(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

Oh! Did u measure how much weight have u gained? Im pretty worried as im in my 15 week and i don seems to exp any weight gain

My total weight gain at 15wks is 200g. Hahaha. But my doc doesn't seem to be worried. I'm on the heavier side to start with and I just weaned my #1 so maybe the weight loss kinda balanced off the weight gain.

ladies i need your opinion here,

I have a recurring frozen shoulder problem for past 4 yrs. usually gp gives diclofenac and goes away. bt mon nite my shoulder started to feel jammed. by yest morn the pain was unbearable.i cldnt take any painkiller cos of pregnancy. the pain was shooting down my neck. cldnt breathe and started to have anxiety attacks at work. it has never been this bad before.

rushed to kk a&e and doc didnt seem v concerned although i was hyperventilating n crying. said cant do much and send me hm with paracetamol.

coincidence today was my gynae appt so went bck to kk. tried explaining to the gynae tt i ve difficulty breathing and swallowing cos sharp pain on my shoulder n neck.she jus kept cuttin me off and nt ready to listen to details. but she did give me tramadol and said to eat only if v necessary.took one pill helped alot.

i jus want to know
1. i am v frustrated tt i was in alot of pain bt they dont seem to care.i think their main concern is the baby n since this is orthopedic issue nt affecting baby they dont bother. r gynaes supp to be like tt??

2. how u feel abt taking paracetamol and tramadol?i feel v guilty and dunno how safe

3. any mummy has frozen shoulder issue?any drug free remedy? chiropractor/massage/acupuncture? husband is against chiro and acupuncture bt i m desperate for remdies before this happens again

I have a recurring frozen shoulder problem for past 4 yrs. usually gp gives diclofenac and goes away. bt mon nite my shoulder started to feel jammed. by yest morn the pain was unbearable.i cldnt take any painkiller cos of pregnancy. the pain was shooting down my neck. cldnt breathe and started to have anxiety attacks at work. it has never been this bad before.

rushed to kk a&e and doc didnt seem v concerned although i was hyperventilating n crying. said cant do much and send me hm with paracetamol.

coincidence today was my gynae appt so went bck to kk. tried explaining to the gynae tt i ve difficulty breathing and swallowing cos sharp pain on my shoulder n neck.she jus kept cuttin me off and nt ready to listen to details. but she did give me tramadol and said to eat only if v necessary.took one pill helped alot.

i jus want to know
1. i am v frustrated tt i was in alot of pain bt they dont seem to care.i think their main concern is the baby n since this is orthopedic issue nt affecting baby they dont bother. r gynaes supp to be like tt??

2. how u feel abt taking paracetamol and tramadol?i feel v guilty and dunno how safe

3. any mummy has frozen shoulder issue?any drug free remedy? chiropractor/massage/acupuncture? husband is against chiro and acupuncture bt i m desperate for remdies before this happens again

Hi,

I took paracetamol when I had a fever. It is safe for pregnant lady. Not to sure about tramadol.

Paracetamol is safe for pregnancy. You might want to visit a chiropractor to seek help. I had a frozen back during #1. It was so bad during the 3rd tri that I couldnt get off bed at times. And when I walked, there will be occasional sharp pains near my lower back. back then my gynae recommended me to visit a chiropractor when I told her about the problem. I forgot the name of the clinic but it was located at Novena. You may probably ask your gynae if she has any recommendations and seek one who is experienced with pregnant mums.

i jus want to know

Mine is 70% a gal! Gynae dun wanna commit but said he dun c signs of a future soldier dis time so far... Yeah! :)

any mummies having difficulties sleeping at night?? read online and they say its best to sleep on my left side... have been doing it and now my left side aches whenever i sleep in that position for too long....

I have a lot of dreams whenever I sleep. It's like a movie player in my brain. Don't really sleep well. Lol
I switch between left & right side when I sleep. It's best not to sleep on your back, but I think it doesn't really matter which side you sleep on? Do lemme know if I'm wrong, so I can correct myself too. :)

online said sleeping on the left helps in blood circulation for the mother and baby. i too have alot of dreams...thats why this aching on top of the dreams is making me losing sleep..

I have been sleeping on my left side and sometimes right side... but my legs will become sore when i am in that position for too long, so I will sometimes revert to sleeping on my back. My sleep is not very good as well as I am always dreaming. All sorts of dream and when the dream disappear, that is when I need to wake up and go to toilet... Zzzzz.... Sleeping enough is a challenge for me now.

Worried and pananoid mummy here. I have been so engross in my work today that I dun feel any discomfort and now worried if my bb is okie. So I can't feel the bb yet cause I am only in my 17 week and I start to worry about the bb when I feel perfectly fine..... Alamak!

Dis number 2 v bz. Legs kicking non stop so gynae tried to c. My boy was more mild, legs always closed so only saw at 5 mths, detailed scan also couldn't c. Detailed scan for dis one is e nx appt, so can chk a little longer.
me also in my week 16 . EDD 22 dec. so fast u can see the gender already ?? my next apt is 25 jul.....still have to wait for another 2 weeks

I got insomnia also. Sometimes awake till morn since 3+am. I juz slp whichever side allows me to slp.
I have been sleeping on my left side and sometimes right side... but my legs will become sore when i am in that position for too long, so I will sometimes revert to sleeping on my back. My sleep is not very good as well as I am always dreaming. All sorts of dream and when the dream disappear, that is when I need to wake up and go to toilet... Zzzzz.... Sleeping enough is a challenge for me now.

Worried and pananoid mummy here. I have been so engross in my work today that I dun feel any discomfort and now worried if my bb is okie. So I can't feel the bb yet cause I am only in my 17 week and I start to worry about the bb when I feel perfectly fine..... Alamak!

I have been sleeping on my left side and sometimes right side... but my legs will become sore when i am in that position for too long, so I will sometimes revert to sleeping on my back.

I had the same issue before, my hips and legs get sore when I sleep on my sides too much. I got an extra pillow to prop my feet (I put it between my calves) and it helped tremendously, don't know if that would help you as well.

Sometimes I wake up finding myself sleeping on my back, and I can feel my heart thumping harder than usual, so I guess I'm at the stage where sleeping on my back restricts blood flow.

Wondering if the baby is still there these days. I guess most of u have the same thinking. My next scan is on 20/7, still long.

I had the same issue before, my hips and legs get sore when I sleep on my sides too much. I got an extra pillow to prop my feet (I put it between my calves) and it helped tremendously, don't know if that would help you as well.

Sometimes I wake up finding myself sleeping on my back, and I can feel my heart thumping harder than usual, so I guess I'm at the stage where sleeping on my back restricts blood flow.

I use extra pillow also. But not helping and will still feel sore. I use compression socks now and the soreness is less.

I'm also one paranoid MTB. Coz I got no MS at all and still cannot feel movement, hence always worried about baby.. so I bought a fetal doppler.. I'll check once every few days to feel safe... anyway, I think my bump is quite obvious now.. 18 weeks.. went to a function jus now, and people start to look at my tummy first, rather than greeting me by smiling at my face first..

Dun worry. Juz enjoy ur pregnancy. It's a blessing to haf no MS. I vomited so badly till blood came out. Miss e times when I had no MS, but still super looking forward to shutting down factory :)
Wondering if the baby is still there these days. I guess most of u have the same thinking. My next scan is on 20/7, still long.

any mummies having difficulties sleeping at night?? read online and they say its best to sleep on my left side... have been doing it and now my left side aches whenever i sleep in that position for too long....

Read its best to sleep on the left with knees slightly raised. I sleep on my left too. But sometimes i have to adjust between sleeping on my left and back as I always wake up to sore left shoulders.

I've been trying to sleep on my left, but I'm a natural "belly" sleeper and would always roll to my front in the middle of the night. I bought the dream genii pregnancy pillow which was supposed to help me adapt to the left better and ease my backache (which i'm suffering from) but my belly is still too small at the moment - i think the pillow is recommended for wk20 onwards. my friend swears by it and the pillow got her through her 3rd tri, which i've been told was major uncomfy.

I've been dreaming almost everynight too!! Very vivid and ridiculous dreams. Read that its because of the hormones.

Btw, anyone going to the babyfair this weekend?? If so, have you planned your shopping list?? I was going to go recce but not going to do major shopping cause it seems early.. but some friends are urging me to make big purchases like prams, cots, breast pumps at the fair cause of the deals.

Dis number 2 v bz. Legs kicking non stop so gynae tried to c. My boy was more mild, legs always closed so only saw at 5 mths, detailed scan also couldn't c. Detailed scan for dis one is e nx appt, so can chk a little longer.

hello tazf17, can you feel your baby kicking already?? I'm hitting wk16 this thurs and i can't feel a thing

Read its best to sleep on the left with knees slightly raised. I sleep on my left too. But sometimes i have to adjust between sleeping on my left and back as I always wake up to sore left shoulders.

me too .sore shoulders and hips.. but don dare to sleep on my back... still waiting for my apt with my gynae on 25 Jul to ask him :(

I've been trying to sleep on my left, but I'm a natural "belly" sleeper and would always roll to my front in the middle of the night. I bought the dream genii pregnancy pillow which was supposed to help me adapt to the left better and ease my backache (which i'm suffering from) but my belly is still too small at the moment - i think the pillow is recommended for wk20 onwards. my friend swears by it and the pillow got her through her 3rd tri, which i've been told was major uncomfy.

I've been dreaming almost everynight too!! Very vivid and ridiculous dreams. Read that its because of the hormones.

Btw, anyone going to the babyfair this weekend?? If so, have you planned your shopping list?? I was going to go recce but not going to do major shopping cause it seems early.. but some friends are urging me to make big purchases like prams, cots, breast pumps at the fair cause of the deals.

if you have a vehicle to bring back ur purchase why not ?? i believe not all brands do delivery.. thats why i choose not to go .

i cant decide if should buy now or the august ***************..maybe cn go reccee n create shopping list

i cant decide if should buy now or the august ***************..maybe cn go reccee n create shopping list

things that can get good offer can buy first . i've gotten my sterilizer and bottle warmer cause my cousin works for Philip Avent and the staff deal is good so she asked if i wan to get it. Because im not doing my confinement at my own place (my mum's place instead) so i don dare to buy the cot first..don wan to clog her house .

Not really. Can feel a little sharp pain once in a while dis wk but dunno if it's kick coz not obvious. She's a bz one though, always kicking ard during e scans...
hello tazf17, can you feel your baby kicking already?? I'm hitting wk16 this thurs and i can't feel a thing

things that can get good offer can buy first . i've gotten my sterilizer and bottle warmer cause my cousin works for Philip Avent and the staff deal is good so she asked if i wan to get it. Because im not doing my confinement at my own place (my mum's place instead) so i don dare to buy the cot first..don wan to clog her house .

ya true..ok maybe i ll start stocking up slowly also thnx!

Does anyone have this choking feeling like someone pressing down throat like that? I keep having it especially in the day, and then in the night it's acid reflux...not sure if it's related..

Hi! JSnow, where did u buy your dream genii pregnancy pillow?

I'm also one paranoid MTB. Coz I got no MS at all and still cannot feel movement, hence always worried about baby.. so I bought a fetal doppler.. I'll check once every few days to feel safe... anyway, I think my bump is quite obvious now.. 18 weeks.. went to a function jus now, and people start to look at my tummy first, rather than greeting me by smiling at my face first..

Just being curious. Where did you buy the fetal doppler and how much did you get it for?

some info and just to take note for those using fetal doppler, the probe sends out high-frequency waves that pass through skin and tissue and into baby.

Some extracts from websites for reading:

http://www.fetaldopplerfacts.org/facts/ultrasound/fetal-doppler-ultrasound-safety.php
Most manufacturers of diagnostic fetal doppler heart monitors have always made every effort to use as low an ultrasound power as practical. The level of ultrasound power emitted is not adjustable on a fetal doppler unlike that of a sonograph. Prudent use on the mother's part would include minimizing the length of time that she listens to the baby's heartbeat on each occasion.

http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it...oppler-to-listen-to-my-babys-hear_10349809.bc
Extracted from website:
Avoid using the Doppler for more than a few minutes a day. While ultrasound is generally considered safe, researchers continue to study the possible risks of repeated and prolonged exposure.

Just sharing. Hope this helps :)

Dun worry. Juz enjoy ur pregnancy. It's a blessing to haf no MS. I vomited so badly till blood came out. Miss e times when I had no MS, but still super looking forward to shutting down factory :)

How r u now? I am also looking forward for my girl to be born. This is my first, so I doubt I can close shop yet. My head always aching and have aches on my shoulders too. Massage on my own. Hubby bought me a supreme pillow that is filled with goose feathers?!

Slightly better. Not as weak but got constipation issues liaoz. Boy enjoys laffing at me n mimicking me when I vomit. -.-" Now we juz looking forward to e future scans n hopefully my gynae wun b able to find a little bird. Heehee
How r u now? I am also looking forward for my girl to be born. This is my first, so I doubt I can close shop yet. My head always aching and have aches on my shoulders too. Massage on my own. Hubby bought me a supreme pillow that is filled with goose feathers?!

As for baby fair...it's crowded as usual. Didn't buy any thing cos it's our first baby and we really didn't know what to look out for. Not helped when there is an electronic fair, raya fair, isetan fair...so it's really packed. Wife was tired after some walking. Will be seeking from friends on to do list and to get list. Cheers everyone.

This morning woke up and suddenly don have the being pregnant feeling :( my bump is not that obvious yet... I'm in my week 16...scared that something unknown is happening... :(:(:( another 2 more weeks till my next appt..

Slightly better. Not as weak but got constipation issues liaoz. Boy enjoys laffing at me n mimicking me when I vomit. -.-" Now we juz looking forward to e future scans n hopefully my gynae wun b able to find a little bird. Heehee

Eat more fruits. I am a apple person. Everyday must eat one green apple after meal. I thought guy is very easy to be identified than girl? My gynae also just confirm is a girl on my recent scan as is too hard to see for a girl. Easier to see for guy.

As for baby fair...it's crowded as usual. Didn't buy any thing cos it's our first baby and we really didn't know what to look out for. Not helped when there is an electronic fair, raya fair, isetan fair...so it's really packed. Wife was tired after some walking. Will be seeking from friends on to do list and to get list. Cheers everyone.

We are only getting the things from a warehouse baby shop behind our house. I guess things will be cheaper from a warehouse. We also not intending to get it so fast. Most likely in October then.

Back