(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

the prick isnt pain one. initially for the lancet setting, set it to the lowest.... haha if u set to max sure damn pain.

zzz my hb was talking to me abt... novomix and novorapid (insulin jabs) last night. oops. i was curling up saying..eeee...eee dont want dont want.
yah set it to lowest it is enuff to create bleeding already :p

huh? why he scare you like that

the prick isnt pain one. initially for the lancet setting, set it to the lowest.... haha if u set to max sure damn pain.

zzz my hb was talking to me abt... novomix and novorapid (insulin jabs) last night. oops. i was curling up saying..eeee...eee dont want dont want.

Haha, ya lor.. I don't wana jab insulin also.. I have enough jab.. ya I set to no.1 coz 0.5 can't squeeze anything out..

induce 38wks meaning 1st week of jan .. the 1st jubilee baby :p

yes dun worry too much just do what you can ... since alot of thing beyond our control

Thanks, yap. I do what I can, ok la.. treat as healthy weight control. Ya the nurse told me sometimes its beyond out control.

Haha, ya lor.. I don't wana jab insulin also.. I have enough jab.. ya I set to no.1 coz 0.5 can't squeeze anything out..
Thanks, yap. I do what I can, ok la.. treat as healthy weight control. Ya the nurse told me sometimes its beyond out control.

so yours will be the 1st baby of Jan mummies lolz

Still coughing but at least today got some voice back. At night cough till v jialat lei. Got prescribed some medicine like leftose and danzen, din eat the full amt cos really don't wanna eat too much med. scared not good for baby. :(
It's the cough then back pain at the sprained spot that is really killing me tho..
I only saw my GP, not Kkh.

get well soon :) kanna cough is bad enuf when not pregnant.pregnant got cough more xin ku,gotto carry tummy to prevent impact of shaking when coughing..

aiya... after a few discussions with HB, though PIL has helper...we decided to get a sterilizer ... oops... can you gals share with me how much you pay for yours and the brand please?

aiya... after a few discussions with HB, though PIL has helper...we decided to get a sterilizer ... oops... can you gals share with me how much you pay for yours and the brand please?

Are you getting only the sterilizer? The sterilizer alone quite exp leh, cuz they usually bundle with bottle warmer, starter kit etc....

I bought the Avent bundle at the taka fair, came w sterilizer, bottle warmer, 3 or 4 bottles, cleaning brush, one pack of wash cloth, 2 pacifiers, 1 nursing shawl, $20 taka voucher, all for $199.

Yes, just looking for sterilizer...
I have an Avent for myself and an Pigeon at my mum's place, bought during Philips and Pigeon warehouse sale.

If looking for BN sterilizer alone, not worth it to buy from dept store, imo. Maybe u wanna check out the Preloved Baby Goods FB page... I just saw one BNIB one on sale ytd night...

Think www.babyexpo.com.sg has a Avent bundle deal now for $173, u can check it out.

image.jpg

I have an Avent for myself and an Pigeon at my mum's place, bought during Philips and Pigeon warehouse sale.

If looking for BN sterilizer alone, not worth it to buy from dept store, imo. Maybe u wanna check out the Preloved Baby Goods FB page... I just saw one BNIB one on sale ytd night...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152799962519114&set=gm.666259840154450&type=1&theater

If can wait, maybe u wanna wait till Isetan Private Sale in December... at least IPS usually got 20% discount minimum...

When I signed up with Cordlife at Baby Expo, they gave me a Hanil (Korean brand) UV sterilizer (worth about $300) for free.

Thanks for the link to the free diapers. I'm not planning to buy NB diapers. Hopefully these samples can last me till baby wear size S.

I haven't receive my Merries samples yet, but Dryers send 3-4 pieces, Huggies 2 pieces... Most size S diapers from 4kg onwards leh...

Are you expecting to deliver a big baby??

I bought 2 packs of NB diapers (Goon and Bosomi) first, total around 150 pcs, then decide whether to upgrade to S after birth...

Hi mummies, is it worth getting sterilizer or use traditional way to use hot water to boil the bottles? My mil says use traditional can save money but my friend says it's troublesome. So we buy online is also safe like buying from malls?

I haven't receive my Merries samples yet, but Dryers send 3-4 pieces, Huggies 2 pieces... Most size S diapers from 4kg onwards leh...

Are you expecting to deliver a big baby??

I bought 2 packs of NB diapers (Goon and Bosomi) first, total around 150 pcs, then decide whether to upgrade to S after birth...
I don't think i will expect a big baby. But NB diapers if cannot finish wasted leh... And hospital will usually open 1-2 packs to use and those unused, we get to bring back. Anyway i see how.. if really not enough then see if baby can fit size S, otherwise just buy last min. Luckily i got a kim sang outlet near my place. :)

Hi mummies, is it worth getting sterilizer or use traditional way to use hot water to boil the bottles? My mil says use traditional can save money but my friend says it's troublesome. So we buy online is also safe like buying from malls?
i think it's worth getting a sterilizer. Saves the hassel of boiling the water and looking after the stove. Besides, the sterilising is not just for the bottles.. includes pump parts as well. And during confinement, the stove will be occupied for the cooking.. if you are on a budget, can look for pre-loved. i saw a few selling... i bought a pre-loved avent to put at my mum's place, cost me $30 only.

I don't think i will expect a big baby. But NB diapers if cannot finish wasted leh... And hospital will usually open 1-2 packs to use and those unused, we get to bring back. Anyway i see how.. if really not enough then see if baby can fit size S, otherwise just buy last min. Luckily i got a kim sang outlet near my place. :)

i think it's worth getting a sterilizer. Saves the hassel of boiling the water and looking after the stove. Besides, the sterilising is not just for the bottles.. includes pump parts as well. And during confinement, the stove will be occupied for the cooking.. if you are on a budget, can look for pre-loved. i saw a few selling... i bought a pre-loved avent to put at my mum's place, cost me $30 only.

and not to mention, if u boil the bottles, u run the risk of destroying them if you forget to turn off the flame. that is going to be a real hazard too ... whereas with a steriliser it will auto shut-off after 6 mins (not sure abt the cleaning time for the pigeon steriliser but at least that is so for the avent one).

also if u use the boiling method, i tink it is better to use a pot that is dedicated for this purpose. else... ur bottles are going to get all sortso f weird smells and u run the risk of contamination too

and not to mention, if u boil the bottles, u run the risk of destroying them if you forget to turn off the flame. that is going to be a real hazard too ... whereas with a steriliser it will auto shut-off after 6 mins (not sure abt the cleaning time for the pigeon steriliser but at least that is so for the avent one).

also if u use the boiling method, i tink it is better to use a pot that is dedicated for this purpose. else... ur bottles are going to get all sortso f weird smells and u run the risk of contamination too

Yes this is very true...even tho my PIL has helper... HB and I are very skeptical that this helper is that attentive enough to watch the fire and such ... so we better stick to steam steriliser... easy to use something the HB also know, just put water and on the switch after washing the bottle...doubt my hb knows how to light up the stove hahaha

haha and today i was firing him with this question : Why is it that for a normal person, a reading of say, 8.4 (like u and me) doesnt warrant any medical intervention (Won't even start metformin ok)? But for a preggie woman, the same reading may cause the dr to start insulin and so on?

As the answer turns out... it all boils down to...... ECONOMIC COST. :) If u r interested to know, I can share his answer with u.

yah set it to lowest it is enuff to create bleeding already :p

huh? why he scare you like that
he acty wasnt scaring me. he was asking me if i am willing to consider. but as of now... he says discuss w gynae first. tho i told him... i have a feeling... gynae will say... u settle this cos u r the expert.

Yes this is very true...even tho my PIL has helper... HB and I are very skeptical that this helper is that attentive enough to watch the fire and such ... so we better stick to steam steriliser... easy to use something the HB also know, just put water and on the switch after washing the bottle...doubt my hb knows how to light up the stove hahaha
haha dont talk abt helper...last time my FIL also forgot abt the orange peel he was steaming ...and there was a huge mess after tt. and not to mentio...he got a big scolding fr my mil. he has also forgot to turn off the flame while boiling water...forget to turn off the rice cooker ..kenna kpkb by my mil lor

normal 2D scan nia, but my gynae's machine quite clear de. So can see his "mo". Although the gynae says, "there....u see" I was like "huh, where?" But ok lah, slowly make out the "mo mo"
My baby also super size, with 2.1+ kg on 30 weeks3D, but my glukose level is normal. When doc see the growth chart, he said he will become 4 kg when due date if not control weight by now. but, me my self only gain <8 kg overall. :confused::confused::oops:

Thank you for sharing. I nvr think so much. I will shop for avent then.

Btw any mummies using sk2 products throughout preggie? I have the miracle water but stop using since preg. I check the official website but it nvr mention safe for preg leh.

My baby also super size, with 2.1+ kg on 30 weeks3D, but my glukose level is normal. When doc see the growth chart, he said he will become 4 kg when due date if not control weight by now. but, me my self only gain <8 kg overall. :confused::confused::oops:
wah!

Btw any mummies using sk2 products throughout preggie? I have the miracle water but stop using since preg. I check the official website but it nvr mention safe for preg leh.

You mean the SKII facial treatment essence? Oh dear, I've been using it through out. I googled the safety of skincare products during preg, and was told to avoid whitening products. Switched my night cream and day cream to organic products from Body Shop. But the SKII treatment essence I continue to use as toner.

Thank you for sharing. I nvr think so much. I will shop for avent then.

as long as it doenst contain retinol..it is ok i believe

Ya my doc also says will go to 4kg at this rate lol. Sian today had sinful breakfast somemore. Butter kaya toast haizzzz.

yah wah ..
Now have to reduce evry daily meals. but I thk for the last two trisemester I control the weight gain very pratically by counting on daily calories consump and add on some fruits in daily 3 meals. Now, not more supper at night cox sometimes willl drink maternal milk and take a bite on biscuit.

I read reviews at amazon bout 3 in 1 avent sterializer. Alot of pple say got burnt smell after a few months use. So I dunno whether to get it or not. So now I looking more at pigeon one

Back