(2014) ivf mummies support group

Yes I also last min need ifc badly. Don't want to see my poor mum taking care of baby alone with all the housework and cooking. She is old already.
Faithfully, so you will go back to work and sending baby to ifc?
Lynn, I don't think so. I was exploring my options and I wanted to see how IFC operates. I still prefer to take care of my girl myself. Not very comfortable putting my girl in IFC.

When I stop bf, I didn't have any engorgement. Before tt, my breasts were actually leaking milk for few days.
I no pump no engorged so just natural stop lor. Sometimes will leak abit if I dun wear bra
Actually I find it very wasted to stop BM even if you don't have enough. A bit is still better than nothing. Persevere is the key word. I consider myself as a classic case as I didn't even have colostrum to start with in hospital. My BM came in only after I got discharged and pumped out when I went back home. I was also depressed and sad that I'm not like others whose BM can be a lot. I find that nursing my girl regularly really helps boost my BM. Now my breasts feel full 2 hours after I feed my girl. Still not as much as those who can store up but I'm still very happy.

However, I also understand the frustration and exhaustion from latching and pumping. Now I only pump like twice a day. In the morning when I wake up and at night before I go to sleep. The rest of the time, I just latch my girl.

Actually I find it very wasted to stop BM even if you don't have enough. A bit is still better than nothing. Persevere is the key word. I consider myself as a classic case as I didn't even have colostrum to start with in hospital. My BM came in only after I got discharged and pumped out when I went back home. I was also depressed and sad that I'm not like others whose BM can be a lot. I find that nursing my girl regularly really helps boost my BM. Now my breasts feel full 2 hours after I feed my girl. Still not as much as those who can store up but I'm still very happy.

However, I also understand the frustration and exhaustion from latching and pumping. Now I only pump like twice a day. In the morning when I wake up and at night before I go to sleep. The rest of the time, I just latch my girl.

Bm is good but not all can preserve I'm lucky I give my little bm to my boy for 6 mths. N going to stop soon coz my boy not willing to latch Liao le so no point pumping. My bm is so little only 10-20ml now. No demand no supply.

It's very tiring if cannt latch. I got a lot of times keep wanting to give up pumping cause not only time consuming with the engorgement pain and all just make me so depressed. When I am pumping sometimes my babies cry I cannot carry immediately and thus the duty falls to the grandma and helper become they attached themselves more to the two which I don't like. Then when now start to bring them out shopping every 3 hrs I feel pain in boobs need to find time and place to pump so troublesome. If babies can latch maybe easier for me. But they see their moôd also. They don't start of latching as main supply so cannot blame them now they not very good in it.

By the way snow check with U, for 5-1 jab, rotavirus and pneumonia jab must take exactly 3months? My aptm date is exactly 3months from their birth date but I'm thinking can I bring forward a week or few days before they turn exactly 3months?

At which month will start teething? So fast ar? Oh then I better make aptm after the 3rd mth. Cause I intend to change polyclinic change to one that offer rotavirus as well so can do all together.

It's very tiring if cannt latch. I got a lot of times keep wanting to give up pumping cause not only time consuming with the engorgement pain and all just make me so depressed. When I am pumping sometimes my babies cry I cannot carry immediately and thus the duty falls to the grandma and helper become they attached themselves more to the two which I don't like. Then when now start to bring them out shopping every 3 hrs I feel pain in boobs need to find time and place to pump so troublesome. If babies can latch maybe easier for me. But they see their moôd also. They don't start of latching as main supply so cannot blame them now they not very good in it.

By the way snow check with U, for 5-1 jab, rotavirus and pneumonia jab must take exactly 3months? My aptm date is exactly 3months from their birth date but I'm thinking can I bring forward a week or few days before they turn exactly 3months?

I only know rotavirus cannot be later than 3 mths muz take exactly or weeks later

At which month will start teething? So fast ar? Oh then I better make aptm after the 3rd mth. Cause I intend to change polyclinic change to one that offer rotavirus as well so can do all together.

My boy now coming to 6 mths this sun start to see white colour teeth popping out liao

No leh...that's not what I was told. I was told by Tampines Polyclinics nurse that Rotavirus can be taken any time between 6 weeks old and 6 months old.

Eh Hougang polyclinic nv told us anything but got ppl call up n ask they say muz not exceed 3 mths coz we got 1 mummy her bb exceed 3 mths end up polyclinic dun give ask her go private n take

Eh Hougang polyclinic nv told us anything but got ppl call up n ask they say muz not exceed 3 mths coz we got 1 mummy her bb exceed 3 mths end up polyclinic dun give ask her go private n take
Maybe the 3 months timeline is to facilitate polyclinics schedule? Tampines Polyclinics is under Sing Health so they don't have Rotavirus. They told us to go private to take between 6 weeks old and 6 months old.

There's no right or wrong as long mummy Happy can liao.

Iwantahealthybaby, not yet. she is at 70ml. We tried 80ml but end up with overfeeding. she keeps puking milk out and poo turned reddish. apparently kanna indigestion.

Kitkats, me totally don't dare to think of #2. Hahaha! I am still missing my sleep and my life.

maybe cos she is a special baby, so we find it more challenging and it limits our activities.

circles-stay positive n enjoyin nursing ur girl!! i miss readin ur blog.. keep us updated on how you are doing!

Maybe the 3 months timeline is to facilitate polyclinics schedule? Tampines Polyclinics is under Sing Health so they don't have Rotavirus. They told us to go private to take between 6 weeks old and 6 months old.

Maybe singhealth n national health group operate differently. If I'm not wrong first dose can't exceed 3rd mth n 2nd dose can't exceed 6th mth
I not sure also haha coz we just take accordingly to the schedule haha

Maybe singhealth n national health group operate differently. If I'm not wrong first dose can't exceed 3rd mth n 2nd dose can't exceed 6th mth
I not sure also haha coz we just take accordingly to the schedule haha
So Rotavirus has 2 doses? I didn't know. I thought it's just 1 dose. Okay will bear that in mind.

I think yes leh. That's what I understand from healthway group the doc that's why I got to bring baby to the clinic for rotavirus after the jab at polyclinic.

Omg my baby that time hep b already cry until like the whole ceiling will drop. That's why I am still considering whether to let my baby take pcv only at one year old. The rest of the mummies what are your plans?

Omg my baby that time hep b already cry until like the whole ceiling will drop. That's why I am still considering whether to let my baby take pcv only at one year old. The rest of the mummies what are your plans?
Will let her take all 3 at one go. Save the trouble to remember which one has taken and which one has not taken.

Take all 1 shot is better. They now Duno what is pain when they grow bigger they know what is pain cry lagi jia lat

Anyone encounters baby losing weight after switching from FM to total BM? I find my girl not as chubby as when she's on a mix of FM and BM.

How's your schedule going?
Almost every 2 to 3 hours feed. She still latches on well. Just that I don't know if she's drinking enough. I can nurse her for like 30 minutes to an hour. If she's drinking my EBM, my CL only gives her 60 ml because my CL doesn't want my EBM to go into waste if she cannot finish since every drop of my BM is precious.

Last edited:
U still got cl now? Then 60ml now should be more already Faithfullyours. The thing about latch is cannot keep track how much they drink. Guess what just now I try to latch my elder girl she latch suck haven't 2-3mins she show vomit mouth action and vomit out while mouth still on my boobs. Really that bad meh direct taste!! So hurtful la. Can't be really the flow too fast right. When pump also not so fast I feel. But usually when I start pumping milk will flow out. I don't stimulate I always start expression mode for pump.

Anyone encounters baby losing weight after switching from FM to total BM? I find my girl not as chubby as when she's on a mix of FM and BM.

Becoz FM contains more fat. U got to see ur bm does it contain more water than milk? If yes then probably ur bb is drinking more water than the fats in the bm. My frien who bf her bb is a Michelin like Lotus root

U still got cl now? Then 60ml now should be more already Faithfullyours. The thing about latch is cannot keep track how much they drink. Guess what just now I try to latch my elder girl she latch suck haven't 2-3mins she show vomit mouth action and vomit out while mouth still on my boobs. Really that bad meh direct taste!! So hurtful la. Can't be really the flow too fast right. When pump also not so fast I feel. But usually when I start pumping milk will flow out. I don't stimulate I always start expression mode for pump.

Maybe is ur letdown too fast that ur gal can't catch hold that's why vomit out. What I saw frm the Breast feeding group they suggest before u latch express some milk out first n than latch ur gal

Almost every 2 to 3 hours feed. She still latches on well. Just that I don't know if she's drinking enough. I can nurse her for like 30 minutes to an hour. If she's drinking my EBM, my CL only gives her 60 ml because my CL doesn't want my EBM to go into waste if she cannot finish since every drop of my BM is precious.
How you manage to take 60 ml from frozen milk? You mean defrost and measure and pour into bottle, then put back the rest into fridge?

Snow anyway my girls both not an expert in latching so the position the comfort level and all seems not right too. Or maybe the elder just don't like latch so when I force her head to my boobs she struggle plus suck then milk like U say might be too fast for her she cannot drink down then vomit . I randomly will try latch hoping they can master it and won't forget but I know difficult. Anyway I know at end of day I can not say goodbye to my pump till the day I find I cannot supply to their needs then shall decide to give up a not.

Faithfullyours I always thought bf bb will look like Michelin more (fatty bb) but maybe what snow say is right your bm might contain more water than fats. I guess mine also like that cause my girls can drink like every 2 hrs. When I store my bm in fridge I can see that there is a layer of fats settling on top but not a thick layer.

Hello ladies! Haiz... bf journey is difficult man. I do exclusive pumping and it takes me away from my girl. Each pump session is like 1hr inclusive of time to prepare the pump parts etc. Haiz.. i am at 5 hrly pump schedule now. Really cannot handle the 3hrly type.

joy_meme, I also miss writing my blog! but now my life is pumping, feeding, removing poo and trying to sleep as much.

The lack of sleep is making my stools hard and piles/anal tear seem to be coming back. The skin on my thumb is cracked cos of the frequent washing of pump parts. I always massage my breast thru out my pump session and do hand expressing and somehow the joints of my fingers are now aching. Haiz... life of a cow and its side effects. I think my body constitution not very suitable for bf man!

circles-do u eat papaya.. i also hav a lot of bowel problem... papaya helps a bit..drk lots n lots of water... i have è problem of é mass lik hard n difficult 2pass out... gosh.. nightmare.. i haven gone back 2my gyne 4review...

the milk that comes out at later part of each feed got more fats n calories i think.. smtimes i will squeeze out a bit to check if there r anymore milk, i can tell è colour difference.. foremilk like more watery a bit nearer 2transparent.. hind milk a bit more cloudy...

How you manage to take 60 ml from frozen milk? You mean defrost and measure and pour into bottle, then put back the rest into fridge?
No I don't have frozen ones though I wish I have. Each pump I can only yield about 200 ml combined. After that, I'll pour into Avent milk bottles. I'll fill up each bottle 60 ml. Non frozen ones can keep up to 48 hours when refrigerated. So my girl clears my EBM everyday. In a day, there will be 1 or 2 times, I ask my CL to bottle feed her with my EBM for me to take a break.

My friend just told me if I wanna increase the fats level in my BM, I can eat more nuts like peanuts, cashew nuts, red beans, etc.

Frozen ones from what I learnt from my KKH class is that you need to defrost it by taking out from the freezer, put it at the non freezer compartment, wait for it to become liquid form again before you take it out to warm it up. Bb_hc, you have a lot of BM?

circles-do u eat papaya.. i also hav a lot of bowel problem... papaya helps a bit..drk lots n lots of water... i have è problem of é mass lik hard n difficult 2pass out... gosh.. nightmare.. i haven gone back 2my gyne 4review...

the milk that comes out at later part of each feed got more fats n calories i think.. smtimes i will squeeze out a bit to check if there r anymore milk, i can tell è colour difference.. foremilk like more watery a bit nearer 2transparent.. hind milk a bit more cloudy...
Joy meme! I also dunno why after delivery so bad. This is what I got to eat!

During pregnancy - 10ml stool softener + + 1 probiotics pill + 1 fybogel + 2 servings of fruits (kiwi/dragonfruit/payaya)

after delivery - 25 ml stool softener + 1 probiotic pills + 2 fybogel + oats + bran + chia seed + prunes + 3 servings of fruits (kiwi/dragonfruit/payaya). I even change my rice to brown rice. go food court also order from vegetarian stall cos got brown rice.

I drink like 3-4 litres of water lor.. altho I can poo once a day or once in 2 days, but the starting poo is always hard and spikey. then will cause bleeding.

Haiz... i also dunno why...

No I don't have frozen ones though I wish I have. Each pump I can only yield about 200 ml combined. After that, I'll pour into Avent milk bottles. I'll fill up each bottle 60 ml. Non frozen ones can keep up to 48 hours when refrigerated. So my girl clears my EBM everyday. In a day, there will be 1 or 2 times, I ask my CL to bottle feed her with my EBM for me to take a break.

My friend just told me if I wanna increase the fats level in my BM, I can eat more nuts like peanuts, cashew nuts, red beans, etc.

Frozen ones from what I learnt from my KKH class is that you need to defrost it by taking out from the freezer, put it at the non freezer compartment, wait for it to become liquid form again before you take it out to warm it up. Bb_hc, you have a lot of BM?
faithfullyyours, each pump is 200ml is quite good right? If you pump 8x a day, that is 2.4litres liaoz.

I get about 1 litre a day. but my girl small appetite. only about 500-600ml each day. so I get freeze a bit.

Whao Faithfullyours 200ml very good already still cannot freeZe? I now also around 180-200ml but I can freeze Abit. I freeze partly cause my storage cups no more. Now I also feeding my girls ebm at night but when go out will still take fm out. My girls drinking 100ml (sometimes left 20ml) every 2-2.5hrly. Night can stretch longer maybe 3-4hrs.

My constipation problem actually improved After delivery. Don't shit daily but average 2-3days and its smooth so much better than me before preg and during preg.

Circle I feel U. Everytime I pump especially during the day I feel I'm wasting my time sitting there pumping when my girls needed attention I'm not there. But what to do must give them them bm so I just got to continue pumping. I also get so tired of washing the pump parts and bottles especially mine is x 2. Night after pumping wash and store sometimes bb wake up feed i so lack of sleep too.

Back