(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

@Li33ie dun worry its normal. I feel very emotional too. If you are not comfortable with your gynae . Do look for another one. We need to feel relax and comfy

My friends and I have bad experience with Dr Adrian too

I am seeing Dr Benjamin. Super gentle, patience and nice guy. My hb prefer him too

Thanks Mummyof3jays!
Just hope this emo feeling doesn't last long cos can't help feeling vulnerable at times.

Actually I am thinking abt changing gynae also.. too bad my hb is very supportive of dr adrian as my delivery went well.

My water broke 2 weeks before edd and was admitted to Mt A for monitoring. We requested to be induced against Dr Adrian's wishes as he said i actually can wait it out as stats are normal. End up labour 14 hrs still didnt dilate. Epidural only worked on my right side so i had to undergo GA. was up the next day walking. Stiches healed well so no complaints there.

However i know dr adrian is anti VBAC. So im considering dr tham or dr tseng to seek 2nd opinion. My hb is against my having vbac also.

If #1 csert, #2 may hav to be csert too. There is a minimum level of risk or sth, u can check with Dr Adrain.

Y ur hubby against vbac?

hihi, me very new in this forum, just find out tt i am pregnant 2 weeks ago~~

I am so upset with my gp as i was very sick for 2 weeks from beginning of dec. to be safe, we consulted our gp before gyne to comfirm tt medicine i took r safe for baby. he didn't talk much abt the medicine, just simply want to find out who is my prefer gyne so he will write a referral letter for me. i thot we can just step into the clinic or make a appt with gyne

Thanks slchua and ConyBear for the advices.

ConyBear, totally understand how you feel. Today whole day, i was trying not to gag at work and even though my stomach feel hungry, I dont have appetite for much things. Can only try to take small bites.

I just called another Dr, wanna change to another one for my 2nd visit. The nurse also mentioned they only prescribed folic acid n it will b enough. But since im on multivit, i will just finish it. different dr, different handling but they sure know their stuff ;)

I just called another Dr, wanna change to another one for my 2nd visit. The nurse also mentioned they only prescribed folic acid n it will b enough. But since im on multivit, i will just finish it. different dr, different handling but they sure know their stuff ;)

Thanks for your assurance. :)
Which gynae did you call? I am wondering if I should pay another gynae a visit and compare. Since this is my no1, i have no comparison and scare I just gong gong.

Thanks for your assurance. :)
Which gynae did you call? I am wondering if I should pay another gynae a visit and compare. Since this is my no1, i have no comparison and scare I just gong gong.

Just sharing of what I have been told too.
Can heed @witch advice, if u hav any particular hosp in mind ald can narrow down ur search.

Initially dun1 to compare n just go to Dr Adrain becos my sis/frens all went to him. First visit went to Dr Adrain and done in 5mins after queuing for ard 1hr. Im quite keen to visit Dr CK Tho (enthu natural birth) and v near to my house. Reviews r he is patient etc but I will have to see n feel that for myself... u hav any in ur list now?

I switched to wireless and bigger ones the moment i found out. Uniqlo has nice wireless ones. Cheaper than those sold at maternity shops.

I so use to online buying... I'm trying out from qoo10.. 2 bra for abt $11+.. my bra are suffocating me...
hv to make do with bra extensions 1st... If I dun forget to put..

I switched to wireless and bigger ones the moment i found out. Uniqlo has nice wireless ones. Cheaper than those sold at maternity shops.

I like their seamless undies too, soft and comfy. Overall their products r good.
Feeling excited, I am seeing Dr Han on sat, first time seeing a fixed gynae at the coming 12 weeks. However the consultant fee is higher on Sat.

Just sharing of what I have been told too.
Can heed @witch advice, if u hav any particular hosp in mind ald can narrow down ur search.

Initially dun1 to compare n just go to Dr Adrain becos my sis/frens all went to him. First visit went to Dr Adrain and done in 5mins after queuing for ard 1hr. Im quite keen to visit Dr CK Tho (enthu natural birth) and v near to my house. Reviews r he is patient etc but I will have to see n feel that for myself... u hav any in ur list now?

I don't really have any particular hospitals in mind. Actually I won't mind going KK but I heard many horror stories thus I will probably go to the private hospitals. Currently thinking about trying Dr Benjamin Tham but am afraid that I am not so comfortable with male gynae. Will think about it again. :)

Piggling, wanna try my gynae Dr Yvonne Chan from TMC? She's very patient and will take the time to answer your questions. Normally her patients don't have to wait more than 20mins to see her. Most importantly she cares for the mummies and babies a lot.

I don't really have any particular hospitals in mind. Actually I won't mind going KK but I heard many horror stories thus I will probably go to the private hospitals. Currently thinking about trying Dr Benjamin Tham but am afraid that I am not so comfortable with male gynae. Will think about it again. :)

Actually KK is the most equipped hosp for delivery and e price for private ward (not sure if my term is correct) price can be as much as TMC...

@ConyBear
my own experience: wait very long and only see him for few mins. man of little words. Dun even hows baby developing inside. He nly scan and show u scan and tell me when next check. never take my blood pressure whenever i see him. my #1 was emer csec. no water fluid. straight away ask me admit at 6 plus. only came after he finish his appointment at 9 plus. Decide for me to put me on GA. I cant even choose induce or choose epi so hb can be inside with me. I woke up crying as it was painful like hell. End up i only carry my gal the next morning. felt so lousy. scar took 3 months plus to be less painful. Scar is long and ugly

Many of my friends and hb's friend all didnt choose him for their #2 and #3. They have their own bad experience.

Of coz he has his supporters too.

But its definately a no no for me and my friends.

Oh dear, that sounds bad.. I have friends with him also have bad reviews but of course there's some whom have gd reviews. Ultimately I guess it's how comfortable we are with the gynae we chose. No right or wrong answer.. My #1 I was actually seeing Dr Irene Chua @ Gleneagles., but her bills are too high, hence switched to Dr Benjamin. It's ok Mummyof3jays, better late then never! Anyways how is Dr Paul? My friend plans to see him but has heard both good and bad reviews abt him hence still pondering

hi queenbee24,
i have just booked my first appt with dr heng too. i heard that she is a accurate. my sis engaged her too. but she say she can be very rushy. dun expect her to say alot of things. must always prepare questions to ask her.
Yes heard of it too.
Btw I had booked her early Jan as well. Thank you elyn82.

hi queenbee24,
i have just booked my first appt with dr heng too. i heard that she is a accurate. my sis engaged her too. but she say she can be very rushy. dun expect her to say alot of things. must always prepare questions to ask her.
Yes heard that too.
Btw I've booked an appt with her early Jan. In that case I need to prepare a long list of questions for her. thanks elyn82

Actually KK is the most equipped hosp for delivery and e price for private ward (not sure if my term is correct) price can be as much as TMC...
The consultant fee for a AP is $146++ n i ever stayed in the 1 bedded ward for 1 week before, so far so good. Room is spacious with a nice view and nurses are caring.
This time for my delivery there, I will still opt for 1 bedded. :)

hello all mommies. it's my first and im kinda lost now.. just checked yesterday and was given folic acid, utrogestan, and was told to come back after 2 weeks. gynae was really rush and didn't explained much to me. im in my 8th weeks now!
really need advice ya.

hello all mommies. it's my first and im kinda lost now.. just checked yesterday and was given folic acid, utrogestan, and was told to come back after 2 weeks. gynae was really rush and didn't explained much to me. im in my 8th weeks now!
really need advice ya.

Hi LeenNn! I had a similar situation like you. As what other mummies mentioned, you need to be comfortable with your gynae since you need to face him/her through out your pregnancy. I've decided to go to a different gynae. Hopefully the next one is better. :)

really need advice ya.
Hi LeenNn, normally the gynae won't explain much and they give very standard textbook answer only. I learnt much more from the mummies here.
That's why if I could, I won't mind to go and see the gynae once a month.
Only when it's during the 11th week onwards, they will ask u to opt for tests like Oscar, Harmony then 20th week for the detailed scan.
Some gynaes will prescribe iron, calcium and DHA oil from the 14th week onward which I hate it. :(

Hi LeenNn, normally the gynae won't explain much and they give very standard textbook answer only. I learnt much more from the mummies here.
That's why if I could, I won't mind to go and see the gynae once a month.
Only when it's during the 11th week onwards, they will ask u to opt for tests like Oscar, Harmony then 20th week for the detailed scan.
Some gynaes will prescribe iron, calcium and DHA oil from the 14th week onward which I hate it. :(
I agree. A normal visit is usually very fast. In fact for me I like fast visits. It means everything is progressing as usual.
Sane, Dr Han doesn't believe in fish oil. I asked before. Just as well cos I cannot stand the taste. He only prescribes multi vits and calcium tablets.

Thanks for the replies. My current gynae had actually asked me to go back 2nd appointment 2 weeks later. But i really not comfortable with her. Should i inform her that i want a change in gynae?

Actually I am thinking abt changing gynae also.. too bad my hb is very supportive of dr adrian as my delivery went well.

My water broke 2 weeks before edd and was admitted to Mt A for monitoring. We requested to be induced against Dr Adrian's wishes as he said i actually can wait it out as stats are normal. End up labour 14 hrs still didnt dilate. Epidural only worked on my right side so i had to undergo GA. was up the next day walking. Stiches healed well so no complaints there.

However i know dr adrian is anti VBAC. So im considering dr tham or dr tseng to seek 2nd opinion. My hb is against my having vbac also.
yes adrian super anti vbac.. think it waste his time

my fren and i change to dr paul for our #2. she succeeded. i didnt coz baby was overdue and cant induce. but dr paul was on holiday when i deliver so i dunno about his stitching. But Dr benjamin stitching is super good. i deliver at 5 plus, 9 plus i could eat and come down to wait. he even comment that my scar for #1 was so ugly. now my scar is flat and nice. i can bend when i went home. thats why #3 i a going back to dr benjamin

i know i am in good hands

So glad to see more mommies here :)

Had a bad scare over the week, Mon suddenly heavy bleeding and drop out a fetus lookalike into the toilet bowl.. went A&E, gynae came, scan and see only 1 sac left so declare I m/c my twin. Admitted hosp and monitor the surviving twin.. slowly accepting the fact that I am left with singleton. Yest went gynae weekly checkup, scan and saw my twins again!! Both growing well :) Gynae said Mt A hosp a&e machine old, haha so prolly either I was having triplets and drop 1 OR it is simply a big blood clot. Phew! Emo roller coaster ride over the week, so tired..

My #1 is also a dragon girl heehee, all the mommies here, lets Jia You together and countdown to the end of first tri ya

Adv Happy 2015 to you all :)

Scary indeed! Rest well!

If #1 csert, #2 may hav to be csert too. There is a minimum level of risk or sth, u can check with Dr Adrain.

Y ur hubby against vbac?
He is worried about risk involved.. so have to seek 2nd or 3rd opinion. If im really not a suitable candidate for vbac no choice lor..

I agree. A normal visit is usually very fast. In fact for me I like fast visits. It means everything is progressing as usual.
Sane, Dr Han doesn't believe in fish oil. I asked before. Just as well cos I cannot stand the taste. He only prescribes multi vits and calcium tablets.
I used to be with Dr Jocelyn Wong, she will explain in detail with how bb is progressing, prescribe supplements and give options on further tests etc.
However her waiting time is long and I prefer the facilities in kk rather than tmc.
My friend know Dr Han too, she say he is a v. good doctor so I m looking forward to see him this sat too :)

@LeenNn, if you are uncomfortable with your gynae, is better for u to change..
Change to someone u feel safe and insecure with.

Dr Han has 7 kids. Certainly experienced lol.
But his waiting times quite scary.

I agree gynae must be someone u trust and feel secure with. Have to see the same face for so many months!!

Happy new year to all!

All mummies... need some advice here >. <

Have u all heard of Dr CK Tho and Dr Ben Choey? Both clinics located at West side. Althou im more keen on Dr Tho but his charges quite put me off abit. Hope to know more reviews from u all here too.

Hi! I have the same Edd too and this is also my #2. How old is your #1?
Merry xmas to all mummies and good health to us and our little ones!
Hi SLChua

My first is coming 1 year this January. Their gap is kinda close. Dunno how i gonna cope? What abt u?

Hi all,

I have been silently reading this thread since I got know that I'm pregnant on 1st Dec. I'm currently preggie with #2 and #3 with the help of SO-IUI, my eldest daughter is turning 8 yo in 3 months time. I know it's a huge age gap but what to do since I have ttc for 5.5 years with 3 failed SO-IUI & 2 failed IVFs.

For my #1, pregnancy was not an easy one with ms starting from 7 weeks until I gave birth to her. This time round, my morning sickness kicked in at 5 weeks plus and it has been super miserable. I'm just past 8 weeks and I have not reported to work since the 6th week scan and I have lost 4 kg. I'm running out of ideas for meal time and snacks that I can stomach.

I seek comfort in this forum to look forward to the first trimester, etc etc.

Hi SLChua

My first is coming 1 year this January. Their gap is kinda close. Dunno how i gonna cope? What abt u?
Hi Dreytan,

My boy is 26 months now so I probably will have an easier time. Not to frighten u, the terrible twos are true but I laid foundation early so my boy listens to me most of the time with the ocassional tantrum. I have a couple of friends whose #1 & #2 are about 2 years apart. Definitely challenging. They chose to stay at home. I have thought about it but maybe in 2 years time when my in laws move far away. Currently my mil is a blessing to help me with day care. I have started thinking about how to cope but I must admit I have not fully figured it out. My first plan is to send my son to school next year before no. 2 is out. Second plan is to get daddy to be more engaged. This seemed to work cos he will ask daddy to take over some of the duties such as bathing so this frees me up to rest and in future take care of baby. Third is to read to him about a new baby to prepare him. I am considering about the sleeping arrangements though. Have not figured it out. My boy currently sleeps on a mattress beside our bed. Don't know whether to kick him to his own room. Experienced mummies any ideas?

Hi all,

I have been silently reading this thread since I got know that I'm pregnant on 1st Dec. I'm currently preggie with #2 and #3 with the help of SO-IUI, my eldest daughter is turning 8 yo in 3 months time. I know it's a huge age gap but what to do since I have ttc for 5.5 years with 3 failed SO-IUI & 2 failed IVFs.

For my #1, pregnancy was not an easy one with ms starting from 7 weeks until I gave birth to her. This time round, my morning sickness kicked in at 5 weeks plus and it has been super miserable. I'm just past 8 weeks and I have not reported to work since the 6th week scan and I have lost 4 kg. I'm running out of ideas for meal time and snacks that I can stomach.

Hi welcome! I just want to encourage u. My friend has a 9 yr old, 6 yr old and 17 month old. Today she was telling us how she relies on her 9 year old to help her out. Sometimes when she needs help she will ask her 9 year old to help hold the small one for a while. Or when they are out and she needs to navigate while driving she will ask the 9 year old to help check google maps. So the huge age gap may be a good thing too!
What have u tried for snacks and meal times so far?

Hi all,

Hi, can understand your ms woes. :( mine striked at 5+ weeks too. I dont get interested in food anymore and feel so sad. Sometimes i need to see the food before me then can know i "want" to eat or not. Keep feeling nausea/gagging at work since I went back to work. I see people enjoying feasts to celebrate end of the year, I feel very sad.

I am grateful for this chance to have a baby and i don't mind all these as long as baby is safe n healthy. Just tat the ms (not confined to morning somemore) makes me rather depressed.

We jia you together. Hopefully end of first trimester comes soon and we can all enter safety zone.

Hi welcome! I just want to encourage u. My friend has a 9 yr old, 6 yr old and 17 month old. Today she was telling us how she relies on her 9 year old to help her out. Sometimes when she needs help she will ask her 9 year old to help hold the small one for a while. Or when they are out and she needs to navigate while driving she will ask the 9 year old to help check google maps. So the huge age gap may be a good thing too!
What have u tried for snacks and meal times so far?

My elder gal has been yearning for siblings for some time now. She is excited to know that I'm pregnant and quite ethu to help out. My younger brother and I also have an 8-year gap but we got along very well too.

As for snacks and meals, I have tried porridges, macaroni, mash potatoes, sweet potatoes, mushroom soup, soda crackers, biscuits, potato chips. I am even drinking alkaline water to keep my acid gastric juice from acting up. I still vomit from 6 to 9 times a day, sometimes with food, other times only gastric juices or bile.

Hi, can understand your ms woes. :( mine striked at 5+ weeks too. I dont get interested in food anymore and feel so sad. Sometimes i need to see the food before me then can know i "want" to eat or not. Keep feeling nausea/gagging at work since I went back to work. I see people enjoying feasts to celebrate end of the year, I feel very sad.

I am grateful for this chance to have a baby and i don't mind all these as long as baby is safe n healthy. Just tat the ms (not confined to morning somemore) makes me rather depressed.

We jia you together. Hopefully end of first trimester comes soon and we can all enter safety zone.

Hi piggling, I applaud u that u still can go to work in this condition. Luckily, my female boss is totally understanding as she has seen my bad ms for my #1. My gynae already warned me that the ms for this round will be worst cos having twins.

I rmb that for my #1, my appetite is slightly better by 16 weeks. I gave to tahan til then.

Hi piggling, I applaud u that u still can go to work in this condition. Luckily, my female boss is totally understanding as she has seen my bad ms for my #1. My gynae already warned me that the ms for this round will be worst cos having twins.

I rmb that for my #1, my appetite is slightly better by 16 weeks. I gave to tahan til then.
How about anti nausea med? It worked for me.
Sounds like u really tried out a lot of snacks.

It is good that your boss is understanding, then just try to rest as much as you can.

I was on my own leave when my ms started then has been back to work for a few days. I don't really vomit out alot of time but just feel nausea and gag alot and very restless. I try to go for work because I want to wait till end of first trimester before I inform. Hopefully, i am able to cope.

Jia you and rest more. With twins, it may fel tougher but at the end, you will have two lovely darlings. :)

Now I develop migraine. Sigh.. What a year end for me...

Hi mummies,
Tested positive a few weeks back but yet to see gynae.. this is my #2.. #1 is now 11 months..
Hope our pregnancy will be smooth sailing. I had a very bad time when i was preg with #1

All mummies... need some advice here >. <

Have u all heard of Dr CK Tho and Dr Ben Choey? Both clinics located at West side. Althou im more keen on Dr Tho but his charges quite put me off abit. Hope to know more reviews from u all here too.
hello... i've heard abt dr ck tho, my friend is seeing him currently. I tot his charges are alright and he also has a package? I've not read much reviews abt him too, so that's why i'm not choosing him...

my gynae for no.1 used to be dr kang but come #2 now, i dun feel comfy with her, so decided to change.... to dr ben tham... then we dun like tmc... so now going to kkh (try try and see.. hahaha) going to dr John Tee... hope it'll be a gd experience since havent' seen him before!!! =p

jiayou to those having ms... ugh... hate that pukish feeling!! =(

happy 2015!!!

hello... i've heard abt dr ck tho, my friend is seeing him currently. I tot his charges are alright and he also has a package? I've not read much reviews abt him too, so that's why i'm not choosing him...

my gynae for no.1 used to be dr kang but come #2 now, i dun feel comfy with her, so decided to change.... to dr ben tham... then we dun like tmc... so now going to kkh (try try and see.. hahaha) going to dr John Tee... hope it'll be a gd experience since havent' seen him before!!! =p

jiayou to those having ms... ugh... hate that pukish feeling!! =(

happy 2015!!!

Happy new year to all!

Dr Adrain package is very much cheaper than Dr Tho. But im also weighing chopchop vs patience.. its almost double e amount.

Dr Ben Choey (good looking doc) i kinda classify as celebrity doc, alot of magazines n stuff went to him but i dun c alot of review from forum and mummies.

If only Dr John Tee and Dr Ben Tham r located at the West :p

What kind of anti nausea med did u take? Is it prescribed by your gynae?
Hi, yes prescribed by gynae. I had severe vomitting for a few days so I told him and he prescribed it. I only take it if I feel really bad. My sis in law also took anti nausea med cos she had very bad ms. Perhaps you can discuss it with your gynae?
Hope this helps....

Dr Han has 7 kids. Certainly experienced lol.
But his waiting times quite scary.

I agree gynae must be someone u trust and feel secure with. Have to see the same face for so many months!!

Happy new year to all!

I hope that I do not need to wait very long on Sat.
However with smartphone now, is more bearable. Can surf net and text. :)
Your boy is still so young, very hard to let him sleep alone I feel.
I used to carry my gal to her own room when she's asleep but in the middle of the night, she will come in by herself and she's almost 6 at that time.

Hi all,

I understand that feel very well, feeling very sick for the whole day for weeks and hoping that tomorrow will be a better day. I've feel so depressed in my life like end of the world.
Somemore my ex co allowed their staff to smoke in the office, I couldn't even breath.
Now towards the 12 weeks, it only strike at night and last night, I was quite well and can even shopped at vivo.
However when I reach my friend's place, the stench of his pets made me so headache that I felt so nausea, the night sickness strike me so badly that I went home within 30 mins, went to bed immediately.

Hi sane I hope you are no longer exposed to second or third hand smoking now. It's really very bad for the mummy and baby.

Sometimes my dog's smell can also trigger nausea for me.

Back