(2014) ivf mummies support group

Yes I agree latching helps calm cranky baby. That's why I failed to soothe my elder twin cause she doesn't latch. My younger one do but she doesn't clear my breast so after she comfort latch to sleep I can't sleep cause I need to pump. Haha.

this phase will pass! very soon they will b on solid n eat with their fingers or utensils. u wan 2latch or bottle feed they also not interested..

iwahb-u use steam sterliser? do u have to wipe dry è membrane b4 ur nex pump?

my baby fever n miss ifc yesterday...

this phase will pass! very soon they will b on solid n eat with their fingers or utensils. u wan 2latch or bottle feed they also not interested..

iwahb-u use steam sterliser? do u have to wipe dry è membrane b4 ur nex pump?

my baby fever n miss ifc yesterday...
Fever due to injection or virus? Wah so you took leave? I am been taking leave too omg.

Faith, cos frozen ebm has a metallic taste. When I smell them myself I also gagged.

So now I only store as chill bm. Those frozen I hv Jan supplies still sitting there.

Joy no I don't sterilise the membrane but at times say 1 out of every 20x I throw into steriliser but I make sure membrane don't face directly near the heat rising there.

No even after every pump I wash the parts I only shake off the water. Till my next pump there will still be water droplets here and there in the bottles etc I dun wipe. If still wipe i very busy. Haha.

i soak in é sterlising tablets n wipe dry now... tiring.. n it cause my tube 2hav water vapour..

iwahb-hows ifc for ur twins?

my baby fever off by sat.. sun was ok...3rd week @ifc...

Joy my younger also got fever. She started 3 days in ifc then weekend then she have fever then on off on off. Elder so far no fever but started to have running nose so I also don't know who spread. I never wipe dry at all the pump parts if still wipe dry I very tired. All my life my hands have never touch so much water before. Ever since my girls born my hands always washing washing washing :(

iwahb-hope ur younger twin fever goes off totally soon...

i tryin hard 2set è tempo in pumpin @work.. now i feel weekend 2short.. haha...

My younger went ifc the 1st day it had fever. When she went it was 37.3 but they still allow me to place them there. the teacher say will help me monitor i bring medicine for them. Then at night back fever still high so I didn continue to send the next day as I feel they not attentive enough. Anyway I also feed weird why bb start fever they still allow to stay. Got good got bad. I just start work can't take leave so that day I just leave bb there but as a mum i also worry cause it mean other bb also can allow inside when there is fever. Then the fever on off on off didn really went away. The 2nd time ifc detect 37.3 they ask me if want bring bb back or stay there they monitor I say I bring back. Then I ask them actually fever can stay? The teachers then say by right can't. But since 37.3 is starting May or may not go high they can help monitor if high then will call me back to bring bb back.

I just brought my girl for her 5 in 1 2nd dose and rotavirus 2nd dose today. I asked the nurse about her refusal to drink milk after her 3rd month vaccinations. She said it's very normal because of the side effect of rotavirus. She said some babies don't even gain weight.

Faithfullyours I think is just a passing stage. My girls still at 120ml since don't know when and always fuss fuss at half mark. But lately I realise my younger girl appetite is getting better despite being sick. Can finish at one go and easily hungry again after 2hrs. I am monitoring who knows able to increase ml already. But elder one still same.

Somehow it just happen when bb start ifc we notice there will be cough, sneeze, fever, rash, lost of weight etc. Hope your bb recover soon bbhc. My younger got uti but funny is baby eating well and all so doc say don't need to do anything but if fever spikes up must go hospital immediately.

hi mummies, just now went ntuc and see cereals for baby. quite a few diff brands. now I am stuck. there is this moon rabbit (made in Singapore) brand they have brown rice cereals and those cereals inside that contains some Chinese herbs etc. of course there is this nestle cerelac also diff taste, rice, brown rice etc...what will you all chose for baby. so when baby reach 6 months we can start by giving cereals mix with milk in a bowl or inside milk bottle? then do we give cereals 1st or those puree (self made fruits or veg)

My pd given nestle rice (green packaging) for my girl to try. Not bad very smooth. Green packaging is without milk so you can add your bm or fm. Brown rice tin (red packaging) is with milk and rice ( blue packaging) also with milk. I only feed like 1 teaspoon of cereal with milk. Also can give like 1 teaspoon of puree but i have not started with that.

Iwahb, how do you know your twin B has UTI? You took her urine and tested?

My girl had fever last night after vaccinations. Gave her one dose of liquid paracetamol and the fever subsides today.

I do hope her refusal to drink milk is just a passing phase. It has been 1.5 months since she rejects milk. It's getting worrisome.

A few days ago before her vaccinations, she was rejecting bottle again. I don't know why. Have been feeding her 2 bottles per day. Then she also started to drink lesser and lesser from bottle. Now can't even finish 30 ml.

Stressed!

Fever plus don't drink milk might be uti. But your case is unlikely as only after injection then fever. Hmm.. you can go and check check. What they do is they put one sticker bag at the diaper area. Then they collect the sample urine and test.

faith-my baby also drk less milk now.. lik 2 feeds of 110-130ml per day.. down from 3feed of same volume @ifc durin é 1st 2weeks.. @hm i jus latch when he looks hungry n nurse him 2sleep...

my girl has fever up and down for 1 week + already and went kkh to take urine sample they took twice. one is what lynncandy has describe use a sticker bag then another they direct massage her tummy hope she pee and they faster collect using cup. the first method they was saying got some impurities and so might be uti then they say maybe the sticker bag in 1st place is a bit dirty so not accurate so they direct collect using the cup. then they say cup samples look clean shouldn be a problem but then later on I receive call from them saying the test show uti then they ask me if my girl still got fever, feeding ok, urine smelly etc. but the thing is my girl now feeding super good. 120ml every 2hrly instead 3 and don't fuss halfway mark. fever also didn come back 2 days already. urine also not smelly. so the nurse say if nothing then its ok but if fever back and feeding affected faster bring back hospital. I am wondering uti don't need to do anything mah? when I ask the nurse she even got the cheek tell me cause they did 2 test so they not sure which sample they bring to test the one with sticker bag or direct so don't know if the result is accurate..pengz. kkh kkh....

My friend also told me that her girl is drinking lesser too. She used to drink 120 ml per feed every 3-4 hours but now she only drinks 80 ml.

1st feed is lik 6hrs aft we brg in. 2nd feed is 4hrs later... they only feed act baby wak up from nap or looks hungry...

my ifc will ask me when is bb last feed then usually they will start feeding around 8/9am cause I don't feed baby then leave house. my girls last feed usually middle night 3-4am. I brought 9 x 120ml bm to ifc starting they will finish 6-7 bottles this two days finish all 9 bottles I guess cause my younger going through another stage of growth spurt. usually I pickup my girls around 6-6.15pm

I just went to Kiddy Palace and invested in different teats. I bought Nuk rubber latex teat and silicone teat from size S to L for 0 to 6 months. Also bought Pigeon narrow neck teats size M and size Y as it can fit into Pigeon, Medela and Nuk bottles. Also bought Dr Brown's standard bottles and teats.

Wish me good luck!

Ya mine is 9 cups of milk for 2 babies so each baby 4/5 only.

Faithfullyours jiayou hope u can find the bottle your girl like. Try to test for 2-3days before U change.

Faithfully jia you. That time we also keep trying to find the one most suitable for our babies.
Bb_hc then no need to work?

jus 2share.. we usin medela teats s siz... so far ok.. can latch can bottle.. baby usually finish wat we put in bottle.. so try 2keep to around 120ml..

faithfullyyours, I use medela wide neck teats. my friend says it is softer so babies like it. see if u wanna consider it. Cannot buy from stores, usually online eg bingbling.

Some mommies use calma teats cos supposed to be like breast. but calma teats are expensive la..

I didn know Medela got wide neck hehe. But I know calma some say not good also and yes super ex. $30 plus per teat. Doesn't come with bottle somemore.

I seriously don't know what's wrong with my girl. I bottle fed her using Nuk glass bottle and silicone size S at 1.30 pm. She drank 95 ml using 1.5 hours. In between I still had to stop many times to pacify her to drink. Then we went out to Changi City Point. At about 4 plus, she was fussing so I breastfed her and she drank for about 5 minutes and stopped. Then she fell asleep in the stroller. We reached home at around 6.30 pm. Wanted to bottle feed her 100 ml. Guess what? She cried and screamed whenever I put the teat into her mouth. After trying for almost 2 hours, we gave up. She only drank 20 ml. Then I tried to breastfeed her. Again she drank like 5 minutes and stopped. By drinking this little amount of milk, she can tahan the whole day?

faith.. jus check her urine output.. as long as got a few urine per day should b ok.. smtimes baby dun drk a lot.

n when they latch, they can drk a lot in first 5mins if ur supply is the spray kind...

dun worry 2much on é drkin.. as long as pd think no acid reflux n baby still play n sleep normal, might b passin phase..

Faith or maybe U want stop latch her when U want try bottle feed her? Cause she haven't get use bottle then when she thought she can have bottle U latch her again make her wanna drink from breast again.

I tried to imitate as though she is going to IFC in the day. I tried giving her 3 bottles in the day. Only latch at night. Then she started drinking lesser and lesser from bottle. Then she started waking up more and more in the night. Usually after giving bottle, I don't latch her immediately. I'll only latch her like 1 hour later. I'm actually very tired because in the day I have to use hours to coax her to drink from bottle and still gotta pump, wash and sterilise and end up I can't rest. At night I suspect she wanna touch base with my breasts so keep waking up. Like that I also can't rest well at night. Totally worn out!!!

Worse still, she's losing weight!

faith-u not goin back work full tim rite? u wana jus try latch only.. giv urself a break.. even jus b4 baby ifc, i only giv bottle once a day or once 2days 2make sure can drk bottle.. é rest of é time i jus latch.. save some sane for myself...

but jus make sure ur girl dun hav acid reflux.. coz sm babies do get that....

now i hav 2pump n wash @work.. can b very tiring... n rush work 2try 2go home on time..

jia you!!

Joy, yes I want to go back to full time latching but I'm worried she might not want to take the bottle again. I mean now she's taking the bottle but not fully accepting it because like I said she can take hours to finish. The problem with latching is that she also doesn't seem want to latch much. Basically I find that she has no desire to drink milk.

Back