(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

Hi.. Congrats to all.. I just tested positive yday so am prob abt 4week..im first time mummy.. When shud i plan for a scan.. Im nt sure if I shud go sooner as I had one blocked tube. Edd is ard 30th oct
Just go if you are worried. But be prepared that u can only see a sac. If u want to hear the heartbeat , should be 6 weeks onwards as advised by my doc

Me too. Very sleepy. I stop drinking my coffee totally. But still, no nauseous symptom. Hai... hope my baby is growing well.

I stopped drinking too! After i tested positive 2 weeks back. I bought a cup just now but pass it to my colleague without touching it. So tempted to drink, especially when Im sooo sleepy. My first gynea appointment is next monday. Pretty nervous and excited at the same time/

Hi all experienced parents here ... I would like to seek some advice from u guys ...I m trying to have a baby this year. .my last day of period was 22nd Jan 15..n I hav some syptoms of pregnancy last two weeks. .feel like vomiting but couldn't vomit out..
So when I should do a home pregnancy test? N if it's postive when I should see a doctor? Do I go straight to KKH?

Hi,

I am a first timer.
My last menses started on 25 Jan 15, then I tested on 19 Feb 15 and got a faint 2nd line. Did the test again on 20 Feb 15 morning, and got a darker 2nd line. =)
today is my week 4 day 1.
Waiting to see a gynae on week 7-8.

Hi,

I am a first timer.
My last menses started on 25 Jan 15, then I tested on 19 Feb 15 and got a faint 2nd line. Did the test again on 20 Feb 15 morning, and got a darker 2nd line. =)
Hi.. so u consider 25 Jan 15 as your first day?

Hi ladies,I've bfp-ed successfully via SO-IUI (2nd IUI) and confirmed by BT last week Mon. I had miscarriage 2 years back and has been TTC since then.

Based on pregnancy calculator online, my expected edd falls on 26 Oct 15.

I pray hard for the smooth 9 months!!

Great to have this platform to get to know all mummies to be having the same Edd month.

Hi ladies, can I ask a stupid qns. where did u all buy your folic acid from if haven go see a gynae yet? Just tested positive.! edd 30th Oct.

Hi,

I am a first timer.
Hi.. so when will be ur 7th week? Then what do you need to take note from now till you see the gynae?

anyone feeling really really hungry recently?

I used to skip breakfast n usually just have lunch at 12pm and then dinner ard 6pm. I usually don't snack in between. But today was terrible! I was hungry on my way to work. So i had 3 plain biscuits for breakfast ard 8am n by 10am, I was hungry again! But i tried to tolerate till 12pm to have lunch. Had a bowl of meatball soup n by 2pm, I was hungry again! But i was in a meeting so i couldn't do anything abt the hunger n by 3pm, I had severe gastric pains. I had to rush to buy 2 bread buns to eat n by 5pm, I was hungry again! At this rate, I am going to put on soooo much weight, which I am really trying to avoid! :(

Hi ladies. As of now I'm 4weeks 3days..i hvnt fixed a gynae yet.. I was seeing Dr Steven teo frm kkh during my ttc time.. But right now I'm not sure how much will the first week via private way cost.. And how much cheaper is the subsized rates? Anyone has any idea?

I hv the same edd as u..
u can just get from pharmacy. Just tell them n they will know what to give u. Mine is from unity. I started taking when i was trying to conceive. It's very cheap. Only $4.50 for 100 tablets i think.

I used to skip breakfast n usually just have lunch at 12pm and then dinner ard 6pm. I usually don't snack in between. But today was terrible! I was hungry on my way to work. So i had 3 plain biscuits for breakfast ard 8am n by 10am, I was hungry again! But i tried to tolerate till 12pm to have lunch. Had a bowl of meatball soup n by 2pm, I was hungry again! But i was in a meeting so i couldn't do anything abt the hunger n by 3pm, I had severe gastric pains. I had to rush to buy 2 bread buns to eat n by 5pm, I was hungry again! At this rate, I am going to put on soooo much weight, which I am really trying to avoid! :(
No I'm not hungry v often.. . However I have started getting constipated and nauseous in the evening esp...what symptoms are u other ladies having...

i have very bad constipation and bloating too. then i have trouble sleeping cos i feel so gassy. my nauseous is on n off. And i suddenly hate the smell of butter!

Hi.. so when will be ur 7th week? Then what do you need to take note from now till you see the gynae?

Hi, yes 25 Jan 2015 is the first day of menses.

my 7th week will be on the week of 16 Mar 2015.
For now, I am taking folic acid, iron tablets, vitamin c daily. These supplements are bought from hospital's pharmacy. I also downloaded an app named "Ovia Pregnancy", it's good because it lets me track my weight, symptoms etc on daily basis, and also has a great list of food and medicines which I can or cannot eat.

Me too! I start having those hunger pangs as well. My pregnant friends recommend me to eat low GI food so that I wont be hungry so quickly. Things like oats, sweet potatoes, yogurt, etc. are some choices.

Ya I had been hungry all the time ever since. Been eating like 6 meals everyday. 3 main normal meals intakes and 3 small in btw snacks intake. Bt I only gain 1 kg (I shld be 6-8 wks now) can only confirm from my gynea appointment tmr. I can starts to see my tummy abit popping out abit alrdy, previous shorts oso getting tighter. I do not hv cravings but just feels lik eating and snacking all the time. It's quite a bothersome for me lor. Starting i had constipation then after awhile later diarrhea for a few days and now abit of constipated again. =(

Hi ladies,I've bfp-ed successfully via SO-IUI (2nd IUI) and confirmed by BT last week Mon. I had miscarriage 2 years back and has been TTC since then.

Based on pregnancy calculator online, my expected edd falls on 26 Oct 15.

I pray hard for the smooth 9 months!!

Great to have this platform to get to know all mummies to be having the same Edd month.

Hi Chloebbkia, we both have the same Edd... I'm also hoping for a smooth 9 months.

Ya I had been hungry all the time ever since. Been eating like 6 meals everyday. 3 main normal meals intakes and 3 small in btw snacks intake. Bt I only gain 1 kg (I shld be 6-8 wks now) can only confirm from my gynea appointment tmr. I can starts to see my tummy abit popping out abit alrdy, previous shorts oso getting tighter. I do not hv cravings but just feels lik eating and snacking all the time. It's quite a bothersome for me lor. Starting i had constipation then after awhile later diarrhea for a few days and now abit of constipated again. =(
Me too! Feeling very hungry than norms. Feel like a bottomless pit. Finished all the biscuits that i bought to office. Maybe I should just buy milk and keep in office. At least that's healthy? And yah.. I have constipation too. Can I check if u experienced morning sickness ?

Me too! Feeling very hungry than norms. Feel like a bottomless pit. Finished all the biscuits that i bought to office. Maybe I should just buy milk and keep in office. At least that's healthy? And yah.. I have constipation too. Can I check if u experienced morning sickness ?
My ms is all day round depending. Can be morn or noon or even nite ya. Bt just nauseous feeling. I nv vomit anytink out before though. For sure I super thirsty whole day. Can't stop drinking. Especially do not lik the iron like taste inside my mouth. My usual tastebud all changes ya. I'm not a vege or fruits lover. And most of the stuffs I eat does not satisfied me either. Worried bb not getting Enuff nutrients. I Alws snacks on chocos or bread or cookies. Main meals I will eat mostly rice or noodles and I especially love to eat meat and abalone! Lol. I rmb my previous pregnancy (miscarriage) I only craves for western and fast food lor. Current one totally into Chinese cuisine ya. =)

If u know when ur ovulation date is, it's abt 2 weeks from that day.. I tested 2 wks from my ovulation date.. very faint positive though..
Hi.. my period is due two days..but Yesterday night. . I did a home pregnancy test but couldn't see the two line. So is it means I m not pregnant or its because it's too early to test or I should test in the morning instead. .

Hi, yes 25 Jan 2015 is the first day of menses.

my 7th week will be on the week of 16 Mar 2015.
For now, I am taking folic acid, iron tablets, vitamin c daily. These supplements are bought from hospital's pharmacy. I also downloaded an app named "Ovia Pregnancy", it's good because it lets me track my weight, symptoms etc on daily basis, and also has a great list of food and medicines which I can or cannot eat.
Hi..but my period was due about 2 days..but Yesterday night. . I did a home pregnancy test but couldn't see the two line. So is it means I m not pregnant or its because it's too early to test or I should test in the morning instead. .

Shirls : the first time I tried it was also unclear with the results so I used the digital CB test
Hi..but my period was due about 2 days..but Yesterday night. . I did a home pregnancy test but couldn't see the two line. So is it means I m not pregnant or its because it's too early to test or I should test in the morning instead. .
Gwen.. you mean the digital CB test is more accurate? Then is it that I need to test it with my first urine of the day ?

Hi Chloebbkia, we both have the same Edd... I'm also hoping for a smooth 9 months.

Hi gwendolyn26, wow so good to find someone has the same edd !

I'm a first time MTB. What about you? Any pregnancy symptoms that you have now?

Ytyd night could sleep well cuz my tummy was so bloated. Thx to the advice of the ladies here, ginger tea is helps to ease my bloatedness.

Gwen.. you mean the digital CB test is more accurate? Then is it that I need to test it with my first urine of the day ?

Shirls, i use digital CB test also. More accurate than hpt strips. It will indicate whether you are pregnant or not and state no of weeks if you are pregnant.

Re-test again and if your hpt strips didn't show up two lines and no sign of AF, u might want do blood test to confirm?

Hi.. my period is due two days..but Yesterday night. . I did a home pregnancy test but couldn't see the two line. So is it means I m not pregnant or its because it's too early to test or I should test in the morning instead. .
What kinda test are u using ? My strip test was a very faint line 5 days after my period is due. And i almost want to throw away before I saw this very faint line. The positive line may not be obvious and you need to wait for a while before it shows up (at least for my case). I tested it one week later again and it was a darker line.

Is your menses regular ?

I dont feel especially hungry, but i keep having this gastric-alike-feel. My friend told me its MS; is it true? I keep thinking I'm having gastric. It usually gets a little worst during evening/at night. For the time being, I dont have much craving other than having wanting to eat hot (not spicy) food. Like, hot soup, hot milo, noodles. I think it kinda put my mind as ease and hoping that it will warm my tummy abit (cos i keep thinking im having gastro related problem. am i?)

I used my first urine of the day when im like 5 days late. I used those test kit that i get online. The hubby thought it might not be accurate so i waited for my next pee and used Clear Blue. It gives the same result. I guess any kit is fine, some will show the results earlier. My friend's line only appear about 1.5weeks after she miss her period!

I dont feel especially hungry, but i keep having this gastric-alike-feel. My friend told me its MS; is it true? I keep thinking I'm having gastric. It usually gets a little worst during evening/at night. For the time being, I dont have much craving other than having wanting to eat hot (not spicy) food. Like, hot soup, hot milo, noodles. I think it kinda put my mind as ease and hoping that it will warm my tummy abit (cos i keep thinking im having gastro related problem. am i?)

i'm not sure how MS is supposed to feel like actually cos this is my 1st pregnancy! But certain foods suddenly do not appeal to me and i feel like puking when i smell it. My colleague just offered me nian gao which she just heated up n the smell really put me off but i just gave her reason that it's because i had too much of it for CNY!

I've been having gastric pains cos i delayed eating though i was hungry yesterday so not sure if that was what u had?

maybe u can go down to any hospital pharmacy n buy a pregnancy test kit. it's only $1 each but supposedly very sensitive to hcg n it's what hospitals use to test urine for pregnancy. i used that this time as well as a CB just to be doubly sure it's confirmed. in my case, i only tested after being late for 9 days so both produced very bold lines immediately, meaning my hcg level is very high already. If it's still early, it's best if u test with the first urine of the day cos the concentration level will be high.

i'm not sure how MS is supposed to feel like actually cos this is my 1st pregnancy! But certain foods suddenly do not appeal to me and i feel like puking when i smell it. My colleague just offered me nian gao which she just heated up n the smell really put me off but i just gave her reason that it's because i had too much of it for CNY!

I've been having gastric pains cos i delayed eating though i was hungry yesterday so not sure if that was what u had?

im not sure too. I didnt delay any eating (maybe just a very late dinner on sunday cos i was travelling back and the plane only serve one meal at 4ish). It's my first too so I dont know how MS feels like. Just dont like that queasy-gastro kinda feel. hehe

My wife have had the exact same thing you are having! Diarrhea does come with more nausea too! We visited the gynae yesterday due to her diarrhea and possible yeast infection. The doc told us it may be due to the constipation that food that are consumed later on doesnt get digested properly and hence the loose stools or diarrhea. The gynae also recommended that for the first trimester, we should just take folic acid since that is the most important nutrient. Pre-natal and calcium supplements can start from 2nd trimester onwards. Hopefully, it will also help with the nausea.

Our baby is now 7 weeks and 5 days! The EDD is confirmed to be 8th Oct 2015. So happy when I heard that because that is the date I counted to be the baby's EDD.

im not sure too. I didnt delay any eating (maybe just a very late dinner on sunday cos i was travelling back and the plane only serve one meal at 4ish). It's my first too so I dont know how MS feels like. Just dont like that queasy-gastro kinda feel. hehe

As for MS, some common food that would help are: Ginger ale/beer and Plain crackers/biscuits. A good thing to do is to have a packet of biscuit beside your bed so that you can eat something first thing in the morning when you wake up to help you take the hunger/nausea away. MS is usually due to the high acidity of the stomach and that can be caused by hunger or stress. Not sure how Ginger ale/beer helps but it did. Helped to keep food down after eating it.

hi mummies, i went to see gynae yesterday. bb was 6w6d, 7.8mm sac and via an abdominal scan, i could hear the heartbeat and we were very relieved. Hang in there everyone! I had very bad MS and has lost 1.5kg since 5w. I cant even take plain water. So dont think about weight gain, eat while you can and whatever you feel like :)

hi mummies, this is my second preg, #1 is Horse. Wish to join the FB group.

Have not check up with gynae, and still looking for one.

Hi everyone, happy new year! Just went for 1st scan today and saw the yolk sac. Very exciting as I'm a first-time mum! EDD is 22 Oct 15. Will be going for 2nd scan in 2 weeks' time to hear bb's hb! Hope to join FB group if there's one :)

You can take a look at the sensitivity of the test kit. General kits are around 20-25 mIU/ml hCG, which means you need to have this amount of hCG in your urine to get the 2nd line (positive result). Some are more sensitive (10 mIU/ml hCG) which can detect your pregnancy at earlier stage.
So the brand of the kit doesn't matter, it's the sensitivity. It is written in the packaging. The cost of the kit can be as low as 30 cents per kit. Branded ones are usually $19++. You can get kits from Unity, guardian, watson, hospital pharmacy or even Qoo10.

Concentration of hCG level is normally highest in the morning first pee. So it's better for you to test in the morning.

oh ya, make sure you are not taking any anti-histamine medicine when you test your urine. It may affect the result. Anti-histamine are those you take for runny nose, itch, or allergies.

You can take a look at the sensitivity of the test kit. General kits are around 20-25 mIU/ml hCG, which means you need to have this amount of hCG in your urine to get the 2nd line (positive result). Some are more sensitive (10 mIU/ml hCG) which can detect your pregnancy at earlier stage.
So the brand of the kit doesn't matter, it's the sensitivity. It is written in the packaging. The cost of the kit can be as low as 30 cents per kit. Branded ones are usually $19++. You can get kits from Unity, guardian, watson, hospital pharmacy or even Qoo10.

Concentration of hCG level is normally highest in the morning first pee. So it's better for you to test in the morning.

oh ya, make sure you are not taking any anti-histamine medicine when you test your urine. It may affect the result. Anti-histamine are those you take for runny nose, itch, or allergies.
30 cent for one test kit?

Hi..Lavitaz. .thanks for your advise. . I will try the digital one few days later

Hi ladies.. I went to see my gynae at kkh today n he did a scan.. But he said it's too early in preg to determine if the bubble like dot is a sac or what.. Was quite disappointed.. Im 4 weeks 4days..he just ask me to continue with folic acid n next appt when I'm 7weeks odd....

Hi ladies.. I went to see my gynae at kkh today n he did a scan.. But he said it's too early in preg to determine if the bubble like dot is a sac or what.. Was quite disappointed.. Im 4 weeks 4days..he just ask me to continue with folic acid n next appt when I'm 7weeks odd....

Stay positive! I went at week 4 and detected sac and a yolk, went at week 6 plus detected a heartbeat. U will too! In the mean time, take good care of yourself and eat and sleep well. Think positive thoughts :)

Back