(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Yah, agree on the maid part. It is too big a risk, especially with no one to supervise.
Thus, I decided to ask for 4 months maternity + 2 months no pay so that I can tend to the baby for 6 months so build up immunity. At least I got abit more time to think about what to do after all the leave ends.

I hope you are able to get your 3 months straight. is manpower tight over your side?
We are a small team so i guess it is considered tight and the tail end also coincides with our budgeting period which lowers my chance of getting my wish granted... but see how first :) as long as bb is healthy and well sure can find a way out.

hello all, im in my week9 now.. and i hardly have any symptom. Stomach got the expanding:confused: feeling during day time and flatten the next day morning when i woke up. anyone has the similar symptom like me?

next appt is this friday.. cant wait for it! :)
My stomach feels flatter in the morning too. At night it is bigger after all the expansion in the day time. Maybe you are one of the lucky ones without much symptoms. My last preg not much symptoms too. This time round not as easy.

Hiaz...vomit less but not getting much appetite.feeling hungry but Duno wat I wan eat.
I even puke green apple juice twice so stop taking Le.
Hope things improves..n yeah.. Thx for your concern.
Feel sooo sooooo lethargic.a day at work n I feel it's like 5 days work Le..so many collex commented I looks tired.
How u so far?
Can get hospitalisation leave or mc from your gynae?
Maybe try some plain biscuits and hot drink. Little bit at a time.
My ms comes back over the wkend. After meal. But not serious. I can still eat. ☺

My stomach feels flatter in the morning too. At night it is bigger after all the expansion in the day time. Maybe you are one of the lucky ones without much symptoms. My last preg not much symptoms too. This time round not as easy.
Same same! I wonder if its coz food digested so tummy become smaller.hehe

hope im the lucky one... sometime i can forget im preg..:eek:

28 days confinement meal lunch & dinner for $2130.
Worth it? Considering my mum don't need to do marketing for me, cook and wash for 2 meals.
http://thomsonbaby.com/confinement-food/3608-28-day-confinement-lunch-dinner.html

http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/confinement-food-home-delivery.2850/

I was think of that too.. but my parent throw me a stunt...

2 days ago they hv the promo price for the cordlife fair** now the price back to the normal liao.. haiz..

Was hoping if I get the meals settled, dun need to hire helper...

Who know they throw me the maid issue only today.. :confused: :(

I was think of that too.. but my parent throw me a stunt...

2 days ago they hv the promo price for the cordlife fair** now the price back to the normal liao.. haiz..

Was hoping if I get the meals settled, dun need to hire helper...

Who know they throw me the maid issue only today.. :confused: :(

What's the promo price like? I will be dropping tmc because they won't deliver on Sun.

Initially I want to ask my mum to cook but it's troublesome to cook 2 meals per day with daily marketing and not much varieties too :p

What type of maid issue? o_O
Are they asking u to hire a maid instead?

Worth it? Considering my mum don't need to do marketing for me, cook and wash for 2 meals.
http://thomsonbaby.com/confinement-food/3608-28-day-confinement-lunch-dinner.html

http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/confinement-food-home-delivery.2850/
I also considering taking confinement tinggat. But come to think if it, add a few hundred more can hire a confinement lady.. but i cannot stand a stranger living under the same roof.. sigh...

Yah, agree on the maid part. It is too big a risk, especially with no one to supervise.
Thus, I decided to ask for 4 months maternity + 2 months no pay so that I can tend to the baby for 6 months so build up immunity. At least I got abit more time to think about what to do after all the leave ends.

I hope you are able to get your 3 months straight. is manpower tight over your side?
Hey, i m also planning to take no pay leave for a few mths this time round before parking the bb in ifc.. but hope ifc got vacancy.. else hav to extend no pay leave liao...

We are a small team so i guess it is considered tight and the tail end also coincides with our budgeting period which lowers my chance of getting my wish granted... but see how first :) as long as bb is healthy and well sure can find a way out.

Does sound tight but i hope your wish will come true! Yes, baby healthy and well is most important to us!

I was browsing thomson confinement food too. They don't deliver on Sun? So weird hor, how can break up our confinement meals.

But i rem one mummy shared before that ordered confinement food, nt as strong in ginger and wine as per cooked by confinement lady.

I also considering taking confinement tinggat. But come to think if it, add a few hundred more can hire a confinement lady.. but i cannot stand a stranger living under the same roof.. sigh...

Yah, quite exp considering confinement lady only cost abit more. If find a good one through word of mouth, maybe you can accept someone living with you?

Hey, i m also planning to take no pay leave for a few mths this time round before parking the bb in ifc.. but hope ifc got vacancy.. else hav to extend no pay leave liao...

I am not sure is it applicable to all areas but i heard ifc very high in demand. If you got interest, maybe can go register your interest now so that can secure a place when the time comes.

I most prob going to pay them for the confinement food. I went for the seminar last week and i saw the food display.. My mom was saying can feed 2 people based on the portions.. N every meal got red date logan tea. Haha. Plus i think the confinement food menu by thomson is done by nutritionist and doctors so shld be good..

Yah, quite exp considering confinement lady only cost abit more. If find a good one through word of mouth, maybe you can accept someone living with you?

I am not sure is it applicable to all areas but i heard ifc very high in demand. If you got interest, maybe can go register your interest now so that can secure a place when the time comes.

The nearest ifc is juz opposite my blk. Actually i dun quite like that sch becoz the branding i feel not v gd. But no choice.. coz nearest.. i dun wan to carry a baby n bring him or her to a sch tat is too far away too. Ya.. will start to register even before bb is born. Hope can.

Maybe other ppl feel the CL but cannot pass my standard leh.. my standard v high. Haha!

If i can afford i will wish to be sahm till the child turns 18 mths.. but the separation anxiety will be worse then.

It seems some have spoken to their boss...i have done so too cos I need to excuse from travelling overseas. And fortunately my boss was understanding - plus I already found someone to cover me for my trips. And also he can plan for someone to cover me during maternity.

I'm also a bit pantang so told boss to keep mums to others till Feb... So far he seems to have done so... Cos no rumours yet.

Was even more surprised when my boss asked what we plan after maternity... He asked if I considered to take no pay till baby is 1yr. As my company policy obliges them to keep my exact position if I take 6mth or less npl. This seems to b gd idea if our finances work out. Otherwise like most, I'm also eyeing the ifc near my place at amk.

It seems some have spoken to their boss...i have done so too cos I need to excuse from travelling overseas. And fortunately my boss was understanding - plus I already found someone to cover me for my trips. And also he can plan for someone to cover me during maternity.

Was even more surprised when my boss was asked what we plan after maternity... He suggested if I considered to take no pay till baby is 1yr. As my company policy obliges them to keep my exact position if I take 6mth or less npl. These seems to b gd idea if our finances work out. Otherwise like most, I'm also eyeing the ifc near my place at amk.
Your boss is good. At least he bother to ask abt your plan.

The nearest ifc is juz opposite my blk. Actually i dun quite like that sch becoz the branding i feel not v gd. But no choice.. coz nearest.. i dun wan to carry a baby n bring him or her to a sch tat is too far away too. Ya.. will start to register even before bb is born. Hope can.

Maybe other ppl feel the CL but cannot pass my standard leh.. my standard v high. Haha!

If i can afford i will wish to be sahm till the child turns 18 mths.. but the separation anxiety will be worse then.

Yah, need to register soon. My friend registered shortly after she got pregnant. Really not easy for working mums. Sigh.

That's y I don't want to do confinement at my mum's house cause she's too naggy.
Don't want her to go daily to the market and cook twice for me. Still need to wash and mop, super tiring for her.

As for CL, I read that the market rate is around 2.7k still have to include transport fee from M'sia?? Angbao? And also being selective of what they want to do?
The fee does not include the food cost. I estimate to be around $20-30 for each meal if we get the ingredients ourselves. A piece of threadfin already cost $10++. A pair of pork kidney is around $18? A trip to the market is so expensive nowadays.

I was browsing thomson confinement food too. They don't deliver on Sun? So weird hor, how can break up our confinement meals.

But i rem one mummy shared before that ordered confinement food, nt as strong in ginger and wine as per cooked by confinement lady.

That's y I drop them my list. How do we get our replacement meal?
Now I am reading the reviews and recommendations, comparing the menu.

I think about it already, I want more fish, less meat, less oily too. I will let them know in advance. Maybe u want to highlight to them if u wan more wine and ginger. For me, I don't quite like ginger but I like wine, martell and dom. Have already stock up my dom.

I most prob going to pay them for the confinement food. I went for the seminar last week and i saw the food display.. My mom was saying can feed 2 people based on the portions.. N every meal got red date logan tea. Haha. Plus i think the confinement food menu by thomson is done by nutritionist and doctors so shld be good..

Somehow I feel if the portion is too big, can we just order 1 meal and save the other half for dinner? Save $$ too ... hehe ...
TMC confinement meal is nice but how are we going to find the replacement meal on Sun? I don't want to trouble my mum.
The longan tea will not be enough, we need to brew a big pot and drink throughout the day :)

Last edited:

But CL $2400 onwards right? and exclude tonic and meals so adds up will still be more ex. Moreover some CL will want a room or a bed specifically so unless there is a spare room or bed (not mattress), then can engage one...
I have yet to come to this topic officially yet. I just feel we have too much on hand to think and plan

But CL $2400 onwards right? and exclude tonic and meals so adds up will still be more ex. Moreover some CL will want a room or a bed specifically so unless there is a spare room or bed (not mattress), then can engage one...
I have yet to come to this topic officially yet. I just feel we have too much on hand to think and plan

Somemore if we can find a good one still worth it but I read many unpleasant encounters in the forum :confused:

As for CL, I read that the market rate is around 2.7k still have to include transport fee from M'sia?? Angbao? And also being selective of what they want to do?
The fee will does not include the food cost. I estimate to be around $20-30 for each meal if we get the ingredients ourselves. A piece of threadfin already cost $10++. A pair of pork kidney is around $18?

Somehow I feel if the portion is too big, can we just order 1 meal and save the other half for dinner?
TMC confinement meal is nice just how are we going to find the replacement meal on Sun? I don't want to trouble my mum.
The longan tea will not be enough, we need to brew a big pot and drink throughout the day :)

Oh yes those "hidden surcharges" to take note of! And must cfm they can stay 28 days (rmb one mentioned her CL can only stay for a few weeks and if extend, need to pay again). N if u breastfeed n pump out not enuf, u r still e one who will b feeding baby in e middle of e night. Out of a sudden, i quite envy those whose mummies/MIL are or used to be a nanny, looking after babies for neighbours etc. Haha.. Can help and very experienced n we can go work without headache!

Meals must serve hot to us right? So if put for a few hours den warm it up, is it still okay?

I also recently cfm a CL, s$3.9k for 6wks. still need ang bao for start n end. Plus need to pay for permit. Like most, I din't think I will want to have stranger in my house.

But in the end, I gave in. Cos my mum is working n I don't want to trouble her. My Mil is inexperienced and old. Can't expect them to take care of me n the baby esp for night feed. My gal friend whom had her 2nd kid last yr, reminded me that rest and recovery is very important..esp since we are not mum at 27, 28 yo. So, if budget can afford spend on a CL and safe everyone a headache. My mum n in-laws can come and go whenever the wish no pressure.

My requirements very simple, take gd care of me and baby. Cover the chores I used to do at home, my hubby will do his own chores.

I also recently cfm a CL, s$3.9k for 6wks. still need ang bao for start n end. Plus need to pay for permit. Like most, I din't think I will want to have stranger in my house.

But in the end, I gave in. Cos my mum is working n I don't want to trouble her. My Mil is inexperienced and old. Can't expect them to take care of me n the baby esp for night feed. My gal friend whom had her 2nd kid last yr, reminded me that rest and recovery is very important..esp since we are not mum at 27, 28 yo. So, if budget can afford spend on a CL and safe everyone a headache. My mum n in-laws can come and go whenever the wish no pressure.

My requirements very simple, take gd care of me and baby. Cover the chores I used to do at home, my hubby will do his own chores.

$3.9k sounds v expensive. She will do house chores? Usually will only cover urd n bb clothes right? But if a CL can save u all troubles, yes go ahead...

We briefly touch on this topic and was wondering on CL too becos dun wish ended up having any argument with in-law. But having a husband to apply 2weeks or 1mth leave (if possible), maybe will help too...

$3.9k sounds v expensive. She will do house chores? Usually will only cover urd n bb clothes right? But if a CL can save u all troubles, yes go ahead...

We briefly touch on this topic and was wondering on CL too becos dun wish ended up having any argument with in-law. But having a husband to apply 2weeks or 1mth leave (if possible), maybe will help too...

Nope.. Hubby likes his own way of cleaning the house. Dun like pple to mess up. So instead she jus need to do a gd job of taking care of me and my baby, cooking for all, do all the laundry including hubby's, keep laundry and do ironing. Cos these are what I used to do.

Will definitely let the hubby try out and see how much he can learn from the CL... If he can copy 90%, for the 2nd child, my hubby will take over as CL and save $$$.

Oh yes those "hidden surcharges" to take note of! And must cfm they can stay 28 days (rmb one mentioned her CL can only stay for a few weeks and if extend, need to pay again). N if u breastfeed n pump out not enuf, u r still e one who will b feeding baby in e middle of e night. Out of a sudden, i quite envy those whose mummies/MIL are or used to be a nanny, looking after babies for neighbours etc. Haha.. Can help and very experienced n we can go work without headache!

Meals must serve hot to us right? So if put for a few hours den warm it up, is it still okay?

I m prepared for bf so bb will sleep with me at night. My last confinement was quite stress because of my mum's constant nagging.

Actually with the food settled, i am quite contented with the peace at home. Just abit worried about the bf part, hopefully I can latch successfully, that will save hassles of pumping and washing. I remember both mum and in laws banging on the door when i was trying to latch my gal.

The warming part is 1 of my concern too, my mum say might have "stomach wind" if we eat cold food but if we finish the full portion each time, how to lose weight :(

I think u need to communicate with the CL whether the fee covers their transport fee, taxi fare, their food expenses. Any extra charges.
And your requirements like cooking for the family, take night of baby at night and house hold chore like sweep/mop floor, wash clothes, their hygiene level and your preference food.
Of course if she is good, the $ will be well spent and all issues will be solved. :)

Nope.. Hubby likes his own way of cleaning the house. Dun like pple to mess up. So instead she jus need to do a gd job of taking care of me and my baby, cooking for all, do all the laundry including hubby's, keep laundry and do ironing. Cos these are what I used to do.

Will definitely let the hubby try out and see how much he can learn from the CL... If he can copy 90%, for the 2nd child, my hubby will take over as CL and save $$$.

And marketing as well. Sounds straight forward.
Ur hb is really good and if he can also cook well, he can really take over the role :)

I b hiring back my prev CL as she taught my hubby n i how to handle the twins alone after she left. Am a sahm eversince i had my twins, as i had c sect..having a CL helped loads esp the initial 3 wks.
3rd week onwards i tried to bathe the babies etc but mainly i left it to CL.
Night feeds was settled by her etc, i just need to be a cow and have plenty of rest.
Most impt part is coz we are paying for her service,we do not have to worry abt telling her what we want to done etc.
But last round i hired her via an agency coz wasnt familiar and agency usually allows u to change nanny if can't click.
Marketing is done by my parents or she will accompany hubby to the market,usually she wldnt wanna handle $$$.
Anything to do with the newborn and mother is handled by CL.

sorry for hijacking the thread on CL but waking up in the middle of the night to vomit is a first for me.

This should be because I had Thai food for dinner and the tomyam is too spicy for my stomach to handle.

Thought I'd share this lesson to save some MTB the same agony.

Oh dear, hope U are feeling better now. My TCM advised me against tom yam cos I asked if I can take food with lemongrass. Maybe other mummies can take note preferably not to take food with lemongrass, including lemongrass drink.

sorry for hijacking the thread on CL but waking up in the middle of the night to vomit is a first for me.

This should be because I had Thai food for dinner and the tomyam is too spicy for my stomach to handle.

hello all, im in my week9 now.. and i hardly have any symptom. Stomach got the expanding:confused: feeling during day time and flatten the next day morning when i woke up. anyone has the similar symptom like me?

next appt is this friday.. cant wait for it! :)
I'm also in week 9 now & I have zero symptoms too. Like I always lament in this thread, I don't even experience tender breasts. We might just be the lucky few mummies here. Many throw up whatever they eat, I really empathize with their condition. My tummy is also flat in the morning, the weird thing is I'm losing some weight where my appetite is normal.

3.9K is really very steep. If u are having twins then I would think it's worth it, otherwise it's like those peak period surcharge (like CNY confinement). I hired back my 1st confinement lady, charges $2.5K. Like rainzz mentioned, marketing done weekly by parents/in laws, CL will follow to mkt & choose whatever ingredients she needs. Hubby drives her back with the ingredients & she doesn't handle any $$$ or being left alone. She will cook extra portion for my hubby or even for my in laws who occasionally pop by to visit me. She will cook an extra non-confinement dish so that the rest can have a variety (she can eat also). The marketing will cost quite abit, we need those gd stuffs like fish, kidneys, liver & some other herbs like red dates, longans & nutritious soups.

3.9K is really very steep. If u are having twins then I would think it's worth it, otherwise it's like those peak period surcharge (like CNY confinement). I hired back my 1st confinement lady, charges $2.5K. Like rainzz mentioned, marketing done weekly by parents/in laws, CL will follow to mkt & choose whatever ingredients she needs. Hubby drives her back with the ingredients & she doesn't handle any $$$ or being left alone. She will cook extra portion for my hubby or even for my in laws who occasionally pop by to visit me. She will cook an extra non-confinement dish so that the rest can have a variety (she can eat also). The marketing will cost quite abit, we need those gd stuffs like fish, kidneys, liver & some other herbs like red dates, longans & nutritious soups.
her 3.9k is for 6wks. if u calculated, i think is ard same for 4 wks

Anyone already told their colleagues and boss yet?
Am still trying to resist telling till end of first trimester... Haha.. But I really scare I vomit in front of them.
I feeling abit don't know how to tell boss. haha.

I told my bosses and my covering colleague at around week 7. Cos was worried that I might go on sudden Mc etc. my bosses guessed it as much cos they were females and noticed that I have put on weight .... :(

Ya lo.u r rite also. Coz we have to supply ingredients ourselves.. so tingkat still cheaper juz tat we have to take care of bb ourselves. Anyway wif a bad experience last time, i think mostly i wont engage a CL now.

Yup, we are doing the same as well, the hub will buy the ingredients with her and pay for it. Dun need to let her handle money. My market is jus opposite my place so would be quite easy.
I m prepared for bf so bb will sleep with me at night. My last confinement was quite stress because of my mum's constant nagging.

Actually with the food settled, i am quite contented with the peace at home. Just abit worried about the bf part, hopefully I can latch successfully, that will save hassles of pumping and washing. I remember both mum and in laws banging on the door when i was trying to latch my gal.

The warming part is 1 of my concern too, my mum say might have "stomach wind" if we eat cold food but if we finish the full portion each time, how to lose weight :(

I think u need to communicate with the CL whether the fee covers their transport fee, taxi fare, their food expenses. Any extra charges.
And your requirements like cooking for the family, take night of baby at night and house hold chore like sweep/mop floor, wash clothes, their hygiene level and your preference food.
Of course if she is good, the $ will be well spent and all issues will be solved. :)
thanks will chk w her on the finer details...i heard latching is tough so we'll take some time to try it out. Dun wan to stress myself about it.
And marketing as well. Sounds straight forward.
Ur hb is really good and if he can also cook well, he can really take over the role :)
He us motivated by how much the CL earns... As a guy and the only child he doesn't understand how taking care of baby and pregnant mother is like so, I ask him to lean from the CL. If he can be competent, I benefit n his pocket benefit. If he can't, then we just have to pay for my benefit.
her 3.9k is for 6wks. if u calculated, i think is ard same for 4 wks
Yup..there about. It's jus that I wan to do at least 40 days for confinement since it my first baby. Pay a bit, have more time to learn. Minimal stress is most important.
Have heard of a few frens who went into some depression after pregnancy. as a perfectionists, I can easily see myself fall into this category... So need to take it slow.

It's another bright morning day, hope everyone's ms is more manageable today.

Think food is best served hot to us. Not so good to reheat it actually, I read before that actually carbo after reheat, is not so good for us. Just for reference. :)

Hope you are feeling better now, maybe some cannot take spicy so well during pregnancy. Some people prefer lighter taste.

Yup, we are doing the same as well, the hub will buy the ingredients with her and pay for it. Dun need to let her handle money. My market is jus opposite my place so would be quite easy.

thanks will chk w her on the finer details...i heard latching is tough so we'll take some time to try it out. Dun wan to stress myself about it.

He us motivated by how much the CL earns... As a guy and the only child he doesn't understand how taking care of baby and pregnant mother is like so, I ask him to lean from the CL. If he can be competent, I benefit n his pocket benefit. If he can't, then we just have to pay for my benefit.

Yup..there about. It's jus that I wan to do at least 40 days for confinement since it my first baby. Pay a bit, have more time to learn. Minimal stress is most important.
Have heard of a few frens who went into some depression after pregnancy. as a perfectionists, I can easily see myself fall into this category... So need to take it slow.

It's another bright morning day, hope everyone's ms is more manageable today.

I think it is good to do 40 days confinement. I also keep telling my husband that I want to make sure I have enough rest during confinement then will have energy to take care of baby in the long run. Agree with you that we should try to relax, minimal stress, healthy mummy then can have healthy babies in the long run.

Just that like what ConyBear mentioned, too many things to plan till no time to really think about confinement lady. My everyday is more about how to swallow food and not feel nausea. haha. But I do feel my MS improving abit.

I told my bosses and my covering colleague at around week 7. Cos was worried that I might go on sudden Mc etc. my bosses guessed it as much cos they were females and noticed that I have put on weight .... :(

My husband also said, can tell my boss... hmmm..

I have been having 'evening sickness' and will feel super tired by ard 4pm. So I decided to let me boss know. Fortunately he is very understanding and lets me go home everyday at 4pm. Also told my team cos its only fair they know why I'm leaving work early everyday. I'm at 11 weeks.
My mum is a very experienced nanny and will be helping me with e confinement and take care of my babies after birth. As I'm expecting twins, will be getting a helper to help out with housework while mum take care of the babies. Hope I can find a good helper.

I have been having 'evening sickness' and will feel super tired by ard 4pm. So I decided to let me boss know. Fortunately he is very understanding and lets me go home everyday at 4pm. Also told my team cos its only fair they know why I'm leaving work early everyday. I'm at 11 weeks.
My mum is a very experienced nanny and will be helping me with e confinement and take care of my babies after birth. As I'm expecting twins, will be getting a helper to help out with housework while mum take care of the babies. Hope I can find a good helper.

Great that you have good support from your workplace and at home.
Do rest more so that your twins can grow well. :)

I took the white tomyam with no coconut milk, very appetising yet not so heavy to the stomach.

I'm also in week 9 now & I have zero symptoms too. Like I always lament in this thread, I don't even experience tender breasts. We might just be the lucky few mummies here. Many throw up whatever they eat, I really empathize with their condition. My tummy is also flat in the morning, the weird thing is I'm losing some weight where my appetite is normal.

U r really lucky, the ms for my previous pregnancy was never this bad and I thought this time I will be really lucky till it fully strike on week 8 and I still thought I got food poisoning from the China trip.

Ya lo.u r rite also. Coz we have to supply ingredients ourselves.. so tingkat still cheaper juz tat we have to take care of bb ourselves. Anyway wif a bad experience last time, i think mostly i wont engage a CL now.

I calculate the cost of the ingredients, it should be around the same. A piece of drumstick at the wet market already cost $3-5 same as a little lean meat, a tiny pc of fish $10+, we still have to buy the herbs and have to add in daily trips to the market, water/ electricity bill for cooking and washing. Save the hassle better.

After much "research", i decided to settle on Natal Essential based on their food varieties, better ingredients used like threadfin and rave reviews on their soup :).

There are cheaper caterings but seem like they r using mostly meat and cheaper fish.

I shall request for less oil, salt, more wine and fish for the meal and since I heard they r very flexi, shall I browse through the menu and replace those food I dislike.

I think it is good to do 40 days confinement. I also keep telling my husband that I want to make sure I have enough rest during confinement then will have energy to take care of baby in the long run. Agree with you that we should try to relax, minimal stress, healthy mummy then can have healthy babies in the long run.

Just that like what ConyBear mentioned, too many things to plan till no time to really think about confinement lady. My everyday is more about how to swallow food and not feel nausea. haha. But I do feel my MS improving abit.

I can't wait for the confinement to end and go out :confused:
My gal was born on Dec and I remembered how happy that I can go out in the car ride to Orchard to see the lights :D
I think it's better to plan now cause the good ones got snapped very fast. My friend booked hers as early as she got a positive line.;)

Last edited:
My office doing some roof maintenance and the whole place stinks. Think the chemicals got into the aircon system somehow. Lucky i got window to open but still so irritating.

I took the white tomyam with no coconut milk, very appetising yet not so heavy to the stomach.

U r really lucky, the ms for my previous pregnancy was never this bad and I thought this time I will be really lucky till it fully strike on week 8 and I still thought I got food poisoning from the China trip.

I calculate the cost of the ingredients, it should be around the same. A piece of drumstick at the wet market already cost $3-5 same as a little lean meat, a tiny pc of fish $10+, we still have to buy the herbs and have to add in daily trips to the market, water/ electricity bill for cooking and washing. Save the hassle better.

After much "research", i decided to settle on Natal Essential based on their food varieties, better ingredients used like threadfin and rave reviews on their soup :).

There are cheaper caterings but seem like they r using mostly meat and cheaper fish.

I shall request for less oil, salt, more wine and fish for the meal and since I heard they r very flexi, shall I browse through the menu and replace those food I dislike.

I can't wait for the confinement to end and go out :confused:
My gal was born on Dec and I remembered how happy that I can go out in the car ride to Orchard to see the lights :D
I think it's better to plan now cause the good ones got snapped very fast. My friend booked hers as early as she got a positive line.;)

My frds said Natal Essential is pretty good though standard has dropped a little compared to last time but its still better than most catering.

My office doing some roof maintenance and the whole place stinks. Think the chemicals got into the aircon system somehow. Lucky i got window to open but still so irritating.

Perhaps u can get a usb fan to use for work. Nowadays i bring a mini fan out with me in case start to feel abit stuffy or am at someplace whereby the food smell is strong

Very glad to know your mum be helping u!! Perhaps have your helper arrive earlier before u popped so that your mum has time to train her or if she isn't very stable etc, still have time to change a new one.
Since u r expecting twins, rem to have less walking or carry heavy stuff. Take things slowly...

hi all, it has been awhile since i last post in this thread..
Feeling so tired every day btw work and home. Feeling so restless every day too.

Please do add me in the fb group too. (Email: [email protected])

Also considering to take Harmony test after husband read up some review that Oscar scan is not that accurate.

Back