(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Del monte is worse than Rojak >. < will change to the shorter ones for smoothie thou taste maybe not as good... i also like rojak and i sort of feel that basically prawn paste and certain shell seafood is "poisonous" so im trying to avoid but duno when i will just let go n eat!
Rojak occasionally can Lah, moderation.but try to avoid the cucumber,turnip n pineapple.ha basically left you tiao and taupok

Hello,

Just tested positive last sun using clearblue, 2nd pregnancy but 3rd child as i hv a pair of 3yo twins.
This round my ms started very early and hopefully it passes soon!
As my 1st preg i had ms from 8wks till i pop at 37wks 5days..bleaaahhhh
At least in this thread have a few mummies gg thru the same as me.hahah

I think u wouldn't envy us with ms if u have ms yourself. It's vice versa, I also envy those without ms. My colleagues who got pregnant all don't have ms like me. How many weeks r u in now and your edd by your gynae is based on singleton or twins?

My edd is 14th Aug based on singleton. Yours? Read that singleton full term is 40weeks whereas twins full term is only 37weeks.. can tahan til 36weeks I very happy le haha btw just to share my gynae said in order to keep the babies inside longer, I shouldnt walk too much nor eat too much. :p

I have this ba zhen herbal soup packet fr ntuc. now cannot eat hor... or is it okay? can help me ask yr tcm if u r seeing one.

Rojak occasionally can Lah, moderation.but try to avoid the cucumber,turnip n pineapple.ha basically left you tiao and taupok

For me, im left with youtiao becos i dislike taupok/tauki etc. If i were to order either i share or will b a bowl full of youtiao haha!

Hi all... I am currently week 8 and 2 days.. This is my first pregnancy, previously was chemical... Just a question.. How you all cope with the morning sickness? Ever had a time where you all are hungry but still no appetite?

Hi all,

I have been silently reading this thread since I got know that I'm pregnant on 1st Dec. I'm currently preggie with #2 and #3 with the help of SO-IUI, my eldest daughter is turning 8 yo in 3 months time. I know it's a huge age gap but what to do since I have ttc for 5.5 years with 3 failed SO-IUI & 2 failed IVFs.

For my #1, pregnancy was not an easy one with ms starting from 7 weeks until I gave birth to her. This time round, my morning sickness kicked in at 5 weeks plus and it has been super miserable. I'm just past 8 weeks and I have not reported to work since the 6th week scan and I have lost 4 kg. I'm running out of ideas for meal time and snacks that I can stomach.

I seek comfort in this forum to look forward to the first trimester, etc etc.

tc... MS is horrible. most of us are having it too... but heard that if we have MS means baby is healthy. look at it positively.. haha... i oso trying to pyscho myself :p

I have this ba zhen herbal soup packet fr ntuc. now cannot eat hor... or is it okay? can help me ask yr tcm if u r seeing one.
from what i know ba zhen soup is usually consumed after period. I suggests that you don't drink it. Tcm says we cannot take dang gui unless it is part of medicine prescribed by them. I think ba zhen soup has dang gui in it.

Happy new year,mummies!!
I have been a silent reader since tested positive mid Dec. Expecting #2 & #1 is a dragon boy,turning 30months.
Looking forward yet can't help worrying of my sat Gynae appt.gynae says should b able see heartbeat then.
Had a mc aug failed to detect heartbeat. Hope & pray all's well for sat!

Would loved to learn from all d mummies here :)

sometimes still too early. my gynae refuse to see me till 7 weeks. i waited 3 weeks to see him... at 7 weeks plus i saw baby and hear heartbeat.. next visit 23rd jan. another long wait

from what i know ba zhen soup is usually consumed after period. I suggests that you don't drink it. Tcm says we cannot take dang gui unless it is part of medicine prescribed by them. I think ba zhen soup has dang gui in it.

My mum say we can't eat ba zhen too during pregnancy. I brought 螽草, looking forward to eat it with pao sheng :)

Now I am at the private suite, first time here warm and cozy with complimentary refreshments, waiting to see Dr Han for more than 1 hour :( , still a long way to go. I should go and fill my stomach first.

There is a baby plus bag with a 20% discount from Avent. I wonder is it too early to get? I want to get their milk bottles, steriliser, warmer and pump. Heehee ...

Attachments

• img1420253561997.jpg
    img1420253561997.jpg
    617.7 KB · Views: 224
Hi all,

I have been silently reading this thread since I got know that I'm pregnant on 1st Dec. I'm currently preggie with #2 and #3 with the help of SO-IUI, my eldest daughter is turning 8 yo in 3 months time. I know it's a huge age gap but what to do since I have ttc for 5.5 years with 3 failed SO-IUI & 2 failed IVFs.

For my #1, pregnancy was not an easy one with ms starting from 7 weeks until I gave birth to her. This time round, my morning sickness kicked in at 5 weeks plus and it has been super miserable. I'm just past 8 weeks and I have not reported to work since the 6th week scan and I have lost 4 kg. I'm running out of ideas for meal time and snacks that I can stomach.

I seek comfort in this forum to look forward to the first trimester, etc etc.

Jiayou cadencemum!

Having ms means babies r healthy!
With twins u have dbl the hormones, it gets slightly better in 2nd tri.
When i was preggie with my twins my ms was 8wks onwards till i popped,usually i will bring plastic baggies out as will hv no idea what will trigger.
But usually after puking i will hv appetite to continue eating other stuff.hehe
Juz make sure 2nd tri onwards start taking anmum milk as it will help bbs gain weight n take things slower especially walking n more bed rest or prop feet up

My edd is 14th Aug based on singleton. Yours? Read that singleton full term is 40weeks whereas twins full term is only 37weeks.. can tahan til 36weeks I very happy le haha btw just to share my gynae said in order to keep the babies inside longer, I shouldnt walk too much nor eat too much. :p

Hi cj_junior, if I calculated based on lmp, my edd is also on 14 Aug! When did u have the iui procedure done? Mine was on 17 nov.

i got mine from my gynae. not helping much thou. still hugging toilet bowl and sink every night. will ask him for something else

Ya, I rmb during my last visit, my gynae told me "you know nothing can help ms one lah". Very disheartening.

Jiayou cadencemum!

Having ms means babies r healthy!
With twins u have dbl the hormones, it gets slightly better in 2nd tri.
When i was preggie with my twins my ms was 8wks onwards till i popped,usually i will bring plastic baggies out as will hv no idea what will trigger.
But usually after puking i will hv appetite to continue eating other stuff.hehe
Juz make sure 2nd tri onwards start taking anmum milk as it will help bbs gain weight n take things slower especially walking n more bed rest or prop feet up

I also made sure I have plastic bags in my bag, in my car, etc during my first pregnancy.

My mum say we can't eat ba zhen too during pregnancy. I brought 螽草, looking forward to eat it with pao sheng :)

Now I am at the private suite, first time here warm and cozy with complimentary refreshments, waiting to see Dr Han for more than 1 hour :( , still a long way to go. I should go and fill my stomach first.

There is a baby plus bag with a 20% discount from Avent. I wonder is it too early to get? I want to get their milk bottles, steriliser, warmer and pump. Heehee ...

Hi Sane, for milk bottles, it differs from baby to baby. I rmb my gal did not take to avent teats, only like pigeon teats. Avent manual pump is good though.

Yeah,finished my Gynae appt ::))))) finally can set my heart at ease.
Given my bad MS of 10+ times with bad gastric twitch,Gynae has prescribed Maxalon and Ranitidine.saying not advisable to go on with such bad ms as might affect general well being of both mummy n fetus.

@slchua, I seen Dr Han already, officially 12 weeks and 1 day now. Into 2nd trimester keke and EDD pushed back to 17 Jul.
He is really very friendly and converse to me in mandarin like a long lost friend.
He thought I request for a female doctor, I told him I heard from friends and forums that he is a very good doctor and he laugh but when I told him about my previous mc, he became very serious.

He did a thorough check on me and see whether the cervix is closed and whether there's lumps in the breast.

He is detailed in the scan as well and he could see that there's some bleeding in the womb, it might pass out as discharge or the body will absorb it. He asked me to go to him If there's fresh bleeding.

We chatted about the supplements and the various type of tests too. I opt for Oscar test.
Overall is a very nice experience with him. :)

Hi Sane, for milk bottles, it differs from baby to baby. I rmb my gal did not take to avent teats, only like pigeon teats. Avent manual pump is good though.

Haha true, my gal can't take NUK teats well so I let her stick to Avent bottles now it comes in blue and pink.. nice colours :)

@slchua, I seen Dr Han already, officially 12 weeks and 1 day now. Into 2nd trimester keke and EDD pushed back to 17 Jul.
He is really very friendly and converse to me in mandarin like a long lost friend.
He thought I request for a female doctor, I told him I heard from friends and forums that he is a very good doctor and he laugh but when I told him about my previous mc, he became very serious.

He did a thorough check on me and see whether the cervix is closed and whether there's lumps in the breast.

He is detailed in the scan as well and he could see that there's some bleeding in the womb, it might pass out as discharge or the body will absorb it. He asked me to go to him If there's fresh bleeding.

We chatted about the supplements and the various type of tests too. I opt for Oscar test.

Haha true, my gal can't take NUK teats well so I let her stick to Avent bottles now it comes in blue and pink.. nice colours :)

Congratulations! I also looking forward to 2nd trimester to come asap.

Congrats on your second tri!!! Maybe one day we will meet at kkh! My next appt is 14 jan. So looking forward to it.

Sane , congrats to entering trim 2.
Yah, for us with mc history, having a detailed gynae is important. Did he mention the cause of the bleeding??

My Gynae is not 1 that will wan share bb weight on every visit as he ask why we wana stress over the numbers? (When I hv my #1)
Today's my 3rd visit with him. When I first saw him at 4wks+, he ordered blood test, followed by scan following day.does have Thot to change him coz he dun wana share details of bb weight & I feel somehow not much involved with the preg without this info. Eventually decided to stick to him for this preg. I have other medical history & he makes me feels assured & in good hands

@worry, thanks :) how many weeks are u at now?

Sane , congrats to entering trim 2.
Yah, for us with mc history, having a detailed gynae is important. Did he mention the cause of the bleeding??

My Gynae is not 1 that will wan share bb weight on every visit as he ask why we wana stress over the numbers? (When I hv my #1)
Today's my 3rd visit with him. When I first saw him at 4wks+, he ordered blood test, followed by scan following day.does have Thot to change him coz he dun wana share details of bb weight & I feel somehow not much involved with the preg without this info. Eventually decided to stick to him for this preg. I have other medical history & he makes me feels assured & in good hands

I also forgot to ask him the cause too but 2 weeks ago, I had a bad scare on bleeding so he is quite concerned whether is it due to incompetent cervix that might cause early labour.
How come the scan is not done on the same day?
Actually weight is not quite accurate in scan, my previous gynae used to tell me that my gal was underweight and she expected her to be a small baby but she came out as a 3.6 baby and I have a really hard time delivering her. :(

I also forgot to ask him the cause too but 2 weeks ago, I had a bad scare on bleeding so he is quite concerned whether is it due to incompetent cervix that might cause early labour.
Actually weight is not quite accurate in scan, my previous gynae used to tell me that my gal was underweight and she expected her to be a small baby but she came out as a 3.6 baby and I have a really hard time delivering her. :(
Hi sane

Congrats!!
Agree that weight is not accurate in scan. Based on my sis' experience and mine, Dr Han also underestimated our babies' weight. Hers around 200g each time and mine was 400g. So

One of the nurses said subsequent babies will be bigger. I hope will stay the same... my boy was 3.5kg n i very petite so cannot imagine if bigger....

When can we start to eat 螽草 and birdnest?

Dr Han also need to queue so long? But his clinic looking great, still hav refreshment!

Underweight & 3.6kg!! Wow that's a big difference. Or probably towards the last few weeks, ure girl caught up in weight?

Oh, I was there late like 3+ for the blood test. Prof Biswas wanted to wait for d result before deciding do scan or a retest of hcg 2 days later.

Hi sane

Congrats!!
Agree that weight is not accurate in scan. Based on my sis' experience and mine, Dr Han also underestimated our babies' weight. Hers around 200g each time and mine was 400g. So
Haha...mine is..I totally Duno my kiddo weight till the last few weeks when I requested to know

Before pregnant, i alrdy double boil birdnest to drink once a week. Now at 9 weeks, i still do the same.
Based on what I recall from 2 years ago from my tcm it will be from 2nd tri onwards. For birdnest drink once a month in 2nd tri and twice in 3rd tri. Can stop at 34 weeks. For cordyceps he mixed with other herbs to boil with meat as herbal soup to drink. I will go for a refresher end of jan so if anyone has any questions to ask tcm let me know.

i experience very frequent cramps. sometimes its really very pain. not sure if this is norm. i have to wait very long for my appt to check with the gynae

Today is a very depressing day for me. Visited gynae and scan showed that baby didn't quite grow from my last visit, and despite of my ms. Couldn't detect heartbeat as well :( I broke down at the clinic.

Gynae advised one more scan next week to confirm if I really mc. Things are not looking good unfortunately.

I am really very sad as I want this baby very very much. It would take a miracle for things to turn around next week. I'm prepared for the worst.

Take care mummies. I doubt I can join you ladies in this thread anymore even though I very much want to.

It's true about the banana, del monte are too cooling for kids and for us now. Best to avoid. My TCM told me to avoid eating a veg too. Shanghai green is the name. Most of the food just eat in moderation should be fine? Rojak I heard the sauce is not suitable for us but I still take during my 1st pregnancy.
Why is the sauce not suitable?
Jialat. I took rojak minus the pineapple though.

I'm in my 6th week but I have zero symptoms at all. Not even tender breasts. Except that I felt sleepy most of the time, otherwise I'm perfectly normal. After my hospitalisation due to high fever & kidney infection, I don't feel anything different with my body condition. Sometimes I'm wondering if I'm really preggy. Praying hard for the next gynae visit to be well & smooth. Hoping for the little flickering heart beat to appear next week
I also dun have sympton when i juz tested positive. Doctor said maybe coz too early stage.. but during my 1st check, everything turn out fine. Now i will start to feel like vomitting when i m hungry or when i m too full. But very much better compared to my 1st preg.

Today is a very depressing day for me. Visited gynae and scan showed that baby didn't quite grow from my last visit, and despite of my ms. Couldn't detect heartbeat as well :( I broke down at the clinic.

Gynae advised one more scan next week to confirm if I really mc. Things are not looking good unfortunately.

I am really very sad as I want this baby very very much. It would take a miracle for things to turn around next week. I'm prepared for the worst.

Take care mummies. I doubt I can join you ladies in this thread anymore even though I very much want to.

hope for the best!

Hugs to you. :(
Really hoping for the best for you and that miracle will happen.

*Hugs*, how many weeks are u at now? The gynae couldn't detect the heartbeat at week 6 too and somemore I have dark brown discharge followed by cramps, backache, headache and fighting severe ms.
It really made my mood very very down and depressed.
Have a good rest and don't think too much. My thoughts are with u.

Hugs, don't think so much.have a good rest. Miracles do happen

Heartbeat can only be detected clearly at 7-8 weeks. Give ur baby time to grow, don't give up yet because miracle will just happen. Jia you!

When can we start to eat 螽草 and birdnest?

Dr Han also need to queue so long? But his clinic looking great, still hav refreshment!

I went HockHua juz now. The lady who attended to me the last time taught me to cook 螽草 with lean meat and wolf berries, add in the pao sheng at later stage. We can also take bird nest too.

I like the private suite, warm and cosy. Hopefully I don't need to wait for too long the next round.

Underweight & 3.6kg!! Wow that's a big difference. Or probably towards the last few weeks, ure girl caught up in weight?

Oh, I was there late like 3+ for the blood test. Prof Biswas wanted to wait for d result before deciding do scan or a retest of hcg 2 days later.

I ate many durian cause my mum is afraid that bb will be underweight so she brought durian for me everyday.

Haha...mine is..I totally Duno my kiddo weight till the last few weeks when I requested to know

I only know it during my detailed scan but gynae don't quite focus on baby weight but my weight. I pile on an average of 4kgs every month :(

i experience very frequent cramps. sometimes its really very pain. not sure if this is norm. i have to wait very long for my appt to check with the gynae

Today my gynae told me is quite normal with cramps and backache. For mine, it could be pain for the whole day.
He say is common as long as no bleeding or clots.
Try to lay down until u feel better

Last edited:

Mine is 2pm... By then u shd have left.. Hehe..

How many weeks r u at?
Originally mine was 230pm but I had to shift it earlier bcoz hubby has a meeting. Am now at 6wks, went to see him last wk due to kidney infection. He came to my ward to visit me everyday including Xmas day. He cancelled all the drugs that my urologist prescribed & switched to cream for application. I was astonished as he overwrites all the oral medication which were supposedly safe for pregnancy. He feels that oral medication shld be avoided if possible. My experience with him is that he is very cautious & charges reasonably. My previous gynae was a very experienced one but charges double of John Yam!

Back