(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

I also bathe bb twice a day. The evening bath is much faster if not just wipe instead of bath depending on the weather n timing. He seems to enjoy bath nowadays n gets super excited when we lay him on the bed preparing for bath. Pretty routined timing n if he doesn't get bathed he will become irritated at that timing. Bb also tend to nap longer after bath. Nowadays he can sleep longer throughout the night and i am beginning to enjoy motherhood more now lol

My bb turning 5 months this week. These 2 days he likes to shout very loud. I m confuse if he is happy or not happy. He can shout n smile. Shout till his face very red n cough after that. Is this a new phase?

Yup, i think they aso might b testing out if scream will he get any attention! LoL. Beginning i carry, now i let him scream, esp wen he starting to wriggle n crawl will scream louder.

So fast bb gg b 5mths, soon sit den walk, run,talk.... Eat non stop... Really miss the tiny feet n body..lol

Ya. Time will pass very fast. I'm trying to tell myself to remember to enjoy them amidst the stress of raising this lo. Heh. Sometimes I feel a bit shocked when I see my 2 older ones. I ask them since when did they grow up? Hahahaha..

Ya. Time will pass very fast. I'm trying to tell myself to remember to enjoy them amidst the stress of raising this lo. Heh. Sometimes I feel a bit shocked when I see my 2 older ones. I ask them since when did they grow up? Hahahaha..

Time flies... looking back to photos of LO on the first day she was brought to us...our LO is so tiny so miracle. Today she's alr 4mo...big in size...making lots of noise... even now staring at her sleeping beside me, feel so warm and grateful. Can she don't grow up too fast?

My baby started to shout about a mth ago when she was 3mths old. Shout super loud, but it lasts a week onlt. Now she dun make that kind of high pitch sound anymore. But she likes to make a cough sound still.. Like old ah pek coughing.. Is it normal?

Actually i kinda prefer my boy at this stage now, more interactive and will smile n play more. Newborns abit boring heehee… now till about 2yo still very cute. After dat is terrible twos which is just terrible in my daughter's case lol.

But I look at her nowadays and cannot believe she's almost 4 soon w her own personality. This morning she was perfectly well behaved (very rare) and even said I Love you Mummy, im going to hug you later in school before you go off.

*melts* ok la makes all the shouting matches in the mornings worth it.

thank u! so sweet of u to paste me the link.

btw atopiclair didn't work for her at all. PD puts it in the same category as Physiogel AI cream which is anti-inflammatory but AI cream is really effective on her.

But Physiogel AI cannot get off the rack, right?

No worries happycsk. We r all learning and sharing. :) Now I also headache. The rashes came back again. Boohoo. I really don't understand leh.

Attachments

• 1442927533576.jpg
    1442927533576.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 180
No worries happycsk. We r all learning and sharing. :) Now I also headache. The rashes came back again. Boohoo. I really don't understand leh.

Maybe u wanna try Physiogel AI cream for the face? Facial skin really thin and AI cream is anti inflammatory moisturizer, should be able to clear it. Actually I bought the sebamed baby protective facial cream but didnt use it for my LO coz I realized it has fragranced/parfum in it. Her skin like that so I don't dare try. But texture is quite nice so I just used it on myself HAHA!

Tmr I will be back to PD for the blood test results. Recently she's on prescription formula (very very HA) since sat till now 4 days, her eczema has cleared up 90% with minimal light steroids. I am real surprised man. But I can see a little redness on her scalp now. Not sure if it's coming back again and I don't know what's the full diagnosis yet.

But I can conclude she is indeed allergic to cow's milk and soy milk protein hence the non-stop flaring after i stopped steroids....makes sense, because we just kept feeding the allergen to her every 3 hours! Omg.

Does this serve the same purpose as swaddle? I wonder if this is good for non-aircon room. Looks quite warm to me..
Not really warm as the one I bought is just single layer..just like those muslin swaddle like that but it does not wrap the baby tightly and come with zip so baby won't kick it away. I use it as a blanket so that my boy won't kick it off when sleeping..

Attachments

• IMG_20150923_234301.JPG
    IMG_20150923_234301.JPG
    408.5 KB · Views: 190
Not really warm as the one I bought is just single layer..just like those muslin swaddle like that but it does not wrap the baby tightly and come with zip so baby won't kick it away. I use it as a blanket so that my boy won't kick it off when sleeping..

Ur bb so cute!! That's what I m looking for as bb always kick away the blanket in the nite. I need to wake up few times to cover for him as he sleeps in air con.

Ur bb so cute!! That's what I m looking for as bb always kick away the blanket in the nite. I need to wake up few times to cover for him as he sleeps in air con.

If sleep in aircon, this will be too thin le.. Should get a thicker sleeping bag.. I got my boy 2 of this..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-24-09-01-55.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-24-09-01-55.png
    354.9 KB · Views: 184
Any mummies employ domestic helper to help take care of lo? May I know what's the cost involved and how do you find your helper so far?

Any mummies employ domestic helper to help take care of lo? May I know what's the cost involved and how do you find your helper so far?
I do. Hired my maid abt 1.5mths ago. So far she has been pretty okay, not perfect but quite good to my baby. Cost wise definitely her mthly pay, agent fee if you hire maid from agent, mthly levy to government, and her food. The thing i felt the most is, lost of privacy.. No choice has to bear with it for awhile..

I do. Hired my maid abt 1.5mths ago. So far she has been pretty okay, not perfect but quite good to my baby. Cost wise definitely her mthly pay, agent fee if you hire maid from agent, mthly levy to government, and her food. The thing i felt the most is, lost of privacy.. No choice has to bear with it for awhile..

@Meilan. Me too. I've only started hiring a week + ago when I returned to work.. cos suddenly realised my mum can't cope by herself. Hiring mainly to do the housework.. mum will be taking care of baby mainly. I paid $777 agency fee, $300 insurance and $1500 (she has only 3 mths loan o/s) maid loan. I've got a Myanmar helper and so far so good. My main consideration was to find a fdw who can speak English, and it helps that she has abt 2 years of SG experience cos I will need her to fetch my #1 to & fro P1 next year.

@isenggirl, ya totally agree. I'm still getting used to having 1 more person at home too. But guess the good thing is I get to come home to a cleaner house everyday! :)

Jts for those keen to purchase sleeping bag for lo. I just bought two ytd from Groupon. Was surfing n found this deal better than pupsik.

Attachments

• 1443240232336.jpg
    1443240232336.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 141
@Meilan. Me too. I've only started hiring a week + ago when I returned to work.. cos suddenly realised my mum can't cope by herself. Hiring mainly to do the housework.. mum will be taking care of baby mainly. I paid $777 agency fee, $300 insurance and $1500 (she has only 3 mths loan o/s) maid loan. I've got a Myanmar helper and so far so good. My main consideration was to find a fdw who can speak English, and it helps that she has abt 2 years of SG experience cos I will need her to fetch my #1 to & fro P1 next year.

@isenggirl, ya totally agree. I'm still getting used to having 1 more person at home too. But guess the good thing is I get to come home to a cleaner house everyday! :)
Thinking of getting one too. Should have subsidy for kids under 16 right?

Thanks! How much salary do you pay to the maid?

I'm paying her $500 + $60 per mth (as compensation for 3 off-days that she doesn't take). She has 1 off day in a mth. I would actually like her to take all 4 days in a mth off! So that I can no need to take care of one more person every Sun.. haha.. but also cannot cos she wants to earn the extra money home..

I'm paying her $500 + $60 per mth (as compensation for 3 off-days that she doesn't take). She has 1 off day in a mth. I would actually like her to take all 4 days in a mth off! So that I can no need to take care of one more person every Sun.. haha.. but also cannot cos she wants to earn the extra money home..

My maid also has 2 days off in a mth where I prefer her to take every week instead. Does ur maid do house work before leaving for her off day on Sunday?

Yup, govt levy is subsidised so it's only $60 per mth. But maids salary all went up across the board. . So net net we don't get to save.. zzz

For experienced ones salary really went up. My fren's maid $600pm. Mine no exp so $480 + $20 per sun. 1 off day per mth but we r flexible to give her another sun off if she wans.

@sweetness Yours came so soon! Mine took more than 2 mths to come. But so far so good too. Good w bb n can entertain my gal too. Can cook simple dishes as well, so guess we r quite lucky.

My maid also has 2 days off in a mth where I prefer her to take every week instead. Does ur maid do house work before leaving for her off day on Sunday?

Mine leaves e hse quite early like at 8am so dun require her to do hsework. But will request her to come back by 9pm.

Mine leaves e hse quite early like at 8am so dun require her to do hsework. But will request her to come back by 9pm.
Wah thats quite long.. Mine leaves house at 9am and come back by 7pm.

Oh yeah, what time does your maid wake up in e morning and what time her sleeping time is?

Hi mummies,

I'm very new to this forum. I chanced upon this forum when I'm googling on baby development week by week. Love reading all comments/advices/taboos cos I'm a first time mom-to-be (hope everything goes well). This is my 3rd pregnancy after 2 miscarriages. First time at 6w 2d scan I saw heartbeat of my twins. I'm seeing Dr Loh SF at TMC and delivery will be at Mt E Novena cos he said it's cheaper plus with special rate he received from the hospital.

I started to test 4 days before my due date after a gathering with my friends. He asked if I have just gave birth cos I look chubby and bloated. (We haven't seen each other for 2 years or more). So I went back home and test, holy grail it was positive. Since then morning sickness hit me like nobody business. Nausea the moment I wake up plus burping, etc.

Oh, please add me to the FB conversation. Thanks. Add: [email protected]

Hi PCLP12,
Visited Dr Loh SF twice for pre pregnancy checkup. Would you be able to share your experience with him as your gynae & his prenatal package (when does it start and what does the package cover)? Also, which hospital does he deliver at? TIA

I haven't started to give her the off day cos the agent said not supposed to during her loan period (ie. 3 mths). But told her that house rule is can go out at 9am and be back by 7pm. No need to do housework on off day.

Oh yeah, what time does your maid wake up in e morning and what time her sleeping time is?

Yeah but she comes back before 9pm too cos she says more tiring to be outside lol

She is mostly up by 7am, or when my bb wakes up which can be quite early. Then will prepare my gal's breakfast n get her ready for school. At nite I let her rest early, by e time dishes are washed n put away, about 8+ then she will go rest tog w bb.

For experienced ones salary really went up. My fren's maid $600pm. Mine no exp so $480 + $20 per sun. 1 off day per mth but we r flexible to give her another sun off if she wans.

@sweetness Yours came so soon! Mine took more than 2 mths to come. But so far so good too. Good w bb n can entertain my gal too. Can cook simple dishes as well, so guess we r quite lucky.

Ya cynn.. I took a risk and took a transfer maid! No choice.. was desperate cos the mum couldn't tahan le.. but the good thing is at least we get to see the real person before deciding whether to go with her..

Mine wakes up at 7am on weekdays and 8am on weekends. Will ask her yo go rest abt 9pm and sleeps at abt 10pm. My hubby says why I so nice to let her sleep in on weekends.. haha.. but wake up so early also dunno do wat mah.. haha..

Just hope that she will reciprocate when we are good/kind to her..

Mine wakes up at 7am on weekdays and 8am on weekends. Will ask her yo go rest abt 9pm and sleeps at abt 10pm. My hubby says why I so nice to let her sleep in on weekends.. haha.. but wake up so early also dunno do wat mah.. haha..

Just hope that she will reciprocate when we are good/kind to her..

Does ur maid take nap during day time? Also whether u make a daily schedule for her? Mine seems do nothing much and hard to make a fixed schedule though my colleagues suggest me to do so.

My maid wakes up 6.45am and sleep around 9-11pm depending on whether my bb cranky or not. Day time she will take +/- 1hr nap when my bb sleeps. At night currently my bb co-sleep with me but now i m thinking whether to let her sleep with bb. What do u all think?

Back