(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Lol... My hub likewise, though he always say that healthy is his only concern but I know gender is also important to him. He is the only child of the eldest son (my fil) in the family,and only grandson of their surname. If not a boy I think he wld b disappointed - cos he know it's the 'male species' that determine the baby's gender.

We are in the same boat. My hubby is the only male descendent on his family line. All his cousins are girls & he's the only one to carry the family surname. Summore the surname quite unique so I also abit stress. My first one was a girl so naturally the 2nd one I hope to be a boy. My PILs appear quite chill about the gender but it's my parents who were gan chiong & says it is impt to carry on their surname. Wa lau pregnant already very stress still need to ponder over gender. Popi popi!

We are in the same boat. My hubby is the only male descendent on his family line. All his cousins are girls & he's the only one to carry the family surname. Summore the surname quite unique so I also abit stress. My first one was a girl so naturally the 2nd one I hope to be a boy. My PILs appear quite chill about the gender but it's my parents who were gan chiong & says it is impt to carry on their surname. Wa lau pregnant already very stress still need to ponder over gender. Popi popi!

Sometimes seem like its very hard to get what we wish. That's y I can't wait to know the gender to end the anticipation.

Me also feel condition worsen. Good thing is the after taste in my mouth seems to subside but bad thing is I am vomitting more frequently than before.

Maybe need to wait until week 14-15 then things will improve.

I hope faster improve..I'm already burning 3weeks MC..wonder how some ladies make it to work...

Ya i really 佩服 those ladies who battle the MS & go to work...

Just curious, when can u officially go off from work? Last week of pregnancy?

hi all, i m new here... pls guide me... i m a first time mummy...
alrdy 7.7 weeks preggy... my morning sickness is quite bad... caused me to hv v bad gastric pains...
doct prescribed mi anti vomit n antacids bt i still puke badly... no matter wat i eat, partial will still puke out...
i don like ginger stuffs... any one with such symptoms like mi ?
i m hvin pre natal blues tooo... :(

I hope faster improve..I'm already burning 3weeks MC..wonder how some ladies make it to work...

My MS worsening yesterday and this morning also made me raised white flag n take MC today. Really cant tahan even though I already try my best to reduce the no of MC I take.

There are bad n not so bad days so for those not so bad days, I just drag myself to work. Sometimes is the long commute that makes me even more nausea. Sigh. Jia you n hope our MS improve soon.

Ya i really 佩服 those ladies who battle the MS & go to work...

Just curious, when can u officially go off from work? Last week of pregnancy?

I don't know is it I read from somewhere or my own company policy, think can start taking maternity from 4 weeks before delivery. Meaning 36 weeks?

This is my no1 so I am not sure but my mum told me if can go off early then go off and rest because she said towards the end, will feel heavy and tired.

hi all, i m new here... pls guide me... i m a first time mummy...
alrdy 7.7 weeks preggy... my morning sickness is quite bad... caused me to hv v bad gastric pains...
doct prescribed mi anti vomit n antacids bt i still puke badly... no matter wat i eat, partial will still puke out...
i don like ginger stuffs... any one with such symptoms like mi ?
i m hvin pre natal blues tooo... :(

Hugs to you, know how you feel. It is hard not to be negative but really hope you can try to not think about depressing thoughts.

How about try to just take juices, soy milk only, let stomach settle awhile first? I also try those bottled orange peels for sourness and sea bands. And take bits of crackers periodically just to line the stomach. Just try to start small and just have abit abit in stomach, dont take in normal portions yet and see if can stop from vomiting. Try to sleep more when you can, can temporary escape from MS.

I don't know is it I read from somewhere or my own company policy, think can start taking maternity from 4 weeks before delivery. Meaning 36 weeks?

This is my no1 so I am not sure but my mum told me if can go off early then go off and rest because she said towards the end, will feel heavy and tired.
What my colleague did last time is get doc to write a letter saying work from home in her last month. If cannot maybe ask for mc or hl to use up first so dun waste maternity leave. Maternity leave can use up to 1 year from birth but mc and hl expires upon calendar year.

What my colleague did last time is get doc to write a letter saying work from home in her last month. If cannot maybe ask for mc or hl to use up first so dun waste maternity leave. Maternity leave can use up to 1 year from birth but mc and hl expires upon calendar year.

Ohh.. Thanks for the advice. :)
I also thought of asking hospital leave, don't waste maternity leave. But I heard some people said nowadays gynae not so generous with hospital leave, scare of abuse. (although our stomach really big liao mah, what abuse? lol) Hopefully my gynae is lenient.

Actually for us we dun mind abt gender. But having a boy is like to satisfy the elders only. Ya. I agree wif u very stress. When i had my 1st, gynae said maybe is gal. We told pil.. can sense they r not v excited. When confirm is a boy instead a mth later, i can feel they seems to be more happy.

Ohh.. Thanks for the advice. :)
I also thought of asking hospital leave, don't waste maternity leave. But I heard some people said nowadays gynae not so generous with hospital leave, scare of abuse. (although our stomach really big liao mah, what abuse? lol) Hopefully my gynae is lenient.
If really not feeling well, gynae usually will give. Pregnancy is our priviledge. Haha. When i go for check i also take mc.. last time i stupid, use my own leave.

t
I have been having 'evening sickness' and will feel super tired by ard 4pm. So I decided to let me boss know. Fortunately he is very understanding and lets me go home everyday at 4pm. Also told my team cos its only fair they know why I'm leaving work early everyday. I'm at 11 weeks.
My mum is a very experienced nanny and will be helping me with e confinement and take care of my babies after birth. As I'm expecting twins, will be getting a helper to help out with housework while mum take care of the babies. Hope I can find a good helper.

your colleagues and boss are so nice! Glad to hear that your mum will be helping you with the care of your babies!

I will also start to get unwell after lunch but will have to tahan till 6pm :(

My husband also said, can tell my boss... hmmm..

Do you have colleagues who are pregnant in the past? If have, can see if they are nice towards these mothers.... then decide to tell. I tell partly also cos my work entails field work so have to walk alot ... I also have to carry my laptop home every other day :(

after telling it's a relief off my mind..but I am also scared it anything happen then embarrassed ...

Hi ladies.. Did my harmony test today.

Gynae drew 2 tubes of blood from me. No fasting required. Took less than 5min. Dr say he usually inform couples result in 2weeks but in fact will be faster.

Harmony is $1350

Did a scan today also. 1st time see bb moving. 12th week now.. Dr peep under /in between the beanie leg, but he say cant comment cos he cant see much.

thanks for updating us.
Hope your test results will be fine.
Haha- dr yam wanted to help you see the gender of your baby. The harmony test results will tell you the gender earlier... which I tot most mtb wld be excited to know!

Absolutely right...at least ur PIL seems quite modern..lol n ur parents hope the best for you lah.. Most important is u n ur hub.. As long as u guys are in it tog. Are u gg to do Harmony test? Or wait till later to see gender?
Actually for us we dun mind abt gender. But having a boy is like to satisfy the elders only. Ya. I agree wif u very stress. When i had my 1st, gynae said maybe is gal. We told pil.. can sense they r not v excited. When confirm is a boy instead a mth later, i can feel they seems to be more happy.
Wah!!! Lucky boy, must b doted by the PIL... And one load off ur shoulders.

I know my hub is most stressed cos he knows his families 'pattern' and he understands the science of baby gender. So u can see him 'conflicting' with himself... Amusing at times...but most of the time it's cos he is stress that I get more stress. Sigh... Can't wait for my Harmony test next wk and the results, hopefully before cny to have a relaxed new year.

I am 11 weeks now ;) waiting for my appointment for my oscar scan . My first child is a boy , so of course I am hoping for a girl to form the 好 ;) and then close factory

Absolutely right...at least ur PIL seems quite modern..lol n ur parents hope the best for you lah.. Most important is u n ur hub.. As long as u guys are in it tog. Are u gg to do Harmony test? Or wait till later to see gender?

Wah!!! Lucky boy, must b doted by the PIL... And one load off ur shoulders.

I know my hub is most stressed cos he knows his families 'pattern' and he understands the science of baby gender. So u can see him 'conflicting' with himself... Amusing at times...but most of the time it's cos he is stress that I get more stress. Sigh... Can't wait for my Harmony test next wk and the results, hopefully before cny to have a relaxed new year.
But they already have 3 grandsons including my son.. now youngest they sure dote. Seriously the 2nd one i dun mind gal or boi. So long as the bb is healthy. Trying to conceive is already not an easy job, still want to "choose" gender. I cannot understand old folks.. surname to be carried so impt to them.

Me too. 2 weeks MC plus 2 weeks of hl. And it's only the start of the year! If I know can take hl instead, I would have asked for hl from the beginning to save my MC. I actually need to drive to send my p2 daughter to school in the morning then to work, but how to drive with ms condition? I also wasted $107 for the season parking at my office for this month. :(

When it comes to gender cannot please everyone la. My first one i hope boy cos my fil does not have male 内孙 but two external ones. And my hubby is youngest only male. He very traditional. But my second sil hope ours is gal cos three boys very overwhelming. When we announce my fil immediately said he could tell from the shape is a boy etc etc. We let him choose name so he happy. He consulted their 祖谱 and count strokes etc. Big task. English name he left it to us though he commented why we chose the first alphabet to be z cos our dog's name starts with z too haha. In the end he let us have our way. I know this time my mil hopes for a gal. When I told her my symptoms are different she start to hope haha.

hi piggling, i tried soya milk n normal milk, sometimes it wrks bt sometimes it mkes mi puke...
i tried crackers sometimes in d middle of d nite but still acid keeps coming up to my throat...
m feeling depressed cos pain in my gastric is unbearable... doct cant giv mi jab tooo...

My hubby has 2 nieces who gave birth one after another one. My hubby is youngest so all his elder sister kids all like in the 20s liao.. :p

So last weekend when we visit the mil, i asked her the gender of the bb of one of the niece. She replied 'aiya, gal lah' ..
Then i was thinking y she sound so :(

Then after awhile she come over tel me another niece give birth is boy.. She say 'the bb so cute the eyes so big, eyelid so deep' ...

Then i say okay. Boy or gal as long healthy can Liao..

Then she say 'gender impt also'

Then i say 'nt impt to me... '

She say 'nt impt to u but impt to us pple' ..

Then i wanna rebuke her but i think beta not lah.. :mad:

My hubby has 2 nieces who gave birth one after another one. My hubby is youngest so all his elder sister kids all like in the 20s liao.. :p

So last weekend when we visit the mil, i asked her the gender of the bb of one of the niece. She replied 'aiya, gal lah' ..

Then after awhile she come over tel me another niece give birth is boy.. She say 'the bb so cute the eyes so big, eyelid so deep' ...

She's so rude. What era nowadays? Even my grandma (hb's ah ma) is not that 老古板。

If really not feeling well, gynae usually will give. Pregnancy is our priviledge. Haha. When i go for check i also take mc.. last time i stupid, use my own leave.

Gynae will give mc for checkup right? Last appointment was the first time I had appointment on weekday, I also took my own leave. On the day then my gynae's nurse told me can issue MC. Will use MC going forward although will be alot since will have visits all the way to delivery.

Do you have colleagues who are pregnant in the past? If have, can see if they are nice towards these mothers.... then decide to tell. I tell partly also cos my work entails field work so have to walk alot ... I also have to carry my laptop home every other day :(

after telling it's a relief off my mind..but I am also scared it anything happen then embarrassed ...

With my current close team, no one was pregnant before because the only mother close shop before she joined us. Last time I had a colleague who had left the team, she managed to get maternity n no pay leave for v long. So I don't know what to expect because it was also a different boss back then. Hopefully it will be okie.

hi piggling, i tried soya milk n normal milk, sometimes it wrks bt sometimes it mkes mi puke...
i tried crackers sometimes in d middle of d nite but still acid keeps coming up to my throat...
m feeling depressed cos pain in my gastric is unbearable... doct cant giv mi jab tooo...

I feel soya milk works abit better for me than normal milk. Normal makes me abit nausea at times.

Did gynae recommend anything? Gastric is definitely miserable. :( how about plain porridge? I really hope you feel better soon. Do continue to drink fluid, don't dehydrate.

I agree that conceive is already not easy so need to care about gender, also v stress. Hopefully we all get what we wish for. Actually I abit scare to know the gender... I don't know how I will react.

Ooooo

Seriously tot my vomitting days r over...cos i didnt puke for last few days so i tot is over. but no...came home n jus in time merlioned in the dustbin... thank god is at home n not outside or anywhere ....... now i feel disgusted with the vomit taste in my mouth... really dislike vomitting like seriously... y must pregnant woman go thru this?????

If onli the man experience wat we go thru

.i m at week 10 n i already showing ...i think is bloatedness

Attachments

• 1421815855691.jpg
    1421815855691.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 176

Wa sey! Buay tahan!

Gynae will give mc for checkup right? Last appointment was the first time I had appointment on weekday, I also took my own leave. On the day then my gynae's nurse told me can issue MC. Will use MC going forward although will be alot since will have visits all the way to delivery.
Can. For my side, the nurse will ask beforehand whether need mc. Even if she didnt ask, we can request.

hello all... just joined and didnt run thru all the pages... did harmony test too... and some detail scan to check the neck fluid thickness (i think) and also whether the baby has got nasal bone... that was the main thing they say they're checking...
Am also a merlion mummy...
Used to be a blogshop fan... feeling so sad and lost now as alot of maternity wear are very aunty :(
If you ladies have other recommendation, do share... Thanks...
So far i only came across Asos Maternity... Local shop, no eyes see... Expensive and not nice....

@kyxyy, maybe u get a few simple wear for everyday mix and match.

The sales @spring maternity asked me not to expect that I can wear those I brought till birth (especially bottoms). The tummy will expand rapidly especially in the 3rd trimester.

Endure for a few months, can start buying nice and sexy clothes again after birth.:)

hello all... just joined and didnt run thru all the pages... did harmony test too... and some detail scan to check the neck fluid thickness (i think) and also whether the baby has got nasal bone... that was the main thing they say they're checking...
Am also a merlion mummy...
Used to be a blogshop fan... feeling so sad and lost now as alot of maternity wear are very aunty :(
If you ladies have other recommendation, do share... Thanks...
So far i only came across Asos Maternity... Local shop, no eyes see... Expensive and not nice....
I like uniqlo. They dun have specific maternity wear but their stuff is versatile enough esp the loose dresses and tops. Some bottoms are elastic too. Prices are reasonable.
Work wear becomes more difficult to source at reasonable prices. But when there are sales maybe can get some pieces from normal shops at good prices. One of my best loved dress is from gg<5. Bought it during sale at 50% and it can bring me from first to third tri comfortably. Even after delivery still can wear cos got belt.

sane... thanks for the reply... this is my 2nd bb... for the first bb, i have to buy dresses even at 3rd trimester cos i put so much... and indeed spring maternity clothes can't last till 3rd trim...
indeed got to endure... endure...

ladies... for those who have ms, can try pierre water... sparkling and yet not guilty... can make u burppppp... but i still prefer coke =x

I like uniqlo. They dun have specific maternity wear but their stuff is versatile enough esp the loose dresses and tops. Some bottoms are elastic too. Prices are reasonable.
Work wear becomes more difficult to source at reasonable prices. But when there are sales maybe can get some pieces from normal shops at good prices. One of my best loved dress is from gg<5. Bought it during sale at 50% and it can bring me from first to third tri comfortably. Even after delivery still can wear cos got belt.
Thanks! I did manage to find a dress from Uniqlo too... Ok, i'll go check out gg<5!

Hi,

I'm new here... I'm now 10weeks edd mid aug. #2. My boy is 17mths old now.
Just went to gynae checkup @week8, will be going back for Panorama Test this sat. Hopefully everything is ok.

Is there any Facebook group or watzapp group already created? If so, pls do add me. :)

@peko08, u can pm @Mummyof3jays to join the fb group and @xuan_mom for WhatsApp group.

sane... thanks for the reply... this is my 2nd bb... for the first bb, i have to buy dresses even at 3rd trimester cos i put so much... and indeed spring maternity clothes can't last till 3rd trim...
indeed got to endure... endure...

ladies... for those who have ms, can try pierre water... sparkling and yet not guilty... can make u burppppp... but i still prefer coke =x

I can feel u ...... I don't even feel like window shop now. For the ones that I have, I am prepared to give them away after birth so must make good use of it.
Gotta wait till after confinement and figure regain then can start to shop, now can focus on baby stuff first wahaha ....

Hi,

I'm new here... I'm now 10weeks edd mid aug. #2. My boy is 17mths old now.
Just went to gynae checkup @week8, will be going back for Panorama Test this sat. Hopefully everything is ok.

Is there any Facebook group or watzapp group already created? If so, pls do add me. :)
wow... bravo mummy... very close age gap...

Buay tahan the elder folks on gender discrimination. I always tell my mum 会生就好. There are many others who tried very hard to conceive & went thru lots of emotional coasters just to conceive, all we MTBs just hope the baby to be safe & healthy

@peko08, u can pm @Mummyof3jays to join the fb group and @xuan_mom for WhatsApp group.

I can feel u ...... I don't even feel like window shop now. For the ones that I have, I am prepared to give them away after birth so must make good use of it.
Gotta wait till after confinement and figure regain then can start to shop, now can focus on baby stuff first wahaha ....
ya lor... i also intend to give away... going to close shop after this... :p
and pray hard can regain figure soon... hahahaha~~~

Hi everyone,

Finally plucked up enough courage to join this chat group.

Am 8+ weeks now, EDD 29 August. Expecting #2, my first is a boy, 21 months.

The pregnancy jitters don't get better for me, even second time round. I'm one of the lucky ones without MS, so I really look forward to each gynae scan to confirm that beanie is doing ok.

Will join the FB group once I "pass" the Oscar scan :)

Buay tahan the elder folks on gender discrimination. I always tell my mum 会生就好. There are many others who tried very hard to conceive & went thru lots of emotional coasters just to conceive, all we MTBs just hope the baby to be safe & healthy

Lols .... even the great grand grannies are more open minded. Maybe not in their younger days but seeing how daughters are more fillial. They change their mind.

ya lor... i also intend to give away... going to close shop after this... :p
and pray hard can regain figure soon... hahahaha~~~

Now I am happily eating and gaining weight. 以后就惨了。 :(

Hi everyone,

The pregnancy jitters don't get better for me, even second time round. I'm one of the lucky ones without MS, so I really look forward to each gynae scan to confirm that beanie is doing ok.

Welcome welcome. ;)

Lols .... even the great grand grannies are more open minded. Maybe not in their younger days but seeing how daughters are more fillial. They change their mind.

Now I am happily eating and gaining weight. 以后就惨了。 :(

Welcome welcome. ;)

for my 1st one i happily eating and gaining weight... end up gain 20kg!!!! Manage to lost all which i guess is pure luck... but now older liao... scare le... trying to control as much as possible...

have you ladies tot of whether to bf?

for my 1st one i happily eating and gaining weight... end up gain 20kg!!!! Manage to lost all which i guess is pure luck... but now older liao... scare le... trying to control as much as possible...

I don't even dare to look at my weight now :(
Eating whatever it makes me feel happy. With the terrible MS, 能吃是福, 我也不管了。
Yes yes, bf is a must .... is so satisfying to see bb drinking the liquid gold :D

Hi everyone,

Hi welcome. We have quite a few similarities. My 1st one is a girl & is 21mths too (born in Apr 2013). We are around the same EDD, mine is 25 Aug. And I do not have MS too. Haha... Nice to meet u here

Me too, I gained 19kg for my first pregnancy. U can imagine a 1.5m tall pregger at the weight of 64kg at my last trimester. I can't even reach my toes. Took about 6mths to shed off 15kgs & sad that I still have about 4kg remaining of fats in my body now. With bfing, I'm determined to get back to shape faster this time.

Back