(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

After joining the babywearing fb grp, now I have 1 stretchy wrap, 1 woven wrap, 1 ring sling and 1 ssc. Tried them and I think baby prefer wrap and ssc. Cos she fall aslp instantly like magic. Woot. No sleepy dust for ring sling yet. Hope it will get better. But to babywear in sg really can't wear for long hours if outdoors without aircon... will be soak in sweat in no time. Wonder what fabric is better for this hot weather.

My lo's nose has mucous too. Thinking of getting a humidifier cos we sleeps in aircon room. Lo slps longer in aircon room as compared to just on fan.

I clean lo's tongue with her hankie wet with cool boiled water. Din noe must clean gums too. Tongue cleaning itself already v challenging. N I clean it once a day.
you can try stretchy wraps.. :) woven wraps are better for toddlers but they are super long and need some skills to tie. those stretchy wraps from boba or manduca or hana are suitable for newborns till 12kg only..but they are shorter to tie and less cumbersome to bring out..

is it a must to wipe babys tongue and gums daily? i dont see milk stains on her tongue....so i assumed its clean...

I am also thinking to purchase one from Q010, but so many brands to consider! I think bamboo material is more cooling. i also have ergobaby, used it 2x but intend to use again only when my bb neck is stronger. its very good too, distribute the weight too..

i feel sling is good to use at home.. and ergobaby is good for long trip outside or for travelling :)
u can try buying on carousell...im using the bamboo wrap from this brand called hana and it was about 50 plus during the november baby fair and i see some sellers on carousell selling much cheaper for brand new..guess they never used it before

I didnt buy e infant insert cos also read its too hot. Bought e carrier for future use cos mothercare got disc n i hv vouchers lol. So im back to square one, arms and back breakingly carrying one cranky bb ard e house.

Ooh im in e bb wearing gp now! Nvr knew got so many diff types of wraps and carriers omg…

How old baby can start use the carrier without insert?

@sunstarmoon
Wahhh you got soooo many carriers! After joining e pg then i realised this tula carrier so popular. Too bad already bought ergobaby.

I saw a preloved $5 pupsik pouch on carousell so got it to try. Lol. Pupsik pouches dun hv fake ones hor??
I suggest before buying any slings or wraps, borrow frm frens or buy cheap preloved one first jus in case end up dun like it.

@whimsicalfix85, how do i search hana sling at carousell?
here u go..just search hana babywrap...
do get brand new ones as im afraid those that are used before maynot be that stretchy...get those brand new in a box..anyway retail price is 89 and babyfair sells for 54 so anything lower is a good deal!:) hope this helps..if u need help on wearing lemme know..will share youtube links with u

Attachments

• 1437360417363.jpg
    1437360417363.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 178
@cynn04 , yes tula market popularity is sooo scary. Making me want to get a toddler size for my girl. But i scare buy liao she dun wan sit den waste money.

Ergo is good for baby, jus use first lor...

Somemore the tot of gg back work so sian, duno if go work den got chance bring bb out anot.

Wow how do u mummies try to make baby adopt a schedule? Right now my girl wakes up around 7-8 and will have her bath around 9. Shes on a 3hourly feeding schedule. At night will wash down for her ard 7 and carry her to her dark dark bedroom ard 9 in hope she will fall asleep. She still wakes up twice thru the night for feed. How to encourage her to sleep thru the night? Thanks!!

Wow how do u mummies try to make baby adopt a schedule? Right now my girl wakes up around 7-8 and will have her bath around 9. Shes on a 3hourly feeding schedule. At night will wash down for her ard 7 and carry her to her dark dark bedroom ard 9 in hope she will fall asleep. She still wakes up twice thru the night for feed. How to encourage her to sleep thru the night? Thanks!!
I don't have a schedule... At this age my baby can differentiate day and night I very happy already.
This is what I am trying to do to encourage sleeping thru the night:
1. Feed more for the last feed.
2. If baby wakes up at night, check if baby needs food or diaper change. If not, try not to carry baby, just pat or talk to baby...

Haha but easier said than done. Currently she can go about 5h sleep time at night.. Working towards longer sleep time.

I don't have a schedule... At this age my baby can differentiate day and night I very happy already.
This is what I am trying to do to encourage sleeping thru the night:
1. Feed more for the last feed.
2. If baby wakes up at night, check if baby needs food or diaper change. If not, try not to carry baby, just pat or talk to baby...

Haha but easier said than done. Currently she can go about 5h sleep time at night.. Working towards longer sleep time.

Normally my baby last feed is around 7 plus and sleep about 8pm. Then around 10.30pm we will dreamfeed him hoping he can sleep longer.. Typically he will wake up twice for milk, between 2-4am then one more time 5-6am.. Recently I realise he woke up at night not really for feeding but to play as he does not drink much and still able to last around 3hr before wake up again.. So I'm trying to decrease gradually on the amount of milk fed, hopefully slowly he can sleep thru 6am. Still experiencing, not sure if can success anot..

Mummies, when bb got flu n pghlem, how ah??
My lo get choked badly, i tot he gonna turn purple lor, den he puke out milk n merlion quite sticky, n nose also squirt out. Thou happened b4, tis time like worse.
The nasal thing to suck out flu is it workable?
My #1 cough till go kkh scare kena bronchitis, duno if cos she passed to lo... Stressful week ahead. :(

Mummies, when bb got flu n pghlem, how ah??
My lo get choked badly, i tot he gonna turn purple lor, den he puke out milk n merlion quite sticky, n nose also squirt out. Thou happened b4, tis time like worse.
The nasal thing to suck out flu is it workable?
My #1 cough till go kkh scare kena bronchitis, duno if cos she passed to lo... Stressful week ahead. :(
The nasal thingy is only for mucus not phlegm... But if ur kid has mucus can try... I find it qt useful.

My baby more or less has routine already. He will wake up around 6-7 am, then I feed him before going to work. Then bath time around 8-9 am. Day time more flexible either sleep playtime and drink milk. Then at night 6-7 pm bath time plus massage then last feed then sleep at 8 pm. He will sleep from 8 pm then feed dreaming on 2-3 am, then continue to sleep till morning 6-7 am.

My mum taking care my bb during the day, she said my bb hardly to sleep during the day. If he sleep, he could only sleep for less than an hour then wake up again crying. So I guess my bb very tired during the day. But lucky he sleep well during the night. Phew.....

My LO still drinks 2-2.5hrly in the day from 10am to 10pm. He just dun EM to drink more. But after 10pm, he drinks 3hrly but not full feed. Guess he too tired to finish all or he full from day feed. Not sure if this schedule can be improve soon. Pacifier can help him sleep by himself sometimes.. I rmb my #1 din sleep thru the nite till 1yr plus.

@evelyntan83 where did u get sterimar n nosefrida? Is it prescription items?

I find my lo's ear v dirty too. The outer ear top part got dirt. Use wet cotton wool oso can't remove.
My lo has no fix schedule.. but she will feed v long before she goes to slp at night. Around 11pm to 1am. Then wake around 4-5 am to feed again. No taking long nap in the noon sometimes. Will just slp for 15 - 30 mins den wake up to drink again. very difficult to do other household chores or to even eat.

I find my lo's ear v dirty too. The outer ear top part got dirt. Use wet cotton wool oso can't remove.
My lo has no fix schedule.. but she will feed v long before she goes to slp at night. Around 11pm to 1am. Then wake around 4-5 am to feed again. No taking long nap in the noon sometimes. Will just slp for 15 - 30 mins den wake up to drink again. very difficult to do other household chores or to even eat.

I bought the NoseFrida from Pupsik but I saw it at mothercare too. For sterimar can be found at Guidance.. So I just spray sterimar into my boy nose then use NoseFrida to suck out the dirt inside.. Every easy to use and can be done alone..

@sunstarmoon, you can try using small cotton bud with baby oil and clean up ur bb's ear. So the dirt can remove easily.

$25 with mail. Additional battery with holder additional $15
Why ah? This fan good ah?

I don't have a routine too. But always make sure her milk time,half hour later then bathe her. Then she sleeps,wake up feed and play time depends whether she cranky or not. If cranky I make her sleep again.

Anyone using a hip seat carrier? Can recommend? So many types on qoo10. I blur.

Actually hipseats are not ergonomic options for babies... The recommended way to wear your baby is for their knees to be higher than their bums ("M" shaped). To relieve the pressure on their joints, the carrier should also cover the baby from knee to knee...to prevent hip dysplasia.

However, if you are using for a 1yo, then it's totally fine ya. :)

Actually hipseats are not ergonomic options for babies... The recommended way to wear your baby is for their knees to be higher than their bums ("M" shaped). To relieve the pressure on their joints, the carrier should also cover the baby from knee to knee...to prevent hip dysplasia.

However, if you are using for a 1yo, then it's totally fine ya. :)

My boi was treated for hip dysplasia when he was 2wks old, den went for follow up n ultrascan. Lucky bb will outgrow it.. Lol minidonut, u mus b v active at the bw group!! Hehe.
Ya i agree not to get hipseat, cos bb tend to face front.. N like minidonut mentions bb back wont b curved so is nt advisable.

@szechtay maybe can consider infant kinderpack, manduca, ergo, kokadi flip, or some tat dun require infant inserts lor.. I think its a gd investment for bb & mama too. :)

My boi was treated for hip dysplasia when he was 2wks old, den went for follow up n ultrascan. Lucky bb will outgrow it.. Lol minidonut, u mus b v active at the bw group!! Hehe.
Ya i agree not to get hipseat, cos bb tend to face front.. N like minidonut mentions bb back wont b curved so is nt advisable.

@szechtay maybe can consider infant kinderpack, manduca, ergo, kokadi flip, or some tat dun require infant inserts lor.. I think its a gd investment for bb & mama too. :)
Hee! No la...one of the bw group admin happened to be my #1's classmate's mom. She has been educating me on bw since #2 is out :) I'm only into my 3rd week of bw nia. ;)

Last edited:
Ooh. Thanks for the advice girls. Didn't know about hip dysplasia. Cos some of these brands tout themselves to be suitable for infants. My 3 month old at 6.6kg is killing my back. I've been using the ring sling so far. It's good, but quite hot. And I think she's going to outgrow it soon. So I'm looking at next option. Will research the suggestions! Thanks!

I just had scary episodes last night.. My bb suddenly vomited a lot! Nv happened to her so far. After that, she is tired and fell asleep.. I am not sure what happened, and whether I should bring her to PD today?? What should I do next? Anyone can advise? I read online, we still have to keep her hydrated.. She vomited out thru her mouth only, nothing thru her nose.. Sigh, both hubby and I were so panic.. :(

I just had scary episodes last night.. My bb suddenly vomited a lot! Nv happened to her so far. After that, she is tired and fell asleep.. I am not sure what happened, and whether I should bring her to PD today?? What should I do next? Anyone can advise? I read online, we still have to keep her hydrated.. She vomited out thru her mouth only, nothing thru her nose.. Sigh, both hubby and I were so panic.. :(

Hi.. is it a forceful vomit or spitting out lots of milk? Is it after feed? My boy recently tends to spit out lots of milk after feed.. like one whole patch of milk on the floor. He seems ok n dun really bother by it.

How to know if its forceful vomit?

For my boy, sometimes after feed he will just spit out quite a lot of milk. But he got no discomfort no crying and anything. I asked pd b4 he said not to worry maybe just over feed. Is ur bb done so straight after feed?

@isenggirl , my gal oso recently been merlion (few episodes) but she dun seem bother abt it. We r the one who gan cheong.
Now we will try to stop her from drinking too fast and burp her halfway.
Sometimes may be air/ wind inside her tummy, or itchy throat that cough out the milk. She basically vomit out everything but she still can fell asleep for 4-5 hrs later. So dun seem she's hungry.
Dun worry so much and monitor bah.;)

Is it after feeding (or even 1h after feeding?).. My girl can vomit the whole feed, but it doesn't seem to bother her. In fact she sleeps better after tt!!

@gleaflim , @highness , @hi_mei , its more like forceful vomit then, some kind of merlion episode but quite a lot. I think easily 200ml was out. It happened half way thru feeding. She pushed away the teats and gave me choke sound initially (she usually does that when she doesn't want to drink anymore), and then she vomited out.. She cried quite loud for 1mins or so. So I am sure she was bothered by it. Then fell asleep.. Woke up awhile when we wiped down and changed her clothes. And we fed her again 50ml to keep her hydrated. She slept ard 12.30am until 5am this morning crying for milk. Fed her 80ml and she finished it, went back to sleep again.. Now 9.30am she not yet wake up. I saw her sleep v soundly, Dun wanna disturb her, but its already 4hrs.. Hope she is really okay. Today she is officially 2 mths old! :)

@isenggirl

I tink forceful vomit is usually more smelly cos milk already went down to tummy for awhile. My boy oso spit up alot of times, sometimes too eager to drink and gulped in alot of air. Then merlion lor.

You observe for awhile, if no more such vomitting episodes shld b ok.

My boy kept fussing last nite after his feeds, didnt want to sleep. Carry n walk ard oso cry. But after i flip him over to sleep on his tummy with head turned sideways, he slept for straight 2 hrs. Why huh? But i could not sleep, keep waking up to chk on him (put him to sleep beside me instead of his cot)

This morning neck and arms killing me from e cramped position :/

@isenggirl my lo also vomited a lot. Merlion kind. I thot I ate sth that doesn't suit her. But it only happen that 2 times. N both times she dun cry but wanted to nurse some more. So hubby conclude th as t baby is just overfeeding. She might not able to differentiate the stomach discomfort aka wind hunger. So kp drinking until vomit. Both happened after her cluster feed. Thereafter mummies advise to burp her , it gets better. No more projectile kind of vomiting.

@gleaflim , @highness , @hi_mei , its more like forceful vomit then, some kind of merlion episode but quite a lot. I think easily 200ml was out. It happened half way thru feeding. She pushed away the teats and gave me choke sound initially (she usually does that when she doesn't want to drink anymore), and then she vomited out.. She cried quite loud for 1mins or so. So I am sure she was bothered by it. Then fell asleep.. Woke up awhile when we wiped down and changed her clothes. And we fed her again 50ml to keep her hydrated. She slept ard 12.30am until 5am this morning crying for milk. Fed her 80ml and she finished it, went back to sleep again.. Now 9.30am she not yet wake up. I saw her sleep v soundly, Dun wanna disturb her, but its already 4hrs.. Hope she is really okay. Today she is officially 2 mths old! :)
This sounds like what my girl does haha...
She doesn't seem bothered by it and is in fact growing very well... I guess u can bring it up with PD to be on safe side. Do tell me what ur PD says too!

My boi also had tat couple of times, especially when theres lots of air stuck in his troat, before he merlion, he will fuss n cry ah ah ah many times, but i still feed till carry him straight up den he merlion.. Haha. After burping again sure will give a loud BURP! U monitor as long it dont occur again shld b fine.. Try burp occasionally in btw the feeds lor.

My boy kept fussing last nite after his feeds, didnt want to sleep. Carry n walk ard oso cry. But after i flip him over to sleep on his tummy with head turned sideways, he slept for straight 2 hrs. Why huh? But i could not sleep, keep waking up to chk on him (put him to sleep beside me instead of his cot)

Maybe he more secure tummy down? Pillow n beansprot beannie on chest doesnt help liao right

Yah lor, after he kungfu kick his pillow onto his face i dun dare put anymore. But sleep tummy down i oso worry! Haizz
My LO also sleep better when tummy down. But that's the last resort that we would give her. Instead of letting her sleep on the bed,I put her tummy down on me with head sideways. So that I can feel her breathing and know whenever she turn her head. But this position also will cause arm and legs to cramp cos I don't dare to move. Also don't try this if right after feed cos might vomit on u due to tummy down.

My LO also sleep better when tummy down. But that's the last resort that we would give her. Instead of letting her sleep on the bed,I put her tummy down on me with head sideways. So that I can feel her breathing and know whenever she turn her head. But this position also will cause arm and legs to cramp cos I don't dare to move. Also don't try this if right after feed cos might vomit on u due to tummy down.

I aso silly, after feed nv burp bb den put him in carrier he puke 2x .. Faintz..
I dun dare put tummy to zzz leh. But must really monitor cos duno when they wake up..

Any idea if rotavirus itself will cause fever?

Babies sleep well on tummy cod they feel secure. But I only do it when I m staring at him cos of the advice I got from another mummy the other time. Manage to train my boy to take pacifier instead. Dunno good or bad.

Babies sleep well on tummy cod they feel secure. But I only do it when I m staring at him cos of the advice I got from another mummy the other time. Manage to train my boy to take pacifier instead. Dunno good or bad.

My girl use pacifier too but only when she want to sleep. Once she's in deep sleep will take it out. At 1st i don't really support to give baby pacifier but my husband said that pacifier can make baby feel calm and relax so let it be.

My girl use pacifier too but only when she want to sleep. Once she's in deep sleep will take it out. At 1st i don't really support to give baby pacifier but my husband said that pacifier can make baby feel calm and relax so let it be.
It helped me a lot. At least we dun hv to always carry him. I dun support it initially too. But i rmb for my #1, the cc teacher say pacifier easier to quit than thumb.

I also give my bb pacifier once. But try few times he seems dunno how to use it. Always fall down then I need to take it up again leh. So I lazy just be it if he want to suck his fist or thumb le.

Yah i thot 8 wks is too early to sleep tummy down dats why spent half the nite checking on him.

Hopefully tonight he'll sleep better… and longer pls!!

Back