(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

Hi,
I am new here & would like some advice on breastfeeding.

I'm abit confused as I do not know how Long 'per session' I should latch the LO so that she will have enough. I read on the internet that one should latch the LO for about 15mins per breast. Or should I let her detach from me by herself? At times, LO can latch on for more than 30mins on one breast & am unsure if I will overfeed her.

Also everytime I tried to burp LO after she's done with one side of the breast, she doesn't seem to burp. Sometimes I can spend more than 10mins to burp her but she doesn't burp at all. How long should I actually burp the LO for?

Thanks!

Hi,
I am new here & would like some advice on breastfeeding.

I'm abit confused as I do not know how Long 'per session' I should latch the LO so that she will have enough. I read on the internet that one should latch the LO for about 15mins per breast. Or should I let her detach from me by herself? At times, LO can latch on for more than 30mins on one breast & am unsure if I will overfeed her.

Also everytime I tried to burp LO after she's done with one side of the breast, she doesn't seem to burp. Sometimes I can spend more than 10mins to burp her but she doesn't burp at all. How long should I actually burp the LO for?

Thanks!

Really depends on how long Ur LO can take out from latching. My lactation consultant said the ideal situation is LO will latch and drink until she is "milk drunk" and feel asleep for at least 1hr. Depending on the milk flow, the timing for latching varies.

For my case, my girl only latch actively for 5-10 mins and fell asleep but after she detached herself, she will cry for milk again. This can go on for 1hr for me to make sure she drinks enough. So I will pump and feed her from bottle and will only let her latch to help me clear my milk when she does not have enough.

sorry to some requests to be added. but currently only added mums who had previously joined in the dec 2015 mums discussions. noted that some requests are from newly created accounts with no previous postings or who didnt join in our forum discussions so such accounts are not added to prevent unwanted advertisements or unknown account holders who are not exactly mummies etc

Cheers !

can check how to keep up with the latching and pumping schedule & getting sufficient rest? find it quite tiring and not sure how to keep up with doing everything myself and getting sufficient rest after nanny leaves.

Really depends on how long Ur LO can take out from latching. My lactation consultant said the ideal situation is LO will latch and drink until she is "milk drunk" and feel asleep for at least 1hr. Depending on the milk flow, the timing for latching varies.

For my case, my girl only latch actively for 5-10 mins and fell asleep but after she detached herself, she will cry for milk again. This can go on for 1hr for me to make sure she drinks enough. So I will pump and feed her from bottle and will only let her latch to help me clear my milk when she does not have enough.

If alone, mite b difficult so a lot of mummies, esp working mums, will gif up. If sahm, easiest is to juz latch den not so tiring. Wif my boy, my helper was doing everything she could so I could rest. Den she every time headache how to increase my milk supply so she dun supplement wif formula milk. Finally managed to fully breastfeed from 3rd mth. But after 10 mths, I really couldn't take it anymore so slowly reduced pumping den finally stopped at 13 mths. When number 2 joins in, we also dunno if we can manage so she hoping I will b oversupply den no need to pump so long.

If really too tired out, den can consider half breastmilk n half formula milk. Dun get too stressed out coz stress will cause milk supply to drop also.
can check how to keep up with the latching and pumping schedule & getting sufficient rest? find it quite tiring and not sure how to keep up with doing everything myself and getting sufficient rest after nanny leaves.

currently I supplement FM with BM coz insufficient supply. difficult for me to keep up coz need to take care of #1 too even with nanny now. dont want #1 to feel neglected so need to spend time playing and doing things together too. *tired tired*

If alone, mite b difficult so a lot of mummies, esp working mums, will gif up. If sahm, easiest is to juz latch den not so tiring. Wif my boy, my helper was doing everything she could so I could rest. Den she every time headache how to increase my milk supply so she dun supplement wif formula milk. Finally managed to fully breastfeed from 3rd mth. But after 10 mths, I really couldn't take it anymore so slowly reduced pumping den finally stopped at 13 mths. When number 2 joins in, we also dunno if we can manage so she hoping I will b oversupply den no need to pump so long.

If really too tired out, den can consider half breastmilk n half formula milk. Dun get too stressed out coz stress will cause milk supply to drop also.

sorry to some requests to be added. but currently only added mums who had previously joined in the dec 2015 mums discussions. noted that some requests are from newly created accounts with no previous postings or who didnt join in our forum discussions so such accounts are not added to prevent unwanted advertisements or unknown account holders who are not exactly mummies etc

Cheers !
Paiseh for the late joining, can add me too?

Hi,

How Long after latching then should I pump out to store the breastmilk? Any idea if such process increase the supply?

Thanks!

I noe wad u mean. My boy throws tantrums from time to time but for a 2 yr 9 mths boy, he sort of understands dat there's a mei mei in my tummy n helps to take care of me at times too. After they wait for u for 10 mths, really cannot neglect them.

Juz do wad u can. As long as both kids r healthy. Jia you!

Btw, can add me to e private chat too? TIA!
currently I supplement FM with BM coz insufficient supply. difficult for me to keep up coz need to take care of #1 too even with nanny now. dont want #1 to feel neglected so need to spend time playing and doing things together too. *tired tired*

According to my fren who ended up having oversupply, she said pumping immediately after latching does help n she had oversupply after 1 mth so her number 1 also drank partially breastmilk again. Demand supply thing.

Her number 2 not v gd at latching so once she had oversupply, she only pump. During her 1st mth, she ate oatmeal every morn, brown rice, fenugreek, drank papaya fish soup. But she had ppl helping her wif number 1 so she could afford to do so much lar. Dunno if I can coz I wun haf as much help.
Hi,

How Long after latching then should I pump out to store the breastmilk? Any idea if such process increase the supply?

Thanks!

Hi, anyone who has over supply milk and can donate some breastmilk to me? My bb is 8 days old and my milk supply is really low. He is on formula right now.

Thank you very much

Thx @tazf17

According to my fren who ended up having oversupply, she said pumping immediately after latching does help n she had oversupply after 1 mth so her number 1 also drank partially breastmilk again. Demand supply thing.

Her number 2 not v gd at latching so once she had oversupply, she only pump. During her 1st mth, she ate oatmeal every morn, brown rice, fenugreek, drank papaya fish soup. But she had ppl helping her wif number 1 so she could afford to do so much lar. Dunno if I can coz I wun haf as much help.

Cheers !
:( sorry for not doing any replying. I have been as silent reader but def a dec mummy!

Hi,

Thanks!
Hello, pumping after latching on does help to stimulate supply as it signals to yr body that u need more milk. I find it best to do it right after because it gives the most time before the next feed for the body to generate more milk and for mummy to rest.

Tho I have to say that pumping right after latching doesn't give me a lot of milk. The purpose tho, is to stimulate supply.

I find it tiring too. So I do it only once or twice a day at most. On bad days where baby latches non stop I won't pump at all. I think a happy mummy is more impt! Jiayou everyone, our bodies are still getting used to the supply and demand equation...give it some time. It has been through a lot from pregnancy till now. We hv all done a great job!

Seeing how your babies can latch to you mummies simply makes me envy... T.T my naughty boy... for some reasons cannot latch to me without me crying (and i really meant crying... it was so bad that hubby also felt bad and apologised to me cos he say our son must have taken after him) it took us a while to realise I am crying cos of bleeding nipple... T.T his tongue seems not wanting to come down so we are considering back to the hospital to speak to the lactation nurse... hopefully I can return to the latching days and enjoy them before my maternity ends... for now i am mainly doing the pumping..

Not too sure if it works for all low supply mummies out there... but i think the oat plus milk helps me a lot... what happened was that due to some medicine i was taking after delivery, i cannot breastfeed my boy... he was given formula milk... i thought my supply cannot catch up with his demand anymore... (he was drinking 40ml of milk then while my breast milk barely hit that amount.. yup my milk came in on the second or third day after birth surprisingly) saw other mummies introducing the milk on one of the breastfeeding page and thought of giving it a try... well... the result was pretty good... but i think beside the milk, i also tries to pump quite regularly... used to be like every 3 hours 1 pump... but now is like 2 hours once... =X but the demand always somehow manages to catch up with the supplier... **sigh** (on a brighter side.. at least i am now running in front of him..) still hoping to be able to latch my baby soon... cos i know and believe latching is the best way to feed our LO...

Ur baby is still getting e best nutrition from mummy whether u latch or pump. Dat's most impt. But if u really wanna latch n bond wif ur baby, no harm speaking to e lactation consultant.
Seeing how your babies can latch to you mummies simply makes me envy... T.T my naughty boy... for some reasons cannot latch to me without me crying (and i really meant crying... it was so bad that hubby also felt bad and apologised to me cos he say our son must have taken after him) it took us a while to realise I am crying cos of bleeding nipple... T.T his tongue seems not wanting to come down so we are considering back to the hospital to speak to the lactation nurse... hopefully I can return to the latching days and enjoy them before my maternity ends... for now i am mainly doing the pumping..

Not too sure if it works for all low supply mummies out there... but i think the oat plus milk helps me a lot... what happened was that due to some medicine i was taking after delivery, i cannot breastfeed my boy... he was given formula milk... i thought my supply cannot catch up with his demand anymore... (he was drinking 40ml of milk then while my breast milk barely hit that amount.. yup my milk came in on the second or third day after birth surprisingly) saw other mummies introducing the milk on one of the breastfeeding page and thought of giving it a try... well... the result was pretty good... but i think beside the milk, i also tries to pump quite regularly... used to be like every 3 hours 1 pump... but now is like 2 hours once... =X but the demand always somehow manages to catch up with the supplier... **sigh** (on a brighter side.. at least i am now running in front of him..) still hoping to be able to latch my baby soon... cos i know and believe latching is the best way to feed our LO...

Try buying nipple shields? My #1 had sucked too hard or whatever reasons that caused my nipples to bleed. Then I had to buy nipple shields to protect & then after few days tried direct latching again. Jiayou!

mine was induced like nana09 because of low water level. maybe already super low water level already so until last moment then gynae wanted to burst? not sure.. :D

But the water bag was burst prior also for mine. it burst during one of the time when checking for dilation. mine came out with umbilical cord ard neck too.. but pre matured bb.i feel waterbag burst on its own much faster. It was much faster for my #1 comparatively

My waterbag leaked on its own but no contractions. When i went to hospital 15hrs later, lucky cervix open and 3cm dilated, so no need to insert tablet.

Hello..i have always been a silent reader of this grp..baby was born on 3rd dec. First time mum here..really find taking care of newborn is so overwhelming and challenging when breastfeeding is involved.
Initially after we were discharged from hospital, bb latched on to me every 2hrs or so..until i was so tired and kinda broke down..so hub bought fm for night feeds.. I have been pumping abt 2-3x a day to keep up with the supply.
I just changed CL and she suggested I pump day and night..can also direct latch maybe once or twice in the day to unblock the ducts..while rest of the time she will feed my bb the breastmilk i expressed.
I havent latched bb today as nanny has been feeding him ebm..feeling kinda weird.
I havent found a routine i can follow yet and i worry i cant cope when nanny leaves in few weeks' time :(
Sigh feel so lost!!

It's tiring for me also. For me, my breastmilk is supplement for my girl. My CL will give her to me to latching for 5 mins but sometimes my girl gets angry and refuse to latch. Then I will pump my milk. I will schedule my milk pump and the latching will comes in between my scheduled milk pump when my girl is hungry.

Hello..i have always been a silent reader of this grp..baby was born on 3rd dec. First time mum here..really find taking care of newborn is so overwhelming and challenging when breastfeeding is involved.
Initially after we were discharged from hospital, bb latched on to me every 2hrs or so..until i was so tired and kinda broke down..so hub bought fm for night feeds.. I have been pumping abt 2-3x a day to keep up with the supply.
I just changed CL and she suggested I pump day and night..can also direct latch maybe once or twice in the day to unblock the ducts..while rest of the time she will feed my bb the breastmilk i expressed.
I havent latched bb today as nanny has been feeding him ebm..feeling kinda weird.
I havent found a routine i can follow yet and i worry i cant cope when nanny leaves in few weeks' time :(
Sigh feel so lost!!

I am facing the same problems too! Right now I just want to focus on pumping and latching my bb till 1 month and top up with formula milk for her if not enough. My girl is a big eater, so I Kinna recognise that and will supply as much as I can for her.

Latching creates bonding with our bb. So when she refuse to latch on me. I felt rejected also and CL semms to be taking a good care of our girl. And I felt a bit jealous sometimes. But as long as our bb grow up healthy, I will have to be flexible and see what is the best for my girl. Taking one step at a time

Hi I have a question.

My current gynae is Dr Adrian Woodworth from TMC at CCK. I've already paid for my antenatal package at $688. His normal vaginal delivery fee is at $1900+gst. I've also already paid a deposit of $800 for the delivery fee. Recently I went for checkup, I was told that he will be on leave during my edd and that they will get a replacement gynae to help with my delivery. I will ask them this question also but I roughly want to know if any mommies went through this before.

Question is, what will happen to my $800 deposit? And according to my research, his replacement gynae is either Dr Wong Heng Fok from Tampines TMC or Dr Lawrence Ang from Sembawang TMC.

Anyone here knows what's their vaginal and c-sect delivery fees are like? Please enlighten me.

Thank you in advanced!
Hi I am also with Dr Adrian /TMC
We paid around $4 k cash including deposit. 4d3n , 4 bedder upgrade to 2 bedder.

Think Dr Lawarence is his good fren. My roommate also c-sec only stay 3d2n.

Have u popped?

Any hv issue of no.1 when newborn come? Recently I worry abt my 3 yr old cos she quite cling onto me maybe she kw didi coming...n we can't let her stay in hospital n hv to let her sleep at my sis hse for tha few days.. I worry she will feel like we dnt wa her or wa...hw do u all cope with a kid for nw... I got buy pressie for her nt 1x a few x saying is didi buy de... n even tell her didi coming out... u hv to stay with yiyi becos u cannot stay in the hospital...

Jus wanna share with mummies not latching on well.
My #1 I also couldn't latch him properly cos my breasts were huge and it kinda suffocate him/block his nose. He would cry and get frustrated. I guess I could have seek consultation after I discharged from hospital but I didn't. Try different posture also not right and I ended up expressing bm for him. It' was kinda sad cos when I saw other mummies able to latch on bb and I can't I felt inadequate. Milk
Supply wasn't enough to supply boy too cos he was big drinker and I guess the medela mini I had wasn't very efficient then. Had to supplement with fm. So I only sustained expressing bm for half a year and stopped when I went back to work. But I knew I tried my best for him already and I wanna tell the mummies out here, esp 1st time mummies that we all want the best for our bb. At the same time there are a lot of new things to manage as bb comes too. Don't stress yourself too much ok.
Rest as much as you can cos tired body will cause drop in milk ss. Drink lots of water and less stress will increase milk supply.
Medication wise Gynae would prescribe pill that can increase ss. Fenugreek Shd help too. Green papaya with fish soup also. And if you are drinking red date tea, can try adding black beans. That's what I just know from reading the Yu Yan Seng booklet.

All the best! I'm scheduled for caesarean on 22/12 and I am
Hoping for a better journey with my gal.

Big hugs to all mummies!

Any hv issue of no.1 when newborn come? Recently I worry abt my 3 yr old cos she quite cling onto me maybe she kw didi coming...n we can't let her stay in hospital n hv to let her sleep at my sis hse for tha few days.. I worry she will feel like we dnt wa her or wa...hw do u all cope with a kid for nw... I got buy pressie for her nt 1x a few x saying is didi buy de... n even tell her didi coming out... u hv to stay with yiyi becos u cannot stay in the hospital...
I remb my #1 being harder to control after the birth of her brother. But it all got better after a month. Daddy helped by sticking closer to her so she doesn't feel so detached. I guess it's tough losing the position as the baby of the family.. But they will all adapt in time. Give yourself and your little girl some time to get a feel of things. It won't be too long till U are managing their daily squabbles :)

Today went for check up at 39w2d. Baby weight drop from 3.1kg to 2.7kg. Last scan is last friday. Anyone have this problem? Gynae advise me to do induce. Any suggestion!
Altho this is my 2nd, but I din encounter weight drop during my 1st one.

Juz haf to manage as it comes. My boy clings to me too when he c me. But he listens to my helper if I'm not ard so we dun haf to send him to another place. When I go for mitings at nite, there r times he dun c me for 1 whole day. Mei mei has bought quite a lot of toys for him oredi n I slowly ask him to say gdnite to mei mei when I slp wif him n he says gdnite to me. Sometimes he says he dun wan mei mei or insists I muz do things for him. But he suddenly kissed my tummy last nite saying dat he wanna kiss mei mei. We noe he will get upset again when mei mei is out but we believe he will get over it after a while.

Mine is e opp. At 38w6d, baby weight shot up from 2.78 to 3.278. If really worried, usually gynae mite suggest to do CTG to c if baby is in distress den decide? But I oredi decided to induce on 19 Dec if still no news coz head still not engaged so gynae say I dun need to go CTG
Today went for check up at 39w2d. Baby weight drop from 3.1kg to 2.7kg. Last scan is last friday. Anyone have this problem? Gynae advise me to do induce. Any suggestion!
Altho this is my 2nd, but I din encounter weight drop during my 1st one.

Mine is e opp. At 38w6d, baby weight shot up from 2.78 to 3.278. If really worried, usually gynae mite suggest to do CTG to c if baby is in distress den decide? But I oredi decided to induce on 19 Dec if still no news coz head still not engaged so gynae say I dun need to go CTG

Doc mentioned everything seem ok but scare baby is in distress during deliver.

If ur gynae says better induce, I would follow wad gynae says lar. Oredi full term den no point worrying. Once baby is out safe n sound, u also will b happy. :)
Doc mentioned everything seem ok but scare baby is in distress during deliver.

Hi tazf17, ya that is wat I think of. My hubby and me had decide to induce on this Friday.
Now need to discuss with gynae the timing for admission.

I will be having my csec this sat... n it my 2nd x csec can't help feeling worry for bb n myself... any hv 2nd x csec all went well?

Think my bb ger prefer to be born out on 17th Dec. Haha....

Being having contraction pain since 2am till now. Initial was 15-20min, but now seem closer like 5-10min. I going to prepare and do last min checking and shower before head to hospital.

Feel like eating Mac breakfast....

jia you ! all the best !

Being having contraction pain since 2am till now. Initial was 15-20min, but now seem closer like 5-10min. I going to prepare and do last min checking and shower before head to hospital.

Jia you n smooth delivery! I told my meimei dat she can come out anytime from today but no news yet leh. I slpt well last nite. Haha. So I prob gotta wait till my sat induction.

Back