(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Would it be good to compile a list of food that we are not supposed to take?

Currently i'm avoiding carbonated drinks. Esp coca cola. Although if i really have the urge, i'll take a sip from my husband's.
I do take seafood but i make sure they are fully cooked.

Strictly not taking any raw food. Especially sashimi & oysters and that's really hard for me because i love those two!!

My SIL also said not to take half boiled eggs.
Cos there might still be bacteria. But anyway i'm so sick from eating eggs everyday during my IVF! hahhaa

My bestie told me just eat anything you want. As long as it's not raw and it's fully cooked. Hahaha

Would it be good to compile a list of food that we are not supposed to take?

Currently i'm avoiding carbonated drinks. Esp coca cola. Although if i really have the urge, i'll take a sip from my husband's.
I do take seafood but i make sure they are fully cooked.

Strictly not taking any raw food. Especially sashimi & oysters and that's really hard for me because i love those two!!

My SIL also said not to take half boiled eggs.
Cos there might still be bacteria. But anyway i'm so sick from eating eggs everyday during my IVF! hahhaa

My bestie told me just eat anything you want. As long as it's not raw and it's fully cooked. Hahaha

Apart fromthe usual raw food and cooling foods My grandma told me don't take lamb and bananas. I also dunno why cannot. My colleague days if take to much lamb when baby come out got body odour haha.

My dad says to take more walnuts and I also read that all the nuts are good source of vitamins and Super food to snack on.

I've been really tired and fatigue. I wonder for how long does this fatigue last? I have to take naps during lunch so that I can continue with the rest of my day. And haven't been having much of an appetite to eat also. What food should I take now to gain my appetite cos I am losing weight.

Oh..pardon me but why is it weird? Sorry coz am not too sure abt this..would love to learn more..
Mummysunshine, because i tested positive so early, even 2 weeks after my period. Normally ppl tested positive only after wait for next period late so i'm quite worry. I even dunno when i ovulation.

Apart fromthe usual raw food and cooling foods My grandma told me don't take lamb and bananas. I also dunno why cannot. My colleague days if take to much lamb when baby come out got body odour haha.

My dad says to take more walnuts and I also read that all the nuts are good source of vitamins and Super food to snack on.

I've been really tired and fatigue. I wonder for how long does this fatigue last? I have to take naps during lunch so that I can continue with the rest of my day. And haven't been having much of an appetite to eat also. What food should I take now to gain my appetite cos I am losing weight.
Wah, can't take banana? I like banana. I also feel tired at nite but afternoon is still ok. I'm opposite from u, my appetite is good leh....

Mummysunshine, because i tested positive so early, even 2 weeks after my period. Normally ppl tested positive only after wait for next period late so i'm quite worry. I even dunno when i ovulation.
Oh..perhaps you wanna to do another test? Else fix a date with your gynae to get reassurance? Don't worry too much, everything will be alright. *Hugs*

I used 6 normal test strips which I bought online 3 with SUPER faint line and 3 with nothing. So next day I went to test with Clearblue digital. Then it shown I'm preggy 1-2 weeks.

@Lin Khoo @lizlin wow so good. I dunno why also I just don't feel like eating. Like I don't even want to open my mouth or else I feel like gagging. But yet I feel hungry. So I try to eat small meals. But ytd i was so hungry during lunch I finished the entire bowl of salmon teriyaki Don. After that I felt nauseous for the rest of the day n I super regret eating.
Are anyone of you on any calcium supplements or milk? Cos currently I'm only taking folic acid 5mg apart from the progesterone tabs and inserts

Oh..perhaps you wanna to do another test? Else fix a date with your gynae to get reassurance? Don't worry too much, everything will be alright. *Hugs*

I used 6 normal test strips which I bought online 3 with SUPER faint line and 3 with nothing. So next day I went to test with Clearblue digital. Then it shown I'm preggy 1-2 weeks.
mummysunshine, I done 3 tests and all double dark line positive. I did at night time somemore. I use cb as well and show 2 to 3 weeks lor~ but we only bd once which is after my period. that's why I feel so weird.

Hello ladies and congrats to all!

My hubby and I received the best gift when I tested positive on Mother's Day! It's our first child so we are both super excited and clueless now. It seems so unreal till now and since I have no preggy symptoms at all, I sometimes forget that I'm going to be a mum.

Based on Baby Centre website, I'm now in week 6 and day 3. The calculated EDD is on 07-Jan-2015. Will be going for my first gynae check in less than 2hrs time and hopefully, we will be able to see the heartbeat of our little one. Praying hard that everything is well!

I would love to be added to the secret FB. My email is [email protected]. Thanks and happy weekend!

do u have very irregular period?
cos I also have a friend of conceived 2 weeks after her last period. if the test kits showed up positives you should go to the gynae and have a confirmation, see what the dr says :)

do u have very irregular period?
cos I also have a friend of conceived 2 weeks after her last period. if the test kits showed up positives you should go to the gynae and have a confirmation, see what the dr says :)
yeah, I have irregular period, sometimes 30plus, sometimes 40plus but average is 42 days. Ic... thanks for the info of ur friend. I have made apptmt to see doc this tues to reconfirm. thanks ya...

Hello ladies and congrats to all!

My hubby and I received the best gift when I tested positive on Mother's Day! It's our first child so we are both super excited and clueless now. It seems so unreal till now and since I have no preggy symptoms at all, I sometimes forget that I'm going to be a mum.

Based on Baby Centre website, I'm now in week 6 and day 3. The calculated EDD is on 07-Jan-2015. Will be going for my first gynae check in less than 2hrs time and hopefully, we will be able to see the heartbeat of our little one. Praying hard that everything is well!

I would love to be added to the secret FB. My email is [email protected]. Thanks and happy weekend!

Welcome to Jan's mama. Congrats

mummysunshine, I done 3 tests and all double dark line positive. I did at night time somemore. I use cb as well and show 2 to 3 weeks lor~ but we only bd once which is after my period. that's why I feel so weird.
*Whisper*

I also BD once. Sperms will stay alive in our bodies for up to 3 days. Well, perhaps that very ONE really is a good swimmer and finally said "Hello" to your egg after the long marathon swim. Life is an amazing journey.

*Whisper*

I also BD once. Sperms will stay alive in our bodies for up to 3 days. Well, perhaps that very ONE really is a good swimmer and finally said "Hello" to your egg after the long marathon swim. Life is an amazing journey.

Hi 5! Lol....
I hope it is, well, i'll wait until doc apptment to reconfirm it.

Went for my first gynae check yesterday and did a vaginal ultrasound. Dr said that baby is now measured 5mm which put me at 6 weeks 2 days as of yesterday, and my EDD is on 08-Jan-2015. The most exciting part of the scan is when we could see the flickering heartbeat of our little one! Hubby was super emotional and I could see his eyes welling with tears the moment he saw the heartbeat on the monitor screen. Haha!

I have only recently started on folic acid when I tested positive using HPT on Mother's Day. Hence, Dr gave me multivitamins and Duphaston 安胎药 as he said that I have some slight brown discharge that could be from the implanation bleeding or a symptom of threatened pregnancy. Will be going for 2nd gynae check in 2 weeks' time at week 8. In the meantime, trying to stay positive and keep praying that our little one is safe and sound.

Happy Sunday to all!

Hi Mrswackymama,

Our EDD is very very close... mine is 01/06/15 but I'm going for a C Section in Dec. Dun dwell too much on it and THINK POSITIVE!! ;-) All will be well.

Happy Sunday to you too! (lonely week without the hub for me :-( )

Hi mtml888,

Great to know that! Dr. said that the EDD is not very accurate at this moment since it's still at early stage so I may end up delivering in Dec. Btw, isn't it too early to decide the birth method now or is it something which I shd start thinking abt now? Thanks!

Congrats sweet..!! It's always an overwhelming feelings to see and hear baby's heartbeat..!! Feel happy for you..!!

Birthing method is solely depend on individual..it might not be what you plan/prefer..sometimes..unforeseen circumstances might occurs that require e-csect or induce..

Whatever it is..stay positive and have faith in your gynae and yourself..

In the meanwhile..you may shortlist some names for baby..!! Choose girl and boy..

Thanks for your kind words, MummySunshine!
Yes, will stay positive and have faith and I'm sure it's gonna be a fun and enjoyable journey for us from now onwards.
We are already looking forward to our next gynae visit so that we can see our little precious again!

I have not received any fb invite too.

Visited gynae yday. While the dr was scanning, I was almost holding my breathe cos dr can't find heartbeat. I was scared cos I had 1 mc previously. Dr can't find heartbeat and it turned out to be blighted ovum - fertilized but no embryo. After a while, dr found the flickering white light! Phew! Just pray that all will go well. Edd is ard 08-Jan too.

And I had my first puke today. So yucky feeling... I'm having more preg symptoms. Having hives now. Veryyyyy itchyyyyy.....

Curious, which gynae are u all visiting? My no.1 was with Dr Adrian Woodworth. He's ok, I recovered fast and well. but would be better if he was more assuring. Thinking of changing gynae.

Congrats apple_celery!

Like you, I was extremely relieved to see the flickering heartbeat too. I haven't experienced any MS yet and other than having tender breasts, occasional burping and having a strange metallic taste in my mouth, I have no preg symptoms. Not sure if it is normal not to puke during the first few weeks but heard that this means that my hcg is low?

Anyway, I'm with Dr. Wong Heng Fok and hubby and I are very comfortable with him. Dr. Wong put us at ease throughout the entire visit and keep assuring us that everything is going to be fine knowing that we're first time parents. He also made an effort to chit-chat and joke with my hubby, seeing how anxious he was.

I went to Dr. Adrian Woodworth ard 3 years back as I was having super irregular menses but didn't really have a good experience with him then cos the checkup was very rushed and brief. I guess Dr. Adrian simply has too many patients to attend to. Maybe you would like to revisit him again and see if he is more assuring this time round?

seems like all of you have been added into the group chat but not sure where went wrong. Might have to wait for approval from the administrator.

Back