(2014) ivf mummies support group

i imagine 1day need at least 5sets, tak it u wash every 2days, so need at least 20 sets 2hav no pressure system way of washin n dryin n keepin back in2 cupboard....

Lynn, I have less than 20 clothes(rompers + long short sleeves sets). Do u think enough? Most likely wash 3 or 4 days..
I have 5 bagful of hands me down clothes. I wash all the new ones that I bought for baby and 3 bags of old clothes. My MIL keeps saying we have a lot of baby clothes.

faith-for é hand downs, are all é age labels intact? mines not all intact n i m thinkin how 2differentiate their sizes...

Bob outgrown very fast especially after the full month so if want to get clothes get bigger sizes like 6-12 or 12-18 my be outgrown very fast after full month I think got at least 10 pcs can't wear Liao

faith-for é hand downs, are all é age labels intact? mines not all intact n i m thinkin how 2differentiate their sizes...
Some of the labels are still intact while some are cut away already. I try to compare the size of those with labels and pack accordingly.

DH's cousin gave us 3 bags, my friend gave me 1 bag and my neighbour also gave us 1 bag.

Kitkats, did you try asking your friends/relatives for old clothes? I heard lah that baby must wear old clothes to grow up and will be easier to handle. Don't know how true lah. I rather just believe lor.

Mine are all 3 to 6 months at least so now it is a bit big for my baby but is ok. The number of sets depending on the speed of washing and drying. My mum everyday wash also not enough. The wrap baby's tummy one I bought another 8 more. 20 sets should be ok if wash everyday. If 3 to 4 days then wash confirm not enough kitkats.
I let my baby wear long pants and shirts as newborn needs something more warming.
Buddy is your wound still pain?

Last edited:
iwahb - ur leg still painful? é swellin went off on it's own??

let me try 2sort soon n wash é small size ones, tks 4sharin!

Hello ladies. finally alone in room. Hahaha. still can't sleep. so here is the story..

my edd is 21 nov. sat visit was 37w and gynae said bp high, water borderline. let's check on Tues and may need to induce this week.

woke up feeling normal. drove myself and mom to clinic at 930. bp normal and water bag low at 4.9. so better discuss when to induce.

then he checked cervix. dilate 4-5cm but I was feeling ok. and I was told IMMEDIATELY ADMIT. walked over to delivery ward and admitted myself at 10.

not much pain all along. was even served lunch. at 130pm, cos not much pain so gynae burst water bag. Cos contractions will start after water bag burst. I went straight into epi mode. then it was happy-dural until 515pm where I dilated 10cm. 6pm then nurse came to teach me how to push. did a few rounds of pushes and dh saw the crowning.

then doc came about 615pm. More rounds of pushing and out by 630pm.

The only hiccup... epi wear off a bit early and I could feel the stitching up. doc had to give me jabs to numb the area.

then finally went to ward at 8pm. In between, just tonnes of puking cos of the epi.

and now... finally alone and awake on the bed. Dunno why can't sleep leh!

And for some stats - baby born 37w4d. weight is 2.3kg. A little on the small side but I guess small babies easier to deliver. One of the rare cases for ftm to be served lunch and dinner within same day. Hahaha

Congrats circle welcome to join us. . Haha now they should be guiding you on bf and etc. Hehe then baby will push to you to see. .. Baby so cute. A moment to a new start of another phrase of life. Jia you. .
Kitkats, faithfully, ete, bb_hc should be there very soon already.

Bbhc, yup was given one date for one of the immunisation and tHe rest haven't, doc in polyclinic say will give once their jaundice level go below the mark. My babies also got jaundice but not high the level so also have to monitor.

Joy meme, my dh say my feet not swollen anymore. I also feel not swollen already but the feet landing area there still abit painful but bearable. I didn wear the compression socks already cause super painful and itchy. I wear during my 3 days stay in hospital and back home on off wear another 2-3 days then give up. When I stop wearing that time legs still abit swollen but not as bad so don't know is socks
Help or automatic after birth will reduce swell.

Kitkats would recommend some top with buttons for new born if u getting more cause I personally feel rompers hard to wear especially if baby is small size cause they are very fragile. And with the dangling umbilical cord the 1st week u really wouldn't want to touch much of that area.

Bud I have a lot clothes really so wasted so many nice romper design but really not suitable for them wear now cause change clothes troublesome. My twin b head still very soft. Twin a getting fatter already. The wound on off still pain especially when I get out of bed that moment. Other than that still bearable. Yours? U gg back to remove stitch or your stitch auto melt type? Me going back this Friday to remove stitch. Hopefully all is good.

Circle your birth experience seems easy. Your natural birth is consider fast. Good that u don't feel painful during the contraction and pushing. So today you can discharge already? Not to worry baby at week 37 should be around that weight. Mine also both there at week 37. Get ready to latch, pump, feed!

I confirm didn do my confinement well so far. Been busy with this and that, rest confirm not adequate. Keep washing milk bottles and pump parts also so keep touching water. And they keep saying cannot blow fan but I been blowing direct cause really hot. My body just keep sweating.

Iwantahealthybaby, I am one of the lucky fews for delivery. I guess I unknowingly zoom into half way point 5cm dilation without knowing it. I will discharge on Thurs noon.

latching not too successful now. She doesn't want to suckle. and not starting on pumping yet leh...

Circles I find smaller baby harder to latch. Partly also due to their size when we handle them also don't dare too rough. I don't recommend pumping so fast. Now is the stage where colostrum comes in it's better to do hand express using a cup or syringe. I personally find syringe easier for colostrum. Cause they are thick when u express out they don't drip so fast all stuck at the nipple outlets then faster use syringe to syringe it in.

Buddy, your babies got to go back review by their doctor? Haha we are really buddy, I am also going back on Friday to see gynae and hope all is well. Same here my confinement is like no confinement. I have been washing milk bottles as my mum alone can't handle. Then use water to wash baby backside and etc never get to sleep full night as baby wakes up cry cry. Then I sweat like mad and clothing all with sweat which they say clothing cannot be wet on our body not good.. However I can't be changing non stop also as already so many baby clothing to wash still add mine jia lat for my mum.
Today I shall really try to rest more and start the moo moo routine. My supply down until very low.

Kitkats, you need long button top and pant for baby as newborn a lot of changing. Very hard to use romper so I can say no use. Somemore newborn needs warm warm as they a bit will be cold. Don't expose their legs first. Also got their tummy wrap for them as their cord still need sometime to fully heal. Don't let wind in. I need at least 12 for that with everyday washing.
Circle, jia you to try latch.. hehe..

Btw forgot to share about my hospital bill. My alone is 8k plus with 4 days 3 nights and also adding husband's stay charges. So we come out like 4k after medisave. As for baby stay 5 days with jaundice treatment total think 2k plus after me down medisave come out 1k. So total come out 5k with single bedded room.

Buddy what is syringe? Can show me pic how does it look like and how it works? How to do hand express..I find I use pump like very slow.

Congrats Circle!!!

Really heartwarming seeing us here 1 by 1 delivering... we all know how difficult and long this journey is...

Enjoy motherhood!!

Buddy what is syringe? Can show me pic how does it look like and how it works? How to do hand express..I find I use pump like very slow.

Syringe is something similar to needle de need to pump in milk n release bit by bit to bb I would suggest use cup feeder easier. If bb dun want to latch try to use medela cup feeder can get frm mums n babe. Once use bottle than they will have nipple confusion if ur milk flow is slow like mine than they will tend to latch awhile then start to fuss LE.
Btw I dun record I keep on sweating wor maybe I got hire CL, my bb after discharge I nv swaddle him at all coz he's slpping in cocoon a baby n is super hot n warm for him coz is something like a womb so I can say is a good investment for that

Mummies just to let u know for Breast feeding babies there will be a growth spurt whereby every HR they will cry n ask for milk n u just got to keep latching n this is the time to get ur supply up coz the demand is there thus supply will slowly go up

Congratulations circlecircle! Happy for u! You had a very smooth n easy delivery :D

Snow, thanks for the tips!

Last edited:
Congrats to all mummies n waiting to be deliver mummy jia you btw can try pumping colestrum out I saw FB that there's this mummy start to pump out her colestrum at week 37 so those wAiting to be deliver might want to try pump

Congrats to all mummies n waiting to be deliver mummy jia you btw can try pumping colestrum out I saw FB that there's this mummy start to pump out her colestrum at week 37 so those wAiting to be deliver might want to try pump

Snow, I think for those not ready pls dun pump. Nipple stimulation causes contraction. I go and try my breast pump to see working or not, then super strong contraction!!! My gyane scolded me and asked me to leave my nipples alone unless i wanna deliver now.

Personally I find syringe works better for my initial colostrum extraction. Only when the colostrum starts to change to abit less thick and watery (initial milk stage) then express out to cup is easier. At hospital during day 2night I try pump till my boobs sore also nothing. Cause haven't full flow so become all colostrum wasted at the pump parts corners don't want go down to bottle.
ImageUploadedByForum1415149066.801051.jpg

As for expressing before birth some say better don't as may induce labour or if bb haven't out but u manage to express out colostrum it's a waste.

Bud u need to keep pumping regularly to maintain supply. Me right now can do regular pumping session caste mum helps with feed most of the times but soon after she leave I might have problem too. I will either need to pump after their feed cannot almost same time as their feed but this will mean I have less time to rest in btw.

I also received my bill already and is happy my total csec and 4days 3night stay is close to 7k which is the initial pkg price. So after medisave deduction and all they still need to refund me $30 lol (paid deposit $2877 in cash) so for hospital bill for mummy I only fork out $2877-$30 cash :) A1 ward. As for bb bill I haven't receive hope no need top up cash.

By the way I got reviews with the ward doc for my bb in dec I wonder if they consider me as private patient charges. Think so. They want to review my babies cause before discharge they did some test.

Oh ya as for dressing bb in long sleeves long pants I don't cause mine don't sleep aircon room and i don't even on fan for them so I scare long pants and top will be too much for them. I try to swaddle them but after a while they like to break free from it if cannot they cry.

Some of the labels are still intact while some are cut away already. I try to compare the size of those with labels and pack accordingly.

DH's cousin gave us 3 bags, my friend gave me 1 bag and my neighbour also gave us 1 bag.

Kitkats, did you try asking your friends/relatives for old clothes? I heard lah that baby must wear old clothes to grow up and will be easier to handle. Don't know how true lah. I rather just believe lor.

I did ask some friends n relatives but they either give away the clothes already or expecting 2nd baby. No choice lor. Haha

Snow, I think for those not ready pls dun pump. Nipple stimulation causes contraction. I go and try my breast pump to see working or not, then super strong contraction!!! My gyane scolded me and asked me to leave my nipples alone unless i wanna deliver now.

Ya I know will cause contraction but apparently this mummy can pump a few bags of colestrum out n doesn even have contraction pain at all or I think it depends on individual de ba got another mummy consult LC abt it n the LC say is ok to pump before deliver n thus a lot of mummy say want to try for their next bb this mummy that post in the FB Breast feeding group is call tiara something de

Okok later I go to see if I got keep lol. That day saw zero payment I might have throw away. Later I go find got to finish pumping 1st

If u throw away can ask them to reprint n send it to u. Mine lost in somewhere in the house my hub called n ask them to resend it to us haha
Hey did u order the papaya fish soup when u stay in kkh?

Snow, I think once/twice or what cannot remember. I even ask for more red dates tea they give me flask I think that one won't extra charge me right? If yes should be in my mothers csec bill right?

Iwantahealthybaby, kkh provides red dates tea? Dunno subsidy have anot cos dh thinking of preparing it at home if they dun provide..
Did they charge u for the whole pkt of the loop pads tt u used at day 1 cos i thinking using the adhesive from the start cos dun think i will use loop at home

Ya I know will cause contraction but apparently this mummy can pump a few bags of colestrum out n doesn even have contraction pain at all or I think it depends on individual de ba got another mummy consult LC abt it n the LC say is ok to pump before deliver n thus a lot of mummy say want to try for their next bb this mummy that post in the FB Breast feeding group is call tiara something de

Woah... she power... i try like 4 sec. Then contraction super strong...

Woah... she power... i try like 4 sec. Then contraction super strong...

Haha maybe u are prone to due soon that's why can sense that I didn know can pump out if not I can try n the lady is at week 39 n no signs of labour

Snow, I think once/twice or what cannot remember. I even ask for more red dates tea they give me flask I think that one won't extra charge me right? If yes should be in my mothers csec bill right?

No la where will charge u, u are already staying at single bed de leh I request the soup at every meal so miss their soup haha hopefully my next bb they still have the soup haha

Iwantahealthybaby, kkh provides red dates tea? Dunno subsidy have anot cos dh thinking of preparing it at home if they dun provide..
Did they charge u for the whole pkt of the loop pads tt u used at day 1 cos i thinking using the adhesive from the start cos dun think i will use loop at home

It will be stated in the bill itself under misc item

Cheerywalnuts, for my csec the initial pkg price of $6800 something for the 4days 3nights stay include 2x10 pkt maternity pads. 1pkt(10pcs) is loop while 1 pkt(10pcs) is adhesive. They also provide paper panties. I bring extra pad and panties but end up didn use my own. I find theirs is enough. But depending on your discharge if u want to bring can concentrate extra adhesive. Cause after csec they will help u wear and change the loop pad. Only 2nd day when u can get down bed they change adhesive one for u. As for red dates tea it was in their food menu for lunch and dinner (chose among few choice of beverages) then I ask for more red dates tea during 1st day the lady say don't know still have anot cause usually out of stock fast then she say will see if have will bring me the leftover lol. That evening she bought a flask of red dates to me and the next few days she automatically change the flask with red dates daily.
ImageUploadedByForum1415175960.418988.jpg

This is the bill breakdown. After deduction of my initial deposit of $2877 and rest by dh medisave I don't need to pay extra in fact they still owe me $30 haha

By the way I don't know if csec they charge epidural cost anot cause I don't see it in my bill. Isit included in pkg or? Anyway there is a consumable I don't know that one refer to what? My meals in kkh or? Lol

U haven't register yourself cheerywalnuts? Once u register yourself they will ask u for deposit and will let u know what is included. I think quite basic pads should be included.

Haven register cos dr haven advise on the mode of delivery as she says still early. Think next wk review will be able know n proceed to do the admission documentation. :)

Back