(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

I see. Then moving the girls to their own room will make it more comfy for you. Else it's crowded!

Haha! I am immuned too. I have a habit of waking up several times a night anyway. My hubby always asks the kids when can they return mummy to him. Lol!! And he can still tell me he hope for four kids. This is only the third. But 3 is enough for me. Heehee.. :D

Lol... Only times after wake up for toilet, comes back need some time to get back to sleep because of his snores.. So I have additional small blanket to cover my head/ ear.. Lol
At least your HB still request u back, mine no le... Just sneak up sometimes..
I think 3 is enough too, I don't want #4, very siong le.. Old Liao.. Lol

Yes yes, mine also old 3 rm flat, about 40yrs old, I bought it 5years ago. That's why my masteroom is big, after built in wardrobe, still can put 2 queen bed and a single mattress... Previous owner bought over the corridor so my room is extended through. Have a common room akas kids playroom now and utility room where helper sleeps. Like 4 room flat layout.

Yours sounds very big! Especially with the corridor and utility room. The kitchen and living room are also huge right. I have thoughts to build an island kitchen in future. Keke..

My master bedroom remains. Then knock off storeroom wall to convert common room into two rooms. I haven't ask hdb. But my friend with exact same floor plan as me did that and her house really very spacious now!
good lor your layout allow you to do that ,, my mom's layout cant do that

Lol... Only times after wake up for toilet, comes back need some time to get back to sleep because of his snores.. So I have additional small blanket to cover my head/ ear.. Lol
At least your HB still request u back, mine no le... Just sneak up sometimes..
I think 3 is enough too, I don't want #4, very siong le.. Old Liao.. Lol

Hahahaha!! I sleep with a small pillow over my head too. Then lean towards my girl. LOL! :p

I think the men feel happy to sleep alone though. No disturbances from the kids. :D

Yes yes, 3 is just nice liao. Another baby girl and i feel satisfied! Heehee

My master bedroom remains. Then knock off storeroom wall to convert common room into two rooms. I haven't ask hdb. But my friend with exact same floor plan as me did that and her house really very spacious now!
Ya I think can.. Your 2 common room door is facing each other right? In between is the store room?
My parent old place use to be like that, know down the store room but put 2 built in wardrobe for each room.
But hor, storeroom very useful le... No storeroom less a lot of storage place..
Also u can't do now cos pregnant. Unless when doing, u temporary move out.

Yours sounds very big! Especially with the corridor and utility room. The kitchen and living room are also huge right. I have thoughts to build an island kitchen in future. Keke..
i also like island kitchen but my house cant haiz... think only if i tio tomolo TOTO (sole winner) then i wll get landed and build island kitchen :D:D:D *daydreaming*

good lor your layout allow you to do that ,, my mom's layout cant do that

My layout is common room, store room and masterbed room all in a row. So if i want to knock off everything to create a super big room also can. That's why my living room and kitchen also very long. I can put two dining tables in my kitchen. But i am planning to let the kids have their own rooms in a few years time. So need to start planning new layout for the house! :D

My layout is common room, store room and masterbed room all in a row. So if i want to knock off everything to create a super big room also can. That's why my living room and kitchen also very long. I can put two dining tables in my kitchen. But i am planning to let the kids have their own rooms in a few years time. So need to start planning new layout for the house! :D
my mom is MBR => dinning room => 2nd bedroom.. storeroom is on the other side together with living room

Ya I think can.. Your 2 common room door is facing each other right? In between is the store room?
My parent old place use to be like that, know down the store room but put 2 built in wardrobe for each room.
But hor, storeroom very useful le... No storeroom less a lot of storage place..
Also u can't do now cos pregnant. Unless when doing, u temporary move out.

Yes, that's right. So far my store room is a white elephant. I have nothing to store then end up accumulate rubbish. So i thought of getting rid of it. But not sure if i will regret. Lol

HDB also doesn't allow me to reno now. They want me to wait for the upgrading whereby they redo the toilets, fix the ceilings and main door. They tell me if i do now, they will still yave to hack away during upgrading. So i wait lor. By then #3 should be two years old already.

i also like island kitchen but my house cant haiz... think only if i tio tomolo TOTO (sole winner) then i wll get landed and build island kitchen :D:D:D *daydreaming*

Yes!! If i win lottery, i will also buy a new big house!! But then i never even buy before. No chance to win. Lol

My original kitchen plans was to have island. Then once we started renovating, realised that if we have island, we end up sacrificing a lot of storage space... so in the end, we close one end of the island. Must definitely consider storage space, especially when the family get bigger and if you like to cook or bake at home... :)

@cinderelly, are you in Blk 8 by any chance??? Whats the floor area of your unit??

Totally different layout! Sounds like it's a fixed shape. :D
yah lor ..it is fixed so cant do much ... of course can do away the dining area and both room big but will end up with longish living room niah... do dun bother ...keep it as it is so now ..dinning area is both dining and tv area lolz

Quite big la, cos previous owner knock down the wall between living room and kitchen, replace w a glass and glass door, so looks big, living room got space for a dining table. Only setback is that masteroom don't have toilet. Old layout is a toilet and bathroom each a door in the kitchen. So previous owner knock and convert into toilet and bathroom using 1 door. So sometimes we fight for toilet especially my girls, of no one in toilet, don't wan to use. If someone in there, they say they very urgent... Arrg

Wah w island kitchen sure must be landed... I also wish...

yah lor ..it is fixed so cant do much ... of course can do away the dining area and both room big but will end up with longish living room niah... do dun bother ...keep it as it is so now ..dinning area is both dining and tv area lolz

But i think if i reach your mum's age, i won't think of doing anything to the house already. Kids probably all married. Left hubby and me only. Keke

My original kitchen plans was to have island. Then once we started renovating, realised that if we have island, we end up sacrificing a lot of storage space... so in the end, we close one end of the island. Must definitely consider storage space, especially when the family get bigger and if you like to cook or bake at home... :)
yah lor...kitchen today is longish... hard to have both storage and island ...so it is either this or that ...for my case it is storage lolz
Quite big la, cos previous owner knock down the wall between living room and kitchen, replace w a glass and glass door, so looks big, living room got space for a dining table. Only setback is that masteroom don't have toilet. Old layout is a toilet and bathroom each a door in the kitchen. So previous owner knock and convert into toilet and bathroom using 1 door. So sometimes we fight for toilet especially my girls, of no one in toilet, don't wan to use. If someone in there, they say they very urgent... Arrg

no wonder...the previous owner already opened the " road" for you liao lolz ...yah the set back is toilet ... else space is ok wat lolz ...

no leh ..old condo also can have island ...just like hdb ...older condo are big too...it is the new development / hdb that is small... some small until ...kelian .. stove can only have 2 burner and remaining is abit of storage or table top for food preparation

But i think if i reach your mum's age, i won't think of doing anything to the house already. Kids probably all married. Left hubby and me only. Keke
precisely lolz ... but come to think ...last time 3rm flat can squeeze 6 pax ( my parent and 4 kids ) ...now lolz the house got bigger but yet complain no rooms :D

My HB keep complaining that I got a lot of stuffs, whole house all my stuff, no space for new born stuff... Not enough cupboards space, I occupy so much space in the common room cupboards.. Blah blah blah...
Sometimes make me angry, I just say then u buy a bigger house la.. Wahaha

My house no store room, so my maid room is in utility room. So storage only can be in common room ma...
Which girl don't have a lot of things right?

Your house sounds like what i want to do to my house! I want to replace the kitchen wall with a glass sliding door too. It makes the house brighter too. One thing about my old flat is the windows so small! Most new flats have full length windows.

My HB keep complaining that I got a lot of stuffs, whole house all my stuff, no space for new born stuff... Not enough cupboards space, I occupy so much space in the common room cupboards.. Blah blah blah...

My house no store room, so my maid room is in utility room. So storage only can be in common room ma...
me :p our MBR wardrobe only 1/4 full niah :D :D

Your house sounds like what i want to do to my house! I want to replace the kitchen wall with a glass sliding door too. It makes the house brighter too. One thing about my old flat is the windows so small! Most new flats have full length windows.
full length window if face west sun SIBEH hot one leh

yah lor...kitchen today is longish... hard to have both storage and island ...so it is either this or that ...for my case it is storage lolz

no wonder...the previous owner already opened the " road" for you liao lolz ...yah the set back is toilet ... else space is ok wat lolz ...

no leh ..old condo also can have island ...just like hdb ...older condo are big too...it is the new development / hdb that is small... some small until ...kelian .. stove can only have 2 burner and remaining is abit of storage or table top for food preparation

I realised most new flats at sengkang and punggol have the same design too. Went to so many housewarming and all the houses looked the same. Hdb should come up with more designs!

Ya lor! We like to keep sentimental stuff mah. They don't know de.. My hubby used to throw my old stuff and made me upset! Certain things have values k..

Yes I agree... Nowadays, new condo also pathetic. My SIL just shifted to 4 room condo, so small. A lot of bay windows. Cannot removed. All 3 common room only can put a single bed and a cupboard, barely enough walking space.
New hdb worse, kitchen is just super tiny, one wash basin and a stove area, a space for fridge.. That's it.. 2 people standing inside is the maximum..

Yes I agree... Nowadays, new condo also pathetic. My SIL just shifted to 4 room condo, so small. A lot of bay windows. Cannot removed. All 3 common room only can put a single bed and a cupboard, barely enough walking space.
New hdb worse, kitchen is just super tiny, one wash basin and a stove area, a space for fridge.. That's it.. 2 people standing inside is the maximum..

Yes.. And the quality of new flats also becoming lousy. My friend even had mushrooms growing on her brand new toilet door!

I must have a big kitchen in my house. I love to bake and cook. I spend most of my time there. And family meals are important to me. All sit down and eat together. No tv or whatever excuse to leave the table early! Haha..

The worst thing is the condo developers make you pay for the bay windows, because it falls into the GFA of the building... =.=

I realised most new flats at sengkang and punggol have the same design too. Went to so many housewarming and all the houses looked the same. Hdb should come up with more designs!
i staying sengkang leh... not that layout for mine leh

she buy town area izzt .. outskirt one ..will be bigger ... wah 4 bedroom condo damn exp leh ... easily 1.2m onwards ... but how come only common can only put single bed ... usually will allow at max queen bed but no more room after that lolz so need this kind of bed http://www.hiddenwallbed.com.sg/products/

The worst thing is the condo developers make you pay for the bay windows, because it falls into the GFA of the building... =.=
bay window is the signature of CDL :D almost all their development got bay window but smart interior designer can work around it

oh ok.

but my new place has got no hook

Actually can drill a hole if you want to.. I have a portable one.. but my new place we also drill a hole in the ceiling.. and install the hook to hang yaolan..

It doesn't help that they see daddy only once a week. Haha! In the beginning they were like strangers so the kids were scared! :p

It's good that he still likes his cot! Maybe can convert to toddler bed for him and get baby a new bed? Mine never got converted for sleeping before. I only managed to convert just to see what it looked like before selling it off. Wasted..

Haha no wonder they scare.. but after a while should be ok already? Kids need familiarity..

Hmm I am thinking to get a toddler bed / single bed for him or to put mattress on the floor.. since i believe that he will outgrow the cot soon.. so no point buying another cot..

ImageUploadedByForum1406790238.381822.jpg

It looks like this. Worth every cent.

she buy town area izzt .. outskirt one ..will be bigger ... wah 4 bedroom condo damn exp leh ... easily 1.2m onwards ... but how come only common can only put single bed ... usually will allow at max queen bed but no more room after that lolz so need this kind of bed http://www.hiddenwallbed.com.sg/products/

Yours is few years back. It's a different batch. I mean last year and this year's 4 room designs. Haha.. Anyway did you buy a 4 room or 5 room? I heard now the 5 room doesn't come with 4 bedrooms anymore..?

Actually can drill a hole if you want to.. I have a portable one.. but my new place we also drill a hole in the ceiling.. and install the hook to hang yaolan..

Haha no wonder they scare.. but after a while should be ok already? Kids need familiarity..

Hmm I am thinking to get a toddler bed / single bed for him or to put mattress on the floor.. since i believe that he will outgrow the cot soon.. so no point buying another cot..

Yes. From about two to three years old, they are ok. But still not close with him. Really worried when i need to go and deliver #3!

That's true. No point getting a new cot then. I think when my girl was 5, she couldn't stretch her feet out anymore.

No le.. At telok kurau area... Ya about that price, consider cheap le.. Now price worse. They put a single bed w a pull out bed, after pull out touches the cupboards, that's it... Cos all room have bay windows.. Take up a lot of space.. And bay windows are quite huge le.. Even toilet stand shower also w bay window, want to convert bath tub also cannot... In short whole house w bay window except kitchen.. Lol

Yours is few years back. It's a different batch. I mean last year and this year's 4 room designs. Haha.. Anyway did you buy a 4 room or 5 room? I heard now the 5 room doesn't come with 4 bedrooms anymore..?
all along no 4 bedrooms in 5rm flat leh... it is only 3 bedrooms but bigger living / dinning area niah..
4 bedroom is EA one ... but one of the bedroom is meant to be study room so abit smaller one

erm windows no leeway to change one... i asked before for my first resale flat... HDB dun allow you to alter and affect the appearance of the the whole block...

bay window is the signature of CDL :D almost all their development got bay window but smart interior designer can work around it
Yes, initially ID say can customise a bed flush w the bay window so that mattress can put on top.. But feng shui say cannot. Say is no good to sleep below a beam (above the floor's house bay window)

No le.. At telok kurau area... Ya about that price, consider cheap le.. Now price worse. They put a single bed w a pull out bed, after pull out touches the cupboards, that's it... Cos all room have bay windows.. Take up a lot of space.. And bay windows are quite huge le.. Even toilet stand shower also w bay window, want to convert bath tub also cannot... In short whole house w bay window except kitchen.. Lol
Telok kurau area...i like leh ...almost east coast area liao ... that area exp ... and most of those area is long service yard and big balcony ...the eat space part of the house

erm windows no leeway to change one... i asked before for my first resale flat... HDB dun allow you to alter and affect the appearance of the the whole block...
of couse lah that will affect eh facade of the block if they allow ... hell will break loose :D

Yes, initially ID say can customise a bed flush w the bay window so that mattress can put on top.. But feng shui say cannot. Say is no good to sleep below a beam (above the floor's house bay window)
lolz you bring FS master go see showflat lolz ...

all along no 4 bedrooms in 5rm flat leh... it is only 3 bedrooms but bigger living / dinning area niah..
4 bedroom is EA one ... but one of the bedroom is meant to be study room so abit smaller one

My parents' 5 room flat at bishan comes with 4 bedrooms. But it's old flat.. 20 over years already. Still have a balcony which she converted to study room and long access corridor which she bought over. She bought it only 15 years ago. So still got lots to pay off now. :(

I see. Then yours is different. I haven't seen it before.

Ya window cannot change. My flat is old but because taking over the corridor, so is almost full length.. But wall between kitchen and living room is definitely good idea... Really makes your house bigger and brighter.. I can take pic of mine if u keen to see.

Ya window cannot change. My flat is old but because taking over the corridor, so is almost full length.. But wall between kitchen and living room is definitely good idea... Really makes your house bigger and brighter.. I can take pic of mine if u keen to see.

I simply hack down the wall btw living and kitchen to make it open concept...

Back