(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Hi mummies, just delivered my baby 1 week ago. baby too comfy inside, so gynae suggest to induce at 41 weeks. I try to deliver normal, after endure 6 hours of labour pain without epidural and 7 cm dilated, baby distress. So went to emergency c-sect. Just recovering at home, think very emotional once back from hospital. Baby also got jaundice, like to sleep all the day. But if start breastfeed, seems like never ending one. Can continuously breastfeed for more than 2 hours.
How much ur hospital bill with emergency c-sec? Which hosp?

@cherrovski congratz!!

@mylilsheep , my bb aso can latch for almost 1 hr den i put him down zzz 15mins later wake up latch. More than a week, now i realised he only can empty one boobs, the other is jus 'pacifier'.. Ur bb is str8 latch 2hours den after slp 2hrs? Like tat how u have enuff rest??

Last edited:
i asked my gynae about my placenta, he doesnt seems to be worried at all, strangely. He only said that aging happens only after week40. Err..

So have u delivered yet?

Not yet delivered , next Tues will be week 38 will see what gynae advise....cause due to GD I got excess amnio fluid too.
I was intend try for VBAC but this 2 problem doest seem good to me. But anyway, most important things to be is baby is healthy and delivered safe later on.
:)

@cherrovski congratz!!

@mylilsheep , my bb aso can latch for almost 1 hr den i put him down zzz 15mins later wake up latch. More than a week, now i realised he only can empty one boobs, the other is jus 'pacifier'.. Ur bb is str8 latch 2hours den after slp 2hrs? Like tat how u have enuff rest??

My baby I latch about an hour. 30min one side.
But its so tiring at night.

My baby I latch about an hour. 30min one side.
But its so tiring at night.
My baby I latch for 10mins then she will fall asleep, so I have to pump out the milk of the other side. I don't know why she likes sleeping so much, most of the time sleeping, only wake up for milk every 3 hours then sleep through out another 3 hours. Maybe due to jaundice ba.

Hi all i have delivered my baby on 8 May also trying for normal delivery end up with emergency csect. Baby under special care because of cord blue. My milk haven't come out yet, nurse asked me to pump every 3hrs and nothing come out yet. My baby start crying if i feed her but no milk. Don't know what to do, breast feefing it's really challenging.

Don't be discouraged. My baby was also in special care and I couldn't latch him on at all. Nurses gave me the pump but I was too stressed and tired to pump. After I was discharged the next day, I just started pumping at home, every 2-3h for about 20 mins. No output never mind, just get the 'action' started. Every free minute I had, I just massaged my boobs. My milk came in on day 3. My baby was in hospital for 2 weeks due to g6pd. So I went down everyday to give the nurses my expressed breast milk and latch him on. And now that he's home, he's feeding every 2h for about 10-15 mins. If you really want to breastfeed baby, don't give up. It's super tiring but when you see baby satisfied after drinking your milk, it's like *love love love*. Good luck mummy!

My baby I latch for 10mins then she will fall asleep, so I have to pump out the milk of the other side. I don't know why she likes sleeping so much, most of the time sleeping, only wake up for milk every 3 hours then sleep through out another 3 hours. Maybe due to jaundice ba.

Yea jaundice affects bb milk intake. Mine also sleep alot during the 1st week, the max was 5hrs straight. Jus cant get him to suckle. Now more den 10days old jaundice level is dropping, he also wakes up every 3hourly. I been latching n top up 90ml bottle feed him so that he can pee n poop more, hoping to clear his jaundice b4 he turns a mth old.

@Vinka , first 3-5days is the most stressful period when ur milk does flow and ur bb crying makes u more upset. Dont be..jus like what @littleladybug mentioned, pump 3hourly to stimulate ur flow, colostrum should be in by now, den ur hindmilk bout day 5.. Dont give up!! We are all here to give support, and also facing same situation one way or another :)

@isenggirl , i tot as long dont totally submerge in the tub can liao? Amd after bathing just dab dry and wipe with alcohol swap and also use the umbilical cord powder 2x a day to keep it dry..

Hi all i have delivered my baby on 8 May also trying for normal delivery end up with emergency csect. Baby under special care because of cord blue. My milk haven't come out yet, nurse asked me to pump every 3hrs and nothing come out yet. My baby start crying if i feed her but no milk. Don't know what to do, breast feefing it's really challenging.
Congrats vinka. It is indeed very challenging. I am still struggling with it myself now. But don't give up n stay positive.

Is bb REALLY feeding .. Or just hanging on ur titties and sleeping.?? If bb sleeps more than sucking /drinking. Take bb OFF UR BREAST .wake bb up .. Loosen their wraps , tickle bbs hands /arm/ or used a damp towel on bbs face . Make sure bbs really awake , offer breast again Bb should start to suck if hungry. If not put bb down , u go and have a nap until the next feeding timing . You must eat / drink and rest enough for u to provide for ur bb . Good luck !!
thanks @LovesNewBorns, the problem is when I put him on the bed, he will continously crying looking for breast. But if he really sleep, he really can sleep very long.

@ furbee, think my baby might also take my boobs as pacifiers. On the other side, I always feels that he did not have enough milk.

Yeah I agree breastfeeding is very challenging and tiring. I am so tired and want to give up. Every time baby still look for breast even I have latch him for 2 hours plus, I have been so tired, I just give him formula milk to make him sleep. Otherwise, baby would not let me sleep at all.

Ya i feel u too.but slowly bb will reject our boobs if continue bottle feed for long period... Sigh. I wan bf but m too tired too... Pumping out seems least tiring for now.. :(

Congrats to all mommies who just delivered!

Yeah the challenge comes ahead esp for breastfeeding. It's really ok to top up with fm, dun feel guilty abt it. I tink maintain ur sanity is the first thing, and ask for help when really cannot tahan.

I haven deliver yet, my hubby see me washing my pump already making jokes dat he needs to spend how much how much on fm. Aiya i oso dun care ah, got milk then good lor, dun hv oso liddat.

Jiayou to all!

Ya i feel u too.but slowly bb will reject our boobs if continue bottle feed for long period... Sigh. I wan bf but m too tired too... Pumping out seems least tiring for now.. :(

Haiz. . I m having the same problem too. He can latch on for an hour or more but sleep only for a while. I got no choice but top up with formula milk. He gets hiccup quite often too, my PD asked me to bottle feed him. Now I try to pump out my milk, but very little. Does your baby get choke easily when you breastfeed or bottle feed him? It really scare me when I see him choke..

Congrats! I think i might face the same problem as everyone.. guess we just jia you ourselves and keep trying our best!

@isenggirl , i tot as long dont totally submerge in the tub can liao? Amd after bathing just dab dry and wipe with alcohol swap and also use the umbilical cord powder 2x a day to keep it dry..

Woah.. where to get umbilical cord powder? Now I wonder if I bought enough stuff for bb..

Now i am still looking at thermometer..dunno if to get ear or forehead one. Any inputs? Some said forehead not accurate but ear very hard to get reading from bb..

Woah.. where to get umbilical cord powder? Now I wonder if I bought enough stuff for bb..

Now i am still looking at thermometer..dunno if to get ear or forehead one. Any inputs? Some said forehead not accurate but ear very hard to get reading from bb..

I have extra powder for the umbilical cord. PD issue one. One open, just use twice and the other one still in box.
Anyone want it? I can bless it to u

Discharged today with little one. Thankfully she passed her jaundice test. Was afraid that her g6pd defienciency and exclusive breastfeeding thus far may render her levels too high. Plus, shes a borderline premie too. So thankful and relieved. At the same time guilty that shes brought into this world at week 36 cos my waterbag burst early.

I just got the umbilical powder from pd. you can ask ur pd when u discharged fr hospital. My PD oso told me just use the normal thermometer put under his armpit one. Coz more accurate.

Haiz. . I m having the same problem too. He can latch on for an hour or more but sleep only for a while. I got no choice but top up with formula milk. He gets hiccup quite often too, my PD asked me to bottle feed him. Now I try to pump out my milk, but very little. Does your baby get choke easily when you breastfeed or bottle feed him? It really scare me when I see him choke..
How often u top up with formula? I am still trying not to often give my bb fm but I am scared he did not have enuf milk to drink. My bb always hiccup after drink too much milk. Pd said is normal so no need to worry. Get choke if drink too fast esp bottle feed.

After reading thru I realised I am not alone with breastfeeding issues. I get so emotional and stress over it. He's not latching then worried if got milk. Sigh I can't really feel the joy of celebrating mother day today and it such a happy occasion for new mummies

Thank you all for your support!! I pump every 3 hrs for 30mins hopefully can feed on baby soon. I gave baby formula milk for time being and use cup to feed her. Nurses told me not to use milk bottle as she may reject our nipple after that. Jia you all mommies. Here I attached my baby pic.
ImageUploadedByForum1431250128.124123.jpg

How often u top up with formula? I am still trying not to often give my bb fm but I am scared he did not have enuf milk to drink. My bb always hiccup after drink too much milk. Pd said is normal so no need to worry. Get choke if drink too fast esp bottle feed.

I give my baby formula milk at least 3 times a day.. I know that he is not enough as he cries after breastfeed and refuse to sleep.

My bb only chokes when i breastfeed him :( too fast the letdown. Within 15mins can choke 3x really scary! Dont worry how many times fm u feed baby, jus use the chance to build up ur milk supply.. :) jiayou!
Too much bottle feed really affects bb wen comes to breast feed :(

@momocrv , depends on hospital or unless u got specific brand. I use enfamil A+ at tmc..
If bb purely on fm, den need to monitor the no of times bb poo..cos some fm too 'heaty' may cause constipation.. Try to breastfeed or express out for baby at least the first 6mths..

@Vinka , congratz on ur beautiful girl!!
Anyway, u pump 30mins one side or 15mins each side? Beginning stage dont over extert ur nipples too much cos can get sore by pumping... The LC told me minimum 7min , max 12min ..but i drag to 15mins. First few days i kenna slight infection from the sore. Remember apply nipple cream if start to feel sore or cracks wor!

My bb only chokes when i breastfeed him :( too fast the letdown. Within 15mins can choke 3x really scary! Dont worry how many times fm u feed baby, jus use the chance to build up ur milk supply.. :) jiayou!

@momocrv , depends on hospital or unless u got specific brand. I use enfamil A+ at tmc..
If bb purely on fm, den need to monitor the no of times bb poo..cos some fm too 'heaty' may cause constipation.. Try to breastfeed or express out for baby at least the first 6mths..

Anyway, u pump 30mins one side or 15mins each side? Beginning stage dont over extert ur nipples too much cos can get sore by pumping... The LC told me minimum 7min , max 12min ..but i drag to 15mins. First few days i kenna slight infection from the sore. Remember apply nipple cream if start to feel sore or cracks wor!

Ya.. the choking part really scare me too. Oh dear, I can pump more than half an hour on one side.. no wonder I feel pain after that.

Hi furbee,
Thanks for your greeting!
I pump each side for 5 mins.. Finally the milk start to come out this morning but very little. Yeah must slowly and not too stress. Let our body produce naturally.

Yeah great tat ur milk came in already.. Ya loh cannot stress if not will affect the amount of output aso... Lol. But how can not b stress with the bb cries n hot hot hot weather! Lol

My baby got jaundice when discharge. Went back review 1 week ago and PD said the reading is stabilize but need to do sunbathing everyday. But now already over a week, the yellowish still on baby skin. How long does it takes to go away?

Just to share: Uniqlo airism bra top going at $19.90 (U.P. $29.90) on uniqlo online store only. Valid till 14 May.

Visited gynae last weekend. W38 baby weighing 3.2kg. Gynae says +/- 15% off the weight which gives me 2.75kg or perhaps heavier. I am just worried about not being able to give birth naturally.
No signs of labour yet...gynae discourage induce and suggest to monitor and see progress of baby weight and labour first. He feels inducing have a higher chance of emer c sect because baby is ready to come out but the cervix is not ready at all. :(

Hi happycsk. . Don't worry too much.. just let nature take its course.. mine came out at 39w3d weighing at 3.3kg, natural w/o epi.. The contractions just hit at 6am and I started preparing to go hospital. Reached hospital at 9 am and baby was out at 9:43am.
So.. don't think too much.. just enjoy the time when baby is in u! Jiayou!

Hi gleaflim, my baby got jaundice too.. highest reading at 222 when she was 8 days old. Today at 12 days old, the reading is 126. The doc said they expect jaundice to clear up after 10 days when baby's liver start maturing. I still have to go back next week for follow up check too.. hope it will be below 100 so that poor baby no need to go thru more blood tests.. my poor girl has already been pricked 5x since birth for those blood tests..

Hi mummie:)
My hubby n myself have been blessed in abundance with the arrival our baby girl on 9th May.
Gave birth via csect, n our Queen entered e world weighing 4.35kg n 57cm tall.
Thank u to all mummies here for all ur care, concern, support, sharing n encouragemnt throughout tis beautiful journey of ours.
Happy Mother's Day!:))

Hi mummie:)
My hubby n myself have been blessed in abundance with the arrival our baby girl on 9th May.
Gave birth via csect, n our Queen entered e world weighing 4.35kg n 57cm tall.
Thank u to all mummies here for all ur care, concern, support, sharing n encouragemnt throughout tis beautiful journey of ours.
Happy Mother's Day!:))

Amazing! 57cm is really tall!
Congrats Sheran!

Visited gynae last weekend. W38 baby weighing 3.2kg. Gynae says +/- 15% off the weight which gives me 2.75kg or perhaps heavier. I am just worried about not being able to give birth naturally.
No signs of labour yet...gynae discourage induce and suggest to monitor and see progress of baby weight and labour first. He feels inducing have a higher chance of emer c sect because baby is ready to come out but the cervix is not ready at all. :(

hey there im alrd 39+3days today. seems like no sign of labour yet too. :( baby was 2.95kg at 38+6days. hope theres some action coming soon.

Me too, still playing the waiting game at 38+4 days. Just finished my gynae visit n bb is est 3kg. No signs of bb coming out soon tho aiya. Im waddling ard like a penguin, quite unglam haha!

Hello guys, my child is 19 Months i intend to enroll him in a Playgroup. My friends have been suggesting A montessori for my child and after my re-search, modern montessori is one of the top schools mentioned! any reccomendations

Me too, still playing the waiting game at 38+4 days. Just finished my gynae visit n bb is est 3kg. No signs of bb coming out soon tho aiya. Im waddling ard like a penguin, quite unglam haha!
ya man, i think im pretty late. edd 15th. everyday hoping to deliver. and im still going to work, dont wanna start maternity leave in case baby is late and waste my leave. :/

Hi happycsk. . Don't worry too much.. just let nature take its course.. mine came out at 39w3d weighing at 3.3kg, natural w/o epi.. The contractions just hit at 6am and I started preparing to go hospital. Reached hospital at 9 am and baby was out at 9:43am.
So.. don't think too much.. just enjoy the time when baby is in u! Jiayou!
sweetness, your delivery is super fast and smooth... envious.

Back