(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Thanks @furbee & @evelyntan83! How was your inducing done? With epidural, won't feel the pain right?

Mine was both by pill... #1 inserted 2pills (12am & 8am) -vacuum assisted , #2 only 1 pill..
Agree with @sweetness ! Dont worry bout the unknown.. My #3 i aso no choice went natural with no pain killer, it is bearable...but lots of screaming n shouting! Lol.
Inserting the pill feels like doing VE, may be uncomfy for some.

@highness , im with dr ben tham, rarely hears c-sec done by him. Even as his patient, he shunned me off wen i ask abt c-sec procedure IN CASE i cant natural. But he is really a gd dr (in terms of friendliness, n able to talk alot). Stitching wise i feel v gd too.. But he tooo pro-natural leh.
U gg for c-sec?? Or is an option?

I only had very pain feeling once ytd night.. my hubby helps me with breathing technique.. tightening on and off but not as frequent as 10mins.. hope baby is coming soon too.. prefer not to be induced..

Might be a sign! I had sudden pain 4 nights before the actual pain... Relax relax! Yeah best dun need induce.. Jus go in chop chop push out baby... Hehe. Awaiting all the gd news!!

Mine was both by pill... #1 inserted 2pills (12am & 8am) -vacuum assisted , #2 only 1 pill..
Agree with @sweetness ! Dont worry bout the unknown.. My #3 i aso no choice went natural with no pain killer, it is bearable...but lots of screaming n shouting! Lol.

@highness , im with dr ben tham, rarely hears c-sec done by him. Even as his patient, he shunned me off wen i ask abt c-sec procedure IN CASE i cant natural. But he is really a gd dr (in terms of friendliness, n able to talk alot). Stitching wise i feel v gd too.. But he tooo pro-natural leh.
My #1 was a c sec. So #2 oso done c sec lo. Juz went to see him ytd and I Nvr know ytd was to remove stitches! Cos my #1 no remove stitches at all, was those melt away type. So when he removed the plaster and say there'll be slight pain etc I oso blur. Untill he said done, stitches removed then I realised, Wakaka! But wound now all blue black. He say is bcos he injected steroid. Ugly leh...

@happycsk, @isenggirl, same here lah, can't sleep well n can only catch bk on sleep during daytime. Have ur babies engaged yet? Do u feel bb keep moving down? I get v bad heartburn lately.

Gynae mentioned bb went down already, so guess dats a positive sign. Feel so much pressure in my pelvic area and thighs. I stand and walk abit now gotta sit down and rest.

Yeah cant sleep well anymore. Here pain there pain haha… really like old woman.

@Skivewalker @cynn04 @isenggirl
me currently 39w2d...guess we around same time.... I hardly have contraction or BH now. Oso can't slp at nite. Practically wake up every 2 hrs to pee. Zzz. Tmr check up again. Though gynae say might be anytime this week but I think baby still quite comfy in there. Gynae didn't mention if baby is engaged. But I kp feeling her swimming downwards like want to dig a hole out of my v. N these 2 day having pain at around the pubic bone Near the v area. Like the bone is shifting or wat. Haha. Jia you ladies.

I like dr ben tham! If I am having second one I will sure go to him.

me currently 39w2d...guess we around same time.... I hardly have contraction or BH now. Oso can't slp at nite. Practically wake up every 2 hrs to pee. Zzz. Tmr check up again. Though gynae say might be anytime this week but I think baby still quite comfy in there. Gynae didn't mention if baby is engaged. But I kp feeling her swimming downwards like want to dig a hole out of my v. N these 2 day having pain at around the pubic bone Near the v area. Like the bone is shifting or wat. Haha. Jia you ladies.
That's the kind of feeling I'm getting! But will only know if engage or not through vaginal examination.

That's the kind of feeling I'm getting! But will only know if engage or not through vaginal examination.
Done another vaginal examination last wk. Gynae only mentioned I'm 2cm dilated. Hope I no need to go thru the check this wk. So painful the last round n i bled for 2 days straight. Almost thot I'm gg into labour cos of the heavy flow.

If ur pelvic feels pain, it could be rippen and ready to give birth.. i also hardly got contraction now 39wk2d same as u. Wake up every 2hrs to pee has happened to me since my third trimester. But I m planning to induce tml.. hehe.. keep telling my bb to come out on its own tml.. my bb head seems not engaged yet too..

I've abrasion on my right areola. Any remedies? Each time I pump so pain but cannot don't pump! Sigh.

U got nipple cream? Or u use ur breastmilk n dab ard the area n air dry it. Need do couple of times before it heals.. Use lowest suction for tat breast for the time being lor.

@highness , for my #2 my V stitch also got one or 2 being removed by dr tham when i went back for post review.. I tink not all stitches will dissolve bah.
Steriod jab will make ur tummy ugly meh? I tot tummy flabby is already the worst!! Must lift up my tummy at times jus to c my toes..haha. I still look like 4-5mths preg!! Arrrgghhh

If ur pelvic feels pain, it could be rippen and ready to give birth.. i also hardly got contraction now 39wk2d same as u. Wake up every 2hrs to pee has happened to me since my third trimester. But I m planning to induce tml.. hehe.. keep telling my bb to come out on its own tml.. my bb head seems not engaged yet too..
Smooth delivery tmr! Dont worry abt baby engage.
My husband hopes baby can come out tmr cos its his bday. Haha. But I seriously doubt so. N he has been psycho-ing baby since wks ago. haha.

Haha.. @furbee , the steroid jab make the area around the wound blue black leh. I actually worry abt the wound healing cos I keep feeling pain last week. But dr Ben oni give me gel to make the scar look nicer.

When I shower, can feel the wound pain wor.

Now not the time to worry abt flabby tummy. We Muz recover well first. ;)

Cool_y2, I also encountered the same situation and stayed an extra nite with baby. Am bringing my 19 days old girl to poly later for follow up check.. hope she will pass the blood test today.. don't be upset okie. . Just try to rest more.. I think I worried too much over the jaundice as well as a chickenpox hubby who still can't come home since baby was born.. so I actually am feeling very down.. and guess all these led to me falling sick with sore throat, flu, fever.. and not to mention engorged boobs etc etc.. thankfully I can turn to this forum to let go of my emotions.. sorry ladies for the negativity!
I hope everything will be well for every mummy here!!

Thanks @sweetness for encouragement.
I agreed that here's where we share out challenges and provide support to each other to go through bb birth and BF process.
Jia You everyone!! :)

@happycsk, @isenggirl, same here lah, can't sleep well n can only catch bk on sleep during daytime. Have ur babies engaged yet? Do u feel bb keep moving down? I get v bad heartburn lately.

Haha I also wish I can know but I don't know how engaged feels like and my gynae doesn't comment anything. Like @cynn04 he only say baby can come anytime. By next week don't come then induce. I also know....I am sure I don't want go overdue so I will decide to induce on due date Liao. Recently the BH feels so intense I cannot breathe and my throat feels stuck then I feel a bit like vomiting. Baby still kicking up a storm inside, doesn't feel like what they say - nearing labour will have reduced movements. Just not my time yet I guess.

Smooth delivery tmr!! Look forward to seeing more bb pics here! (esp my own lololol)

Same here. My tummy feels so hard esp at night. Doc said its BH. Bb has been swimming a lot too esp at night now. The stretching and BH are So painful that I can't sleep well. Always wake up with aches all over. Did VE on mon but cervix not opened yet so doc doesn't want to induce. VE is so uncomfortable.

Under wat circumstances will we need to do a VE? My gynae has nvr done dat for my firstborn or this one. Not dat I want him to lah…

Cynn04 when is your edd? My edd this Friday and if baby not out before Thursday I will be going induce on Friday Liao. Last check on cervix dilation was 1cm only. My baby still not very low. Usually not low gynae might not want check dilation. Happy08, when is your edd?

Cynn04 when is your edd? My edd this Friday and if baby not out before Thursday I will be going induce on Friday Liao. Last check on cervix dilation was 1cm only. My baby still not very low. Usually not low gynae might not want check dilation. Happy08, when is your edd?

My Edd is 27 May but cos of my GDM, gynae said that it's not good for bb n me to wait till full term. He wants to induce me before edd but cervix still tight

I see. I hoping baby can come out naturally within these 2 days. Never done induce before so hope it will also be a fast labour this time.

My gynae also nv do VE for me to check dilation. Think doesn't matter for him coz he wants labour to start natural or wait till EDD. Dilate or not he doesn't want to check now. :/

Went for check up today. I was hoping baby can come out soon (anxiety is really powerful during this waiting game). But gynae was saying baby head not fully engaged and there's still lots of fluid inside for baby to swim about.

I was wondering why gynae didn't induce, despite me having gestational diabetes.

Guess I gotta wait another week. Meanwhile, I shall enjoy baby's kicking first.

Oh by the way, my next checkup is next Monday and they advised me to go to the labour ward for CTG. Anyone had such similar experience before?

Went for check up today. I was hoping baby can come out soon (anxiety is really powerful during this waiting game). But gynae was saying baby head not fully engaged and there's still lots of fluid inside for baby to swim about.

I was wondering why gynae didn't induce, despite me having gestational diabetes.

Oh by the way, my next checkup is next Monday and they advised me to go to the labour ward for CTG. Anyone had such similar experience before?

I've been having CTG check since week 36, but I've mine at the clinic. Very simple one, to monitor yours n bb heartbeat. Need to lie down for 15-30 mins.

My bb head also abit engaged only and he's happily kicking inside! Aiyo on 1 hand i will miss him inside me but on the other, really wanna see him & hold him in my arms!

Thank you all! I also have dilemma of whether to let bb natural birth or induced.. but due to GDM my gynae said dun drag too long. I felt bb movements are still as active. Not reduced at all. am I mentally ready? I also dunno.. tml just go bah.. haha! :)

My edd this thurs, but my gynae nvr mention on inducing or other options if overdue. He still say see you next week lol. Guess based on my situation, everything is ok w baby and me so he rather i wait things out. Or he expect me to pop anytime soon. I dunno ah, maybe this one follow his sister oso plan to come out on edd.

Thank you all! I also have dilemma of whether to let bb natural birth or induced.. but due to GDM my gynae said dun drag too long. I felt bb movements are still as active. Not reduced at all. am I mentally ready? I also dunno.. tml just go bah.. haha! :)

I guess we will nvr be 100% ready? Even for me, second one, oso full of anxiety haha. Just hope for a smooth and short labour and baby is healthy and cute :)

Oh my...missing so many feeds after delivering on 06 May! :eek:

Induced via bursting water bag (with epidural) on 06 May at 38 weeks (EDD 17 May) due to very aged placenta and flat pelvic.

My baby girl was 2.96kg (discharged weight was 2.76kg) only yet I almost required an e-csec... Fortunately enough, 2 midwives + hubby helped to push my tummy but it hurt like hell and my 2nd princess was out!! Phew!

My gynae did an episiotomy on me...and now gonna be 2 weeks postpartum... It's still feeling kinda sore.

I had this hematoma (burst blood vessel in my V) during the delivery! Lost lotsa blood but din need any blood transfusion... Phew!

My current issue is that my milk supply seems low as compared to my #1 where I dun need to top up with fm at all. For my #1..I TBF for a year without much issue...got a deep freezer for all my milk stash.

Visited PD on 11 May for jaundice - cleared but no increased in birth weight... So revisited PD on 18 May...weight did increase though but it was 2.89kg...so a little far from 2.96kg. Gg back to PD nx Mon again to see if her weight surpass her birth weight or not...hiaz...

Currently...too much cluster feedings...like every 1.5hrs...i din get to pump (or too exhausted to pump)...dunno if i can persevere to TBF for my #2 or not...though I really wish too...:( *baby blue*

Hello mummies, I'm approaching 39 weeks end this week..gynae says bb head seems to be bigger and suggest inducing. his weight is 3kg now. I'm abit afraid of inducing as may lead to emer csect. Another option is to wait until nature takes its course but bb may be too big for natural later on. His cord is behind his neck so I'm also worried about this.

What do u think I should do - induce or wait?

i just had an induced delivery last fri morning on my EDD. I opted for epidural the same time my waterbag was broken and put on iv. tho i couldnt feel much with the epi but i could still push. baby came out v fast. 2 hour labour. i think epi is impt so u are able to relax and dilate without distressing your body and baby too much. jiayou!

I also have gdm n gynae initially wanted to induce me last week. I just did my growth scan n bb still growing OK. Seeing my gynae this thur to see if necessary to induce. I think gynae will only make the decision to induce if bb is too big, stop growing, placenta is aging etc.

I see. I hoping baby can come out naturally within these 2 days. Never done induce before so hope it will also be a fast labour this time.
U can try to walk a bit more. I realised I get more tightening and contractions if I walk alot. I just went shopping ytd for few hours then last night I could feel bb move downwards, lotsa BH n tightening. But I'm still waiting...

Under wat circumstances will we need to do a VE? My gynae has nvr done dat for my firstborn or this one. Not dat I want him to lah…
I think the gynae doesn't usually do unless u ask. I was examined last time when I went labour ward due to false alarms. V uncomfortable lah, n u will get spotting the next day.

Take care n have a smooth delivery. We will be cheering for u n bb!

E best thing abt this wk is dat im really indulgent in my food choices. (sorry mommies w GD!) chilli crab, prata, macs, desserts, etc. E thought of a mth of confinement food is sooo horrifying. But strangely i didnt gain much weight over past wk, just 100g. Apparently its ANOTHER sign of approaching labour, pfftttttt. Enough of all these signs and gimme the real deal k!!!

Nway hubby has been really supportive these past weeks. Took care of #1 and even volunteer to cook dinner n wash up sometimes. Will surprise me w snacks and treats. Feel very blessed already :)

Today bb checking his Thyroid and see they drew blood from the little vein out from back of his little hand..both me and hubby heart feel sooooooooo painful T_T. Now need to wait 2 hours for results. Hope everything is fine and he has no thyroid and no more blood test! The last time he had blood drew from his hand in hospital, took him abt 2weeks to recover from the blue black.

Jjmom, 2weeks v long leh. After they draw blood, must apply pressure for 5mins on the area if u able to do so..can minimise the chance of blueblack.. (For my case after i take blood test it helps)

Today bb checking his Thyroid and see they drew blood from the little vein out from back of his little hand..both me and hubby heart feel sooooooooo painful T_T. Now need to wait 2 hours for results. Hope everything is fine and he has no thyroid and no more blood test! The last time he had blood drew from his hand in hospital, took him abt 2weeks to recover from the blue black.

Aiyo so poor thing!!! I remember when my gal need to draw blood for jaundice last time, i nearly wanna cry when i heard her cry. Yup pray dat everything is good and no more blood tests!

Mummies, how much EBM should a 12 day old be able to take in 24 hours? I'm afraid that I'm over feeding my LO. He cues for 90ml every 3 hours - that's >700ml a day. *worried*

Hi.. need advise!! My girl now 4 weeks. Her face having a bad rash with yellow / white dots. Today just realise that her neck also have it. When she get angry or crying, her face's rash become brightly red. This make me more worry. Can anyone advise what should i put on her? Thks.

Jjmom, 2weeks v long leh. After they draw blood, must apply pressure for 5mins on the area if u able to do so..can minimise the chance of blueblack.. (For my case after i take blood test it helps)
Ya.. quite long for the bruise to disappear.. now once again. sigh.. hopefully last time and no more blood test. So worrying.. what if he has thyroid from me.. he would be on medication forever?

Aiyo so poor thing!!! I remember when my gal need to draw blood for jaundice last time, i nearly wanna cry when i heard her cry. Yup pray dat everything is good and no more blood tests!
Yes Cynn04...my hubby request them to draw from heel instead, just like drawing for jaundice.. but they say cannot. this test need to draw from back of hand... sob sob

Hi.. need advise!! My girl now 4 weeks. Her face having a bad rash with yellow / white dots. Today just realise that her neck also have it. When she get angry or crying, her face's rash become brightly red. This make me more worry. Can anyone advise what should i put on her? Thks.
@ivyang7779..is that heat rash?

@ivyang7779..is that heat rash?
Hello,

It could be neonatal acne which is common in babies. It looks like small red bumps with a whitish 'head' and can be seen on face or body. My girl has that since shes born. Shes more than a week old now. Consulted pd and he says its due to hormonal changes inside womb and its perfectly normal. Will resolve by itself. We didnt put anything on her but just bathe her daily and wipe her body in the afternoon to keep her cool and fresh. I also noticed the bumps subside when in aircon room.

O.. The acne.. My bb gal oso has it. On both cheeks n chin. I tot too heaty from my breast milk, haha..
I applying calendula cream on it. And change the mittens frequently.

C-sec mummies, by when u do not feel any pain from the wound? Anyone done massage already? I suppose all start showering le? :D

Back