(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

wah! seriously, "gonna drop out any moment"?? actually I kinda want to know how that feels! crazy right? just want to have an experience of that since after this, likely no more babies liao. wanna experience the whole "package". muahaha!!

Yes you are crazy haha! Im gonna try your gender test later hehe…

not to mention, will be spoilt rotten by the grandparents. my FIL mentioned a few times that he's hoping for a grandson. hubby's the only son in the family, so the stress to produce male offspring is on him!

The rice grain thingy is my 1st. Perhaps my curiosity level is not high enuff, and also I was battling with extreme MS the past couple of weeks, no mood for anything at all. Do u have the link?

If ur hubby places more importance in you, it shows tt he loves u a lot isn't it :)

@starrymommy, hahaha... so funny. Hopefully, your gynae will show you long stick between the leg of your baby le.......
I will try do the test later tonight. hahaha.... hopefully I got even number and my gynae is wrong. lols.

@yoga_babe, yes this is my first one. I am still thinking whether want to make another one in the future but afraid if got another boy then how. Ya lorss.... good for his wife, but not good for me...especially as his mommy. hahaha......

daughters are daddy's previous life's lover. You are daddy's current life's lover lor.... :D

yoga_babe, this is the simplest of all that I can find. http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor
there is another one all in Chinese wordings. a bit complicated 'cos need to use lunar age and lunar month. I've tried both and both not accurate for both my girls. pek chek. lol!

mylilsheep, thanks! :D hey, 2 boys also nice isn't it? same gender should be closer than different gender?

was just chatting with colleagues who also have kids earlier. one of them has 2 boys, and other has a girl. we came to the conclusion that boys in general require lesser worrying. girls, more. 'cos more vulnerable. compared to my brother, my parents did not allow me to stay out after 10pm at a much older age. my brother had his "freedom" very early on. not fair!!! but now that I have 2 girls of my own, I can see why my parents did that.

AND, they expected me to do housework - mop floor, fold clothes, etc. whereas my brother never lifted a hand to help out at all!

@starrymommy, yeahh....true. If girl you have to be extra carefull, coz now the world go crazy and need to educate them oso to be very carefull especially with those unresponsible "man." Anyway.... if I have boy, I will teach him to do housework too..... hahaha

50% accuracy? faint .....

yoga_babe, this is the simplest of all that I can find. http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor
there is another one all in Chinese wordings. a bit complicated 'cos need to use lunar age and lunar month. I've tried both and both not accurate for both my girls. pek chek. lol!

mylilsheep, thanks! :D hey, 2 boys also nice isn't it? same gender should be closer than different gender?

I got a boy based on the website ! Lolol… we'll see :)

was just chatting with colleagues who also have kids earlier. one of them has 2 boys, and other has a girl. we came to the conclusion that boys in general require lesser worrying. girls, more. 'cos more vulnerable. compared to my brother, my parents did not allow me to stay out after 10pm at a much older age. my brother had his "freedom" very early on. not fair!!! but now that I have 2 girls of my own, I can see why my parents did that.

AND, they expected me to do housework - mop floor, fold clothes, etc. whereas my brother never lifted a hand to help out at all!

Same same! Me and my sis had to do all the housework. But ok la to be fair, my bro is 6 yrs younger than me. My parents are the boh chup kind, so all of us enjoyed alot of freedom since young. But too much freedom is also no good la, I did went minor astray for awhile during my clubbing days kekeke. Good memories though ;)

But the world now is so much different compared to our time. Guess the internet changed everything. My hubby oso extremely protective of my gal, say can only have bf at age 25 lololol. Siao wan, wait cannot marry out then he know.

can conceive is a blessing. several friends around me tried for years and still no news. hubby has a colleague who was very sensitive and sore about such thing. he and his wife been trying for many years. even went through IVF but still no baby. :( when my hubby mentioned to his group of colleagues that we are expecting (3 times already), that particular colleague will not talk to him for many days. feel sad for him..

can conceive is a blessing. several friends around me tried for years and still no news. hubby has a colleague who was very sensitive and sore about such thing. he and his wife been trying for many years. even went through IVF but still no baby. :( when my hubby mentioned to his group of colleagues that we are expecting (3 times already), that particular colleague will not talk to him for many days. feel sad for him..

Oh dear. My best fren as well, tried for many yrs. went through fertility tests and stuff, just stopping short at IVF. It's a medical issue with her fallopian tubes. I guess they are ok with current status now. Still hoping, but not much expectations.

*cough cough* chantel thomas wallet *cough cough* :D

yeahh.... My friend's sister oso have the same problem. Married for many years, but still childless. Then my friend got pregnant, she did not dare to tell her sister at first, afraid if it will break her sis heart. Now my friend has 2 kids, her sis did not really like her kids though. So sad. But I think i can understand that feeling. I was having "mysterious" miscarriage last time, then suddenly see a lot of preggy. Somehow I feel very sad.

cynn04, wahahaha! haven't seen this name "Chantel" for a loooong time, man. fond memories. :D

mylilsheep, so must treasure our beanies hor? sometimes my girls drive me up the wall and I will lose my cool and scream at them. after that feel guilty.. 'cos the feeling of not having them around to make me angry is 1000x worse..

@starrymommy, yes. When I look back, last time I just got preggy unexpectedly and feel not really in the right time though. I was not prepared and did not believe when gynae told me I am pregnant and it is twins oso. I did not know whether to happy or sad. But that only last for about 2 weeks before I start bleeding, then end of the story. Till now, I still cannot think how to handle and afford twins if last time I did not have mc. Mebbe it is oso God's plan to prepare my mentality first before giving me this second chance and more treasure this little one. :)

mylilsheep, hugs.. things happen for a reason and in this case although it was a sad thing that you have to go through, I am glad things are working out better for you now! :)

printemp, I am taking Blackmores Fish Oil 1000. it's not prenatal specifically though. chose it 'cos it states that it is sourced from small fishes and tested for pesticide residues.

I'm taking blackmores fishoil too. But im taking the Omega Brain, it's concentrated fish oil which reccomended by my friend who is working in Blackmores

@starrymommy, yes. When I look back, last time I just got preggy unexpectedly and feel not really in the right time though. I was not prepared and did not believe when gynae told me I am pregnant and it is twins oso. I did not know whether to happy or sad. But that only last for about 2 weeks before I start bleeding, then end of the story. Till now, I still cannot think how to handle and afford twins if last time I did not have mc. Mebbe it is oso God's plan to prepare my mentality first before giving me this second chance and more treasure this little one. :)

So sorry to hear dat. I had a blighted ovum for my previous pregnancy and had to hv a small op to clear it out. For this one, imagine my shock when my first scan at 7wks showed nothing again, and i thought it was another blighted ovum. Luckily the next scan showed my little beanie with heartbeat. My gynae called it a little miracle.

Mayb cos of this, my anxiety nvr really left me even till now as im nearing the end of my first tri. Plus cannot tell other pple. Interacting here made me feel better and much more forward looking.

I was taking nordic naturals prenatal dha also. But when i told my gynae at the last visit (12weeks), she said nordic naturals is ok can take, but told me to stop for now as its too early to take fish oil now. She told me to start taking only when im at 20weeks. Any of your doctors said that? or they already prescribe u fish oil?

I also haven't done my OSCAR. It's scheduled next week.
At near 13 weeks, I'm still feeling nauseas, though it is getting SLIGHTLY better, only slightly.
I usually feel very nauseous whenever on the train or after train ride.

And now I'm alone with hubby and parents all overseas.

I'm so excited for next week scan and who knows, perhaps we can see the gender next week le.

By the way, anyone of you already break the news to your friends already? Since most of us already passed the 'taboo' 12 weels/first trimester.
Yes yes!! I can totally feel you I am 12weeks but my night sickness is not getting any better nor the transport sickness!! Terrible! !

@lubbhates, what kind of down syndrome test you are taking? Oscar test or harmony test?

Down Syndrome test is quite different from detail scan at 20 weeks.

Down syndrome is to test the probability of trisomy 21. If you do the oscar test, they will scan your baby, measure the thickness of the fluid at the back of your baby's neck, nasal bone, etc combined with the blood test then come out with the probability of having down syndrome baby. If you take harmony test, they will only take your blood test, no scan at all. However, harmony test is more accurate compare to oscar test, but the price for harmony test quite expensive though.

While detail scan on 20 weeks would checking the anatomy of your baby, they called it fetal anomaly scan.
Wow thanks for the explanation, I am taking the oscar test coz my gayne told me I am still young and there's no problem in my 1st pregnancy so she advice me for my age to do the oscar test will do..my gayne is dr selina chua at mont e..any mummies any reviews of her? She is good with my 1st pregnancy just alittle pricy. .hahas

@cynn04 no worries, everything will be fine since u almost complete the 1st tri. Actually I started to imform 1 of my colleague on my week 6. Because it happened my department havimg team building and they already bought the entrance tickets. My colleague was the committee member. So I have no choice and need to seek assurance that the activities during the team building is safe for preggy.

Actually I informed my family members too during my week 8 and my boss. Because I was having very bad MS which i need to tell my boss to give me some flexibility. Haha

I was taking nordic naturals prenatal dha also. But when i told my gynae at the last visit (12weeks), she said nordic naturals is ok can take, but told me to stop for now as its too early to take fish oil now. She told me to start taking only when im at 20weeks. Any of your doctors said that? or they already prescribe u fish oil?

My gynae prescribed me Neurogain prenatal DHA since the start of 1st trimester. She said its good for the baby's brain. I was thinking of taking Nordic Naturals too, is it good?

Dr. Loh said I can start to take fish oil now, I am 13weeks. Good for baby's brain, will have a smart baby~ ;)

May I know what brand of fish oil did Dr Loh prescribed u?

ImageUploadedByForum1415798335.019527.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1415798350.222528.jpg

@starrymommy , thks for the link. But it says I'm expecting a ! Tried a couple of times but still no result...umm
Anyway I told my hubby abt the rice count prediction n he said he doesn't belive in such things, but still pressed me for the outcome. Too bad, it's not wat he desire, but it's both mommy n daughter preferred choice... Hee hee

@cynn04 , my turn to suffer from insomnia tonight. This Preg is crazy, the symptoms r so unpredictable. I was feeling much better for the whole day until my tummy started to bloat again after 10pm, n lying down makes me feel so
uncomfortable.... Haiz
Ur kids will hav a gd age gap of 4yrs apart. My girl is 4yo, so it's gonna be a 5 yrs gap. MY elder sis is 5 yrs older than me n whn we were younger, there was some generation gap. Hopefully my kids will get along well despite the age gap

@mylilsheep , I'm a firm believer in 孩子命 when it comes to having children. It really can't b forced. Some married couples tried so hard n still end up childless, while others (singles) got pregnant n chose to abort.
I too had a long journey b4 I conceive this lil precious. Went thru IVF, dr said my ovaries r getting old, not producing enuff follicles even with the stimulating jabs. I was rather dejected. Immediately after I failed the IVF, I conceived naturally. U can imagine how elated I was whn the dr broke the news. Unfortunately the happiness was short-lived, I had a MC at 7 wks.
So despite all the awful symptoms I'm having for this pregnancy, I tell myself to hang in there, 得來不易啊

I'm sure u will b a superb mommy now tt u r well prepared both mentally n physically. Gambatte!

@missyblueberry , Oscar is a combination of scan and blood tests. The scan measures the neck thickness n check for presence of nasal bone. scan result will b out on the spot.
Blood test in my case took 3 working days to process.
Acc to my gynae, scan consists of 80% of the whole Oscar. So if u know from the scan that all is normal, u can b pretty sure u r getting a gd report card

I'm only taking multi-vit for now. I remembered for my 1st pregnancy I was not given fish oil until ard 20 weeks also. My other gynae even best, he said only need folic acid for now until 15-16weeks than will give me multi-vit.
Seems every gynae has diff practices le

I'm only taking multi-vit for now. I remembered for my 1st pregnancy I was not given fish oil until ard 20 weeks also. My other gynae even best, he said only need folic acid for now until 15-16weeks than will give me multi-vit.
I m only given fish oil at week 12 plus. The first few weeks I m on folic,calcium and iron

So sorry to hear dat. I had a blighted ovum for my previous pregnancy and had to hv a small op to clear it out. For this one, imagine my shock when my first scan at 7wks showed nothing again, and i thought it was another blighted ovum. Luckily the next scan showed my little beanie with heartbeat. My gynae called it a little miracle.

Mayb cos of this, my anxiety nvr really left me even till now as im nearing the end of my first tri. Plus cannot tell other pple. Interacting here made me feel better and much more forward looking.

@cynn04, for me getting pregnant is already a miracle. I cannot believe how this little one being created from just little sac, until now have head, leg, arms, etc. Hopefully we all have a smoothly and happy pregnancy this time. Do not be so worried, I believed all mummies here will be alright and pop out healthy babies when its due. :)

Hi mummy. In which week can we know the baby gender?
@esnbh, usually gynae can see baby gender from week 14 onwards, but it is all depends on your baby position. Sometimes baby so shy and did not want to show it to your gynae. lols.... u can ask your baby to co-operate first before the scan. haha....

@mylilsheep , I'm a firm believer in 孩子命 when it comes to having children. It really can't b forced. Some married couples tried so hard n still end up childless, while others (singles) got pregnant n chose to abort.
I too had a long journey b4 I conceive this lil precious. Went thru IVF, dr said my ovaries r getting old, not producing enuff follicles even with the stimulating jabs. I was rather dejected. Immediately after I failed the IVF, I conceived naturally. U can imagine how elated I was whn the dr broke the news. Unfortunately the happiness was short-lived, I had a MC at 7 wks.
So despite all the awful symptoms I'm having for this pregnancy, I tell myself to hang in there, 得來不易啊

I'm sure u will b a superb mommy now tt u r well prepared both mentally n physically. Gambatte!
thank you @yoga_babe, now we must thankful to be given this little beanie hor ..... ;)

esnbh, as early as 11-12 weeks if you do the Harmony test. otherwise, anytime from then till 20 weeks during detailed scan.

missyblueberry, Oscar results take 2-3 working days to be out.

yoga_babe, lol! system error. :p hope you get your wish!

My previous gynae oso, folic acid only till somewhere in 2nd tri, then carry on with fish oil. And a glass of milk everyday lol. He super chin chye! But save alot of money. Current gynae already gave me multi vits, fish oil and calcium pills since wk 8. $$$$$$$$$

Back