(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Not sure if 生化汤 is the one with those small red flowers. But anyway, ladies pls buy and enquire only at reputable medical hall for these kind of herbs. Get the correct dosage advise and the no of days u have to drink. Nv overdo it. It can be life threatening. My sil bleed non-stop during her first wk of confinement. Gotten call in e ambulance coz there was too much blood. And have to be op on immediately. Doc says any later, might have to remove her uterus. Doc says might be due to chinese herbs taken. Sil suspect might be the 生化汤 her mil bought. Anyway.... Juz take note and be careful.
that is serious leh ...

anyway IMHO best to avoid herbal during that one month confinement cos some herbal also affect BM supply so why take the risk ...

wah, ya its the one with red flower. I will check with my TCM to see if its ok, any conflict with bm.
I had it twice and I am fine, brought from the same medical hall. My sis took it and she is fine too, she took 2 pkt for consecutive day.
My TCM said 5 pkt but the medical hall uncle say 2 is more than enough.

I guess its up to individual, like what @PTB7674 said, why risk it.
I only took it with my TCM advise, so still don't anyhow drink better.

Like now, I also not taking any TCM coz I am on a blood thiner

@sunflower307
I also drunk herbal during #1 confinement. I'm fine too. Think I also had that for days. Then the rest My mum pack weekly from medical hall. When I heard sil case also v shocked. Didn't knw can cause so much damage.

i know some mummies meeting to go there together on thurs leh u all can have another meetup lolz
Those gg on thur can update wat is gd buy at the fair? I Shld b gg on sat wif my hubby. Hope the crowd not too much. Cos I think I wan to get a few things. I am trying to list down the things that I mite get from the fair.
Steriliser, milk bottles, cot, stroller, bottle warmer, baby wipes etc...is the list too much?? Lol...

@sunflower307
I also drunk herbal during #1 confinement. I'm fine too. Think I also had that for days. Then the rest My mum pack weekly from medical hall. When I heard sil case also v shocked. Didn't knw can cause so much damage.

Actually I am quite skeptical about Chinese medicine now too, coz we nvr know whether are those herbs real anot... kinda scary...
Now a lot of food scam, like fake egg and stuff..

Those gg on thur can update wat is gd buy at the fair? I Shld b gg on sat wif my hubby. Hope the crowd not too much. Cos I think I wan to get a few things. I am trying to list down the things that I mite get from the fair.
Steriliser, milk bottles, cot, stroller, bottle warmer, baby wipes etc...is the list too much?? Lol...

No no, that what I am getting too... if you are getting pumps, most likely they will give u bottles already and those sterilizer package also included bottles. I think will have too much bottles haha

I headache about those wipes, cotton balls and stuff

No no, that what I am getting too... if you are getting pumps, most likely they will give u bottles already and those sterilizer package also included bottles. I think will have too much bottles haha

I think most bottles that come in the packages are plastics bottles rite? Maybe I will get a few glasses 1. For those small things, I think can get outside if forget, as the price diff shouldn't be much ba. Just those big items that I hoping to get better deals. :)

interested to know if glass bottles are better?
I am a very clumsy person, don't think I get glass bottle, a bit hazardous for me haha

I am also hoping for better deals for stroller, baby cots and baby wear.
Luckily my SIL give us her Yao lan. :)

I think the crowd will be crazy lor.... Have to stay focused on the things you wanna buy and don't get distracted. Plan your route first by downloading the plan! :)

I think most bottles that come in the packages are plastics bottles rite? Maybe I will get a few glasses 1. For those small things, I think can get outside if forget, as the price diff shouldn't be much ba. Just those big items that I hoping to get better deals. :)

Agree with @kittybaby12, I wouldn't worry about small sundry items like cotton balls, toiletries etc as can get during dept store sales at good prices as well. I'll be more focused on getting big ticket items like stroller, baby carrier, breast pump etc.

I got my sterilizer + food warmer + starter bottle set from Avent last weekend. So one thing less on my to-do list.

Those with Taka Card, do note Taka Baby Fair is next week..... week of 10 October...

interested to know if glass bottles are better?
I am a very clumsy person, don't think I get glass bottle, a bit hazardous for me haha

I am also hoping for better deals for stroller, baby cots and baby wear.
Luckily my SIL give us her Yao lan. :)
Hmm, my mum say glass bottles are better than i jus follow lor...haha. will use a mixture ba. I see my nephew oso uses the glass bottles. But not when he know how to hold the bottles. Cos he jus "throw!" the bottles away after he finish his milk. ;)

going holiday without kid doesnt make you a bad mummy lah.. just that some of us have certain preference only :p

agreed. sometimes you just want to spend some couple time together reconnecting. hehe. and of course there are some mummy friends who will start saying things like "why you never bring baby go? baby will be very sad and stuff .. irritating

I know about 生化汤 issit the su hup wan that you are talking about?

I had tried 生化汤 before in my last 2 mc. its recommended by my TCM to clear the wind and blood. mine was those medical hall pack and have to brew it myself. my TCM din mention any other med. its not cheap by the way, cost me around $16-18 per packet

Nope not the soup

Its a pill form

http://www.euyansang.com.my/Products/frmProductDetails.aspx?intProdCatID=14&intInvID=1100

The soup we only drink on 2nd n 3rd day ....

This pill claim to expel wind and suppose to take during 1st few days after delivery

TMC got TCM that can prepare herbal suitable to individual body after giving birth ..
a copy of hundreds if not wrong
Not sure if 生化汤 is the one with those small red flowers. But anyway, ladies pls buy and enquire only at reputable medical hall for these kind of herbs. Get the correct dosage advise and the no of days u have to drink. Nv overdo it. It can be life threatening. My sil bleed non-stop during her first wk of confinement. Gotten call in e ambulance coz there was too much blood. And have to be op on immediately. Doc says any later, might have to remove her uterus. Doc says might be due to chinese herbs taken. Sil suspect might be the 生化汤 her mil bought. Anyway.... Juz take note and be careful.

Ya lor different ppl suitable for different things...

So i only wan take those that is common n necessary. .. those not necessary i will skip

wah, ya its the one with red flower. I will check with my TCM to see if its ok, any conflict with bm.
I had it twice and I am fine, brought from the same medical hall. My sis took it and she is fine too, she took 2 pkt for consecutive day.
My TCM said 5 pkt but the medical hall uncle say 2 is more than enough.

I guess its up to individual, like what @PTB7674 said, why risk it.
I only took it with my TCM advise, so still don't anyhow drink better.

Like now, I also not taking any TCM coz I am on a blood thiner
5 packs seems alot !! I see most ppl recommend 1 pack or 2 pack at most only

Hmm, my mum say glass bottles are better than i jus follow lor...haha. will use a mixture ba. I see my nephew oso uses the glass bottles. But not when he know how to hold the bottles. Cos he jus "throw!" the bottles away after he finish his milk. ;)
Guess glass are better coz its less "harmful" than plastics...

When my parents was baby ... dun have plastic bottles
They use glass bottles that are reuse after drink pepsi..

Hi mummies, went for my gynae review today, well, my placenta previa complete is still squarely over my cervix, gynae doesn't think it's going to move, haiz, so worrying n disappointing. Was given another week of hospitalization leave, but went back to office to finish up some month end stuff. Tomorrow I will go to the polyclinic to get a referral letter for KK, cos my gynae says I will be lucky to even make it to 35 weeks :eek: Went to office toilet n cried my eyes out for 3 mins, just felt like I let my beanie down, cannot give him a conducive environment to grow. Oh well, no point worrying abt it now, just gotta hope for the best I guess.

Was going to the baby fair this thurs, coincidentally I signed up for a course on 1-2 Oct at Changi Biz Park beginning of the year, right next to expo, but since I'm trying to cut down on walking, I think i will give it a miss. Anyway, I'm skipping the course also, gonna stay at home n rot. :cool:

@GetawayJunkie where did u see the details on the taka baby fair? I can't seem to find it online.

Hi mummies, went for my gynae review today, well, my placenta previa complete is still squarely over my cervix, gynae doesn't think it's going to move, haiz, so worrying n disappointing. Was given another week of hospitalization leave, but went back to office to finish up some month end stuff. Tomorrow I will go to the polyclinic to get a referral letter for KK, cos my gynae says I will be lucky to even make it to 35 weeks :eek: Went to office toilet n cried my eyes out for 3 mins, just felt like I let my beanie down, cannot give him a conducive environment to grow. Oh well, no point worrying abt it now, just gotta hope for the best I guess.

Was going to the baby fair this thurs, coincidentally I signed up for a course on 1-2 Oct at Changi Biz Park beginning of the year, right next to expo, but since I'm trying to cut down on walking, I think i will give it a miss. Anyway, I'm skipping the course also, gonna stay at home n rot. :cool:

@GetawayJunkie where did u see the details on the taka baby fair? I can't seem to find it online.

Dun think too much .. Rest .. It is
Not something we can control hence not your fault. Dun blame yourself ...
You must learn to take it easy. Dun rush or get excited too easily

Don't give up! Have more rest and dont think too much. U never know..maybe by the next visit will be ok. Think positive! Btw what is the gynae's suggestion besides bed rest then? What is there to be done moving forward? Is he suggesting u will have to give birth early?

Haiz I'm like a ticking time bomb now, now that I had a first minor bleed, I'm more prone to heavier subsequent bleeds. N if the bleeding is too heavy, then the bb has to be delivered, however prematurely. My gynae was sharing his own wife had the same problem with their #3. She had a small bleed at 27 wks, then a "torrential downpour" at 29 wks, they managed to keep her pregnant after a blood transfusion, another minor bleed at 32 wks, then another downpour at 35 wks, which was when he emergency delivered the bb. At 35 wks, his bb was lok, only 4 days in NICU. So that's the target for me.

5 packs seems alot !! I see most ppl recommend 1 pack or 2 pack at most only

Yup I was just reading abt this yday, cannot drink too much Sheng hua tang, 1-2 packets should be enough. It's to expel the blood right? Heard it's taken on third day and fourth or fifth day. (Pls correct me if I am wrong)

Reactions: AAT

cheer up gal,think positive.mummy must b strong to encourage baby to be strong.:) talk to baby,sing baby a song and let baby feel mummy love.jiayou!

Hey dear, don't get too upset. Not being able to carry the bb to full term doesn't make u less of a mother. :) Just rest more, re this weekend's baby fair, do you already know what you wanna get? If so, perhaps we can help you make some of the purchases??? Since you are resting at home, do most of your bb shopping online now because it may seem u have lesser time to prepare than previously thought.

Re the Taka fair, this was shared with me by the retailers. I just casually asked when is the baby fair and the Aprica distributor told me 2nd week October. :)

Last edited:

I agree. And not everyone's body can stand taking such herbs so often. That includes ginger, wine and sesame oil. Don't overdo it. Imo eating nutritious food is already good enough. Use a bit of red dates, black dates or black beans etc should suffice. When I had #1, I ate food with lots of ginger, wine, sesame oil and drank herbal soup everyday. No veggies, no fruits and no water. In the end I became so heaty I had a bad constipation that required me to take laxatives. My stitches tore and I developed very terrible piles. It was suffering. I could not sit, stand, lie or walk, every step hurt. Life was living hell for the next six months! I went to see a TCM to rectify everything. So for #2 I prepared my own meals. Ate food like oatmeal, cereal or digestive biscuits with milk or milo for breakfast, fish/pork meesua soup with lots of veggies for lunch, slow cooked soup with veggies and rice for dinner and I ate fresh fruits after every meal. For tea breaks I made eggs, hard boiled or steamed. I double boiled DOM with pork muscle once a week. Life was so much better. I breezed through my confinement. Will do the same for #3! :)

Sorry to hear that. It's not your fault. Must take extra care of yourself ok. Jiayou mummy!

Just to share I also had low lying placenta for both #1 and #2. But mine was probably not as bad as yours. My gynae advised lots of bed rest, lie down as much as possible, no carrying heavy things including groceries and if possible wear a maternity support belt to relief some pressure. I did as he told. I delivered both kids at 39 weeks naturally.

Dun worry its not ur fault. ... now what u can do is rest well n minimise walking n strenuous exercise n be happy to bring baby out when necessary !

Dun worry too much else baby will be affected too

Yup I was just reading abt this yday, cannot drink too much Sheng hua tang, 1-2 packets should be enough. It's to expel the blood right? Heard it's taken on third day and fourth or fifth day. (Pls correct me if I am wrong)
I google n had mix "answer"

Some . say 2nd n 3rd

Some says 3 n 4th

Some says 2 nd day or 3rd will do (1 time)

So maybe i will take on 3rd n 4th or 5th...

Since 2nd day juz discharge confirm too bz to boil

I m still at 22 weeks+ still long way to go...... how i wish i m in 3rd trimester now ... lol
I will be 22 weeks tm! For me I am ok to enjoy the pregnancy while it lasts, since hubby and I had waited so many years to have a baby (we married in our twenties). We actually had 2 failed iui and was scheduled for ivf soon, then surprise surprise baby decided to come, so everyday is a blessing for us. just tend to worry abt baby a lot, but I guess that's normal.

@bbcripps ..... dont be sad... we will jia you for u too! Just focus on eating and resting well and bonding with beanie.

Haiz I'm like a ticking time bomb now, now that I had a first minor bleed, I'm more prone to heavier subsequent bleeds. N if the bleeding is too heavy, then the bb has to be delivered, however prematurely. My gynae was sharing his own wife had the same problem with their #3. She had a small bleed at 27 wks, then a "torrential downpour" at 29 wks, they managed to keep her pregnant after a blood transfusion, another minor bleed at 32 wks, then another downpour at 35 wks, which was when he emergency delivered the bb. At 35 wks, his bb was lok, only 4 days in NICU. So that's the target for me.

Take care, rest as much as u can. Stay strong yah. Don't be disappointed with yourself. These are stuff which we can't control, we can only try our best to take care of ourselves.
Talk to ur beanie more.
My colleague's son was born at 35 weeks and he is a healthy 1 yr old boy now.

i'm only 25wks 2days ...time flies so slowly lolz ...i see my office pregnant lady taking turn go material leave and i still sitting in office typing lolz this now lolz

I am 24 wk, 2 days. :) 1 week behind you. I just told my hub this morning, wow 6 mths already. haha

I dunno see how many preggy ladies in my office go maternity leave... my office is like a fertility fountain.. anytime got 4-5 preggys at different stage. I have 1 colleague going to deliver in Dec, me in Jan, another lady I think just preggy 3/4 mth?

I will be 22 weeks tm! For me I am ok to enjoy the pregnancy while it lasts, since hubby and I had waited so many years to have a baby (we married in our twenties). We actually had 2 failed iui and was scheduled for ivf soon, then surprise surprise baby decided to come, so everyday is a blessing for us. just tend to worry abt baby a lot, but I guess that's normal.

I had 2 MCs before having this one. :) I also worry a lot.. its normal

Take care, rest as much as u can. Stay strong yah. Don't be disappointed with yourself. These are stuff which we can't control, we can only try our best to take care of ourselves.
My colleague's son was born at 35 weeks and he is a healthy 1 yr old boy now.
yah jamie yeo's daughter was born prior to 30wks and now a happy girl too

bbcripps, don't think negatively cos that will affect your LO. Sayang him / her, and encourage him / her to be strong and grow healthily. Do your part by not walking too much and eating healthily, and pray fervently. Jia you!

yah jamie yeo's daughter was born prior to 30wks and now a happy girl too

sometimes I itchy backside go read those pre-term baby thread, some are born really early although a lot of hardship and heart pain, their babies grow up well too.
Some things we can't control, we are lucky that medical is rather advance now, our bb have higher chance of survival than the older times.

One lady which has sticky blood like me have to be hospitalize since 3rd tri coz her previous 2 mc all happen at mid term. She manage to deliver at after 36 wk, I think. She is my inspiration.

sometimes I itchy backside go read those pre-term baby thread, some are born really early although a lot of hardship and heart pain, their babies grow up well too.
Some things we can't control, we are lucky that medical is rather advance now, our bb have higher chance of survival than the older times.

One lady which has sticky blood like me have to be hospitalize since 3rd tri coz her previous 2 mc all happen at mid term. She manage to deliver at after 36 wk, I think. She is my inspiration.
i aso backside itchy read all kind of articles:p

Hi bbcrips... dun be overly worried about it... stay positive... its not entirely your fault, not every pregnancy is plain sailing....sometimes gynae just want to give us the worst case scenario... how's bb growth so far?

Thank you ladies, I feel better this morning. Just gotta keep my chin up n pray for the best! I'm going to the poly later, but I tell myself it's only for standby, just to open a file with KK, I'm going die die tahan until 35 wks n go back to deliver at Mt E! It's just another 11 wks, I will make it! Hehe, stubborn cow. In the meantime yes I'm trying to eat more healthy to boost up bb's weight, since the criteria for discharge from NICU is 5 pounds. No more chee cheong fun! I replaced w cereals. Not half as tasty but at least I feel like I'm trying my best.

Thanks @GetawayJunkie! I don't really know what I want to get from the fair yet, was going to look see look see, now that I cannot go, I guess I will just slowly buy at the departmental stores sales. :)

Thank you ladies, I feel better this morning. Just gotta keep my chin up n pray for the best! I'm going to the poly later, but I tell myself it's only for standby, just to open a file with KK, I'm going die die tahan until 35 wks n go back to deliver at Mt E! It's just another 11 wks, I will make it! Hehe, stubborn cow. In the meantime yes I'm trying to eat more healthy to boost up bb's weight, since the criteria for discharge from NICU is 5 pounds. No more chee cheong fun! I replaced w cereals. Not half as tasty but at least I feel like I'm trying my best.

Thanks @GetawayJunkie! I don't really know what I want to get from the fair yet, was going to look see look see, now that I cannot go, I guess I will just slowly buy at the departmental stores sales. :)

cereal not very nutritious too... try rolled oats or quinoa...

Hi bbcrips... dun be overly worried about it... stay positive... its not entirely your fault, not every pregnancy is plain sailing....sometimes gynae just want to give us the worst case scenario... how's bb growth so far?

Bb seems to be growing fine... last weight check at 22 wks 6 days he was 611gm. Doc says eat more protein (not sugar!) to boost the weight. Oh, n he said don't rub our tummies, apparently sometimes it can induce uterine contractions.

Back