(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

cynn04, mylilsheep, hang in there! once you hit 2nd tri the fatigue will go away. I'm feeling a lot more energetic this week myself. sleep also sleep better liao. just turned 14 weeks today. :D

@starrymommy, i passed my 1st tri liao, but still feel so sleepy everyday. Oso not having a good sleep these days, always have strange dream. I even dreaming my baby start kicking until my tummy hurt. Then wake up realise it is only a dream. lols

oops! yah hor! you are already in 2nd tri too. :D hopefully you will some some of the energy back. I find that munching on nuts at work help. also avoiding having too much carbo at lunch... btw, have you started feeling baby moving around?

@starrymommy, i passed my 1st tri liao, but still feel so sleepy everyday. Oso not having a good sleep these days, always have strange dream. I even dreaming my baby start kicking until my tummy hurt. Then wake up realise it is only a dream. lols

Ooooh they will start the kicking soon... And it does hurt in the later stages :p

oh yes.. my elder girl was breeched. when she kicked, she aimed my bladder very often. really like kana electricity shock around the pee region. lol!!

I can't wait to feel this little one kick more! been feeling little nudges once in a while but nothing like the real rolling about and disco moves. :p

Ooooh they will start the kicking soon... And it does hurt in the later stages :p
really?? means my dreams will come true ..... lols.....

JTS, I bought this Angelsounds Fetal Doppler after reading so many good reviews about it. just received it today. looking forward to using it tonight! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Angelsounds-Monitor-Doppler-Headphones-recording/dp/B001NWDUE2
wow..... let us know ur experience after u use it tonight. cannot imagine, what is the sounds of baby hiccups like......

I don't know what baby hiccups sounds like but I have felt them before. very very cute!!! my girls used to hiccup for 10-15mins everyday after my lunch.

yeah I will review after using the doppler tonight. hopefully baby is already big enough for me to detect his/her heartbeat. :)

I don't know what baby hiccups sounds like but I have felt them before. very very cute!!! my girls used to hiccup for 10-15mins everyday after my lunch.

yeah I will review after using the doppler tonight. hopefully baby is already big enough for me to detect his/her heartbeat. :)
there are some iphone apps or andriod apps use speaker to do the same thing. i downloaded n try..mayb bb still small so cannot hear..but i can hear my hub one haha

I did my harmony test at week 11+, result out in a week which is today hence knew gender.. all thru blood test. Cos too early to scan for gender also.

hi ladies, I have given the Angelsounds a try last night and found baby's heartbeat easily! it is really a super easy device to use. just plug in ear phones, apply some aloe vera gel on the tummy area, turn on the device and roll it over the tummy. I found my heartbeat first then detected baby's, which is a very fast whup-whup-whup sound, like horses galloping! also heard the little movements and kicks which sound like when you tap on a microphone with your knuckles. really very interesting and assuring to hear that all is well inside. :)

hi ladies, I have given the Angelsounds a try last night and found baby's heartbeat easily! it is really a super easy device to use. just plug in ear phones, apply some aloe vera gel on the tummy area, turn on the device and roll it over the tummy. I found my heartbeat first then detected baby's, which is a very fast whup-whup-whup sound, like horses galloping! also heard the little movements and kicks which sound like when you tap on a microphone with your knuckles. really very interesting and assuring to hear that all is well inside. :)
wow..... so exciting..... suddenly I miss to see my bb inside. Looking forward to see my gynae in the next few days...... :rolleyes:

if you are not in any high-risk pregnancy category, gynae will usually tell you to just go for Oscar. Harmony is very expensive, around $900-$1k++.

Hi all mummies, just stepped into my 2nd trimester a few days back. my EDD is 10 May. This is my #2. My #1 was borne in May 2013. So the kiddos will be exactly 2 yrs apart. Saw that u have a FB group. Who should I pm to add me pls? Thanks!

I just visited dr tham ytd

Scan + consultation + blood test
And he gave me 3 vitamins including fish oil, calcium tablet and iron tablet
And two anti nausea medication
Total was $307

His package was $650 excluding GST for 11 visits

I think I'm going for dr Benjamin tham instead of dr Lawrence ang. He's more professional than dr ang and more detailed :)

Im going for my scan the week after. 2nd time to visit Dr Tham and i have already decided to go with him as well! :)

Just went for oscar yesterday. The scan showed everything is fine with baby but still waiting for blood test results. I tried the drinking oj method before the scan, but the baby still seemed to be asleep. haha. Gynae had to lightly poke my tummy a few times to make baby change position. So cute, seeing baby move hands and legs to flip position!! And from the scan gynae says it is a girl cos quite obvious no birdy btween the legs. lol!

@cynn04 really can only eat bird's nest in 3rd tri? What was the reason given in the class? My auntie told me she started eating birds nest from 1st tri. Her DD has very very nice fair and soft smooth skin. And she said cos she ate a lot of birds nest throughout her pregnancy. And asked me to start eating....

I'll be doing Oscar and scan at 13w2d. Do you think I will be able to see the baby move or even gender?
Currently at 11w4d. I am still feeling nauseuous and with not much appetite.
I haven't gain much weight as well at all.

Envious those mummies who already enter into their second trimester.

Just went for oscar yesterday. The scan showed everything is fine with baby but still waiting for blood test results. I tried the drinking oj method before the scan, but the baby still seemed to be asleep. haha. Gynae had to lightly poke my tummy a few times to make baby change position. So cute, seeing baby move hands and legs to flip position!! And from the scan gynae says it is a girl cos quite obvious no birdy btween the legs. lol!

What's oj?

I'll be doing Oscar and scan at 13w2d. Do you think I will be able to see the baby move or even gender?
Currently at 11w4d. I am still feeling nauseuous and with not much appetite.
I haven't gain much weight as well at all.

Envious those mummies who already enter into their second trimester.

@BubsandBloms, you will soon entering your second trimester leh.... only 3 more days to go.
You will see your baby moving around during oscar scan, but gender depends on your baby position. I saw baby open leg, but still not sure what is the gender. Depends ba....

Minn07, so fast can tell already? when I went for my Oscar, the sonographer said she spotted something between the legs but didn't want to comment anything further. I really want to know the gender soon so that I can start shopping le! there's Taobao 11.11 and US Black Friday coming up and really don't want to miss them lor..

@starrymommy I was only 12w4d yesterday when doing the scan. I was also surprised when the gynae announced it's Female! I still asked her "Really?!! Confirm???" Then she said 90%! After that she kept showing us where is the spot in between the legs, and enlarged the image for us. Really no sign of any little bird growing in between, unless it is a bit slow growing and only shows up during next appt...lol!

Maybe your sonographer didn't want to comment further cos also not 100% sure at that time. But my gynae just tell us, with disclaimer that she is 90% sure. I think maybe your sonographer already tried to hint hint that it may be a boy...?? heee...

Dear mummies, I am currently preg with no.2 and is in my 14 weeks plus. I failed my oscar scan with ratio of 1:304. I was asked to do Maternit21 test, and currently waiting for the test result. The blood would be sent to US lab for further testing. Any mummies facing the same?

@Minn07

I supposed you can drink birds nest anytime you want, but whether the baby can absorb as early from first tri onwards..... it's subjective and up to what you believe bah. Just like some experts oso dun believe that birds nest aids in youthful skin for adults. Similarly, the instructor didnt really believe birds nest helps in fair skin for babies.... But I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I like bird's nest too! But too much trouble and expensive to brew regularly. Those in the bottle is convenient, but sugar level usually quite high so just take note abit.

Last edited:
Minn07, so fast can tell already? when I went for my Oscar, the sonographer said she spotted something between the legs but didn't want to comment anything further. I really want to know the gender soon so that I can start shopping le! there's Taobao 11.11 and US Black Friday coming up and really don't want to miss them lor..

hehe starry, seems like you are quite the expert in online shopping hor ;)

fortunebb, hope your results will come back good. my gf went for amniocentisis when she failed her Oscar too. her's was 1:200+ and she was like 35 yo so considered high risk as well. her baby turned out to be okay!

cynn04. I am a self-confessed shopping queen. :p

fortunebb, hope your results will come back good. my gf went for amniocentisis when she failed her Oscar too. her's was 1:200+ and she was like 35 yo so considered high risk as well. her baby turned out to be okay!

cynn04. I am a self-confessed shopping queen. :p
rem to share posting of the TB website le..i also wan to buy hehe

Back