(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

I'm having a boy :) Does your gynae deliver at both TMC and Mt A? I delivered my #1 at TMC, took a 2-bedder but had the room to myself. Okay I supposed? Nurses were more busy, took awhile to respond to me. Went to visit frens at Mt A before, seems cosier and the nurses more attentive. Just a feel only, you might wanna go for both hospital tours if have the time.
yes i agree, should go for the tours and cm to a decision quickly...no time liao..haha! my doc delivers at both hsps...

I cannot remember how fast is the ballooning, just dat most of my weight gain was in the third tri. Sadly, I never lost all of my weight gain. Maybe subconsciously hoping for a #2 so why bother losing all the weight only to gain it back hahaha. Ahhh the beauty of excuses.....

Btw the most I heard was a fren's wife gaining 30kg :eek:

30kg?!?! That's alot!

Just a sharing on my stay at TMC (2011 & 2013) I tried 2bedded, single bed and deluxe single at Tmc.. I must say the better the 'price' the better n more attention given..

2bedded- i asked for milo from 1am, did not come till i was push to delivery room. Den i requested for bread and milo again!

1 bedded - crowded during visiting hours as there are more rooms, nurses try their best to respond but couple of times they forget to bring in bb (cos bb was slping n relatives wann to see). Only brought bb when she cried for milk.

Deluxe single- much quieter, or maybe cos i gotten the last room at end of row... Nurses seems more friendly ...

Overall, i think its the confinement food at the hospital that is tasty.. Haha. Cant expect much from the nurses esp this year is baby booming year, so i hope the hospital bill dun balloon so much... I will still take single bed unless last min got complications or what den i will downgrade lor.

Hmm i agree service shld be better if u stay in suite bah haha! Maybe dats y my nurses mia during my stay keke. Im pretty happy with TMC food tho. Considering to take a single room this time since my stay is claimable fr my hubby's company as part of their benefits. Will decide when closer to date, just in case any complications.

Maybe dats y i feel Mt A cosier, everyone i visited there b4 is single bed or suite lol.

No nausea but tummy feels very tight. Put on 5kg and entering 3rd trimester soon.

I started with 41 kg and now almost hit 50 kg. I never eat more than one portion and wondering why I gain so much weight. My tummy feels very tight and hard like rock also. I m not sure is it becoz of the bloatedness or what. Some times I need to bend a little while walking or standing as can feel lower abdomen very tight and hard.

Anyone drank Longan & Red Date during pregnancy? i have been craving this drink like crazy and have been consuming the ready made (AllSwell) drink.
I have tried to read up on this concern but most of the mummies are taking it as a confiment/postnatal drink. Must i be concerned/stop immediatly?

I tink i gained like 4kg so far. Tmr gynae checkup so will see how big bb is. Generally bmi lower pre preg, tend to gain more weight. I gained 16kg last time! The last tri really really ballooned :( trying to control more on wat i eat, just as well cos my appetite not as good this time round.

I forgot to apply stretchmark cream on my butt for past few months and got stretchmarks already!! Booohooo!! (altho who will see my buttcheeks right lololol) So ladies pls apply diligently to avoid looking like a watermelon.
@cynn04, how do you know u got stretchmarks on ur butt already? I got problem seeing my butt ... even now I cannot see my upper leg anymore.

I started with 41 kg and now almost hit 50 kg. I never eat more than one portion and wondering why I gain so much weight. My tummy feels very tight and hard like rock also. I m not sure is it becoz of the bloatedness or what. Some times I need to bend a little while walking or standing as can feel lower abdomen very tight and hard.

i am stepping into my 7th month soon and only put on 5 kg only...first trimester lost 3 kg. But my gynae always maintains "peace"..haha! by assuring that so long as bb is growing, then should not be a concern. I too feel my tummy tightness

Anyone drank Longan & Red Date during pregnancy? i have been craving this drink like crazy and have been consuming the ready made (AllSwell) drink.
I have tried to read up on this concern but most of the mummies are taking it as a confiment/postnatal drink. Must i be concerned/stop immediatly?
have been drinking bird nest with red dates and dried longan prepared by my mum. So far ok. longan in moderation as it is heaty. And pregnant women body constitution are hot in nature. Red dates nourish the blood. Jus that ready made drink I dunno if there is any added sugar.

have been drinking bird nest with red dates and dried longan prepared by my mum. So far ok. longan in moderation as it is heaty. And pregnant women body constitution are hot in nature. Red dates nourish the blood. Jus that ready made drink I dunno if there is any added sugar.

@ sunstarmoon: thank you soo much for sharing. im sure the ready made ones got some added sugar content ...maybe i should just start preparing it at home hor. As for the birdnest, have been consuming the BRANDS ones.never tot all this could be prepared in 1 blend...even better.:)

@ sunstarmoon: thank you soo much for sharing. im sure the ready made ones got some added sugar content ...maybe i should just start preparing it at home hor. As for the birdnest, have been consuming the BRANDS ones.never tot all this could be prepared in 1 blend...even better.:)

What advantages does taking bird's nest do ah?

Complexion really changes due to hormones. Ultra dry now everywhere incl face even tho I dun on aircon at nite. Weird cos i previously have oily skin, end up now hv to moisturize moisturize moisturize. Makeup become very difficult :(

What have you ladies bought so far for the bb? Other than a chest of drawers for additional bb clothes storage I haven bought anything else hahaha…

Ya I'm also curious how prepared you ladies are?

I bought some clothes, swaddles, steriliser n warmer only so far. Feel rather ill-prepared!

Bird nest is rich in protein, collagen.... helps to strengthen immune system and contribute to radiant youthful complexion. Hopefully all these utrients can pass on to the baby. Baby girl must have beautiful skin. Hahaha

I bought some clothes, swaddles, steriliser n warmer only so far. Feel rather ill-prepared!

I think what u bought is sufficient for newborn...plus some booties n mittens, hankerchiefs, bottles.
I think its good to buy more after bb born so u will have more idea on what is neccessary n what is not... :)

Bird nest is rich in protein, collagen.... helps to strengthen immune system and contribute to radiant youthful complexion. Hopefully all these utrients can pass on to the baby. Baby girl must have beautiful skin. Hahaha

Ya i agree, can see the differences when bb born... Even drinking from the bottled bird nest n those pure home cooked also can make difference to the bb complexion.. But it depends on individual thinking too.
:rolleyes:

Ya i agree, can see the differences when bb born... Even drinking from the bottled bird nest n those pure home cooked also can make difference to the bb complexion.. But it depends on individual thinking too.

Really???? Tried n tested by u ladies? Any time during the pregnancy can drink?

Do u all drink coconut water in 3rd tri? I read in jan forum some of them drank coconut water from wk 32

I think what u bought is sufficient for newborn...plus some booties n mittens, hankerchiefs, bottles.
I think its good to buy more after bb born so u will have more idea on what is neccessary n what is not... :)

thanks! I think i will need to get breast pump at least..tthinking oof getting a spectra S1 or M1

Yep bottled n home cook have difference. Cos there's diff types and grade of bird nest in market. home cook u can add more and adjust sweetness too.

So baby when birth will be cleaner. Less blood and placenta stuff on baby. But drink in moderation cos coconut is cold in nature. drink too much might trigger early birth. Heard drink 1 or 2 per week in the last month or so will do.

Must be the old coconut kind right? The one that's green colour. Also just to drink the water n not to eat the fruit coz may be too heaty

Not sure if birds nest really works in having fair and pretty complexion for the baby… i took quite a bit but my gal came out oso very dark skinned lol. Follow the daddy's genes. She is 3 now and I'm still fairer than her alamak!

But i'm super amazed by the coconut water thingy. Cannot fathom why by drinking it, baby comes out not as bloody?? Definitely works. Can start drinking in the last mth.

I got too much rompers I think. Hahhaha.... most are hands down rompers. So I just bought some long pants and long sleeves top. Got swaddles, cloth diapers, nail clipper, just one bottle, Clevacushion (support cushion for baby).
Cot and stroller blessed from friends.

Just need to get pillows, towels, thermometer, some disposable diapers, maternity pads, and more front button tops.

Not sure if birds nest really works in having fair and pretty complexion for the baby… i took quite a bit but my gal came out oso very dark skinned lol. Follow the daddy's genes. She is 3 now and I'm still fairer than her alamak!

But i'm super amazed by the coconut water thingy. Cannot fathom why by drinking it, baby comes out not as bloody?? Definitely works. Can start drinking in the last mth.

I still cant take coconut water. Dont like the taste tho. I will try to force drink it once I hit 32 weeks, I suppose. All for the sake of the baby.

Oh no!! Are we supposedly not able to drink this?? Have been drinking it for the last 2 weeks..lol..

Ok ignore my previous msges..as i read on it seems that its ok to drink it :)

Currently in KL right now and im sure i will eat alot!!! Next visit with gynae for sure will get scolding...i am very2 sure i will gain another 4kg at least..

But how to not gain weight??!!!

I gain about 10kg already and I am only in my week 26 :( but my gynae tell me not to worry too much as the weight gain is on bb, placenta and water etc...nevertheless I still continue with my daily walk of 40mins

Now can drink bird nest.. But dont tk too frequent.. I think max once a week.. I forget wats the reason wen my in law told me. But i take once a month cos too ex. Lol.
Actually no scientific link for bird nest n fair skin...think old wives tales bah....but i jus took n my gals r v fair cos me n hub not so fair... My sil took bottled but her 3 skins all very tanned...haha maybe follow my bro gene...

i also took coconut drink (my enemy), bb came out lesser bloody n not so messy.. But i only drink 2x during my 38wk...

Which bottled bird nest brand did u ladies consume pls?

Hi mummies, I'm expecting a boy due in May. Do we have any Facebook group or whatapps group for May'15 mummies? Can I join if there is?

hi all, I sell good quality bird nests, am distributor to ZTP, fuhua etc therefore price is better than shops, for those who doesnt know how to cook, I have ready cooked ones in bottles with flavours too, delivery to destination can be arranged if order 100g and above, do send me a message w/c casper8813 to enquire or order. Thanks.

Which bottled bird nest brand did u ladies consume pls?

Im taking brands birds nest. Actually, whoever gives me wat then I take lor. My mother say too lay chey to brew birds nest for me and gave me bottled ones lolol. Tell me its the same thing! Tsk tsk

Same! Very uncomfortable after eating. My current weight same as yours but my starting weight was higher.

I still cant take coconut water. Dont like the taste tho. I will try to force drink it once I hit 32 weeks, I suppose. All for the sake of the baby.

Actually doesnt matter if you dun drink it, cos coconut water dun really hv any health benefits for the baby! Jus dat when he/she comes out will be 'cleaner' dats all! (And pictures look nicer haha) No need to force yourself :)

Actually doesnt matter if you dun drink it, cos coconut water dun really hv any health benefits for the baby! Jus dat when he/she comes out will be 'cleaner' dats all! (And pictures look nicer haha) No need to force yourself :)

i have heard abt this "cleaner" bb skin belif before..is it true? i use to drink it during Month 4 of pregnancy, but stop after a fren shared it induces labour!

i have heard abt this "cleaner" bb skin belif before..is it true? i use to drink it during Month 4 of pregnancy, but stop after a fren shared it induces labour!

coz coconut is cooling...so advice is to take nearer to birth date. Quite interesting though, when i hear from friends who took vs didn't take. Got difference in terms of the "cleaner" part. But must remember to take the green kind

Hi mummies,

I am in my 23rd week this week and so far i gained about less than 3kg. I lost 4kg in first tri. I have been skinny and lanky all my life and has been receiving comments from people like why my bump so small and my limbs so skinny. Been trying to deal with these comments. So far babygirl's weight is in the 60th percentile though and shes super active haha. Jiayou mummies! I cant imagine the growth spurt u girls talking abt in third tri!

i fil llike ive eaten 10kg of spice...hahaha! Dun know to identify it as indigestion or heartburn,,,haizzzz

i fil llike ive eaten 10kg of spice...hahaha! Dun know to identify it as indigestion or heartburn,,,haizzzz

How come? what did you eat?

Hi mummies,

I am in my 23rd week this week and so far i gained about less than 3kg. I lost 4kg in first tri. I have been skinny and lanky all my life and has been receiving comments from people like why my bump so small and my limbs so skinny. Been trying to deal with these comments. So far babygirl's weight is in the 60th percentile though and shes super active haha. Jiayou mummies! I cant imagine the growth spurt u girls talking abt in third tri!

Glad to hear bb is growing well! I can't wait to see my boy during this sat appt

How heavy is your bb girl now?

Back