(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

My hubby received a call from my clinic, saying that I do not pass my OSCAR test and am asked to see my gynae for further review/discussion this coming week..

I am kinda worried what's it about..

Oscar test is notorious for false positives. Don't worry, see what doc has to say first. There are other tests to get more concrete results.

Hi,

May I know what is CVS testing for?
It's an invasive test where they take tissues from the placenta to analyse. Can be used to check all the chromosomal disorders. More detailed than Harmony Test/equivalent. For my case, it's to test for alpha thalassemia

My hubby received a call from my clinic, saying that I do not pass my OSCAR test and am asked to see my gynae for further review/discussion this coming week..

I am kinda worried what's it about..

Hi millbear,

Oscar has a lot of false positive results as I read from internet. I understand how you feeling. Our harmony test results shows that bb has 1% chance of Monosomy X and my hubby and I decided to go to Amnio Test next week, hoping everything will be okie. Hope the best for you as well.

Hi,

Is there a facebook or whatsapp group too? [email protected]
My EDD has been moved earlier and earlier from 10Jan to 7Jan and now 5Jan, plus my #1 was born 2 weeks earlier so i highly suspect #2 might be earlier, just hope not preemie can liao.

I've done Oscar for #1 but this time i'm doing Harmony Test $800 at NUH.

Hi MTB,

I am confuse. My doc told me not to eat too much carbo food. Does that mean I have to cut down on on usual portion of carbo in takes? Cause I eat out usually and most of the food contains carbo! Rice, noodles etc...... I find my food choice getting limited.... Lol....

Hi MTB,

I am confuse. My doc told me not to eat too much carbo food. Does that mean I have to cut down on on usual portion of carbo in takes? Cause I eat out usually and most of the food contains carbo! Rice, noodles etc...... I find my food choice getting limited.... Lol....

Did doc give you explanation? As far as I know, dieting of any kind are not recommended unless special case like gestational diabetes (which would require you to probably stay off certain carbs like white bread but certainly not ALL carbs).

Mine's e opp. My gynae says I put on too little weight so gotta eat more. But my morning sickness is bad for dis one. :(
Hi MTB,

Did doc give you explanation? As far as I know, dieting of any kind are not recommended unless special case like gestational diabetes (which would require you to probably stay off certain carbs like white bread but certainly not ALL carbs).

I guess my doc is trying to take precaution and ask me not to take white bread and yellow noodles too much and also rice... Take more of vegetables and meat....

Hi MTB,

Hi Faith&Hope0902, i also eat out most of the time! What do u usually eat? I actually worried that I don't eat enough nutritional food! So far I only eat multi vitamins n calcium prescribed by the gynae!

Hi Faith&Hope0902, i also eat out most of the time! What do u usually eat? I actually worried that I don't eat enough nutritional food! So far I only eat multi vitamins n calcium prescribed by the gynae!

I also rely on multi-vitamins. And u will try and eat fruits (mainly Apples and oranges) everyday. Lunch and dinner are the most headache for me. Cause most outside food is either rice or noodles. Noodles I will try to eat bee Hoon or kuay teow. Rice I will try not to finish all but eat mostly the vegetables or meat. But I dun like vegetables recently.

Here comes the most difficult part for me. Craving! Lol... I have all sorts of craving and there are mostly unhealthy food... (E.g. Prata, fried prawn noodles, etc). if I dun have them, I dun feel satisfied or full.... Lance or twice a week I will try in indulge in those food. Else I can't sleep! Lol

I guess my doc is trying to take precaution and ask me not to take white bread and yellow noodles too much and also rice... Take more of vegetables and meat....

Try to go for whole grains and complex carbs. No potatoes and pasta if possible. You still need your carbs lar... Pregnancy burns a lot of energy.

Always try to, but sometimes fail. If fail, den everything comes out. Din haf morning sickness at all wif my number 1, so I guess dis one is making up for all e symptoms I din experience last time.
No wonder you are losing weight. Can try and keep the food in the stomach? My MS was quite bad and keep wanting to vomit out but I force myself to keep the food down....

dear mummies, anyone feeling the urge to go pee about every hour to hour and a half?? im in my week 14 now... seems like the urge is stronger than my first tri... i do drink more water but am afraid it's UTI ..

dear mummies, anyone feeling the urge to go pee about every hour to hour and a half?? im in my week 14 now... seems like the urge is stronger than my first tri... i do drink more water but am afraid it's UTI ..
As long as there's no pain when you are passing urine, should be normal. I feel like peeing all the time, even just after peeing. Lol

As long as there's no pain when you are passing urine, should be normal. I feel like peeing all the time, even just after peeing. Lol

no pain no pain . lol me too lo . 10 mins after peeing i feel like i wan to pee again :eek: especially if my position is sitting... and every night must wake up once to pee... if not will feel like my bladder gonna burst

no pain no pain . lol me too lo . 10 mins after peeing i feel like i wan to pee again :eek: especially if my position is sitting... and every night must wake up once to pee... if not will feel like my bladder gonna burst

If is UTI will be painful. Maybe just baby happened to be pressing on bladder lar

I want to rant about the stupid new nurse/reception that my gynae just hired! I called today to check if my Harmony results were in yet, she said she hasn't gone to collect the mail today. Then she asked "oh don't you have an appointment next week? Your results should be out by then." And of course I told her I would prefer to be notified the results as soon as possible (obviously?!) And she made such a big fuss like I'm making so much extra work for her like that. Come on lar, which parent won't be kanchiong to know the results asap? Even if this was my 10th kid I will still be kanchiong lor! Lazy bitch.

I want to rant about the stupid new nurse/reception that my gynae just hired! I called today to check if my Harmony results were in yet, she said she hasn't gone to collect the mail today. Then she asked "oh don't you have an appointment next week? Your results should be out by then." And of course I told her I would prefer to be notified the results as soon as possible (obviously?!) And she made such a big fuss like I'm making so much extra work for her like that. Come on lar, which parent won't be kanchiong to know the results asap? Even if this was my 10th kid I will still be kanchiong lor! Lazy bitch.

they wont understand the anxiety we're having.

I think I might get my results today or tomorrow too... Hold hands and jiayou together!

I got a call from the clinic and the gynae said the test result showed that I had low risk!!
I was so happy that I wanted to burst into tears... so worried for the past 1 week.

Thanks to all for your kind words and tethysea, hope u get good news too!

Hi all MTB,

Would like some advice on changing of gynae. Am contemplating to change my gynae but not sure how I go about doing it?

I have short-listed 2 other gynae.. do I visit all both at the same time? I think I need a few consultations to know if I am comfortable with the gynae or not but currently, I am having my check up once a month. So I wonder if it means I need to do duplicate consultations with different gynae first?

Same for me. Each night I get up every 3 to 4 hrs to pee. Even during the day every 2 hr or less I need to pee. Gynar say it is normal. Just quite inconvenient!

Same here. Guess my number 2 juz wan me to experience everything now since I din haf much symptoms for my number 1. Or maybe I'm juz old... Haha...
Hi All Mummies

I am new to this thread, my EDD is 24 Dec, and I am expecting No.2. What I am experiencing now is totally different from No.1

U can go to another gynae as long as u haf not signed their package. But u can consider checking e online reviews of e gynaes u shortlisted den try e one wif better reviews first. If u r comfy, den no need to go to e nx one. :)
Hi all MTB,

Would like some advice on changing of gynae. Am contemplating to change my gynae but not sure how I go about doing it?

I have short-listed 2 other gynae.. do I visit all both at the same time? I think I need a few consultations to know if I am comfortable with the gynae or not but currently, I am having my check up once a month. So I wonder if it means I need to do duplicate consultations with different gynae first?

For those mummies expecting no.2, when was your no.1 born?
Mine was born in may 2014. So im gonna have 1 horse and 1 goat haha!

think very soon i'm gonna break down and have pre-natal depression :( every little aching or pain i'll get worried. don't feel pregnant also worry :(:(

Stay happy and positive. I feel the same as you. A bit of cramps, i worry. No cramps, I also worry. For example today, I feel very sick again - Nausea, vomit, giddy and hard to focus. Feeling very grumpy and crappy. Last few days were good for me and I dun know why today MS strike again. :mad: I had to take MC today again to rest at home after my teleconference in the morning.

Stay happy and positive. I feel the same as you. A bit of cramps, i worry. No cramps, I also worry. For example today, I feel very sick again - Nausea, vomit, giddy and hard to focus. Feeling very grumpy and crappy. Last few days were good for me and I dun know why today MS strike again. :mad: I had to take MC today again to rest at home after my teleconference in the morning.

@Faith&Hope0902 ya .. certain days i feel energized but today i feel so lousy. Am sure im not having a fever but my eyes stings. Think could be because i didnt sleep well last night. The worst thing we pregnant ladies have to go through is work...

@Faith&Hope0902 ya .. certain days i feel energized but today i feel so lousy. Am sure im not having a fever but my eyes stings. Think could be because i didnt sleep well last night. The worst thing we pregnant ladies have to go through is work...

Same here - once we don't have good rest.... we will feel lousy.... Somehow we have to deal with irritating people in the office and often I have to control myself not to get angry.... Try be positive! Maybe it is just today. And tomorrow will feel better. :) Jia you.

Mine was born in Apr 2011, guess I have the biggest gap of all. Is kind of starting the cycle all over again. Burps

No la mine is 2010Dec! Tiger! Older than yours... Big gap...

I think I am one of the old mummy here too, 36 this year Liao... Feeling really different compared to first one. Guess age really does matter...but having another lil goat for an old goat like me is happy la! Gotta stay strong everyone!

Back