(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

I think it depends on the size and location of your fibroid. Mine is really huge but it is on top of the uterus so gynae says it should be fine but I have spotting issues so it could be a contributing factor.
I think pregnancy with fibroid would need more monitoring since it may grow along the pregnancy, a risk of pre-term too. Another concern is of degeneration (when the fibroid dies) along the pregnancy so there would be a lot of pain but my gynae says can take painkiller if unbearable. Fibroids ain't supposed to harm the baby as it is benign so trust your gynae and stay positive as a lot of mothers do give birth when they have fibroids. I accepted the fact that I have 2 growing in the next few months - a baby and a fibroid. Most important is for baby to be fine and healthy.
I have a 2cm fibroid at the back of my uterus but it never gave me any problems. During my review with my gynae he mentioned again that it will not interfere with the baby.. BTW I read online that fibroid decrease in size during pregnancy due to rising estrogen levels.. Is tat true?

I have a 2cm fibroid at the back of my uterus but it never gave me any problems. During my review with my gynae he mentioned again that it will not interfere with the baby.. BTW I read online that fibroid decrease in size during pregnancy due to rising estrogen levels.. Is tat true?

it really depends, no one really knows what the hormones are really doing to our body. Mine was 8cm and has grown to 11cm during the past 2 months.
If it doesn't interfere with the baby, and you are feeling ok. Just relax and enjoy the pregnancy. All the best to us.

My 'back pain' is getting from bad to worse. The pain is just a pulling pain whenever I sit up or if I stand on my left leg. Idk how to describe the pain cos it's only at a certain angle that the pulling pain will trigger. Now my Movement is like an old lady. Am only goin 12 wks but alrdy the pain (sometimes unbearable for a couple of mins) Think the pain started when I'm abt 7 or 8 wks. I Canot imagine if my tummy gets bigger will the pain gets even more severe?? Gynea say it's normal to hv the pain but I wonder if it's reali ok? I feels lik goin to chiropractic. Not sure if yoga helps. =(

Oh dear. I've been feeling very thirsty easily too. I crave for sweet drinks like Ribena or milo. I bought the Ribena syrup and add it to my glass of water whenever I crave for sweet stuffs. Water tastes very bland to me. You girls facing the same issue too??

Oh dear. I've been feeling very thirsty easily too. I crave for sweet drinks like Ribena or milo. I bought the Ribena syrup and add it to my glass of water whenever I crave for sweet stuffs. Water tastes very bland to me. You girls facing the same issue too??

Me too. Crave for sweet things .. I love Ribena too. Last night no appetite for food. So I sip ribena and try to eat my dinner. But I know must try to control too, in case sugar level too high :D

I went for my 2nd appointment last sat. Saw the baby waving at us! OMG! We r so excited :)
Booked the Harmony test in 3 weeks time. Does anyone know if the Harmony Test will be done at the clinic or hospital? Cuz initially we tot doc told us tat we nid to book for the test at hospital den on the last visit he say will be done at the clinic... so we are abit confused!

Me too. Crave for sweet things .. I love Ribena too. Last night no appetite for food. So I sip ribena and try to eat my dinner. But I know must try to control too, in case sugar level too high :D
Me too! started drinking ribena since last week! But now abit sian alr. Dunno which drink i will be addicted to next...me oso these few days no appetite for food. See what also don't feel like eating.

I went for my 2nd appointment last sat. Saw the baby waving at us! OMG! We r so excited :)
Booked the Harmony test in 3 weeks time. Does anyone know if the Harmony Test will be done at the clinic or hospital? Cuz initially we tot doc told us tat we nid to book for the test at hospital den on the last visit he say will be done at the clinic... so we are abit confused!
My clinic told me to pay in the clinic and collect a box few days before the test date and report to the hospital on the test date. My test is scheduled on 8th Apr.. I'll be a bag of nerves till the results are out.. We have not told anyone about this pregnancy yet, not even our parents.. Will probably tell only after the results.. Hopefully the results come back fast!

My clinic told me to pay in the clinic and collect a box few days before the test date and report to the hospital on the test date. My test is scheduled on 8th Apr.. I'll be a bag of nerves till the results are out.. We have not told anyone about this pregnancy yet, not even our parents.. Will probably tell only after the results.. Hopefully the results come back fast!

I thought the test will be done at the gyne's clinic .. Maybe diff clinics have different procedures :) mine will be done in mid April .

Me too! started drinking ribena since last week! But now abit sian alr. Dunno which drink i will be addicted to next...me oso these few days no appetite for food. See what also don't feel like eating.

Hahah.. I even eat the Ribena pastilles from my boy .. Hahah.. But only ate like 2-3 pastilles to satisfy the sweet cravings.. Trying to watch my sugar intake too

This pregnancy my pimples keep popping :( b4 pregnancy was almost pimples-free.. My first pregnancy was pimples-free too. I think every pregnancy is different . But dunno what kind of pimple cream is safe now for pregnancy .. Any mommies have the same problem?

it really depends, no one really knows what the hormones are really doing to our body. Mine was 8cm and has grown to 11cm during the past 2 months.
If it doesn't interfere with the baby, and you are feeling ok. Just relax and enjoy the pregnancy. All the best to us.

Thanks for the info!
Hope mine don't affect the baby's growth. And Good luck to us!

This pregnancy my pimples keep popping :( b4 pregnancy was almost pimples-free.. My first pregnancy was pimples-free too. I think every pregnancy is different . But dunno what kind of pimple cream is safe now for pregnancy .. Any mommies have the same problem?
I also have pimple outbreak on my forehead and cheeks. Using essential oil to help cos it's supposedly natural compared to most chemical anti blemish spot creams. Can anyone recommend what facial cleanser ya using?? Skin seems to be getting dryer.

which dr did you engage? Dun worry! Everything will be fine :)

I think it depends on your gynae, I did mine in the gyane clinic this morning.

Hi all!

I have a question to ask. How do you select your gynae?
I'm currently doing my gynae checks at NUH, but I don't have a specified doctor.

At my 9th week... I'm also taking 5mg of folic acid daily.

Hi, can I check, they jus draw blood and a swap from inside of hubby's cheek? Is yours harmony test or panorama? I heard is similar :)
I am not sure of the Panorama. I think Harmony just check the T13, 18, 21 and give you the gender. Panorama might test a few more stuff. My hubby didn't get to go through swaps or what so far. The only thing the gynae asked was his blood test results from previous body checks to make sure he have no issues.

Hi all!

I'm currently doing my gynae checks at NUH, but I don't have a specified doctor.

Hi are you planning to stay at NUH? I heard that Dr Su Lin Lin is good.

Hi all!

Hi, are u from the subsidised clinic or the private women's clinic at NUH?
I am seeing Dr Su Li Lin at NUH Women's Clinic...
Can just call the appointment hotline and say u wanna book appt with her...

Hi how is dr Su Li lin? She is the senior consultant there?

I'm having pimple outbreak too! Forehead and back. But my preggy friends say just leave it be.

I'm having pimple outbreak too! Forehead and back. But my preggy friends say just leave it be.

I also didn't apply any pimples or acne cream cos not sure which is safe. So jus leave it and wash my face clean . I use the brand "Simple". And I try to blot the oil away from my face too. I have oily face even b4 preggy .. Arrgghhh

I'm from the subsidised clinic... not private women's clinic.
Clinic G. Currently, all my checkups are scheduled in April and June but it just states "Medical Officer", means it's probably going to be a different doctor each time.
Will call the hotline tomorrow to ask! Thanks for your help!

---

How do you girls cope with MS?
After recovering from food poisoning 3 days ago, it seems that my MS has become more serious. Sometimes I vomit even after drinking plain water...

Last edited:
I'm from the subsidised clinic... not private women's clinic.
Clinic G. Currently, all my checkups are scheduled in April and June but it just states "Medical Officer", means it's probably going to be a different doctor each time.
Will call the hotline tomorrow to ask! Thanks for your help!

---

How do you girls cope with MS?
After recovering from food poisoning 3 days ago, it seems that my MS has become more serious. Sometimes I vomit even after drinking plain water...

Have some dry biscuits with you. My MS comes in the afternoon and goes all the way until night time. But mine wasn't as serious as you as in I will have a strong urge to vomit but most of the time, nothing comes out just air from the bloatedness.

Have some plums with you wherever you go to. I find that it helps to a certain extent. it'll be over soon babe.

Have some dry biscuits with you. My MS comes in the afternoon and goes all the way until night time. But mine wasn't as serious as you as in I will have a strong urge to vomit but most of the time, nothing comes out just air from the bloatedness.

Have some plums with you wherever you go to. I find that it helps to a certain extent. it'll be over soon babe.

I find those Plain crackers helps a lot too. I snack on fruit and raisins too.. Walnuts etc. Green apples and green kiwi, grapes etc.
My nausea is worse starting afternoon and all the way . Simply no
Appetite especially during dinner. So I try to drink milk . Thankfully I can still
Stomach milk. A few times my nausea is so bad I almost vomit out but so far didnt, jus air . But these are normal for first trimester. My first pregnancy is far worse than this time .. Hahah..

Adding lime to water greatly helps. I don't know how I managed in my first pregnancy without lime! I really can't stand plain water! Makes me want to vomit!

Hi everyone... I'm a 2nd time mom with edd on 30/10. In my 8 weeks now and MS is becoming worse, also having backaches and neck pain. This time round, seems like the pregnancy is more difficult.

I hope I won't bore you with my grouses but I realy needed an outlet to speak my mind.

I'm also working and recently just declared my condition to the boss. I have been on light duty since a month ago (due to the risk of my job) however work still came piling (my boss didn't know my condition then since I haven't cfm with a gynae). So yesterday after declaring to my boss with confirmation from gynae, I re-negotiated my workload. But he told me that everyone is having the same workload, everyone will also have pregnant wives and young kids to look after at home. He also said that he can choose not to assign any work to me but in the end my performance grading will be lower than the rest who are doing more.

Honestly I was very frustrated and stressed out with what he said. I didn't request for zero assignments, only wanted a more equal work distribution and perhaps assignments with less intense deadlines since I have been feeling sick. By now after what he said, I sort of feel compelled to perform the same as my other colleagues.

I have been trying to research if there is any definition for discrimination in Singapore but not much materials. I'm also not covered under the EA so I guess there's not much recourse I have... Just have to keep working to satisfy the requirement.

Thanks for having the patience to read... :)

Some employers are just not compassionate. I'm hving a difficult pregnancy as well. Only 12 wks Bt i alrdy walk like an old lady. Certain movements will trigger my pain so I hv to be v v slow in everything I do. It's frustrating at times bcos I like to be fast. Now I am just uber slow. I'm lucky that my workload is relatively little and working time oso quite flexible so not an issue. Bt abit on the worrying side is that I'm afraid my boss will just sack me anytime during or after my pregnancy. Since my work seems like easily replaceable. I know if they sack me due to my preg I can go up to MOM ya. Bt u nv noe some employers will purposely tekan u to make u leave instead.

Pregnant wives at home, not pregnant wives at work. I don't know what is the nature of your work and the staffing situation, but one thing to think about, during this critical period if something happens to you and the baby, will the boss be remorseful? I guess hardly. What if there are complications and it requires you to be on long leave? He has no choice.

Perhaps the way to negotiate is to tell him u can work as normal during 2nd trimester but right now there is a high risk. If he can't accept, then accept that this year the performance grading is lower but you can go to HR. He can't fire you, but you can highlight this.

I think im experiencing same thing as you. MS tend to come in the late morning till night, off on type. But tend to feel like vomitting whenever im in the toilet...

I agree that some employers may not be so empathetic .. Why not get your gyne to write a memo to say you are to be excused from heavy duties and field work and only light duties? With a note from gyne, at least can justify and substantiate .. I know sometimes situation is such we have to continue to work , maybe tight financial situations. So if employers continue not to be empathetic, we will jus take it that this year, we will not be performing as well .. We lose something to gain something more precious that no amount of money can buy:) for the sake of my boy , I also made request for my work . I reckon that my family is more precious to me than work and so I have no regrets . I still have 1 more year of bond to serve. So hope to be a free woman soon! :)

Hi all, I am new to the group! Can add me to the FB group? My email is [email protected]

Now with my #1 EDD 9 oct at TMC with Dr Adrian Tan. Staying in Woodlands.

So far quite lucky no MS. but for the past month HUGE APPETITE! I am hungry like every 2 hours. I will wake up in the middle of the night just to eat. No milk and dairy for me. No sourish food. All these make me sick. Now I hope I will start to feel less hungry. At the rate I am going I may put on too much weight :(

Going for OSCAR this Friday. Hope every thing will be fine!

Hi all, I am new to the group! Can add me to the FB group? My email is [email protected]

Now with my #1 EDD 9 oct at TMC with Dr Adrian Tan. Staying in Woodlands.

So far quite lucky no MS. but for the past month HUGE APPETITE! I am hungry like every 2 hours. I will wake up in the middle of the night just to eat. No milk and dairy for me. No sourish food. All these make me sick. Now I hope I will start to feel less hungry. At the rate I am going I may put on too much weight :(

Going for OSCAR this Friday. Hope every thing will be fine!

Hi I have just added you. Please check your email and spam folder.

I am still having MS and it is worsening, but my appetite is increasing. Got up in the middle last night cos I was hungry! Had to munch some crackers.

Good luck for your OSCAR! Mine is in a couple of weeks' time.

Thanks jerlicious. h0pefulyuki & bellebaby for your words.

My boss can't technically fire me because my paymaster is not him. Yea I have HR but I've not explored that option because well, there is a hierarchy and it seems to be a taboo to ove-ride it. Well of course unless there is some form of 'tekan' then maybe I should voice out more.

I'm not sure if a gynae' memo will work because I already produced light duty slip that specified I'm pregnant. As it is now, I am still doing my job but I have to be careful If handling aggressive people (part of our 'customer base'), self protection basically.

N to start with, my boss wasn't very fair in his work distribution since I worked under him a year ago. He's the type who won't really listen though he claim he understand the problems his subordinates are going through. The only thing he likes to do is use performance grading to compel us to work, since that is his domain.

Hi,

I just join this group.
Nickname: xinmum
EDD: 2 Oct
Child No.: 2
Gynae: Dr. Adrain Woodworth
Hospital: Thomson
Residence: Choa Chu Kang

S/No | Mommy / Daddy Nickname | EDD | Child No | Gynae | Hosp | Gender |Residence
\ 20 | tweetie76 | 1 Oct 2015 | #2 | TBC | SGH | TBC | TBA
\ 09 | ttcing | 3 Oct 2015 | #2 | Dr Henry Cheng | Mt A/ Mt E Novena | TBA | Toa Payoh
\ 11 | Evasin | 4 Oct 2015 | #1 | Dr Tan Yew Ghee | Raffles Hospital | TBC | Yishun
\ 18 | icezjo | 4 Oct 2015 | #2 | Dr Fong Yang | Mt A | TBC | Sengkang
\ 12 | Zaclin29 | 5 Oct 2015 | #2 | Dr Su Li Lin | NUH | TBC | Punggol
\ 17 | DustyPink | 5 Oct 2015 | #1 | Dr Beh Suan Tiong | TMC | TBC | Hougang
\ 19 | agestia | 6 Oct 2015 | #1 | Dr KW Lee | Gleneagles | TBC | Sengkang
\ 25 | Myojoanna | 6 Oct 2015 | #2 | Dr Henry Cheng | Mt A/ Mt E Novena | TBC | Hougang
\ 02 | Eileen1983 | 7 Oct 2015 | #1 | Dr John Tee | KKH | TBA | Yishun
\ 03 | p.dolphon | 8 Oct 2015 (TBC) | #2 | Dr Goh Shen Li | Mt A | TBC | Punggol
\ 08 | TiG3rR | 8 Oct 2015 (TBC) | #1 | Dr Heng Tung Lan | Parkway East Hosp | TBC | Tampines
\ 24 | Sushi80 |10 Oct 2015 | #1 | TBC | TBC | TBC | Bedok
\ 07 | MrsWee | 12 October 2015 | #2 | Dr Goh Shen Li | Mt A | TBC | Geylang Bahru
\ 04 | Pinnpinn | 13 Oct 2015 (TBC) | #1 |Dr Woo BH | TMC | TBA| Sengkang
\ 22 | Scorpio05 | 13 Oct 2015 | #2 | Dr Heng | Parkway east | TBC | TBA
\ 01 | azncutiegal | 14 Oct 2015 | #2 | Dr WK Tan | TMC | TBA | Yishun
\ 16 | Hopes16 | 15 Oct 2015 (TBC) | #2 | Dr Su Lin Lin | NUH | TBC | Bukit Timah
\ 06 | esquare1106_baby | 16 Oct 2015 | #1 | Dr Choo Wan Ling | GEH | TBC | West Coast
\ 14 | Lalaland_mummy | 17 Oct 2015 | #2 | Dr Ben Tham | TMC | TBC | Punggol
\ 05 | Jaslinegal | 18 Oct 2015 | #3 | TBA | KKH | TBC | Sengkang
\ 28 | franch | 20 Oct 2015 (TBC) | #1 | Dr Chua Yang | Mt A | TBC | Hougang
\ 27 | theia | 22 Oct 2015 | #1 | Prof Mary Rauff | NUH | TBA | Siglap
\ 21 | gwendolyn26 | 26 Oct 2015 | #2 | TBC | TBC | TBC | TBA
\ 23 | Shirl1308 | 29 Oct2015 | #1 | Dr John Tee | KKH | TBC | Tampines / Jurong
\ 26 | joey2015 | 30 Oct 2015 | #1 | Dr Steven Teo| KKH | TBC | Sengkang
\ 29 | Kaxin | 8 Nov 2015 (TBC) | /#3 | TBC | NUH | TBC | Serrangoon
\ 10 | tupapa | TBC | #2 | Dr K T Tan | KKH | TBC | Bedok
\ 13 | Blessedmummmytobe | TBC | #3 | Dr Irene Chua | Mt A | TBC | Bishan
\ 15 | xX.Angela.Xx | TBC | #1 | TBC | KKH | TBC | Serangoon/Yishun
\ 30 | littlebiscuit | TBC | #1 | Dr Kenneth E Lee | Mt A | TBC | Sembawang

Back