(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Who say no bakery or buffet ? U need to pay double only Lolz.

Is it?! Haha... I assume most shop close mah. I tried looking for buffet for 2nd day of cny this yr, a lot of company that I called mistook tat I wanna on 1st day, told me not available. 2nd day of cny also v diff to find. Muz book very early. More popular ones mostly taken up. In e end the one that I booked was late for nearly 1.5h! Got my folks so mad! Sigh...

Then this year tried ordering a birthday cake for my boy for cny eve was also v challenging. Even bengawan solo reject my order after collecting a deposit! Sianz

Seems like Sweetest Moments is the more common choice for full month packages.

Wonder if there's any other choices?

Can try choz. I find packaging similar to sweetest moment but more varieties. I also got rejected fro them b4. Think they either don't do delivery or can't collect on weekend or public holiday. Something like that...

#1 I ordered fro gobi. V pretty cakes. But older folks don't like, find it too sweet.

Is it?! Haha... I assume most shop close mah. I tried looking for buffet for 2nd day of cny this yr, a lot of company that I called mistook tat I wanna on 1st day, told me not available. 2nd day of cny also v diff to find. Muz book very early. More popular ones mostly taken up. In e end the one that I booked was late for nearly 1.5h! Got my folks so mad! Sigh...

Then this year tried ordering a birthday cake for my boy for cny eve was also v challenging. Even bengawan solo reject my order after collecting a deposit! Sianz

Probably have to get non Chinese caterer ? But I don't know of any nice one

Can try choz. I find packaging similar to sweetest moment but more varieties. I also got rejected fro them b4. Think they either don't do delivery or can't collect on weekend or public holiday. Something like that...

#1 I ordered fro gobi. V pretty cakes. But older folks don't like, find it too sweet.

Wow, Gobi looks good!

Even their Gobi Classic is really pretty!

Wow, Gobi looks good!

Even their Gobi Classic is really pretty!

Yap pretty right! I'm a sucker for pretty cakes. And price was reasonable 2yrs ago. :) I tot some of the cakes taste alright but got v bad reviews from the older relatives. Friends love it tot...

My no. 1 I got from choz, 2nd one from papa mama after sweetest moment made me feel they not interested w my order atttitude as it was jux a few days b4 they shou gong for cny
Papa mama's svc was very good

I gave a mix of bangawan solo and 12cupcakes vouchers to pple whom I couldnt del cakes to

http://sg.******************/10-best-uses-of-bio-oil/

Lolz how much they paid them for this article Lolz

Make sure they dont eat their own words later :p

For relos, how much to give if we give vouchers huh?

Hmm I ever seen one is a standard marble cake or banana cake to redeem for bengawan.. U probably can check out their package.. It comes with a gift card holder with voucher I think can't really remember

Hmm I ever seen one is a standard marble cake or banana cake to redeem for bengawan.. U probably can check out their package.. It comes with a gift card holder with voucher I think can't really remember

Yes, for bangawan the most costly for full month is the $18+ cheese cake or something but will relos think the value too low?

They say no one eat these stuff anymore might as well give them voucher and they can get whatever they like whenever they like ..
Actually I agree, I rather go to Bengawan Solo and choose what I want to eat, and if voucher value not enough then top up lor...

Yah my relatives love this Malay caterer every year order from them... Eat until I sian
Which Malay caterer is this? I dun mind Malay caterer as long as good food....

For full month packages I have actually did my research Liao when I was bored and I love cakes. Have you all heard of this cake shop called Rich and Good? They do really nice Swiss rolls. Anyway they have a $12 full month package with 1 Swiss roll, 2 eggs and 2 AKK... so I intend to get this cuz the Swiss roll is really v good... Only thing is their full month Box is quite ugly and their staff sometimes got attitude... Anyway, box ugly I don't care as long as food is good... Worst case go SKP and buy my own cake box lor...

For full month packages I have actually did my research Liao when I was bored and I love cakes. Have you all heard of this cake shop called Rich and Good? They do really nice Swiss rolls. Anyway they have a $12 full month package with 1 Swiss roll, 2 eggs and 2 AKK... so I intend to get this cuz the Swiss roll is really v good... Only thing is their full month Box is quite ugly and their staff sometimes got attitude... Anyway, box ugly I don't care as long as food is good... Worst case go SKP and buy my own cake box lor...
Love their kaya roll and walnut cake. Was thinking about ordering them for husband's office. For no 3 we gave personalised candy in a tin bucket , no 2 we gave sweet secrets - not good. No 1 was in tw so we followed taiwan customs give you fan.

Other options to consider for full month cakes, besides the usual Sweetest Moments, Choz, Melrose, PapaMama

Gin Thye (did my Guo Da Li cakes with them cuz within walking distance to my place - this or Pat's Pastry will probably be my fallback option if I get too lazy to go to Kandahar St to order the cakes)
Pat's Pastry (I did my wedding 2 tier cake with them and they were really good, very flexible and accommodating to my needs)
PIne Garden
Jara Petit Cheesecups
Sugarie Sweet Bake Shoppe

Hi 5! Seems like we got similar taste in cakes! I thinking about rich and good this round too. But haven't check out their package or pricing. Then such old school shop doubt they will open for cny.

I ordered from Pat's for my guo da Li. Husband was thinking of checking with them if they can do this round.

I also have Isetan card, but last time only chiong level 2, hardly go level 4... What's good to get during IPS???

I usually buy necessities like nail scissors, nose cleaner, cotton buds, weaning stuff eg. Bowls, spoons etc, moomookow wet bags, wet wipes(I use combi, so it's a lot cheaper to buy during sale) etc etc. I bought my diaper bag there too. Rootote brand, mammy roo bag. I have two. Love it. Haha.. Toys are much cheaper too. Then head to household department to get thermos or zojirushi food jars and flasks. Tiger brand also not bad. :p

thanks dear
mine will just use it and leave it on the table cause he knows i will wash it up for him.

i try to bo chup.
but it only lasted for one day.

the next morning i do the chores myself again.

But you need to get his engine started soon if you have plans to become a sahm and not hiring live in helper. With a baby to take care, who has time to clear his empty cups let alone wash for him. Maybe he should buy paper cups to use until baby is bigger! Will be very tiring for you in future when baby comes along. He must learn to do some baby duties too! You will definitely need a break once in a while. :)

By the way was reading other thread for march 2015.. So fierce lol don't let daddies join n non march also not really welcome.. Lucky u all nv bully me lol :p

Eeeyer! Reminds me of my #2's SMH group which later became FB group. Anyway I left the group shortly after and a few of us formed another small group of our own. I call them the North Korean mummies. Control freaks! After we joined the FB group, they set a rule that everyone must post on FB often enough else would be kicked out. Nonsense..

Hi gracechoox,

Welcome!! :D

Hopefully we can all arrange a meet up before we deliver. Maybe can go baby shopping together too. Heehee :)
Hi lovexuan,
Thank you! & I like your suggestions.... would be great to have meet ups or shopping trips together before we deliver hehe.
Btw enjoy your prata! I'm gonna zzzz already :)

I need to check with my cousin on the caterer

Werrywert you work ard tpy braddell? Near my son's school..

What's good to eat ard tpy braddell?

Unemployed lol..
Supposingly a lot like hokkien prawn mee carrot cake the small small teochew bao stall at the market near creamier ice cream lorong 1..

Ur son pei chun?

Back