(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

As previously mentioned by starrymommy, good to count the number of kicks u feel each day... Den u can monitor if bb is as active as usual.
For me theres a standard timing tat bb kicks, so if past the time no movement, i will walk or try various position for bb to kick. For my #1 i even went to hospital as hald day no movement, den nurses took a longggg time to strap on to monitor, end up she was sleeping as heartbeat was normal.. (Now at 4yrs old she slps 13hours straight!!!!)

yeah...for me there is slowly a routine only this week that i can recognise when baby will wakes up and starts dancing inside.
do not worry too much cos maybe the routine not established yet...so u can't recognise.
Or maybe is because you have been walking or out and about so baby kick but u can't feel it?
For me, i seldom feel the movements when I am walking or standing up. I guess this 2 positions gives it lots more space to move.
when i sit down or lie flat on my back, then i can feel the baby movements. (22 weeks)

Hi all,
I felt baby movement on last week quite frequent but start from this weekend until now didn't feel baby movement..
A bit worry if it's normal??

could be the position of baby also. especially if baby's facing inwards, the movements may go undetected. if it worries you, try drinking something sweet like orange juice and wait an hour to see if you feel anything. mine always very active after I had something sweet.

Yup.. Feeling so stressful now :(malus quite emo lately. Now things dun work out for me I'm so upset.

cheer up and think positive thoughts! can let maid bunk in with the baby? else quickly ask/search around for a nanny and just register for IFC first. there are some affordable ones around in SG too. just have to look and of course, have a little bit of luck on your side as well.

hey mummies... quick qns...how do i begin the search for IFC and register? Do I go down to the school I am interested in to enquire and register?

hey mummies... quick qns...how do i begin the search for IFC and register? Do I go down to the school I am interested in to enquire and register?

you can go online and search. try this link: https://www.childcarelink.gov.sg/ccls/home/ChdCccSrch.jsp after that you either register online or you can go down to the centre personally to enquire. or do both! in case online registration didn't get through. I am more kiasu that way. :p

thanks!! oh i used the exact link! found it thru google.
my area only have 4 schools and 3 are under myfirstskool. I had wanted to reg online but realised need child NRIC...so I thought the only way is to go down register.
btw, u have helper at home liao still intend to send to IFC?

I've received my purchase of 3 diaper covers from Amazon last night! :) Happy with how they feel / look and will order more. Already looking forward to meeting baby and start the diaper changing routine. Hahaha!

IMG_757335352650979.jpeg

no intention to send to IFC. only to CC when the time comes. maid and mum will look after him once I am back to work. :)

ah i see. very lucky! actually I feel so sad at the thought of leaving baby at infant care while baby is still so young. but with my ageing parents, not sure if they can cope also. So seeking alternatives first. :)

yah.. I am thankful my mum is still willing for help. sometimes can feel that she is tired of it but ultimately still loves her grandkids. she and my dad will come over to my place to pick up my 2 girls every weekday morning at 6+am, get them breakfast and send them to CC for me. which allows me plenty of time to prepare for work.

in the evenings, mum and maid will fetch them from CC, give them dinner before I arrive at her place for my own dinner. and then we will wait for my dad to send us home. it's a very comfortable routine right now. in a way, I really save a lot of time without having to do all the sending and fetching myself.

ah i see. very lucky! actually I feel so sad at the thought of leaving baby at infant care while baby is still so young. but with my ageing parents, not sure if they can cope also. So seeking alternatives first. :)

I think your baby will adapt very fast. :) it's probably going to be you who can't let go 100%.

I think your baby will adapt very fast. :) it's probably going to be you who can't let go 100%.

hahaha omg good point!!
I was actually browsing the cute clothings for 0-3 mths and 3-6 mths online and it dawned on me that i'm sending baby to infant care after 4 mths and I won't get to dress her in those cute clothings myself (so emo cannot tahan myself also)
That's when I start searching for IFC around my area on google haha

And i must say you've got a very good routine all worked out with the sending and fetching!

Still can dress up and go "gaigai" on weekends! Anyway, really don't need to buy too many clothes for newborn to 6mths old. They really outgrow them very fast!

haha I bought some bodysuits 5 in a pack kind for newborn and 0-3 mths. just wondering how many pieces of the onesies is enough since they outgrow it fast?
considering may to oct will be quite hot, bought mostly short sleeved ones too.

I've received my purchase of 3 diaper covers from Amazon last night! :) Happy with how they feel / look and will order more. Already looking forward to meeting baby and start the diaper changing routine. Hahaha!

View attachment 465163

How much did u get the diapers for? I hope the baby fair next week have some promos for the diapers tho.

And base from your experience, how many do we actually need? I intend to cloth diaper in the day and disposables at night and when going out tho.

wah! the pill must be really big?? is it the huge pink coloured one? I had to take that when I had #1. really quite a chore trying to swallow that with a big mouthful of water.

It's a brown coloured pill, bought from unity. The promoter sabo me manz, say very small easy to swallow. Where got?!?

Im so tired! Long work day. Now tucking into macs twister fries… junk food ftw!

My gynae says now second tri no need to be too concerned abt no. of kicks yet. Wait till third tri then start the counting.

Finally bought some baby clothes! Rompers at 50% off at pumpkin patch last weekend. So happy :)

I bought cheap baby clothes (those wear at home type, nothing fancy) for my #1 at this shop opposite si ma lu guanyin temple. Plain white or coloured cotton separates, like $10 for 4 tops? Can try to find the address if anyone's interested.

it's good if baby keeps on moving. if I remember correctly, we are supposed to keep track of baby movements from 3rd trimester onwards. I was told to expect a minimum of 10 movements from baby every 2 hours. if lesser than that or if don't feel anything at all, may have to go to A&E.

Yes! I attended the lesson by TMC and they mentioned that. You started attending those lessons already?

Anyway, finally checking in here again after that fateful food poisoning episode last month. Have since recovered.

Had detailed scan yesterday and confirmed a boy. Everything was healthy and honestly, that's what really matters.

Hubby and I already thought of names even when we were trying for a baby for either boy and girl and finally, it came on handy for the boy.

Now at 20wk 3d and baby weighs approx 330g. I even started to gain weight steadily (removed my previous fear and thanks to the encouragement i got from you mummies previously).

Even more exciting is I finally baby movements and it usually happens at night. I attended the lesson and they were saying baby were usually active when mummies are relaxed. Just last night, my baby kicked me so hard that i got a shock. Hardest he ever kicked but that put a smile on my face

How much did u get the diapers for? I hope the baby fair next week have some promos for the diapers tho.

And base from your experience, how many do we actually need? I intend to cloth diaper in the day and disposables at night and when going out tho.

The Thirsties Duo were around $15. Eligible for free shipping from Amazon. :) You will have to buy the inserts and prefolds separately though. I'm building up a stash of 12-18 pieces of cloth diapers (covers and pocket ones) plus around 2x the number of inserts and nappy cloths. This should be good enough for rotation in the day. If you are worried you may not really use them, I suggest you purchase just 4 to 6 pieces first.

Im so tired! Long work day. Now tucking into macs twister fries… junk food ftw!

My gynae says now second tri no need to be too concerned abt no. of kicks yet. Wait till third tri then start the counting.

Now that you mentioned those twister fries, I feel like having also!! :D

Went to KKH to visit a friend who just gave birth yesterday, and on the way back, macs was calling out on me. And I had the twister fries! Yummsss

Anyway, finally checking in here again after that fateful food poisoning episode last month. Have since recovered.

Had detailed scan yesterday and confirmed a boy. Everything was healthy and honestly, that's what really matters.
Even more exciting is I finally baby movements and it usually happens at night. I attended the lesson and they were saying baby were usually active when mummies are relaxed. Just last night, my baby kicked me so hard that i got a shock. Hardest he ever kicked but that put a smile on my face

Glad to hear that and I beleive that is very special momonent when you got the first kick :)

Can I check with what this "lession" you attend? and where is it? We'd also want to attend, but no one tell us about it even not from the Doc.

Thanks

Glad to hear that and I beleive that is very special momonent when you got the first kick :)

Can I check with what this "lession" you attend? and where is it? We'd also want to attend, but no one tell us about it even not from the Doc.

Thanks

They meant the antenatal classes at TMC. you can go online and sign up for it as there are many hospitals in Singapore offering this "course" for mummies and daddies.

Hello all! First time mommy, EDD 30th May! Also seeing Dr John Yam at GEH. Will be going for my detailed scan next week. Can't wait!

May I know how to register for IFC? There's schools like MFS requires BB's birth cert for registration. Meaning we can't pre-register?

Finally bought some baby clothes! Rompers at 50% off at pumpkin patch last weekend. So happy :)

I bought cheap baby clothes (those wear at home type, nothing fancy) for my #1 at this shop opposite si ma lu guanyin temple. Plain white or coloured cotton separates, like $10 for 4 tops? Can try to find the address if anyone's interested.
Hi @cynn04 - the shop at si ma lu - do they also sell towels and hankies?

Haha opppss now everyone eating twister fries :D it's still not as nice as a&w's curly fries last time! Anyone remembers?? Sighs, childhood food always seem nicer keke.

Took some time off to go shop n buy maternity bottoms. Out of say 2 hrs, I'm sitting down and resting for 1hr. Lololol… no stamina…

N wats this llao llao yougurt dat everyone is eating ard me now?? So nice meh. I see the q and decided against it

Hello all! First time mommy, EDD 30th May! Also seeing Dr John Yam at GEH. Will be going for my detailed scan next week. Can't wait!

May I know how to register for IFC? There's schools like MFS requires BB's birth cert for registration. Meaning we can't pre-register?

Me too under Dr Yam. hubby and I really like him. :)

About IFC, I think it helps to just give the school a call (or go down personally) and check if you can just leave an indication of interest even before baby is out. Can say you may need to be back at work before whole 16 weeks of ML are utilized and worried that you can't get a spot. Keep a lookout for new centres too.

cynn04, I love the holey shirts. there're white, pink, blue colours. very cooling for babies! don't know about the llao llao also. maybe it's just another fad..

They meant the antenatal classes at TMC. you can go online and sign up for it as there are many hospitals in Singapore offering this "course" for mummies and daddies.

Thanks. I checked on TMC's website, there is "Childbirth Education Course" which can be registered online, can anyone recommend normally when is the ideal stage to take the course ? (EDD is in May.) Thanks

Me too under Dr Yam. hubby and I really like him. :)

About IFC, I think it helps to just give the school a call (or go down personally) and check if you can just leave an indication of interest even before baby is out. Can say you may need to be back at work before whole 16 weeks of ML are utilized and worried that you can't get a spot. Keep a lookout for new centres too.

Thanks! I'll shortlist a few and call them for more information.

With regards to antenatal class, I called GEH & was advised to go in March as nearer to EDD. She say scared that we might forget what was taught. But me & hubby have decided to go ahead first as it's first come first serve basis. Will be registering the class at NUH though. Cos cheaper than GEH haha.

Some hospital web says can go as early as 12wks onwards. I think cos they cover topics like backaches etc which I think helps a lot now that we're in our 2nd trimester.

Thanks. I checked on TMC's website, there is "Childbirth Education Course" which can be registered online, can anyone recommend normally when is the ideal stage to take the course ? (EDD is in May.) Thanks
Anytime after 20weeks is ok ler. If you're going for the TMC one, should book early, because they are quite popular. And next month is CNY, so half the month no classes... usually ~6 weeks for classes... if go across CNY then you need to plan for ~8 weeks for classes lor... plan so that you at least make sure you can attend finish before baby comes out (assuming 37 weeks, not 40, to be sure)

llao llao is well-known frozen yogurt....havent tried before but long q and their outlets springing up everywhere recently...

TMC recommended to take this class after 20 weeks. I have registered antenatal class started in Feb next month. But actually when I saw the schedule, they only held one session in Feb, then the remaining session will be held in March. So it will be ended end of March. My EDD end of April. Hopefully will not forget the tips during labour later on.

cynn04, I love the holey shirts. there're white, pink, blue colours. very cooling for babies! don't know about the llao llao also. maybe it's just another fad..
I want to get the holey shirts too. Hubby wants bb to wear and take a photo in same position as him when he was small.

Took some time off to go shop n buy maternity bottoms. Out of say 2 hrs, I'm sitting down and resting for 1hr. Lololol… no stamina…

N wats this llao llao yougurt dat everyone is eating ard me now?? So nice meh. I see the q and decided against it

Their yoghurt ice cream is really creamy and rich. Must try next time! I love it.

Thanks

They called it childbirth education course or something like that. It's a 6 lessons programme. We attended the one from TMC.

They teaches about managing pain, what to expect during labour, breastfeeding and they will always teach some exercise for us to do to manage pain and prepare our body for labour.

Llao Lao yogurt is nice

I always buy sannum a cup cost$6 can add topping and 3 fruits, yogurt is rich some same abit milk smell

Eat it as snack n can last me another 2-3 hrs before my next meal....

Yummy. Craving for it

4 yrs back from what i know is pay for the deposit/registration fee, the doc will collect and put in a box, den the company rep will collect it straight. Payment can choose full amount or by installment, aso payable using baby bouns account. Now i duno how its the same... I went to kaypo see the cordlife counter recently at TMC, dont seem to hardsell thou... :) mayb can call up instead....

Ok Thanks!

MrsBellaLim, wahh... you are near to delivery liao .... less than 2 months to go. congratss.....

I went to both Cordlife and Stemcord seminar. I think both are about the same, but I did not asked the price in details. But what I know even if you want to bank the blood cord, it is still depends on the condition when you deliver the baby and your gynae will have a word whether your cord blood is suitable for banking upon your delivery. If your blood cord is not suitable for banking then the money you have paid will be refunded to you.

If you have time, it is good if you can attend the seminar hold by Cordlife and they will give you more information. Cordlife have an event on 17 Jan next saturday, if you would like to register at below link. I have talked for consultation with them and do not feel any hardselling from their side. No harm to ask
https://www.cordlife.com/sg/pme2015

Ok Thanks!

Back