16 week onward $720, 20 week onward $660 (GST 7% not included).
The package is not refundable if halfway decide to change Dr or watever unless is miscarriage. For the package wise can ask the nurse, she will tell you in details. The package not include medicine, vitamin and etc.

My next appointment is 5 June....

Do you mummies advised check for down syndrome, I am 31 this year.

Hi mummies, those with Dr Ben Choey he delivered in TMC, Mt A and Mt E. He also mentioned that Mt E only have 1 bedded or 2 bedded.
12 Week onward $800, 16 week onward $720, 20 week onward $660 (GST 7% not included).
The package is not refundable if halfway decide to change Dr or watever unless is miscarriage. For the package wise can ask the nurse, she will tell you in details. The package not include medicine, vitamin and etc.

my husband wants to do the harmony test....my gynae is offering at 1.3k .. im 33 this year. which by right oscar(about $500) will do cause not exactly high risk pregnancy yet. Cause harmony test will see the chromosomes and such, more detailed. so easier to detect any defects. and also will be able to know the gender earlier. We have yet to come to a conclusion on which one to do ..

Both harmony test and oscar test for the same 3 trisomy, trisomy 21, 18 & 13.

trisomy 21 (ie down syndrome) has a higher detection rate via harmony test.

based on what my gynae said and the brochures given us,

Harmony test detection rate
T21: >99%
T18: >98%
T13: 8/10

Oscar -
risk assessment is done through a combination of maternal age, fetal NT and serum biochemistry
Detection rate
T21: 90%
T18: 80%
T13: 80%

Harmony additionally tests for the sex chromosome (X , Y), accuracy > 99%. so this means that will know the gender earlier if opting for harmony test

Oscar measures fetal NT which harmony doesn't. ie. taking the measurements of fetal structure to check for abnormalities etc

If opting for harmony test, for my gynae, you will be given a harmony test kit which will be sent to USA for analysis after tests are done. The test results will take about 2 weeks.

A combination of harmony + oscar will cover more (harmony higher detection rate + gender , while oscar includes fetal NT scan)

Hope the above helps everyone ~ :) I had a much clearer picture of the differences in the different tests after a run-through with my gynae during the last checkup.

my husband wants to do the harmony test....my gynae is offering at 1.3k .. im 33 this year. which by right oscar(about $500) will do cause not exactly high risk pregnancy yet. Cause harmony test will see the chromosomes and such, more detailed. so easier to detect any defects. and also will be able to know the gender earlier. We have yet to come to a conclusion on which one to do ..

Minimally i think you should at least go for the oscar test to check for trisomy 21 (ie. down syndrome). accuracy is 90% for oscar. If finances allow, you can decide if you want to take the harmony test or a combination of both (harmony + oscar)

First time mummy to be here... feeling excited... EDD would be in early dec... not expecting a SG50 bb... hehe...

Just want to check with all here... do your gynae let u hear bb (BB is already in week10 then) heartbeat during yr first visit to the OB? Just had mine first OB visit yesterday... doc did a scan... confirm with me 10 weeks, say this scan can see bb... good enuff no need go for ultrsound... end up no hear bb heartbeat... only see bb... **sob sob** Is this normal?

BTW do add me in the FB group! [email protected]

Seagull how come ur ob did a scan but the scan is not ultrasound? Sorry cox I tot ultrasound and scan is the same thing? Hmm

First time mummy to be here... feeling excited... EDD would be in early dec... not expecting a SG50 bb... hehe...

Just want to check with all here... do your gynae let u hear bb (BB is already in week10 then) heartbeat during yr first visit to the OB? Just had mine first OB visit yesterday... doc did a scan... confirm with me 10 weeks, say this scan can see bb... good enuff no need go for ultrsound... end up no hear bb heartbeat... only see bb... **sob sob** Is this normal?

BTW do add me in the FB group! [email protected]

Hi, my gynea did ultrascan and he has a button or switch on his machine to listen to heartbeat. Thought it should be quite easy to do? Next time you can ask your OB to let u listen to heartbeat.

Actually I also dunno what he did... cos I was told by the nurse at the registration counter that first I need go do all the necessary measurement etc then wait for doc call, then go for ultrasound scan then go back doc again. But... when the first time doc see me, he already "scanned" and say bb is there, confirmed 10 weeks and no need spend $$ to do the ultrasound. the "scan" was like less than 30 seconds kind of thing. So i am also confused. If this is considered ultrasound scan, then y the nurse ask me go other room for ultrasound? whole visit less than 20 mins... (dun tink it hit the 10 min timer also, superb fast)

BTW went to SGH for the OB...

Hi all mummies! Its my 1st bb and its 6 weeks now. 2 weeks ago went for scan after test kit is positive. But doc cant scan anyth. So went back one week later.. finally can see a sac. But doc say nt sure isit ectopic preg so advise to go back one more week to see bb heartbeat. So today went for scan.. finally can see bb heartbeat.. which make me relieve alot..im seeing dr ben choey in clementi sbcc.. still thinking to go dr irene chua clinic or stay with dr ben choey.. any advice?
Btw if admin add me in fb. Will my frens in fb see?
Hi, i also seeing dr ben (sbcc). My digital clearblue shown 2-3 weeks. Yst went to see dr ben.. Couldnt find sac. Doc suspect ectopic. I need to come back 2 days later. I am so worry right now. :(

does anyone know if it's safe for us to eat preserved prune strips (which ingredients contains liquorice) ? Cause it's a bit sour so i feel so good after eating it but read online that liquorice is not good for pregnant women :(

so can we eat?

does anyone know if it's safe for us to eat preserved prune strips (which ingredients contains liquorice) ? Cause it's a bit sour so i feel so good after eating it but read online that liquorice is not good for pregnant women :(

so can we eat?

I not sure can eat or not, but I like to eat the orange skin. At least it sooth the nauseous feeling. Especially on the bus...

Back